►TURTLE RACING LEAGUE l Saturday Night Enduro Series l Accepting New Members Everyday!Open 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 7,202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
3forSpeed
No worries scarecrow. I should not have reentered the track. My bad.

50/50 call... I could have backed off the throttle a bit to find a hole. Instead I stayed full throttle hoping there would still be a hole when I got there. Not a classy move on my part...

I'm rusty... I'd run great lap times for 5 laps, but the extra 20 seconds every 6th lap was killing me. I got mowing grass once and for safety I just pulled over instead of trying to save it. I won't say who, lol ...you know who you are, but someone spun like a carnival ride trying to save it on the same turn. Practices are for pushing it though...

Lol! It was me... Not a little bit of shame! I thought i had it but clipped the slippery grass.

I stayed longer and speeddemin came. Practiced few more laps and called it a night.

I thought it went well. I had several self imposed wrecks, but the only one involving another car was when Roy re entered the track in front of me and I plowed through him hard. (Sorry again Roy). Bionic had fast lap, I was next, then Otaku. Otaku was cleaner and faster over the long run... he had it down last night. Should be a good race!

Edit...1:53 average...fast laps at 1:52... Bionic had one at 1:51.9 I think.

That was with TCS and Skid Recovery. Someone didn't take them out of the regulations. I tried a few laps without them and got low-mid 1:53's.

I'm not as good as I thought. :c

Sup guys I missed the news of a new league starting. Please send a friend request to flesxruoyxllik so I can start racing with you all again. I'll be using the same red car with blue wheels #38, how many old division 2/3 racers have joined?

flesxruoyxllik
Sup guys I missed the news of a new league starting. Please send a friend request to flesxruoyxllik so I can start racing with you all again. I'll be using the same red car with blue wheels #38, how many old division 2/3 racers have joined?

Heyoo! Welcome back flesxruoyxllik! I will send you the friend request to access turtle-home! And I will get you added to the drivers list. 👍

Nice to see you join in! I am still here racing for div 3 but right now everyone is racing in the same room until we get more people racing regularly.

Hey Fles! Long time no see. Just wanted to let you know we are also holding tuning races now on Thursday nights. Look for the TRL HST post. I'd link you there, but I'm on my phone.

Glad to see you back and look forward to seeing you out on the track!

Cool beans, it will be great to race with you all again. Hope I'll be competitive with most of you.

Hey flesx, glad to see ya:tup:
I don't think we raced but a couple times together. Hope you can make it tonight. The Lexus IS-F Racing Concept at Grand Valley going to be a lot if fun.

End2_zpsca1109c4.jpg

Race 2: Grand Valley Speedway
Car: Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Laps: 24
Tires: Racing Mediums
Date: September 28, 2013
Prize: Level 24 Ticket

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports

"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

The reason The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports is the first thing you read when you get to Turtle Racing League is because if you do not believe this rule applies to you, then you do not need to read any further because this league is not for you. You are encouraged to read and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

-How to Access the Turtle-Home Lounge-

1- Click on GT Mode when you first get on GT5

2- Click on the Community tab on you're left

3- Scroll all the way down, Turtle-Home is at Level 0

4- Click on Turtle-Home and move to the right having your arrow on a coffee cup, Click on the Coffee cup and Join

-Rage Quitting is not allowed, Please type in the chatbox if you have to leave or in the thread.

-Rolling Starts x2-

As Turtles, We all Respect every racer on the track, and Race Fair, and Clean. This is Something I would like to try. The 1st Lap when the race begins, you do Not have to go all out right away. The Racer with the Pole in the 1st race will go around the track at a slow speed leading up to the start. Before we approach the start line on the pace lap, Please try to give as much space in between each racer, and having no contact during a pace lap. I believe us turtles will not hit each other during the pace lap or hopefully not during the race. As we come out of the last turn leading to the start of the race, which in this case would be on Lap 2. The Pole Racer must still be in its pace. as everyone gathers us in a double formation. Now, The Pole sitter has the right of way when to accelerate to begin the race! not the 2nd placer, 3rd or lower. Everyone behind the Pole sitter has to wait until the Pole sitter takes off. You can time it when he does accelerate, however, you must make sure, If you are able to pass the pole sitter before the first turn, you are fine and should be able to go through the first turn clean. However if you were not able to fully successfully pass the pole sitter and the front of your car is by his rear of his car, he has the right of way. Remember this whole thing is the first turn rule! We decided to do double formation, because it would first warm up the tires on pace lap, Not smoke your tires at the beginning, more space to work with when approaching the first turn for a cleaner exist.
--Pace Lap Speed is 60 MPH-70 MPH Depending on track--
-60 MPH FIRST LAP PACE SPEED-

Policies

The First Turn Rule - It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. 4) If you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn.

Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to effectively avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers who are being careful and doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. You can not win the race on the 1st turn or even the 1st lap. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in incidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass on the low side. The trailing driver must also have gained at least a half a car length lead before braking begins so the leading driver can see his position and avoid contact.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. It is a matter to respect every Turtle on the track, as we are competing against each other on the track, we all must remain clean at all times. If you know you made a mistake on the track by pushing a turtle off track, please let them gain their position back. We are Turtle Racing League, and we want to be remembered as a respectful clean racer towards any racer out there. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward. All racing incidents or racing related issues shall be dealt with privately and under no circumstance mentioned publicly.

RACE CLEAN AND HAVE FUN! COME OUT AND JOIN US FOR CLOSE INTENSE RACING!

Last edited:
Heads up, lads: I might race tonight after installing my new TV.

I'll be there tonight too. My only thing is I've only had about 15 laps of practice. I know the track but not the car. I've only laid down 1 lap that I was happy with.

This car accelerates good if she's pointed the right way. But when I try to accelerate even half throttle in some if the turns it just starts drifting on me.

I guess I'll be winging it. Hopefully I'll find my grove after 8 or 10 laps.: nervous:

Woop!

I noticed that you can't paint the wheels of the Lexus... Going to be fun trying to see who's who.

Just look for the floating tag above the car, it may clear up any confusion! Sorry, I could not resist!

OMG edit! Just had this thought. What if GT6 gave us customizable license plates. That would be sick!

This has been an OMG edit! brought to you by jay*doc. Carry on.

I rather like Green Go paint.

Last night I hit 370 cars and got silver chrome as a reward. :3

Only 730 to go and 2 months to do it. I have them all and I dupe so let me know what strikes your fancy and I'll help you out. Gotta do my part to make sure turtles are well supplied.

Hey Racing, do you live on close enough proximity to another TV where as the remotes may be interfering with each others tvs?

I once had a neighbor (he was a clown, I can't make this stuff up) who bought the same TV as us and would stand outside and change our channels while we were watching TV. I know that sounds creepy and weird, but it was a good laugh when we figured it out!

Anyhow, something you may have already thought about.

Hey Racing, do you live on close enough proximity to another TV where as the remotes may be interfering with each others tvs?

I once had a neighbor (he was a clown, I can't make this stuff up) who bought the same TV as us and would stand outside and change our channels while we were watching TV. I know that sounds creepy and weird, but it was a good laugh when we figured it out!

Anyhow, something you may have already thought about.

I don't think so. The TV just doesn't respond to my remote; we tried a universal on it, didn't work at all, so it's definitely the TV. And I want to clarify that I might make it; there's no guarantee that I will race tonight.

Should be the same as the last one: 32 inches. Hopefully, the new one won't change outputs on its own, and have a responding remote.

That's the same size TV I just bought a couple weeks ago after my old one died on me. :dopey: Hope you can join us tonight.

Awesome 1st race tonight. Sadly, racing started over an hour late and I can't stay because I gotta get up in the morning. According to some in the lobby, I play in the middle of the ocean. :lol: Ended up in 5th on hj's bumper at the end. Four tenths...

PS, was accidentally practicing on RH tires. Kinda helped when the mediums started losing grip at the 8-10th lap increments. :P

Awesome 1st race tonight. Sadly, racing started over an hour late and I can't stay because I gotta get up in the morning. According to some in the lobby, I play in the middle of the ocean. :lol:

Unless you look at a map, most don't realize just how wide and expansive Canada is. I had no idea there was even a part of Canada 8 hours (I believe you mentioned) northeast of Maine. And Maine's pretty damn far out there. :lol: Still glad to see you out there racing with us. The more players, the more fun. :)

Unless you look at a map, most don't realize just how wide and expansive Canada is. I had no idea there was even a part of Canada 8 hours (I believe you mentioned) northeast of Maine. And Maine's pretty damn far out there. :lol: Still glad to see you out there racing with us. The more players, the more fun. :)

Very true... By the way, how did I qualify for the place behind you? That part didn't make sense to me. :lol:

Great race last night. Always alot of fun at Grand Valley. My very first race with the TRL was there in the Impreza TC. Had a good run going but too many fatal errors, including changing channel on the tv in the final lap D'oh! The worst part is that I panicked instead of just hitting start I scrambled for the remote. Looks like the race went well despite early confusion. I like the pace lap even though I probably need more practice running side by side. Congrats to the winners. To everyone thanks for a good clean race. See ya next week!

3forSpeed
Great race last night. Always alot of fun at Grand Valley. My very first race with the TRL was there in the Impreza TC. Had a good run going but too many fatal errors, including changing channel on the tv in the final lap D'oh! The worst part is that I panicked instead of just hitting start I scrambled for the remote. Looks like the race went well despite early confusion. I like the pace lap even though I probably need more practice running side by side. Congrats to the winners. To everyone thanks for a good clean race. See ya next week!

Awesome to hear that! My first race was there with the impreza tc as well 👍

Did any steward host last night?

Hjhr- if you did race last night, did you record the videos? If not Thats always okay.

Sorry I didn't make it last night as I was actually at a friends house making a short film :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back