Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
Onboy123
Well there's something to be proud of![/sarcasm] Oh great, 1000 cars in the game, I tuned a lunchbox right. :grumpy:

You drunk again? I'm not a wall destroying lunatic with a pink pile of rust. :P

Get moving. :P

Sorry Sir, I wasn't trying to upset you, just trying to cheer you up. I'll keep my eyes on the road now :(

No mix up. I liked your Panda, and your "Kitty " is the fastest one I've tested so far :D

No, you called me 'Harv' just now. :lol: And if that ain't mixing me up with him, I don't know what is. Unless it's me who's drunk. :dopey:

Onboy123
No, you called me 'Harv' just now. :lol: And if that ain't mixing me up with him, I don't know what is. Unless it's me who's drunk. :dopey:

No that comment was ment for Harvey. I'll be go back and make it clearer :dunce:

Think you've been hitting the grape nehi to hard again there Onboy!:lol:

He was referring to my stellar performance in the ultimate quest of this shootout...The Beat Z!!!:bowdown::gtpflag::cheers:

XDesperado67
Think you've been hitting the grape nehi to hard again there Onboy!:lol:

He was referring to my stellar performance in the ultimate quest of this shootout...The Beat Z!!!:bowdown::gtpflag::cheers:

Yep. Just fixed it 👍

We'll you probaly can't be worse then me.
Seeing the times people posted on there tunes and trouble i had to get below 1:50 with my stratos.
The most trouble i have with tuning is that it takes so much time

trusth me you're car was the first one i did the 10 laps with and it can go below 1.50.000 ....
what time exactly i won't say just yet :P
and no it is not a 1.49.999 either :sly:

now wich rustbucket to test next:nervous:

Ok, sent out PSN invites to all the tuners that I didn't already have added. VTiRoj, your PSN is full but I can build your car if I can rack up a few miles on a "New" '69 Camaro first. 💡

Alright, test time! 👍 I'll try my best to not actually spin any tunas. :dopey:

Ok, sent out PSN invites to all the tuners that I didn't already have added. VTiRoj, your PSN is full but I can build your car if I can rack up a few miles on a "New" '69 Camaro first. 💡

Alright, test time! 👍 I'll try my best to not actually spin any tunas. :dopey:

B-Spec can do that for you, just power limit and add ballast until it's 400PP and hammer the seasonal at High Speed Ring. :D

I'll give my friends list a clean and if you need to add me because breaking in the car is taking too long, there will be a free slot for you. 👍

Okay, Score sheet is up in post 3 Here
The photo poll is up on post 4 Here

And I owe DigitalBake alot for helping me out :bowdown: THANK YOU :bowdown:

Now off to send some FR and test. :cheers: :dopey:

Shave a few seconds off my test time and we'll call it even. :sly: Seriously though, just happy to do my part to help things run smoothly. 👍

Had a good run in a lot of cars today, just a handful left to go for a first run and then I'll work on seconds. For a long time I thought I was doing something wrong because my car was at the top and everyone else was behind....then I tested ACSR's machine.... :eek: Still not convinced mine should be running near the top though. I'll take as much time as possible to run seconds on everyone's entries to ensure fairness. I have replays saved for everyone so far, though I forgot to save one for CyKosis. :crazy: Hopefully second go round will produce a faster time anyway. :D I will try to have my results post up tomorrow night depending how all this snow plays out with my free time.

Still waiting on FR accept from Hami last I checked this afternoon and I need to add Snake as well. Suspiciously he was also left off the spreadsheet...fixing now.

@DigitalBaka Hey how dare you drive C-Zeta's Lotus slower than my Alpine!:mad:

That Beat was MINE!!!:crazy::lol:

Shave a few seconds off my test time and we'll call it even. :sly: Seriously though, just happy to do my part to help things run smoothly. 👍

Had a good run in a lot of cars today, just a handful left to go for a first run and then I'll work on seconds. For a long time I thought I was doing something wrong because my car was at the top and everyone else was behind....then I tested ACSR's machine.... :eek: Still not convinced mine should be running near the top though. I'll take as much time as possible to run seconds on everyone's entries to ensure fairness. I have replays saved for everyone so far, though I forgot to save one for CyKosis. :crazy: Hopefully second go round will produce a faster time anyway. :D I will try to have my results post up tomorrow night depending how all this snow plays out with my free time.

Still waiting on FR accept from Hami last I checked this afternoon and I need to add Snake as well. Suspiciously he was also left off the spreadsheet...fixing now.

Again, thank you!

So far I have the Camaro's up on top, but you and ACSR are very close. Sadly I can't control the Stratos' :grumpy: Six more on first runs, and then on to seconds.

One question, (old trucker here) can I add times to the Doc or just you? If it's just you...again :bowdown: thank you :dopey:

Format borrowed from MrGrado (again). Hope he doesn't mind!

Times
ABS - 1, Tire Wear - On, Grip Reduction - Real

1'46.387 - ACSR421
1'46.570 - DigitalBaka
1'46.595 - tris_73
1'46.719 - praiano63
1'47.439 - VTiRoj
1'48.067 - krenkme
1'48.269 - CyKosis1973
1'48.521 - Onboy123
1'48.858 - Jackthalad
1'49.193 - Theo777
1'49.361 - NightHaunter
1'49.800 - XDesperado67
1'53.329 - C-ZETA

Drivers Choice

1st - Added after results are posted!
2nd - Added after results are posted!
3rd - Added after results are posted!

Comments

XDesperado67
Pretty loose out back. Six gears felt like too many. If one could drive a skee ball I imagine this is what it would feel like. In fact, you should name this car "Skee Ball". :D

krenkme
This thing needs some bowling balls, lead balloons and some dead bodies in the back! :scared:

praiano63
This felt uncharacteristic for Mr. Fish. Turn in was tough and the brakes felt a bit soft. I will double check the settings next run just in case.

Onboy123
Plenty of power but hard to get it down where I wanted to out of the corners. Grip just didn't feel there in the corners.

tris_73
Little to no drama here. Easy to get on the throttle in the exits.

CyKosis1973
Had a close feel to my entry. Tires feel like greased pigs after 4-5 laps though.

VTiRoj
Best sound of the entire lot! Gearbox was a little weird, couldn't find a spot I liked in the slower corners.

C-ZETA
Very good on the tire wear but the gap from 4th>5th is too wide.

ACSR421
Not a peep from the tires unless I drove full stop stupid. Would have liked another gear.

Jackthalad
Not a difficult drive but definitely needs some care to keep the back in the back.

Theo777
Good brakes on this beast but felt sluggish on turn-in.

NightHaunter
Difficult car to get a feel for. It isn't twitchy but it wanders quite a lot and doesn't feel like the front end settles.

One question, (old trucker here) can I add times to the Doc or just you? If it's just you...again :bowdown: thank you :dopey:

Sorry for the double post, but you should be able to add times, assuming I set it up right. :odd: If not I'm happy to add the times.

@Harv, I'll take the wheels off yours and run it again. :sly:👍

Onboy123
Plenty of power but hard to get it down where I wanted to out of the corners. Grip just didn't feel there in the corners.

Meh…slowest of the muscle cars, as expected. Though regarding the grip issue…it seems to grip just fine for me…mind you, I drove and tuned it on SH before 'refining' it on SS tyres, so that could explain my views of it…

So, Baka... Where's my car at? :P

Edit: Should mention that it is on share but according to Roj I've somehow got 7 cars including it on share.

Last edited:
Yeah your Camaro is to the right of the Charger. :lol:

So all of RJ's previously shared cars are up as well? And if so, we could just have got someone to 'borrow glitch' the Charger for him and then send it to him…

So all of RJ's previously shared cars are up as well? And if so, we could just have got someone to 'borrow glitch' the Charger for him and then send it to him…

Yep! :lol:

I offered to write his Charger up for him but he wanted to join the Camaro Crew.

Yep! :lol:

I offered to write his Charger up for him but he wanted to join the Camaro Crew.

Good, I don't want that Ferrari F10 to get lost in cyberspace. :D

Well, though I'm disappointed by the lack of a near 500hp…tanker from him, I guess the Camaro would have been a faster choice.

Final Times
Feed back and notes to come :dopey:

Format borrowed from MrGrado (again...as well :dopey: ).

Times
ABS - 1, Tire Wear - On, Grip Reduction - Real

1'44.621 - Dylans1o
1'44.921 - VTiRoj
1'45.785 - Rotary Junkie
1'45.998 - praiano63
1'46.139 - DigitalBaka
1'46.244 - Tris_73
1'46.321 - ACSR421
1'46.467 - krenkme
1'47.314 - NightHaunter
1'47.321 - Onboy123
1'48.255 - CyKosis1973
1'48.341 - Theo777
1'48.348 - MotorCityHami
1'48.449 - Jackthalad
1'49.795 - XDesperado67
1'51.081 - Snake55wildcat
1'51.784 - C-ZETA

Drivers Choice

1st - Added after results are posted!
2nd - Added after results are posted!
3rd - Added after results are posted!

Comments

XDesperado67
krenkme
praiano63
Onboy123
tris_73
CyKosis1973
VTiRoj
C-ZETA
ACSR421
Jackthalad
Theo777
NightHaunter
Rotary Junkie
Snake55wildcat
DigitalBaka
Motor City Hami
Dylans1o

Last edited:
May as well get started…

Format borrowed from MrGrado (Meh…standardised format is standardised)

Times (Incomplete)
ABS - 1, Tire Wear - Off for now, Grip Reduction - Real

In no particular order…

1'44.918 - VTiRoj
1'46.312 - Rotary Junkie
1'48.179 - DigitalBaka
1'47.255 - praiano63
1'47.912 - krenkme
1'48.312 - Tris_73
1'48.548 - ACSR421
1'48.291 - NightHaunter
1'46.944 - Onboy123
1'49.954 - CyKosis1973
1'49.023 - Theo777
1'48.094 - Jackthalad
1'51.728 - XDesperado67
1'52.638 - Snake55wildcat
1'52.924 - C-ZETA
1'47.641 - Motor City Hami
1'45.643 - Dylans1o

Drivers Choice

1st - ????
2nd - ????
3rd - ????

Comments

XDesperado67
Doesn't multitask very well, can't steer over bumps, you'd just hit the wall due to the RR drivetrain making it lift the front off the ground over elevations. But also very nimble and go-kart like. Input has an instant effect on the car.

krenkme
Very nimble little thing, has a bit of understeer if you don't drive it right, and it is only at slow speeds, otherwise, a fun little car, if not lightning quick. Keeps up with Motor City's version very well, only losing out by a hair to it in terms of speed.

praiano63
Balanced, stable and keeps up with the competition with ease. Only issues are the understeer at the chicanes (forgot the name…) and…that's it.

Onboy123
Nothing to say here, move on…

tris_73
Very controllable. It's very easy to drive smooth and fast, running a low 1:48 on the 2nd lap with plenty more time to take off. More a very fast cruiser than a normal muscle car. Good choice of exhaust as well.

CyKosis1973
Unbelievably controllable even though it's the width of the entire track. No under or oversteer, very easy to drive. Only fault being not very fast, but makes up for that by being consistent to the millisecond.

VTiRoj
Very sedated for a muscle car. There's not much oversteer, good for setting laptimes, but it feels a bit joyless to drive…it's not a bad car, but it just seemed to push a bit rather than loosen up when you slowed from high speed. And the brakes felt rather weak. I retract that comment, the brakes are fine. :) Also…it managed to be outrageously fast, even taking the RVR Countach off the lead…:odd:

C-ZETA
Y U NO USE CLOSER RATIOS?! It may handle well for its light weight, but the gaps in the gears are so big I could live in it. You might have tamed the slippy slidey nature of the Europa with the big gear gaps (maybe…), but the drop in performance isn't worth it.

ACSR421
Rear is very planted for a Corvette, very smooth car to drive, easy to push to the limits. Understeer only showing when you go too hard on the brakes too late. Otherwise, very good, if slightly killing the Corvette's spirit.

Jackthalad
A case of Car > Driver. It has the pace in it to be up with the leaders, but its margin of error is too small for average me to get it right. Still good fun trying though. Ended with a fairly slow time due to over-cautiousness.

Theo777
MY GOD! WHY HAS THE BATCAVE GONE ON THE TRACK?! It's so agile and well mannered for its immense length though, like a battleship with rails for steering it around the track. No oversteer, only slight understeer. Better than what I've read it to be. Much better.

NightHaunter
A Stratos, tamed. Driven with some care, it is very enjoyable and actually, compared to most, very relaxed, even though its a very edged car to begin with.

Rotary Junkie
Seemlessly smooth, fast yet understatedly so. It doesn't bark or shout, but just gets on with the job very subtly. It's not entertaining, but…fast. Just fast. I approve.

Snake55wildcat
Slow, yes. But captures the image of cars like the original Mini, huge fun without being hugely fast. It's powerful for its size, but the performance is hardly enough to dilute the drive. It's a go-kart, just a 800kg one. A very enjoyable and refreshing drive.

DigitalBaka
Stable as a house, but not having enough power to utilise the grip is an issue with lap times. Very balanced otherwise, with only a bit of understeer to remind you of its age.

Motor City Hami
Mixed personality. Easy to drive fast, hard to drive fast consistently. Brakes seem to make the car very snappy when you hit them too hard, but has a nice feel of grip to it, only fading away when you eventually push too hard.

Dylans1o
RVR, back and here to take the win in style, it seems. This Countach is definitely something of a marvel, hitting the mark between the heavy muscle car's grunt and stability and the light euro sports car's agility. Little to criticise. It's got the grip, got the go, and here comes the gold.

Last edited:
So, Baka... Where's my car at? :P

Yeah yeah yeah...I'm working on it! :yuck: Yours is actually second on my list. I work from top to bottom on the list of people so I don't test the same thing 5 times. :crazy:

Meh…slowest of the muscle cars, as expected. Though regarding the grip issue…it seems to grip just fine for me…mind you, I drove and tuned it on SH before 'refining' it on SS tyres, so that could explain my views of it…

It should benefit from a second run as it was one of the first I drove. Old cars and skinny tires are not my cup of tea... :ouch:

I am getting Beat.

Literally. :lol:

:lol:

( it appears that me and DigitalBaka have different driving styles :scared: )

It would seem so. :dopey: It's been a while since I've driven a higher PP FR that didn't have 6 metric tons of downforce and tires wider than my...shoe. I don't get along well with this track either. :P At least I will have plenty of time for second runs...maybe thirds if I get the time.

EDIT: Time sheet updated. Sitting at work with nothing to do FTW~ :lol:

Last edited:
Back