GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series 2 - Provisionally Off

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 120 comments
United Kingdom
London
Chqr
34tbqs2.png

Information

Welcome to the Official GTP Nascar Nationwide Season 2! This year will feature a 10-race season for the Drivers' Championship and the Owners' Championship (both detailed below). This series is the feeder series for the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship.

Whether, a rookie or veteran to the GTP Nascar Series Network, this your first stop to climbing up the ladder to the the Sprint Cup Series.

All races will be held on Saturday evenings, starting at 4pm GMT (5pm BST) in a public lobby hosted by Chqr. Please send a PSN friend request to "Chqr" if you wish to race in this series.

Timetable

16:00 GMT - Room opens for practice and open testing.
16:45 GMT - Room is reset, and qualifying begins. All cars qualify on track together.
17:00 GMT - Race begins automatically. All races last between 40-60 minutes.

Applying as a Top Twelve Nationwide S1 Driver

If you finished in the top twelve points positions as a result of the Nationwide S1, you will be entered into the Nascar Sprint Cup Draft. The Draft ONLY decides the Sprint Cup field. If you do not wish to own a team in the Sprint Cup, you can simply pass. More information on this will be released when the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship ends.

--

Before then, please feel to show your interest in joining this season by posting in this thread which shall begin in August 2012 by posting in this thread.

Applying as a new Nationwide Driver

Firstly, welcome! Please private-message any of the following owners if you want to run for their teams. You may apply to as many owners are you wish. In your message be sure to add any information of experience, whether or not you can race full-time, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

The team owner list will be released as a result of the Nascar Sprint Cup Draft.

--

Before then, please feel to show your interest in joining this season by posting in this thread which shall begin in August 2012 by posting in this thread.

Watching

Sprint Cup drivers, owners and other members of GTP, if you are not racing on a particular raceday, you can watch all of this Season's Nationwide races live and interrupted on RFLX_Niop's Livestream @ http://www.livestream.com/rflxlive

The Field
GTP Username (PSN Username)

2lxcpig.png

Owner: TBA (TBA) | FREE SLOT | FREE SLOT | FREE SLOT
Reserves -

2a5j6oi.png

Reserves -

b6vifk.png

Reserves -

hts75v.png

Reserves -

2j47n79.png

Reserves -

Interested Drivers List
PSN / GTP Username

Full-Time Nationwide Entries

Chqr / Chqr (S1 Nationwide Driver / Host)
james6653 / james6653 (S1 Nationwide Driver)
Stormtrooper2178 - Stormtrooper2178 (New Driver)
gorsad / gorsad (New Driver)
rap129 / rap129 (New Driver)
FrasierCrane / rustyMercedes (New Driver)
Carbonox / Carbonox (S1 Nationwide Driver)
Cowboys965 / Cowboys965 (S1 Nationwide Driver)

Part-Time / Reserve Entries

Tom_97_COD / TomMcD (S3 Sprint Cup Driver)
mattymc1996 / Matty (S3 Sprint Cup Driver)
Droptop2001gt / MustangRyan (S3 Sprint Cup Driver / Host)
Furinkazen / Furinkazen (S3 Sprint Cup Driver)
CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 / kenkwilinksi (S3 Sprint Cup Driver)

Previous Seasons

Season 1
Drivers' Championship - TBA
Owners' Championship - TBA

Last edited:

Calendar
Dates subject to change

01: 11-08-12 - DRIVE4COPD 300 @ Daytona Superspeedway (120 laps)
24zzxup.png

02: 25-08-12 - Indy 150 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (60 laps)
30mwg9s.png

03: 01-09-12 - Italian 72 @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza / No Chicane (20 laps + 1 pace lap)
hrmudd.png

04: 08-09-12 - Subway Jalapeno 100 @ SSRX (6 laps)
34xgpx0.png

05: 15-09-12 - Japanese 70 @ Suzuka East (50 laps + 1 pace lap)
1zci8pc.png

06: 22-09-12 - Coke Zero 150 @ Daytona Superspeedway (60 laps)
xnw7er.jpg

07: 29-09-12 - Toyota ** @ Motegi Oval (** laps)
vh8493.png

08: 06-10-12 - Old Spice 100 @ High Speed Ring (40 laps + 1 pace lap)
6gvbib.png

09: 13-10-12 - Daytona 175 @ Daytona Superspeedway (70 laps)
wnqs6.jpg

10: 20-10-12 - Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (80 laps)
5bpenl.png

* denotes non-points scoring races
** depends if Motegi Oval is released by PD.

Last edited:

Race Results

*denotes driver's points are illegible towards the Drivers' Championship due to driving in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship.
DNS = Did not start
DSQ = Disqualified

Drivers' Championship

Owners' Championship

Last edited:
Rules and Regulations

1. Any NASCAR race car in GT5 is allowed to participate, 2010 and 2011 models are both legal, GameStop Camry included.
2. Power is restricted to 453 horsepower for ALL races using the Engine's Power Limiter function.
3. A Ballast of 35KG must be added to car's weight bringing the weight to 1600KG.
4. Only Racing Medium tires will be permitted, no other compounds may be used, harder or softer.
5. All other driving aids (Active Steering, ASM, TCS, SRF, Driving Line) will be disabled on the race setup menu.
6. Mechanical Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
7. Visual Damage is OFF to prevent lag.
8. Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON.
9. Grip Reduction is set to REAL.
10. Slipstream is set to WEAK.
11. Boost is OFF.
12. Microphones will be set to ON, unless it is determined that they cause too many connection/stability issues.
13. NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN.

a) Race Clean - It's OK (and expected) to let off of the gas (or even brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn. This is especially true at Daytona and SS Route X, where drafting can cause lots of issues with people being run over in corners. Dirty drivers will not be permitted to return to later events.

b) While cornering, the two outside tires must remain completely on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips are NOT considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement. Anyone that is caught cutting corners can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

c) Drivers are not permitted to use the Series' Livestream Service mid-race. Anyone that is caught can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

d) Drivers are advised to exit the pit lane with caution. Anyone that is caught consistently blocking or deliberately causing an accident can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

e) Deliberate rage-quitting or inappropriate language in a lobby can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty.

Points System

1st place - 20 points
2nd place - 18 points
3rd place - 16 points
4th place - 14 points
5th place - 12 points
6th place - 11 points
7th place - 10 points
8th place - 9 points
9th place - 8 points
10th place - 7 points
11th place - 6 points
12th place - 5 points
13th place - 4 points
14th place - 3 points
15th place - 2 points
16th place - 1 point

+1 point for Pole Position

If you are a full-time and registered driver in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Series S4, you will not be eligible for points towards the Drivers' Championship.
At the end of the ten race season, the driver with the highest point total will be crowned our GTP NASCAR Nationwide S2 Champion.

Ownership System

Every driver will be part of a team for the whole season. There are five team owners, determined by the GTP Sprint Cup Ownership Draft. The five team owners are:

Richard Childress Racing: (TBA)
Joe Gibbs Racing: (TBA)
Rick Ware Racing: (TBA)
Red Bull Racing: (TBA)
JR Motorsports: (TBA)

It is the responsibility of the team owners to fill the seats on their team with full-time drivers, in order to compete for the season-long Team Owner's Championship. The available cars for each team are:

Richard Childress Racing - #24, #48, #88
Joe Gibbs Racing - #11, #18, #20
Rick Ware Racing - #43, #43, #99
Red Bull Racing - #83, #83, #83
JR Motorsports - #14, #14, #42

That gives us 15 cars to choose from five different teams for this season.

The top two finishing cars from each team will earn points for their respective team owners. Points for poles and laps led are not accumulated here, only the finishing position points count. The team with the most total points at the end of the season wins the Owner's Championship. Ties will be broken with most total wins, etc.

FAQ

Q: What is the Sprint Cup Ownership Draft?
A: As stated, the top 12 twelve drivers from S1 will be selected for the Sprint Cup Ownership Draft. The Sprint Cup Ownership Draft only applies to existing S1 Nationwide drivers. If you do not wish to drive in the Sprint Cup, simply pass when its your turn.

Q: How is the Sprint Cup Ownership Draft structured?
A: See here and here.

Q: When is the Sprint Cup Ownership Draft?
A: The Sprint Cup draft will take place after the end of the Sprint Cup Season 3 Championship. Information of its thread and its exact date will be posted here.

Q: How do I become a Sprint Cup Driver?
A: You must complete a full season of the GTP Nationwide Championship. After which, you will be entered into the Ownership Draft and if successful you will be a Sprint Cup owner. If not, Sprint Cup owners will contact you if they want you to become a Sprint Cup driver for their team.

Q: How does the Sprint Cup Ownership Draft affect the Nationwide?
A: It decides the Sprint Cup Team Owners who will then choose to either lead their Nationwide team or delegate a member of their team to be a Nationwide Team Owner. Information will be posted here first.

Q: Is there a Nationwide Ownership Draft?
A: No.

Q: What if I cannot race a particular weekend?
A: Always contact your team owner. There are lots of reserves in this Championship and it is a waste of time if you do not.

Last edited:
Looking good Chqr, I have only one thing to mention.

I'm all for these shorter races throughout but I think that there should be at least 2 longer events if only to prepare drivers for the longer Sprint Cup events. Therefore I think the opener should be the traditional 300 miles at Daytona and either the SSRX race (would be 250 miles) or the Motegi race should be longer.

Nice work aside from that 👍

EDIT: Also would recommend dropping a Daytona race and changing it to a second Motegi if we get the track.

Looking good Chqr, I have only one thing to mention.

I'm all for these shorter races throughout but I think that there should be at least 2 longer events if only to prepare drivers for the longer Sprint Cup events. Therefore I think the opener should be the traditional 300 miles at Daytona and either the SSRX race (would be 250 miles) or the Motegi race should be longer.

Nice work aside from that 👍

Okay, yup. Only concern with having the Daytona race as 300miles is that it will clash with TOCA.

One of the reasons why I got this thread up so early was to get those drivers interested: Furinkazen, Carbonox, gokartman, matty, Akmuq, gorsad and others to see the season and register their interest.

I know Jedijoe, Stormtrooper and a few others also are interested in joining S2.

If anything, I'm leading towards a 300 mile Daytona penultimate race but we shall see what everyone wants.

The Motegi race is subject to PD so if there is no Motegi available by that time, I will just hand it over to a vote to what everyone wants.

I'm all for a longer race but I don't want to sacrifice half the field including Championship contenders.

Also, I plan on losing the 'drop races' rule this season. Its a shorter season in terms of races and race length so hopefully this is a popular decision.

I don't get home until after 6 on saturdays so it won't work for me... maybe if I factor a mid-season break in TOCA one time then we could get a slot for the Daytona 300?

Chqr
Okay, yup. Only concern with having the Daytona race as 300miles is that it will clash with TOCA.

One of the reasons why I got this thread up so early was to get those drivers interested: Furinkazen, Carbonox, gokartman, matty, Akmuq, gorsad and others to see the season and register their interest.

I know Jedijoe, Stormtrooper and a few others also are interested in joining S2.

If anything, I'm leading towards a 300 mile Daytona penultimate race but we shall see what everyone wants.

The Motegi race is subject to PD so if there is no Motegi available by that time, I will just hand it over to a vote to what everyone wants.

I'm all for a longer race but I don't want to sacrifice half the field including Championship contenders.

Also, I plan on losing the 'drop races' rule this season. Its a shorter season in terms of races and race length so hopefully this is a popular decision.

I just think it's a shame to sacrifice 100 miles of the premier race of the championship, the COPD300. Maybe some kind of deal could be struck with TOCA regarding a slightly later start?

Rest sounds good mate.

EDIT: That would be cool Furi; it's a big race after all.

I just think it's a shame to sacrifice 100 miles of the premier race of the championship, the COPD300. Maybe some kind of deal could be struck with TOCA regarding a slightly later start?

Rest sounds good mate.

EDIT: That would be cool Furi; it's a big race after all.

I don't get home until after 6 on saturdays so it won't work for me... maybe if I factor a mid-season break in TOCA one time then we could get a slot for the Daytona 300?

Boom and boom.

Well, yeah, there are currently 3 Daytona races. All of which I'm happy to bump up to 300miles depending on what TOCA thinks.

I mean, its literally 30 minutes extra, Furi so you could even delay it by 30 minutes if need be.

Boom and boom.

Well, yeah, there are currently 3 Daytona races. All of which I'm happy to bump up to 300miles depending on what TOCA thinks.

I mean, its literally 30 minutes extra, Furi so you could even delay it by 30 minutes if need be.

We;ll see. I'm hopeing to be more flexible with TOCA timing as well now 👍 I mean, races in TOCA don't start until 7.45... we can work somthing out.

Scenario 1, Motegi released: DRIVE4COPD300, 150 mile Daytona race. Drop one Daytona race, add another Motegi race, make one 200 miles and the other 100-150.

Scenario 2, No Motegi: DRIVE4COPD300, 150 mile Daytona race and a 100 mile Daytona sprint. Replace Motegi with a second SSRX or a road course.

My personal opinions :P

Scenario 1, Motegi released: DRIVE4COPD300, 150 mile Daytona race. Drop one Daytona race, add another Motegi race, make one 200 miles and the other 100-150.

Scenario 2, No Motegi: DRIVE4COPD300, 150 mile Daytona race and a 100 mile Daytona sprint. Replace Motegi with a second SSRX or a road course.

My personal opinions :P

If PD release Motegi and its available to everyone irrespective if they own the DLC or not, scenario 1.

If PD release Motegi and you must purchase it to use it, I'll much rather stick to the initial schedule so drivers do not have to miss 2 races unless the majority of the field has purchased it.

Scenario 2 again depends on if drivers have bought SSRX, I'd love to run there twice but I don't want to sacrifice losing half the grid.

We shall see. ^^ 👍 Good ideas, mate.

Cheers man 👍

Think everybody had the DLC last season and it's little to pay anyway, we should be good to go irrespective.

I would suggest having slightly shorter races overall at the ovals. A lot of the race distances are similar to current Sprint Cup distances.

MustangRyan
I would suggest having slightly shorter races overall at the ovals. A lot of the race distances are similar to current Sprint Cup distances.

When I referred to the longer Sprint Cup races I meant things such as the 500, the Brickyard 400 and the Coca Cola 600. Overall, shorter races are good but it's nice to have one or two long races on the calendar, just as the Cup does.

I definitely think the first race should be 300 miles. After that, I think anything over 125 miles should probably be kept to a minimum. One of the Indy races definitely needs adjusted, as both races will be won with 20 lap stints.

I love the idea, but one suggestion! Use the Challenger TC's because they look like Nationwide cars in a way but I'm fine with using regular NASCAR's I'd love to sign up!

MustangRyan
I definitely think the first race should be 300 miles. After that, I think anything over 125 miles should probably be kept to a minimum. One of the Indy races definitely needs adjusted, as both races will be won with 20 lap stints.

Agreed 👍

Looking good Chqr, hopefully will have a Sprint Cup seat for next season. If not I'll most likely be here.

EDIT1: Actually haven't a chance of making the timeslot, if my football games are on Saturdays, which they most likely will be.

EDIT2:

rap129
I love the idea, but one suggestion! Use the Challenger TC's because they look like Nationwide cars in a way but I'm fine with using regular NASCAR's I'd love to sign up!

Not a chance in the world will we be using Challenger TC's. Also you can't theoritically sign up but you can be put on the interested drivers list as the team owners following the draft pick there own teams.

When this series starts I'm in, though I will miss one race due to vacation.

With Daytona at 120, 60, and 80 laps, it also becomes three races won with 30 lap stints. Maybe run 120, 70, and 40 lap races? It likely takes three different strategies to win:

30 laps vs 24 laps in the 120 lapper, will someone try 40 laps?
35 laps vs 24 laps in the 70 lapper.
One stop likely wins the 40 lap race, but when do you stop? Can anyone no-stop?

Definitely interested in this, nice job Chqr.

gorsad/gorsad

Last edited:
If he sticks to the same tire compound I doubt anyone going 40 on a set of tires.. I know myself and crazy pushed it at 30/31.

Chqr, is this going to go live after the Thunder series? If so, I would suggest locking the thread until we get closer to launch, and keeping the discussion in the S1 thread. That way this thread won't get too cluttered until the time comes.

If he sticks to the same tire compound I doubt anyone going 40 on a set of tires.. I know myself and crazy pushed it at 30/31.

40 is possible, but not worth it in the longer races. Me and Tom could have gone 35/36 in the 40 lap race, but we pitted on 32/33. If we added on more aero 40 would be doable.

Back