My day at gamescom (stalking the GT booth and taking requests)

• Thread starter alba
  • 188 comments
Only the car you're driving so the impreza, demo was pretty limited in context. But it didn't hold me back to keep coming back and playing and playing and playing and just enjoying it, by the end I was just doing time trial and overtaking, not taking any damage :P

That was the first thing I did when I got there, 180° turn and then driving backwards hitting the ford rally car and boom getting hit by everyone afterwards with some nice smoke trails going but... no damage to others cars, just your own sadly :embarrassed:

Yes, went over their booth and tried 2 tracks with all assists off and **** and It was fine, the track details are great but that build had still 30fps cockpit view which made me sad but the bumper and the rest was 60 and that was nice but I know i'll sound fanboyish now but the lighting of forza still has that plastic look to the cars, don't get me wrong the game looks great but it's just the lighting they need to perfect!

The 3 screens with wheel setup was nice but I don't really like the fanatec wheel for some reason, I prefer the g25 (too bad the gt booth had all dfgt's)

nice recap alba thanks for reporting back to us, means alot, cant wait to see that GT PSP Intro bit i'm most looking forward to that more than GT5 right this minute! :D

the quality is quite **** but the intro is quite long and REALLY cool, with great music but sadly i couldn't capture that, the screen reflection was a pain in the ass so don't expect too much, I tried my best lol.

I'm still cleaning up my pictures folder (lots are blurry grrrr!)

the quality is quite **** but the intro is quite long and REALLY cool, with great music but sadly i couldn't capture that, the screen reflection was a pain in the ass so don't expect too much, I tried my best lol.

I'm still cleaning up my pictures folder (lots are blurry grrrr!)

haha no worries glad you enjoyed your day thats how i would have done it 👍

Yes, went over their booth and tried 2 tracks with all assists off and **** and It was fine, the track details are great but that build had still 30fps cockpit view which made me sad but the bumper and the rest was 60 and that was nice but I know i'll sound fanboyish now but the lighting of forza still has that plastic look to the cars, don't get me wrong the game looks great but it's just the lighting they need to perfect!

The 3 screens with wheel setup was nice but I don't really like the fanatec wheel for some reason, I prefer the g25 (too bad the gt booth had all dfgt's)

What was odd with the FANATEC.. unless FM3 has F-up feedback system again just like FM2.

What was odd with the FANATEC.. unless FM3 has F-up feedback system again just like FM2.

nothing really, I don't really know how to explain it, I guess i'm biased towards the g25 which again I wish they'd have used instead of dfgt's, the wheel is fine the force feedback is fine it's just the shape that throws me off a little nothing major, hope that clear things out :)

RACECAR
1. See if you can access the other features in the main menu(the other icons next to "arcade") and tell me what can and can't be accessed.

2. Look closely at the rigs and please confirm to me if they have PS3 slim or the original ones.

Now that you've been on the demo and near the rigs, could you answer those questions?

Now that you've been on the demo and near the rigs, could you answer those questions?

The main menu is only ARCADE MODE, rest is greyed out and inaccessible
Part of the sony booth had all PS3 slims, GT5 booth had regular ps3's.

Oh for the guy who asked about GT PSP cars not having colors. Basically they do have colors but the way they implanted that is really weird, instead of picking up a car and choosing the color, they offer you (from the manufacturer screen) all their cars in different colors so let's say you have a nissan 350z you'll have 5 of them displayed first one in white, next blue, next orange, next black etc which is a lame way to do it but at least now you know you got coloring in gt psp, just in a weird way!

FFB is a little improved, nothing too major the bumps and so on were added as far as I know, physics are slightly improved version of GT5p as I've already said in the thread, it's a tad harder but still fairly easy in my opinion.

Great reports alba. Is there in GT PSP any Settings/Tunning Menu for changing the car's configuration (you know: suspension, transmission, turbos...)?

Did all the cars you drove in GTPSP have the in car view? What about with the GT5 demo? For the GT demo have the engine and tire sounds improved or are they still like they are iin GT5p? Thanks for all the info so far!

Yes, i crashed on my first play it's the first thing I did and you get stuck and can't go past 4th gear and it gave me the impression it took longer to shift up but nothing is indicated on the hud like they'd show a car preview with red areas or something that has appeared in some other games before, you can just see that you can't go faster and it's somehow slower which is a good thing to me!

No deep part tuning/changes for the GT psp build I played sadly, I don't really know if it'll be added or if I somehow missed it, sorry (I knew i should've double checked something and I forgot).

just like newnikita im interested to know if GT PSP has tuning options or just basic tuning like GT5P as i did see the tuning menu icon (i think) in the latest screens.

Did all the cars you drove in GTPSP have the in car view? What about with the GT5 demo? For the GT demo have the engine and tire sounds improved or are they still like they are iin GT5p? Thanks for all the info so far!

Sounds from GT5, I couldn't hear anything with the music and other stuff so I cannot comment on that.

GT PSP had the cockpits and it looks okay, the screen is a bit small for that so I said I liked the bump cam better, the cockpit view is nice but quite simple i mean only the inner/outter "shell" of the car, no wheel or hands and it's a little bit higher than let's say GT5/GT5p. It works I guess but since the screen space is limited I'd recommend using bumper but it's still a great achievements having that in, both at 60fps btw!

It really sucks that my camera sucked for the psp stuff, all my gt psp screens are really blurry sadly and looks like ****, here's the main menu and it's kinda too blurry to see anything, sorry :(

gtpsp_menu.jpg

(IN ORDER)
Arcade/GT mode (damn i'm doubting now) - Ad-hoc mode - Car dealer - License Tests
Profiles - GT Theater - Options - Manuals

Last edited:
really thanks alot for going to the trouble of this :) glad you also had fun.

how did you find the AI in the build you played ?

Other than the pressure you can kinda put on them if you stay a bit behind much, nothing dramatic over GT5p as I've said a few times already, still

GT5:
gt5_02.jpg

Arcade mode - Online Mode - Dealer - License Tests - Profiles - GT Theater - Options - Manuals

have you got a chance to record the full track list from that build of gt psp ?
No i'm sorry, it's quite a lot... I had nothing to take notes and my cam wouldn't make any decent pictures even videos and i didn't want to do that on my iphone for every tracks it'd have taken ages. Let's just say there are loooots of tracks and lots of variations of some of them.

I don't know if you play any simulations on PC (such as iRacing, rFactor, etc.), but if you do, how does it compare to those physics/ffb quality wise?

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, it's nice to have a solid source for a change.

I don't play any sims on pc sorry I tried rFactor once when I installed my g25 ages ago but I don't really remember much sorry :(

For some reason the video from the camera plays fine on said camera but looks retarded on my pc, I'll install a proper program tomorrow and encode it in a proper codec and fix that ****, it's 225mb avi right now and I can't really host that :P

Getting a little late too so I'll finish all this tomorrow!

No i'm sorry, it's quite a lot... I had nothing to take notes and my cam wouldn't make any decent pictures even videos and i didn't want to do that on my iphone for every tracks it'd have taken ages. Let's just say there are loooots of tracks and lots of variations of some of them.

Thanks anyway :)

Back