<- BTCC-5 -> SEASON COMPLETE - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,166 comments

Who is the BTCC Rookie of the Season?

• Red_Leader

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • mosendtner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • TheOldStig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PleaseD1e

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • acelera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rolo, I put myself down for Season 6 - with the usual...
Going to try and work things so that I've available on the night.

Thinking about season 6 already? - Thought you were planning to run another 1 make/stock series after 5?

Are you not concerned with burnout before GT6?

We know there are going to be some new cars for the new GT but how many that will meet your BTCC spec? And track wise how many that will be suitable for the series? (Assuming your planning to continue this series on the new game) so you may end up with what you have now but on 6.

I guess your still happy on 5 and with running the same cars and tracks.

Wish I was :(

Thinking about season 6 already? - Thought you were planning to run another 1 make/stock series after 5?

Are you not concerned with burnout before GT6?

We know there are going to be some new cars for the new GT but how many that will meet your BTCC spec? And track wise how many that will be suitable for the series? (Assuming your planning to continue this series on the new game) so you may end up with what you have now but on 6.

I guess your still happy on 5 and with running the same cars and tracks.

Wish I was :(

I was planning to do one after 6.

And no, not really. Who knows? Nobody knows the car list yet, or how many ways you can play with race formats and such. There's still a lot of scope in GT6.

The fun part for me is the competition and with the reverse grid you have to fight your way to the front .

Results from Sarthe 2009:

Race 1:

1. rolo912011
2. Weezy_7
3. mosendtner
4. Red_Leader
5. hurleyman24
6. skengdigi
7. Strawman__Andy (warning + 10-second penalty for persistent corner cutting)
8. driftking18594
9. gedi69
10. karsten_beoulve
DNF. Furinkazen

Fastest Lap: rolo912011 - 4:32.780
Lap Leaders: Furinkazen, rolo912011

Race 2:

1. Strawman__Andy
2. gedi69
3. hurleyman24
4. rolo912011
5. Red_Leader
6. driftking18594
7. Weezy_7
8. mosendtner
9. TheOldStig (warning)
10. skengdigi
11. karsten_beoulve

Fastest Lap: Strawman__Andy - 4:33.657
Pole Position: rolo912011
Lap Leaders: rolo912011, Strawman__Andy, hurleyman24

Race 3:

1. rolo912011
2. Red_Leader
3. Strawman__Andy
4. gedi69 (warning)
5. Weezy_7
6. driftking18594
7. TheOldStig
8. hurleyman24
DNF. karsten_beoulve (warning)
DNF. skengdigi

Fastest Lap: rolo912011 - 4:33.326
Lap Leaders: TheOldStig, rolo912011, driftking18594

---------​

Drivers on Probation:

karsten_beoulve (6 penalty points)

---------​

Points and Race 1 grid for Rome up in post #2. đź‘Ť

Any appeals must be made within the next 24 hours. Please PM me if you want to appeal your penalty/penalties, or have them explained to you.

Last edited:
I so nearly had fastest lap in race 3. Only because I stole ~3 secs from drafting Andy and rolo but it still would have been the BMs greatest achievement of the season. Missed out by 1/1000th sec!

Tbh I could have won the last race but I messed up and went a touch wide through Indiannapolis. Ideally I wanted to be right up rolos exhaust pipe exiting Arnage the plan being to slipstream past just before the Porsche curves because I knew if I was ahead going through there it would be almost impossible for him to get back past me before the finish. Just wasn't close enough and rolo kept it tidy till the end.

Btw, were you a bit down on power at the end rolo because the Civic didn't quite look as fast as it was earlier in the race? Part of me thought a lot of the FF's must've been losing power as I honestly didn't think the BM could come anywhere near winning.

Btw, were you a bit down on power at the end rolo because the Civic didn't quite look as fast as it was earlier in the race? Part of me thought a lot of the FF's must've been losing power as I honestly didn't think the BM could come anywhere near winning.

I was actually :dopey: I needed an oil change after Race 1 to be honest, so I had to up the power limiter. I was running on 302 after Race 3.

concerning my R3 penalty is it due to the rubbing and crash with skeng? Totally my fault, just asking... Also in R3 who was the gentleman that crashed into me while barking and sent me into weezy?

I would like for S6 a greater tarnsparency of stewarding, like posting the infractions, lap and stewards decision's. Would anyone be against it?

concerning my R3 penalty is it due to the rubbing and crash with skeng? Totally my fault, just asking... Also in R3 who was the gentleman that crashed into me while barking and sent me into weezy?

I would like for S6 a greater tarnsparency of stewarding, like posting the infractions, lap and stewards decision's. Would anyone be against it?

Yes it was for that.

Stewarding is very transparent. I always say if you want to know why you were penalised, ask me over PM. And when people ask, I tell them in full.

Sometimes it's just better to keep that stuff off the public forum in case it causes arguments.

That said, if there's a big demand for me to start making it all public instead then I'll do that. Up to you guys.

Yes it was for that.

Stewarding is very transparent. I always say if you want to know why you were penalised, ask me over PM. And when people ask, I tell them in full.

Sometimes it's just better to keep that stuff off the public forum in case it causes arguments.

That said, if there's a big demand for me to start making it all public instead then I'll do that. Up to you guys.

I'd say making it public would be a fail of epic proportions cant believe anyone would want that tbh just my opinion but I would be surprised.:crazy:

I always seem to end up in major crashes at sarthe Karsten so i dont feel that bad

Got some free time between the BTCC Races - so shall get a load of laps in for Rome...
Want to get strong results for the rest of the Season (due to the missing last 2 races).

I was actually :dopey: I needed an oil change after Race 1 to be honest, so I had to up the power limiter. I was running on 302 after Race 3.
I thought so. Could tell. Impressive to still win! I went to do the oil straight after and it was the same hp but down 1pp so must've just started to go. Good job I decided not bother with qually for Race 2. Sounds like i might have been the only car running full power in Race 3 then. That would kind of explain a lot.

Done some laps in the Focus - and got it to the very low 1:18s...
What sort of time should we be aiming for at Rome?

I always seem to end up in major crashes at sarthe Karsten so i dont feel that bad

still i apologize, that narrow straight is difficult to navigate without a driving wheel with the bumps and a car closeby.

oh well i guess i won't race much longer this season with all the penalties i got, so i guess the last rounds will be clear of crashes :P

Hi guys :)

Seeing as I'm on holiday this week and I've got nothing important on, I'd like to race at Rome (can't make the round after) with a view to doing a full season in S6 if I enjoy it.

Could that be arranged? ;)

Privateer Ford Focus, obviously

Back