◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,538 comments
That thing is a handful but fun. I just can't figure out how to be consistent with it yet. Turned a high 33 followed by 3 or 4 laps stuck in the 35s. Gonna have to practice this one a bit before Sunday.

33's:( must suck to be so slow;) I ran 5 laps in the low 37's and a 44 on the last. Wolfsatz never gave up and got the win on the last lap. I know I can run in the 36's but can not imagine what a 33 is like. Fancy sending me a ghost lap;)

Yeah I could use one of these too. The ergonomics of my setup are horrible (my arms have to be fully extended to grab my wheel). :yuck:

So, GranStand Bill, can you please ask the owner if there's a discount for snails? ;)

Checked with the owner. 10% discount for snails.

Send me a PM

While you're at it, have the owner ask Bill if he will be joining division five this Sunday.

yeah sorry I missed last week, I was all tangled up in Christmas lights...

I should be able to make it Sunday.

Last edited:
Lol. Stay w/ me Dzone. Stay on the stick. :sly: jk. One day I'll be able to set mine up. Got it, moved, and now no room for it. :nervous:

What is with all you stick guys;) sticks are for shifting not steering;) I just moved my setup into a closet. Living in the San Fran bay area that could be taken to mean several things:)

'63 Birthday ticket sent.

No ticket in trade necessary.

Think I have the dubious honor of being the oldest SNAIL.

That's donated a Birthday Ticket ;).

Quite possibly, the oldest SNAIL, period. Confirmed as not even remotely possible.

Last edited:
dangerzone641
the twelth or 13th, my moms is the 13th

13th.

Grats on the wheel. Might take you some time to get used to it. Stick with it. It's a good idea to make sure it's mounted to something very stable.

Happy Birthday to you and your Mom.

Dragonwhisky
Birthday ticket sent.

Quite possibly, the oldest SNAIL, period.

You'll have a couple of other 'oldsters' to compare against. I was born in 1960 and I know I'm not the oldest.

Ha ha ha, so funny to watch the replays from the second race at Nurburgring last night. Lots of foot in mouth disease. Much pass at all costs syndrome. Poor situational awareness. Pots calling kettles black. Everyone take a deep breath and count to ten and remember the code. Contact must be avoided at all costs. Try zooming your maps in to 2, unless you think your # 2 will be next great thing since Chanel 5.

jobyone
33's:( must suck to be so slow;) I ran 5 laps in the low 37's and a 44 on the last. Wolfsatz never gave up and got the win on the last lap. I know I can run in the 36's but can not imagine what a 33 is like. Fancy sending me a ghost lap;)

Can I send one from a replay somehow? If not if I can figure out how to do it again I'll send you one. Right now it's like a blind man playing darts.

Birthday ticket sent.

Quite possibly, the oldest SNAIL, period.

Happy Birthday many happy returns and thank you for your generous assistance. It's nice to know there are other mature drivers in the league but you would have to be born before 1950 to be older than me.

I call for a change in Sunday nights setup.

I would like it to be mandatory that all snails must put titanium racing exhaust on the Cobra GT in order to have the most orgasmic sounding race in snail history :drool:

Seriously I want this to happen.

Happy Birthday Eric aKa Dragon. Hope your day is filled with fun, laughter, and lots of GT5!!!

Whatcha got planned for tonight? Birthday Bonanza Race is D1. Your pick of cars and tracks all night!!!! I'll be there if you will be there.

I know that this is off topic, but none of my friends would find this interesting and I've got to brag somewhere!
I worked for a friend of my dad's for awhile a couple years ago building race cars, modifying street cars, and the usual boring maintenance; and still do work for him every now and then. Well today he sent me a video from the band Black Oxygen and said "recognize the car at the beginning and end"? Long story short we restored a 65 Mustang for a guy who's kids happen to be rock stars and put his car in the video! I mean we knew about his kids (lead singer and drummer are brothers) all along, but it's cool to know we did good enough that it made it into their video.

Here it is.

I've actually met the lead singer a few times. He's really down to earth and a nice guy. Well, if you can consider an 18 year old millionaire in his own rock band being down to earth :dopey:

Edit: Freaking youtube embed code making me feel like an idiot when I'm all excited. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_StqSv3uoU

Double Edit: Happy birthday Dragon! You're now older than you have ever been before!
And a very merry unbirthday to all! Just in case anyone felt left out :sly:

Last edited:
If you paste the line at the bottom of this message into your message DJones, and add another ] to the end, it will embed that video for you. FYI, all you need is is the number after the equals sign in the youtube address. For example, the whole address to that video is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_StqSv3uoU

You just need to copy "i_StqSv3uoU".

That's awesome DJones!!

Thanks! It's really surprising to see one of the cars I worked on be deemed worthy of a video lol. If anyone is interested I could make an album on Imgur of some of the other cars I've worked on and/or built and post it here. I told some guys at practice last week that I build Cobra GT kit cars, but they seemed a bit too preoccupied to talk. I actually had one that as soon as it was picked up the guy went home, packed, drove from Kansas City Kansas to Georgia to pick up his son, continued driving until he got to Florida for spring break, and won first in paint at a national Cobra show!

I still don't get why my friends think I don't do anything that interesting :dunce:

Edit: Thanks, dabneyd!

Back