Seasonal Tuning Challenge 1: Nurb time trial! Testing done by 5/2!

Onboy123
Yea, though it's mostly uMadson's editing, I have to admit that it may look better than the car actually is to drive…in fact, I'd say sod the driving and just look at that. :lol:

Hopefully though, that lot testing would find it as good to drive as it is good to look at.

That IS a great picture! If you click on my tune, you'll see my picture.
Taken at Flugplatz, downshifting, spewing flames!!

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Lexus, IS F Racing Concept '08, "Sick Puppy"
So the Wallbanger signed on for DigitalBaka's mini shootout at the ring where all tuners had to use this car and meet the current seasonal time trial restrictions. After repeatedly earning his name Ol' Harvey declared this to be one "Sick Puppy" and called it quits. While the Outlaw Motorsports Garage will accept no liability for this car and its tune, if anyone is foolhardy enough here is the information for building your own "Sick Puppy".
Kyoto20-20Shoren-in.jpg

Red20Bull20Hangar-7.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: NCD
Paintjob: Maziora Mazeran (Paint by Toyota)
Wheels: Stock
Aerodynamic Kit: Stock
Weight Reduction: -
Window Weight Reduction: -
Carbon Hood: -
Chassis reinforcement: -
ECU Tuning: -
Engine Tuning: -
Intake Manifold: -
Air Filter: -
Exhaust Manifold: -
Catalytic Converter: -
Exhaust: Titanium Racing (stock)
Turbo Kit: High RPM Range
Transmission: Fully Customizable (stock)
Clutch: -
Flywheel: -
LSD: Adjustable (stock)
Center Differential: -
Drive Shaft: -
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit (stock)
Tires: Race Hard

The Tune
Aerodynamics: Front 16, Rear 41
Ballast: 41kg at +50
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.000
3) Set Top Speed to 124mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.760,
2nd=2.100,
3rd=1.660,
4th=1.350,
5th=1.130,
6th=0.940
5) Set Final gear to 2.800
Should display an indicated top speed of 217mph in upper right corner.
LSD Rear Initial 9, Acceleration 12, Braking 6
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.6, Rear 2.8
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear +0.20
Ride Height Front +7, Rear +2
Spring Rate Front 18.7, Rear 18.7
Dampers (Extension) Front 1, Rear 3
Dampers (Compression) Front 3, Rear 7
Anti-Roll Bars Front 3, Rear 4
Brakes Front 5, Rear 7

The car has 600PP, weighs 1,391Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 658HP and produces 500ft-lb torque@6,000rpm with a 7,500rpm redline.

Notes: Power curve makes it an excellent car to drive using an automatic transmission as there is almost no loss of power between peak and redline.

Note 2: Car is currently on share, Ol' Harvey Wallbanger couldn't be bothered setting a green lap with it on the ring. (Gave up after a major wipeout braking for the final set of turns heading into the start/finish line. That was a 7:25.XXX redlap but the Wallbanger spent a good 15-20 seconds just getting the car pointed in the right direction and moving again.:drool::ill:) He did however, manage to get down to a 1:26.916 on Trial Mountain with it.:D
Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Last edited:
http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/19629301.jpg

Seriously, this car sucks! :lol:
Did you reach this conclusion before or after driving my "Sick Puppy"?:odd:
If it was before then you'll probably want to avoid my so called "tune"...and save yourself the pain and trauma!:crazy:
If it was after then your probably just in shock and in need of some professional medical and mental care.:lol:

Did you reach this conclusion before or after driving my "Sick Puppy"?:odd:
If it was before then you'll probably want to avoid my so called "tune"...and save yourself the pain and trauma!:crazy:
If it was after then your probably just in shock and in need of some professional medical and mental care.:lol:

It was before! Your car will be the last to be tested :lol:

I'll make sure Senjougahara and Karen are there to finish you off. :lol: Speaking of which…
…DB, WHERE YOU GO?!?!?!?!
Hey Onboy, since your an Outlaw and therefore at least working on losing your hold on sanity, how about taking my "Sick Puppy" for a quick spin and letting me know what you think of it?:D

I managed a 1:26.916 on Trial Mountain in it, but that might have been just because of putting so many laps on in rediculously tough to drive cars there recently...("Holy Handgrenade" anyone?:crazy::lol:)

Hey Onboy, since your an Outlaw and therefore at least working on losing your hold on sanity, how about taking my "Sick Puppy" for a quick spin and letting me know what you think of it?:D

I managed a 1:26.916 on Trial Mountain in it, but that might have been just because of putting so many laps on in rediculously tough to drive cars there recently...("Holy Handgrenade" anyone?:crazy::lol:)

Alright then. 👍 I might not beat your time though, had an extremely late night yesterday and as a result, I'm not feeling that good yet. :lol:

And just a prediction… but since Roj's #VIPDTM is running a 1:26.406 in my hands, my one is a 1:25.495, and Andre's car is something like a 1:26.1xx. I'd expect Krenkme's cars to fit in just behind or next to yours, and SSnake's car to be somewhere close to the top.

Now I'm scared to drive her :lol:

:lol:

She's tamer than Karen, actually, but just very serious. I wished I could get Senjougahara's character closer to that of her Anime counterpart (I.e the real Senjougahara), but it's still enjoyable to drive. Just no goofing around.

:lol:

She's tamer than Karen, actually, but just very serious. I wished I could get Senjougahara's character closer to that of her Anime counterpart (I.e the real Senjougahara), but it's still enjoyable to drive. Just no goofing around.

I'll drive her tomorrow, going to bed right now, too tired. :lol: Bye bye.

For your car?

Also…I'd be very surprised if Andre's car didn't come out at the top few of the current few we have, it blitzed the records on Trial Mountain when I tested it, though I've yet to drive Krenkme and Solidsnake's one either.

And of course, I took the record back, but paid the price of an extra PP…I thought break in was over pass 186 miles? Why am I getting it at 500 miles? :lol:

Yep. I'll try and take a pic and upload it with my cell phone
Uhm where is your tune?
Not sure what it is but certain parts of your posts (usually photos and graphics) don't show up for me.:(
Your the only one I'm aware of that has this issue with their posts.:crazy:

Uhm where is your tune?
Not sure what it is but certain parts of your posts (usually photos and graphics) don't show up for me.:(
Your the only one I'm aware of that has this issue with their posts.:crazy:

He uses pictures of the setting sheets rather than actually writing them down like we do. Add that to the fact that DB seems to be preoccupied with something and hasn't updated the OP yet, and you'd get confused and think that he's got no tune. :lol:

He uses pictures of the setting sheets rather than actually writing them down like we do. Add that to the fact that DB seems to be preoccupied with something and hasn't updated the OP yet, and you'd get confused and think that he's got no tune. :lol:
I know that! Like I said some of his photos won't show up for me for some reason so I wanted to know which of his posts here had the tune/link in it.

Oh and thanks for running my "Sick Puppy".👍👍

I know that! Like I said some of his photos won't show up for me for some reason so I wanted to know which of his posts here had the tune/link in it.

Oh and thanks for running my "Sick Puppy".👍👍

This post. :P

No problem. And after running Krenkme's car, I think you're pretty safe in the middle of the pack as well. :lol:

Holla at ya boiiii!!!!1

sign me up as a tuner.
???

2qn6zch.jpg
Thinking it might be an issue with tinypic and my cellphone.:( Then again even when I try to seperate your photo from the link neither one shows up. Okay link works so its just the photo. Can see your tuning sheet in your garage just fine so...weird.:crazy:

Last edited:
XDesperado67
Thinking it might be an issue with tinypic and my cellphone.:( Then again even when I try to seperate your photo from the link neither one shows up. Okay link works so its just the photo. Can see your tuning sheet in your garage just fine so...weird.:crazy:

The internet works in mysterious ways, my friends.

Last edited:
*peeks in*

Sorry folks! :embarrassed: Had some...uh...child issues to deal with lately. :grumpy:

Anyhow, thanks to our buddy Onboy for giving me a quick run down on tunes and such. I've updated the front list if it matters at this point. I'll be keeping a closer eye out on this thread now that I've got my new phone and and my kids are done (hopefully) injuring themselves in mysterious ways. :rolleyes:

The TT is scheduled to come down on Tuesday so the three of us driving will need to make sure we're finished up by then. Post your results after if you need to but do get the driving in before.

As for car choice, since NM mentioned it, I was putting random numbers into mygt.net and this was the first one that could make 600PP and fit the requirements. And I totally agree...it DOES suck. :yuck: Spent my first half hour driving it stock and giving Wallbanger a run for his money on ownership of that name. :D

Times:

Onboy: 6:50.164
Desperado: 6:51.107
RoJJieE: 6:50.573
Snake: 6:49.132
Madson: 6:47.228

Onboy
Car has good balance and is overall fine to drive. Overall cornering grip seemed low, but I did drive this tune first.

RoJJieE
Bad on bumps, understeer.

Desperado
Massive understeer. Absolutely terrible, but I did manage a valid lap on my first lap in this car.

Madson
Very nice. Easy to drive and neutral.

Snake
Feels great to drive. The lap time doesn't match how great this car seems. It might be the way this car makes horsepower or the gearbox and/or there may be a few small errors on the lap. Cornering feels great.

I tested the cars in the order that I have made notes on the tunes.

If people are curious, I tuned this car also myself. I used high rpm turbo and engine tuning, had lots of ballast on the rear of the car, heavy engine limiting and mid downforce. It was fast in a straight line and would oversteer more than all the entered tunes. It is very difficult to drive but I did manage a fast time with it, slightly better than the time I did with Madson's tune. I concede though that Madson's tune really would be faster and is overall better. If I drove it as much as my own tune or if it were to be tested independently against mine it would easily beat my tune.

krenkme 6:51.854
Very low grip at front of the car, low corner speeds for corner entry and mid corner.

Last edited:
Times:

Onboy: 6:50.164
Desperado: 6:51.107
RoJJieE: 6:50.573
Snake:
Madson:
You actually survived a lap of the ring in the "Sick Puppy"?:embarrassed:
Nice times there, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the various tunes.👍👍

Back