◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 1

GumballCGT / GumballCGT
  • Level 4 - Disqualification of all points from the second race (11). Four weeks probation.

Division 3

astrias / Astrias
  • Unsafe Re-entry. Level 2 - 6 Points
  • Total: 12 points and four weeks probation

BeRandom / GTP_BeRandom
  • Level 1 - 2 Points. Reduced to 1 point for on-track concession. One week probation

Luv2Coach / Luv2Coach
  • Level 2 - 7 Points doubled to 14 due to probation. Three week probation remains

Division 5

iroquois / iroquois--
  • Total: 12 points. Reduced to 6 for self-reporting. Doubled to 12 due to probation. Six week probation remains

OUTLAW---666 / OUTLAW---666
  • Level 1 - 2 Points. Doubled to 4 due to probation. Six week probation remains

Division X

The PSN Network / Polyphony Digital
  • Level 5 penalty due to grievous errors and fundamental flaws. On probation until further notice.

These changes affect the final standings.

Kuulkriine wins Prize C. Congratulations!

Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Well , I have to say congrats to D2 for not having anyone with any penalties for 4 weeks in a row!👍 Awesome guys!:cheers:

fzappa
I wasn't going to respond to this but.......
The reason why I turned towards you was because , hmmmm , there was a turn.:)
I won't comment on the 'shut up' thing.;)
As for the comment ,'First day or 3rd week makes no difference' , it actually does , in my opinion. Most of D2 have been racing with each other for over a month and we know each others style.👍 Some longer!
qwietstorm , I have no doubt that you'll be in D1 very soon:tup: Your good enough.
I think sometimes we focus on our own racing and not how others race and thats when we end up with race complaints.
Thats why on Wed nights during pratice , I don't try to win or qualify good , I try to watch others and thier styles. See how they handle certain turns , brake points , ect.
I've been lacking a little because of a new job in practicing , so I'm a little rusty.
I think its safe to say that most everyone in snail that has raced with me knows I race pretty clean. If I see someone behind me is faster , I won't give up the postion very easy but I'll be fair about it. I won't block but I do hope that that racer knows where its safe to make a clean pass with no incidents.
Just one more comment , I take offense in being called a D2 veteran:lol: :lol:

Now! Lets have a group D2 hug:cheers:

No need to comment on the shut up thing because like I said, I said to relax and take a deep breath. Maybe that means shut up in another language but my apologies as I do not speak that language.

D1 is not my goal, having fun racing with clean drivers is where it's at. Don't think I'm fast enough for D1 status and won't be disappointed if I never make it there.

That's the thing. There was no incident. I had a run, saw you were going to close the door and I backed off. I wasn't upset, you were. Which is why you started complaining.

No need to comment on the shut up thing because like I said, I said to relax and take a deep breath. Maybe that means shut up in another language but my apologies as I do not speak that language.

D1 is not my goal, having fun racing with clean drivers is where it's at. Don't think I'm fast enough for D1 status and won't be disappointed if I never make it there.

That's the thing. There was no incident. I had a run, saw you were going to close the door and I backed off. I wasn't upset, you were. Which is why you started complaining.

How did we end up back here again? :confused: cop voice: "Nothing to see here people, move along..."

You're not, but there's a good explanation for what happened. PM Oshawa-Joe.

I know it was an issue with myself being ghosted. Probably why there are these clear bold posts on ghosting (sorry guys lol). I didn't save the replay of that race not thinking it was going be much of an issue. Just surprised it was that harsh haha. S**t happens every now and then so not a big deal. Oshawa you mind PM'ing me the details on your verdict? I'll know better for next time then.

There was an oversight in the steward post. The actual winner of Prize C is…

qwietstorm. Congratulations!

There was an oversight in the steward post. The actual winner of Prize C is…

qwietstorm. Congratulations!

Thank you stewards! I've updated the results post to reflect your findings.

Congrats to Qwietstorm for winning Prize C. Please post what you choose for your prize.

Also, congrats to Sandblazter for winning D5. Nice job! 👍

I know it was an issue with myself being ghosted. Probably why there are these clear bold posts on ghosting (sorry guys lol). I didn't save the replay of that race not thinking it was going be much of an issue. Just surprised it was that harsh haha. S**t happens every now and then so not a big deal. Oshawa you mind PM'ing me the details on your verdict? I'll know better for next time then.

I sent you a PM explaining what happened.

The reason for my earlier post is because ghosting is becoming more of an issue the past few weeks in every division. I've seen cars gain positions by driving through ghost cars, I've seen cars overlapping bumpers going into and through corners etc. A few months back I sort of violated the ghosting rule myself, not really understanding why it was a big issue. The OLR makes it clear why it's important to treat ghost cars as if they were solid and avoid contact at all times.

Last edited:
crown royal is my sponsor haha.

This is your sponsor? Canadian Rye Whiskey?

images

Thanks for the short practice. I am quite embarrassed by my two first laps. I seemed to be magnetically attracted to Gumball:nervous: Sorry for those hits. I think I should stay away from D1 drivers for a while, I get all star struck:sly:

I did get a 2:16 flat which I am very happy about and 153 at the top of eau rouge:) Still 2 seconds slower than fast guys in the room:crazy: I like the Amuse.

Thanks for the short practice. I am quite embarrassed by my two first laps. I seemed to be magnetically attracted to Gumball:nervous: Sorry for those hits. I think I should stay away from D1 drivers for a while, I get all star struck:sly:

I did get a 2:16 flat which I am very happy about and 153 at the top of eau rouge:) Still 2 seconds slower than fast guys in the room:crazy: I like the Amuse.

No worries! And I really think when it comes down to it, the time that's made up is when you are smooth. Once you can drive a track smooth, work on braking just a little bit later each lap and accelerating a little sooner. One thing I think a lot of people also miss is trail braking. If you ever watch one of the replays in D1 you should see most of us doing it. It helps steer the car into a corner and when you let off of the brake it helps pitch the car in just a little more at least for my driving style. For some corners you almost have to give the wheel a little flick to get it going the way you want. Another thing that makes a difference is you sometimes have to help steer the car with the throttle. Whether it be getting on the throttle just a little bit after you let off the brake to help settle the car. Or if the car is getting some understeer don't be afraid to let off the throttle real quick and back on to help the front end grab some traction. Just some helpful tips ;)

Now I'm upset! :mad: I had 20 minutes this morning to do a few laps and PSN is still all messed up. So much for their "fix". BOLLOCKS!!!!!!

Take that picture down. It's giving me a headache just looking at it. :ouch:

:lol:

Thanks for the congrats on winning Prize C. I'll take a level 14 ticket.

I'm 3 cars away from having all of them except the chrome lines and stealth models. Hopefully I can land the Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car.

Last edited:
:lol:

Thanks for the congrats on winning Prize C. I'll take a level 14 ticket.

I'm 3 cars away from having all of them except the chrome lines and stealth models. Hopefully I can land the Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car.

If not send me a friend request and I will send you one:)

Oshawa-Joe
To all drivers participating in SNAIL:

I would like to bring to your attention the matter of Ghosting Violations.

The S.N.A.I.L. OLR

12: Ghost Cars:

A:
A ghost car is any car that is transparent and/or flickering transparent.

B:
If your car is a ghost car, you take on the responsibilities of the following "Recovering from an incident" and "Re-entering to the track after running off" topics as you are at fault. You also give the correct driving line to the non-ghosted cars (taking a turn wide so others can pass on the inside). Do not return to the driving line if possible until your car is back to the normal state. This may be hard to tell if you use bumper cam, but do your utmost to determine your state. Naturally, if you are serving a penalty, assume you are ghosted.

C:
If you are approaching one or more ghost cars on the track, you must avoid any contact with them at all as they may return to a normal state immediately. Then the contact would be your fault and in turn you may become a ghost car and have to make room for others while you car slows due to the penalty. Passing through a ghost car that is not out of control in an effort to pass them will bring a penalty.

D:
If your car becomes a ghost, you are not permitted to overtake other non-ghosted cars. If you happen to overtake a car while being a ghost, you must return to your original position safely.

E:
If your car is a ghost you are not allowed to intentionally drive through other cars, just as they are not allowed to drive through you. In short, all cars on the track should be considered solid, no matter what state the game displays them.

Violations of SNAIL OLR 12: Ghost Cars: and 14: Re-entering to the track after running off: need to be reported via the Race Complaint process.

I think this will be particularly difficult at Spa this. If I am say two-four car lengths behind someone at Eau Rouge and they get a penalty at the top I will have no chance to avoid them. Even if they do try to get out of the racing line they can easily still be in the way or push you off in your attempt to avoid the ghost car at the rapid speed difference that suddenly exists.

What is the official suggestion/guidelines for that scenario?

I think this will be particularly difficult at Spa this. If I am say two-four car lengths behind someone at Eau Rouge and they get a penalty at the top I will have no chance to avoid them. Even if they do try to get out of the racing line they can easily still be in the way or push you off in your attempt to avoid the ghost car at the rapid speed difference that suddenly exists.

What is the official suggestion/guidelines for that scenario?

The key point to take away from the rules regarding ghosting is to treat ghosted cars the same as solid cars. Sometimes you can't avoid hitting a wrecked or spinning car, but you have to try, whether they are ghosted or not.

The key point to take away from the rules regarding ghosting is to treat ghosted cars the same as solid cars. Sometimes you can't avoid hitting a wrecked or spinning car, but you have to try, whether they are ghosted or not.

👍 Exactly the way I see it too :)

The problem I always have with ghosted cars is that I can't run them off the road like I usually do with solid cars. Very frustrating ;)

Back