►TURTLE RACING LEAGUE l Saturday Night Enduro Series l Accepting New Members Everyday!Open 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 7,202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody got Diablo 3? My wife bought me a copy for my bday. Nice to have a little turtle on demon action

Phisher. Go buy diablo 3.
I was just playing that at the neighbors house! The graffix are sick totally looks like a graphic novel or better. I used to play a similar 4 player game at the arcade many years ago called Gaunlet with the same POV.

Sounds like everyone had a great time last night I barely made the 2nd race thanks e1 for waiting while I got on track. Budgets really tight this month so I only bought me 1 beer on my way home a 40 oz'r. Around the 2nd lap on the straight I reached down and picked it up for a swig only I forgot how big it was and shot beer right up my nose into my brain LOL that's how I got so far behind right away. Not an excuse I wish I had the kudaments to keep up with yalls on the Enduros someday I hope. Thanks also to Wins for your awesome T by T checklist you know I'll be copying and pasting it with all the other gems I've wrangled off the thread. I've been wondering since Drago and Garage both came in 1'st and 4th who gets 1st place overall and how is that decided?

Anyone want to have an unofficial "I practiced for last night then couldn't make the race" race sometime today? Maybe a 15 lap run?
Let me know. I was looking forward to it and missed it due to last minute plans.
I won't be able to make it I need to go over and work on my mother inlaws yard. Her Ol'man died last June, RIP and she's all alone with no one to do these things. Family first is the Turtle way 👍

BustedFoSho
I was just playing that at the neighbors house! The graffix are sick totally looks like a graphic novel or better. I used to play a similar 4 player game at the arcade many years ago called Gaunlet with the same POV.

Sounds like everyone had a great time last night I barely made the 2nd race thanks e1 for waiting while I got on track. Budgets really tight this month so I only bought me 1 beer on my way home a 40 oz'r. Around the 2nd lap on the straight I reached down and picked it up for a swig only I forgot how big it was and shot beer right up my nose into my brain LOL that's how I got so far behind right away. Not an excuse I wish I had the kudaments to keep up with yalls on the Enduros someday I hope. Thanks also to Wins for your awesome T by T checklist you know I'll be copying and pasting it with all the other gems I've wrangled off the thread. I've been wondering since Drago and Garage both came in 1'st and 4th who gets 1st place overall and how is that decided?

Ill be posting the results soon tonight. Then the updated laps for the schedule

BustedFoSho

I won't be able to make it I need to go over and work on my mother inlaws yard. Her Ol'man died last June, RIP and she's all alone with no one to do these things. Family first is the Turtle way 👍

I believe garage will get the W for getting the pole also. You should borrow it from the neighbor and come play. Its great fun.

Ph1sher
I know wins! And I can't afford to get that game right now :lol: ill get it next weekend

I'll have to make a new character then. I'll be way ahead of you by next week. Just borrow money from mommy and pay it back next week

Last edited:
8274607281_b3dc6330c3_o.jpg

Race 1: Nürburgring GP/D
Car: Volkswagon Golf IV GTI RM '01
Laps: 25
Tires:
Sports Mediums
Date: September 21, 2013
Prize: Level 12 Ticket

Race 1 - Results

1st Place:
Garage-Father (Fast Lap - 1:46:870) Pole
2nd Place: hjhr75-08 (Fast Lap - 1:47:436) +20:870
3rd Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fast Lap - 1:47:247) +21:278
4th Place: DolphDrago (Fast Lap - 1:47:605) +23:808
5th Place: ThethirdRoy (Fast Lap - 1:48:816) +46:373
6th Place: randy1122 (Fast Lap - 1:48:400) +1:07:648
7th Place: spyagent1439 (Fast Lap - 1:49:058) +1:18:334

- Turtle Racing League - Race 1 Recap -

As Garage-Father grabs the pole, and polls away from the pack quickly bringing race 1 victory in a hurry. hjhr75-08 and RacingOtaku86 had a bumper to bumper battle throughout the race, but hjhr75-08 was able to edge out racingotaku86 by 0.408 seconds! Good Clean Racing fellas! DolphDrago started 2nd place, and was involved in the battle with racingotaku86 and hjhr75-08, but made a slight mistake causing him to fall down to 4th place for still a great finish! ThethirdRoy couldn't find anybody to stick with anyone, yet was still inbetween everyone running strong! improving every lap getting him a good 5th Place Finish in race 1. randy1122 and spyagent1439 couldn't find a lot of speed, kept making mistakes, but was able to stick with it and finish strong to finish the field. They as well both kept improving from lap to lap.

Race 2 - Results

1st Place: DolphDrago (Fast Lap - 1:47:136)
2nd Place: hjhr75-08 (Fast Lap - 1:47:409) +3:583
3rd Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fast Lap - 1:47:145) +4:260
4th Place: Garage-Father (Fast Lap - 1:47:373) +11:333
5th Place: spyagent1439 (Fast Lap - 1:48:601) +39:038
6th Place: BustedFoSho (Fast Lap - 1:51:607) -1 Lap Down
7th Place: randy1122 (Fast Lap - 1:48:874) -15 Laps Down

ThethirdRoy - DNS

- Turtle Racing League - Race 2 Recap -​

Wow! That's all i can say! For many laps going down to the last couple laps, the battle between DolphDrago, hjhr76-08, and RacingOtaku86! They were all bunched up racing extremly clean, no contact between any driver! But at the end, DolphDrago was able to pull out a great Race 2 Victory! followed by hjhr75-08 finishing a well deserved 2nd place again edging out RacingOtaku86 by 0.677 this time! Great Racing again fellas! Garage-Father who start last in Race 2, after getting a great Race 1 victory had a tough time getting up the fast guys up in the pack as quick as possible, but still finished at a very good position of 4th. spyagent1439 couldn't keep up with the pack, but continued to improve on his consistency throughout the entire race finishing at a good 5th place. BustedFoSho who joined us for race 2, couldn't get a grib on too this combo, and ended up a lap down. randy1122 decided to take the car to the pits after 10 laps, and call it a night.

- Turtle Racing League - Final Results -

1st Place: hjhr75-08 - 90 Points
2nd Place: Garage-Father - 89 Points - Pole
3rd Place: DolphDrago - 87 Points
4th Place: RacingOtaku86 - 84 Points
5th Place: spyagent1439 - 66 Points
6th Place: randy1122 - 63 Points
7th Place: ThethirdRoy - 36 Points
8th Place: BustedFoSho - 33 Points

Great racing last night! 👍

As mentioned, Garage-Father absolutely dominated the 1st race. hjhr, RacingOtaku, and I had an awesome battle for 2nd all race long, though with varying pitting strategies. Garage pitted halfway through the race and easily overtook us back for 1st place with about 10 to go. Otaku pitted a couple of laps after Garage, while hjhr and I stayed out the entire race on our tires. I thought there was no way Otaku would catch us with how far back he was after the pit and how few laps were left. Unfortunately (for me at least), he got by me on the back straight on the LAST lap, which knocked me down to 4th. :grumpy: Naturally, he couldn't quite get by hjhr with only the chicane and last turn to go. Had the roles been reversed (me slightly ahead of hjhr on the last lap), I think I would have ended up in 2nd, with hjhr likely finishing just behind Otaku. Anyways, great job holding me off hjhr, and nicely done getting by me right at the end, Otaku. And awesome job on a dominating win, Garage.

Race 2 had a similar look to it. Again, hjhr, Otaku, and myself had a great battle for the lead. Garage had a little bit tougher time getting through traffic, though. I think everyone learned their lesson from race 1 and pitted in the 2nd race. I decided to pit 1 lap earlier than everyone else to have a clean race track and hopefully pull ahead when the rest came out of the pits the next lap. I met Otaku coming out of the pits and had a brief battle with him for the first couple of turns, then started to pull away a hair with my warmed up tires. Otaku and hjhr appeared to have a good battle going for 2nd, which allowed me to pull about 3-4 seconds ahead. Luckily I was able to hold a steady pace and collected the win. :dopey:

Again, awesome racing last night. Congrats on the race 1 win, Garage. And congrats to hjhr for the overall points victory with those 2 second place finishes.

Finally, I do want to apologize for getting into the back of hjhr a couple of times while entering the chicane (as I braked slightly too late) throughout the races. Hopefully I didn't make you too mad. :guilty:

One thing I learned last night was Don't Be a Menace while drinking your juice on the Nurb GP/D :dopey:

I also apologize to anyone else who may have presumed from this post that I'm throwing back beers all day and not taking Enduro or TRL serious. If you read my previous post as to why I fell back so far on lap 2 you'd already know this was just a joke & yes I like to have a beer when I race this is suppose to be fun and that's how I settle in and relax. I'm not out there drunk screwing it up for everyone I'm just a really bad racer I guess but I do know every other aspect of this game from the opening credits to the HEX code! nuff said

Last edited:
It kills me not being able to race, but gotta pay bills.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2014 Wrangler Sport though. MSRP is 28k but with my work discount they can sell it to me for 20, 985

1C4AJWAG7EL116656_1.jpg

Can't talk the wife into it yet cause I owe 5k on my f150 still :/

I've never really been into Jeep but that's a beaut. Make sure you up play all the advantage to her like gas mileage, safety etc. and don't even mention the others gl Wins 👍 Also make sure you always refer to Jeep as "ours" using phrases like "the family Jeep" etc.

Last edited:
BustedFoSho
I've never really been into Jeep but that's a beaut. Make sure you up play all the advantage to her like gas mileage, safety etc. and don't even mention the others gl Wins 👍

Well I already have a jeep. This one is just brand new instead of 114k miles lol I may just wait a year or two and see what they come out with.

Anyway, I'm off this Friday and Saturday so I might join in on the race. Not really a big fan of the track but I haven't raced it much.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this weekends race. I was doing some garage cleaning on sat. When I went to join in the race I noticed i didnt own the car.

the video looked great.. see you guys next sat night!

Expanding on what I mentioned in the Tuner thread, there may also be a chance I'll miss the practice and race this weekend due to my (possibly) faulty TV. I might risk the chance of my TV self-destructing by coming on, but only for a bit.

Naturally, he couldn't quite get by hjhr with only the chicane and last turn to go.

"Naturally?" Yes, it's true I ran out of time before I could pass him, but to me, this sounds like he was the better driver than me, and I took some offense to this. This may not have been intentional, but still...

New rule: if you win both races in 1 night, you have to race the next week with a non broken in car. Only an oil change. LoL

Sounded like a good race last week, wish I could have made it...family business. I'll be there this week fo'sho!

"Naturally?" Yes, it's true I ran out of time before I could pass him, but to me, this sounds like he was the better driver than me, and I took some offense to this. This may not have been intentional, but still...

Did not mean to offend. :guilty: I was more referring to the fact that I tend to have a lot of bad luck (not just in GT5, but in general), and that what occurred was another one of those instances.

Had the race been 1 more or 1 fewer laps, I think it would have been a moot point. You were either going to get us both (if there was one more lap), or neither (if the race was one lap shorter).

I do apologize if I offended you. In no way was I insinuating he was the better driver in this case. I was just pointing out my typical luck (not that you running me down and passing me was luck. You raced hard and got by me fair and square. You just didn't quite have the time to get him as well). :)

As every Wednesday is for me, i can't make practice, but will make the race on saturday. Mbobb or whoever can make practice with good connection (Stewards) I will show up as soon as i can when i get off work. thanks! 👍

Did not mean to offend. :guilty: I was more referring to the fact that I tend to have a lot of bad luck (not just in GT5, but in general), and that what occurred was another one of those instances.

Had the race been 1 more or 1 fewer laps, I think it would have been a moot point. You were either going to get us both (if there was one more lap), or neither (if the race was one lap shorter).

I do apologize if I offended you. In no way was I insinuating he was the better driver in this case. I was just pointing out my typical luck (not that you running me down and passing me was luck. You raced hard and got by me fair and square. You just didn't quite have the time to get him as well). :)

Screw it, it's fine.

Dude, great video! Thanks for the close-up of my pass at twin ring at the 4:30 mark, lol. So many great drivers shown in that video. I liked the ending as well! Well done hjhr

There was some clip repetition, but I really like it. Goes well with the music... Still waiting on Ph1sher's video though. ;)

BionicDerp
There was some clip repetition, but I really like it. Goes well with the music... Still waiting on Ph1sher's video though. ;)

:lol: working on it bud! Got some enduro laps in for the schedule..will upload soon!

Guys! Help! Which one should I get? The aniversary edition or collectors edition for gt6? I wouldnt mind that sick blue car there offering in the collector's edition

Last edited:
:lol: working on it bud! Got some enduro laps in for the schedule..will upload soon!

Guys! Help! Which one should I get? The aniversary edition or collectors edition for gt6? I wouldnt mind that sick blue car there offering in the collector's edition

I'm most likely getting the standard version. My guess is that the blue cars are going to be boringly popular in the beginning weeks lf GT6 online.

I thought the collectors edition WAS the anniversary edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back