◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,538 comments
Dragonwhisky
Hmmm. Was thinking I would make this as well. It seems I've slept most of the day so will be up. Pretty sure my NSX is already broke in too. :)

Now I'm 75/25 in favor of not showing.

Just kidding in favor of showing.

Having some fun and maybe some practice if a few S.N.A.I.L.s show up

Closed

Last edited:
Just cruisin around a custom track with Handle and joby is very calming, dont have to worry about lap times and hitting apexes, just cruise

Yea it made a nice change. I also told you that you would be in the low 1:35's with the cobra before long! You should hit 1:34's shortly:( not that I am jealous of you speed or anything;)

That Cobra is a real.... learning experience.

I'll hop on some tomorrow as well. Thanks for the low-amp cruising on that delightful Toscana course in the beast, Joby.

And 1:37's? Notsomuchhere...

That Cobra is a real.... learning experience.

I'll hop on some tomorrow as well. Thanks for the low-amp cruising on that delightful Toscana course in the beast, Joby.
You're Welcome. I must say that is something I have wanted to do for a while. Just cruising on the road driving fast but not racing. I think I might go for another cruise later today or tomorrow.

The idea is simple with only three rules:
1. Drive Clean (not hard for us S.N.A.I.L.s right;))
2. Keep right except to pass (driving in both directions is encouraged)
3. Production cars only (no Concepts, tuners RM or Race cars)

Other than that just drive as fast as you want. The tracks will be custom tracks that are long (5 miles), narrow and twisty and will be created just prior to the cruise so they will be new to us all. I would also suggest not using sticky tires instead use what the car comes with or two lower than what we would run in a S.N.A.I.L. race. So nothing grippier than sports hard. Damage will be on high to discourage going off:)

Whoa, was that what we were on? Damage high? If so, Going slower there helped me go faster later.

I still struggled later on Trial Mountain, but not as much as before. Hopefully I can get some laps in before or after the football game tomorrow. ;-)

Welcome to the newly updated S.N.A.I.L. Driver Colors and Numbers doc.

S.N.A.I.L. Colors and Numbers

The first thing you will notice is that we now have a visual display for the colors. Each division has its own chart.

While we will list the exact name of your paint color in the Colours / Numbers tab we are simplifying the chart to have 36 colors, 7 gray scale options and two chromes.

If you see your name listed in a cell then that is our closest guess on the shade of your color. If you feel we have it wrong please let us know. The easiest way to specify the name of the color on the chart. The top row are light versions of the color and the third row are the dark versions.

For instance in D1 Torino is listed in the Light Cyan cell. If his color was darker he could just say "Please move me from Light Cyan to Cyan". Or if he felt the color was off he could say "Please move me from Light Cyan to Light Spring Green."

The chart will not distinguish between Red and Matt Red. If someone already has Red and you want a Matt Red you should choose Light Matt Red or Dark Matt Red not Matt Red. If you use a color-shift color please try to choose the dominant color as the one to be listed.

We also ask that you try to avoid a color that someone in the division above or below you is already using. This will allow you to keep you color combo when the divisions are realigned. We have plenty of choices so lets try to be creative.

Last edited:
jobyone

The first thing you will notice is that we now have a visual display for the colors. Each division has its own chart.

While we will list the exact name of your paint color in the Colours / Numbers tab we are simplifying the chart to have 36 colors, 7 gray scale options and two chromes.

If you see your name listed in a cell then that is our closest guess on the shade of your color. If you feel we have it wrong please let us know. The easiest way to specify the name of the color on the chart. The top row are light versions of the color and the third row are the dark versions.

For instance in D1 Torino is listed in the Light Cyan cell. If his color was darker he could just say "Please move me from Light Cyan to Cyan". Or if he felt the color was off he could say "Please move me from Light Cyan to Light Spring Green."

The chart will not distinguish between Red and Matt Red. If someone already has Red and you want a Matt Red you should choose Light Matt Red or Dark Matt Red not Matt Red. If you use a color-shift color please try to choose the dominant color as the one to be listed.

We also ask that you try to avoid a color that someone in the division above or below you is already using. This will allow you to keep you color combo when the divisions are realigned. We have plenty of choices so lets try to be creative.

I was hoping to go with a Black and Blue scheme (black car/blue wheels) if possible.

I think I might know what he has in mind. :scared: If I'm right, at least Oshawa-Joe will be happy about it! :lol:

Hopefully you can make this weekend because we won't be having official races the following weekend. It'll be too close to Christmas to have five full grids so instead we'll be having a special event to celebrate the one year anniversary of S.N.A.I.L. 👍

More details to come, but let's just say that we'll be giving out five free copies of GTPEDIA!! :gtpflag:

Here it is, Skills. Races today, however!

What an awesome job , jobyone! 👍 WOW!:bowdown:

One great job jobyone. 👍

I was hoping to go with a Black and Blue scheme (black car/blue wheels) if possible.
Bill, It looks like we already have a driver using Black for their car color in D5:( What would your second choice be? Also what number would you like to run?

What an awesome job , jobyone! 👍 WOW!:bowdown:
One great job jobyone. 👍

Thanks guys. I am just happy to be helping out this great league. Hopefully it will help us get a few more people using designated colors;)

Joby, nice work there. In D2 mine should be changed from red to silver chrome. It's a color shift and most of the time it looks more silver chrome than red.

Joby, nice work there. In D2 mine should be changed from red to silver chrome. It's a color shift and most of the time it looks more silver chrome than red.

Joby,
Awesome!!! I also would like to solicit a color change given that many times a lot of the D4 racers that don't officcialy have colors end up using Oranges. 👎

I would like to change my color to Avorio Antico (Cream White) w Orange Wheels.
If you ever make it to race at our regular time I will change my colors again as to not to interfere with your white. 👍

Done.

Joby,
Awesome!!! I also would like to solicit a color change given that many times a lot of the D4 racers that don't officcialy have colors end up using Oranges. 👎

I would like to change my color to Avorio Antico (Cream White) w Orange Wheels.
If you ever make it to race at our regular time I will change my colors again as to not to interfere with your white. 👍
You are welcome to use white for D4. I have been meaning to change my color for a while so now is a good time. One warning though lots of people also show up with white:(

Division 4 PIX
From Sunday 12/9 Shot in Panoramic Format (hint hint.. Click Enlarge!)

Suzuka

SuzukaCircuit_3_zpse79aaa73.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_2_zpsbc75c0f1.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_zpse842914a.jpg

Nurburing

NuumlrburgringGP_F_4_zpsf3cecbf7.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_3_zps15c67bf9.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_2_zpsb76d75b9.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_1_zps0510c8f9.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_zps34b5fd81.jpg

Tokyo

TokyoR246_4_zpsee0183cf.jpg