◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,538 comments
Thanks! It's really surprising to see one of the cars I worked on be deemed worthy of a video lol. If anyone is interested I could make an album on Imgur of some of the other cars I've worked on and/or built and post it here. I told some guys at practice last week that I build Cobra GT kit cars, but they seemed a bit too preoccupied to talk. I actually had one that as soon as it was picked up the guy went home, packed, drove from Kansas City Kansas to Georgia to pick up his son, continued driving until he got to Florida for spring break, and won first in paint at a national Cobra show!

I still don't get why my friends think I don't do anything that interesting :dunce:

Edit: Thanks, dabneyd!

No problem. I wish I lived closer to you. My car needs some paint work. ;)

I know that this is off topic, but none of my friends would find this interesting and I've got to brag somewhere!
I worked for a friend of my dad's for awhile a couple years ago building race cars, modifying street cars, and the usual boring maintenance; and still do work for him every now and then. Well today he sent me a video from the band Black Oxygen and said "recognize the car at the beginning and end"? Long story short we restored a 65 Mustang for a guy who's kids happen to be rock stars and put his car in the video! I mean we knew about his kids (lead singer and drummer are brothers) all along, but it's cool to know we did good enough that it made it into their video.

I've actually met the lead singer a few times. He's really down to earth and a nice guy. Well, if you can consider an 18 year old millionaire in his own rock band being down to earth :dopey:

Edit: Freaking youtube embed code making me feel like an idiot when I'm all excited. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_StqSv3uoU

Double Edit: Happy birthday Dragon! You're now older than you have ever been before!
And a very merry unbirthday to all! Just in case anyone felt left out :sly:

D, that's cool!! I'm a native Show-Me-Stater. Lived in Lee's Summit & St. Joe. Raised in Columbia. Gr8 job!

Standard car night....GT Academy is over so no excuses :lol:

What to do on a Thursday Night... 💡

Do you want close racing action? 👍
Do you want to be able to pick from a selection of great cars? 👍
Then.....

Come on and race with us at ESCarGoT !!!! :gtpflag:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=263631

NuumlrburgringGP_D_8.jpg
[/IMG]

NuumlrburgringGP_D_5.jpg

SuzukaCircuit-2.jpg

Tonight's lineup is awesome!

385 FF PP Sports Coupes (Sports Hard)
Grand Valley Reverse, 4 Laps

440 PP MR Street Cars (Sports Hard)
Autumn Ring, 6 laps

500 PP Rally Cars (Sports Soft)
Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway, TBD laps

Last edited:
Going to be in Division 1 room in about an hour. Bring your C7 Prototype Corvette for some racing action.

Honestly I don't care what you bring just show up and celebrate Dragons birthday with a SNAIL Hosted Racing Party. ;)

Driving with wheel, ALOT harder than with controller, anyone got tips? or maybe a coaching session? PM me if you do have tips (i dont want to clog up the thread)

You know what to do already, now you just need to practice with it. Make sure your setup is ergonomic and comfortable.

You'll have a couple of other 'oldsters' to compare against. I was born in 1960 and I know I'm not the oldest.

Happy Birthday many happy returns and thank you for your generous assistance. It's nice to know there are other mature drivers in the league but you would have to be born before 1950 to be older than me.

I think you'd have to be born around 1940 (I actually think before) to be the oldest in SNAIL.

Nice to know I'm not the only "old fool" in the crowd.

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes! :cheers:

Driving with wheel, ALOT harder than with controller, anyone got tips? or maybe a coaching session? PM me if you do have tips (i dont want to clog up the thread)

Takes some time, TOTALLY worth it. I honestly don't know if I'd still be here without the fun of the wheel.

I started on my DFGT with no feedback and found I had to ramp that up quite a bit.

Beyond that, I'll leave any tips to drivers who can tell ya how to drive fast!

Congrats on the birthday, y'all. Must be some cold Februarys in a lot of places.... :sly:

Ok so i feel like a complete n00b for saying this, but what is force feedback?

It is actually created by the small engine mounted in gaming steering wheels. It is the strenght you feel when playing with wheels such as the dfgt, G27, T500RS and is meant to make you "feel" the road's bumps, curves, tire grip, etc.
Not all wheels have force feedback.
That's pretty much it!

In real life driving you have direct road feedback if you drive without power steering (you'll get stronger arms hehehe) you'll feel it very well depending on your steering setup, suspension and weight of the car. The lighter the car, the more you'll feel the road.

Takes some time, TOTALLY worth it. I honestly don't know if I'd still be here without the fun of the wheel.

I started on my DFGT with no feedback and found I had to ramp that up quite a bit.

Beyond that, I'll leave any tips to drivers who can tell ya how to drive fast!

Congrats on the birthday, y'all. Must be some cold Februarys in a lot of places.... :sly:

Totally agree with this, GT5 is boring with no wheel in my opinion.
Gauge your steering inputs and pedal inputs and you'll be much faster after some practice. Be patient it's totally worth it and the DFGT does a pretty good job for its price.

As others are saying it will just take a little time. Focus on small steering movements and being smooth. Speed will come rapidly for you.

My suggestion is put some comfort soft tires on the three cars (yes even the Cobra) and do some laps say 10 of each combo. After that your throttle control should be better and your turn in will be more dialed in to what works with a wheel. Then put the proper tires on and have another go. And remember to have fun.

Back in September I switch from driving with the toy (no force feedback) wireless logitech in which I could do all kinds of tricks without getting in trouble to the G27.

Took me about 2 weeks to really adapt but still learning every time I get behind the wheel; just take things slowly and don't try to replicate what you were doing with the controller; playing with the controller is like playing an Arcade; driving with the Wheel and force feedback is like 'almost' driving in real life; so every little mistake can be felt and paid deerly so just be patient and go slow. Slow is Fast!

Welcome to the Wheel Community! :gtpflag:

sign me up!
👍

Hi flesxruoyxllik,
Consider yourself signed up! Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM me with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. I assign you to the division that I fell will give you the closest competition.
4. I send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

It is actually created by the small engine mounted in gaming steering wheels. It is the strenght you feel when playing with wheels such as the dfgt, G27, T500RS and is meant to make you "feel" the road's bumps, curves, tire grip, etc.
Not all wheels have force feedback.
That's pretty much it!

In real life driving you have direct road feedback if you drive without power steering (you'll get stronger arms hehehe) you'll feel it very well depending on your steering setup, suspension and weight of the car. The lighter the car, the more you'll feel the road.

While normally I try not to be that person on the internet correcting everyone, I can't help it this time. Cause what you said put a mental picture of someone racing with a wheel that has like a weed wacker engine attached to it.
Anyway, an engine and a motor can be the same thing. However, an engine is powered by a combustible source of power, ie; gas, rocket fuel, gun powder etc. a motor though is simple anything that converts one source of energy into kinetic energy, ie; electricity, nuclear power etc. in the case of a wheel. Its definitely a motor, not an engine.

Nutria, differences between motors and internal combustion engines. Come race with SNAIL, you'll be smarter for doing so.

Count 210
I have to post something sometimes to get new posts to show.

Just refresh the page. Hit f5 on a computer or hit options then refresh on the app.

Edit: what I mean by options is the tiny button all the way to the bottom right.

I may have to back out of SNAIL for a while. Recently received a tattoo apprenticeship, and with not having a job, and trying to do all artwork commissions to make a few dollars while doing this apprenticeship is rather time consuming. my only time to practice will likely be a half hour-45 minutes on sunday night so if I can do that, and feel confident that I will not ruin anyone's races, I will do so, but if not, I will have to back out. Also, if anyone wants to help a fellow SNAIL, and would like any commissioned artwork, priced more than reasonable feel free to send a PM in my direction.

Back