◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,556 comments
Nice pics, I really like the "conga line" shot! 👍

FYI - NBC did choose to 'flex' the Redskins vs. Cowboys to the finale, the Sunday Night Football slot at 8:30 pm, next Sunday, 12/30.

I will not be racing that evening. :dopey:

Nice pics, I really like the "conga line" shot! 👍

FYI - NBC did choose to 'flex' the Redskins vs. Cowboys to the finale, the Sunday Night Football slot at 8:30 pm, next Sunday, 12/30.

I will not be racing that evening. :dopey:
I take it you will be busy cheering on the cowboys;)

Interesting S.N.A.I.L. Facts

Over the course of a year S.N.A.I.L. has had 196 different drivers, that have raced 252 times on 82 distinct Car/Track Combinations. We've raced 56 different cars on 42 unique tracks.

For those of you that think we're running out of things to do, consider this.

To date, GT5 has 71 tracks, that leaves us 29 tracks to choose from. There are over 1000 cars in GT5, roughly 20% of them are Premium. That leaves approximately 144 cars that have not been driven Sunday night. Not to mention the other 80% that will cycle through the Online Car Dealership.

Think we can get 'er done in the next year ;)

:cheers: S.N.A.I.L.'s

I take it you will be busy cheering on the cowboys;)

Ah....notsomuch... HTTR!

(I am currently running #10, Burgundy and Gold colors....)

Kcheeb, does that mean we can choose snow or gravel???

Sounds fun, if so, but not for Steward/clean racing...

Snow and gravel should not be used in SNAIL. Imagine the problems the reverse grid will cause, then, when the previous winner can't see anything ahead of him save for dust or snow 10 seconds after the green...

Snow and gravel should not be used in SNAIL. Imagine the problems the reverse grid will cause, then, when the previous winner can't see anything ahead of him save for dust or snow 10 seconds after the green...

Sadly true. I guess my dark dream of an FGT race on Chamonix will never be reality :lol:

We could use those courses for a live TT or something though. Everyone spread out over a large snow course with rally (or whatever) cars in free run would be fun. I love GT5/SNAIL. So many options. Now I just need a free night to actually do some of them :)

I am sure I am probably the only S.N.A.I.L. currently with some free time so I am heading to D1 for a cruise/practice. Come join me. You never know what might happen.

Whew! I was hoping to have the shirts to you guys in time for Christmas! Looks like a few got there just in time! :P

Be sure to thank kcheeb for the shirts as well!! :)

Thanks Zer05ive and Kcheeb for all that you do for the league. I have named a couple of Snails in my fish tank after ya'll.
As of right now the Zer05ive Snail is just hanging on a rock and the Kcheeb Snail is riding on the back of another snail...Hmmm..:lol:

Either the kcheeb snail is trying to start a spec race (are all of your snails of the same species?) or he's as charming with the ladies as his namesake!

kendawg
Thanks Zer05ive and Kcheeb for all that you do for the league. I have named a couple of Snails in my fish tank after ya'll.
As of right now the Zer05ive Snail is just hanging on a rock and the Kcheeb Snail is riding on the back of another snail...Hmmm..:lol:

Zer0 snail is probably thinking of a new scoring system, and kcheeb snail is er ahhh relieving some tension :lol:

D1 pictures from Sunday night.

Nice shots, ken 👍

One question though...why is the #99 being used given I have no recollection of anyone, other than myself, requesting it? I don't mind sharing it but please tell us you want to use the number :)

Last edited:
SNAIL CHRISTMAS EDITION DIV 4/5

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

RoadCourse-Indy_12_zps5de3ae13.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_15_zpsda56a976.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_14_zps2f032bb4.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_13_zpsfe43a2ce.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_12_zps5de3ae13.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_11_zps5752b462.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_5_zps5f52321e.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_8_zps224b0d6d.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_7_zps474f98f4.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_6_zpsa2d59d33.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_4_zps83d6ef6c.jpg

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
RoadCourse-Indy_2_zps09320f3e.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_1_zpsd5cb98b2.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_5_zps5f52321e.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_45_zps0a5dd53f.jpg

Win a race in 3 Steps.. .Drive through a Ghost
NuumlrburgringGP_F_44_zps0c778b36.jpg

Dive the next corner...
NuumlrburgringGP_F_41_zps201bd311.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_43_zpsb76de7f0.jpg

And pushed through... Win a Race! :dunce::dunce::dunce:

Clean Passing is Always Possible 👍👍👍
NuumlrburgringGP_F_40_zps167930f5.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_39_zps7486b40d.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_33_zpsd03562c6.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_32_zps26590c2d.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_19_zpsd5139fec.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_18_zps55eee630.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_17_zps8c102554.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_16_zpsc31c7362.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_15_zpsb7ff800c.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_13_zpsf66ef8ee.jpg

Handlebar Decides he can take on over 1000 HPs and stop traffic! 💡

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_12_zps451b646e.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_11_zps640f1c55.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_8_zpscfee89fd.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_7_zpsf125abf8.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_6_zpsa1155faf.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_1_zpsd93e750b.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_zps3547866c.jpg

Battle for 3rd on Last Race was intense for 3 laps.
TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_3_zps35625c1a.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_15_zpsb7ff800c.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_5_zpse9ad04f4.jpg

Merry Christmas SNAILS

Either the kcheeb snail is trying to start a spec race (are all of your snails of the same species?) or he's as charming with the ladies as his namesake!

That is funny...
I bought a couple of Snails a few months ago. I have two little girls and they picked one snail each. When we brought them home and put them in the tank. About a week later on of them had babies. There was about 40 baby snails floating around in the tank. Of course some died and now there are about 25 to 30 that survived.

Far as their species...really don't know how to tell unless you had a powerful microscope. :embarrassed:

It is funny to watch them get on the shell of another snail and ride him around.

Wolfsatz
SNAIL CHRISTMAS EDITION DIV 4/5

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Win a race in 3 Steps.. .Drive through a Ghost

Dive the next corner...

And pushed through... Win a Race! :dunce::dunce::dunce:

Clean Passing is Always Possible 👍👍👍

Handlebar Decides he can take on over 1000 HPs and stop traffic! 💡

Battle for 3rd on Last Race was intense for 3 laps.

Merry Christmas SNAILS

Fantastic pictures wolf
Amazing

NuumlrburgringGP_F_40_zps167930f5.jpg

Is that you in the Jag purple paint job VOL? Team Flying Goat lives!!

Yes, it is.

That was the color I ran when the S15 RM originally ran, so I kept the car painted that color. I did run the FD and NSX RM in yellow, and kept my number 3.

As to this picture, that was the highlight of my evening. I really did get a fantastic clean pass on Wolf. I followed him through a couple of corners and was able to close down the distance and make this pass just after the Schumacher S.

I expected Wolf to pass me back later in the race. And I didn't care. I had gotten one on him and was tickled.

I am surprised at how many of these pictures I was in. I only think I ran by myself for one race out of the six. I really was battling the whole night. That just goes to show you how tight the races can be when you have fun, well behaved cars on good fun courses.

Ok, I didn't exactly 'decide' on my lonesome to take on anyone in that photo... Let's just say I was there by 'committee decision.'

And on that bombshell...

Have a Merry Christmas, everyone.

Be sure to give your "Baby Stig" the right stuff (necklace, hotel shampoo, and electronics, as needed), and best wishes to all.

Ok, I didn't exactly 'decide' on my lonesome to take on anyone in that photo... Let's just say I was there by 'committee decision.'

I know I know... I was trying to be funny! :sly::crazy:

I think the fun started before the curve and you got bumped from behind which made you loose on entry... and then everyone just plowed through!

Anyway, makes for great pictures!

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_9_zpsaefd07f2.jpg

Hello SNAILs!
Hope everybody has happy CHRISTMAS! Here are some pics for those who likes to play with photo-mode...:)

Nürburgring Nordschleife_26-2 by Azik89, on Flickr

Nürburgring Nordschleife_24-2 by Azik89, on Flickr

Nürburgring Nordschleife_23-2 by Azik89, on Flickr

Nürburgring Nordschleife_22-2 by Azik89, on Flickr

Nürburgring Nordschleife_18-2 by Azik89, on Flickr

Nürburgring Nordschleife_17-2 by Azik89, on Flickr

Nürburgring Nordschleife_16-2 by Azik89, on Flickr

Circuito de Madrid-2 by Azik89, on Flickr

:)

While sugar plumb fairies danced in your head

tcrash15 was taking pictures instead:D

D2/D3 Anniversary Race Pics-Enjoy!

RoadCourse-Indy_zps92d7431f.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_1_zps51dec7d3.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_2_zps3ef5f99d.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_3_zpsbca5048b.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_4_zps2c19f58b.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_zpsbdf141fb.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_1_zps1baea23b.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_2_zpsc3866bc8.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_3_zps5d2dc836.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_4_zps36670932.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_5_zpsecf0b7b2.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_6_zps0317e296.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_7_zps436b6407.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_8_zps1dd74137.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_9_zps29d2d7be.jpg

NuumlrburgringGP_F_10_zps04f752c5.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_zps2c655dad.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_1_zpsc71e8c1d.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_2_zps07523e4f.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_3_zps494ff7cc.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_4_zps721c0360.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_5_zps766aa89b.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_6_zpse4eefcc5.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_7_zpsff917b0d.jpg

TwinRingMotegiEastCourse_8_zps6de650be.jpg

I think I may need to requalify for a division. I'm making the jump from the DS3 to a G27 which I got today, so I doubt I'm going to be as quick as I was before while I'm learning to use the wheel.

Nice shots, ken 👍

One question though...why is the #99 being used given I have no recollection of anyone, other than myself, requesting it? I don't mind sharing it but please tell us you want to use the number :)
Oops, that would be me. As you can see from my avatar I like the number 99 :P I don't mind sharing it though. I should also mention that I always paint my cars lavender as well.

Anyways, Merry Christmas Snail's, and good luck in the new year!

Wife and kids gave me some nice Top Gear gear. I think I will keep em for another year, I suppose (the family... The gifts will last).

I think I may need to requalify for a division. I'm making the jump from the DS3 to a G27 which I got today, so I doubt I'm going to be as quick as I was before while I'm learning to use the wheel.

Oops, that would be me. As you can see from my avatar I like the number 99 :P I don't mind sharing it though. I should also mention that I always paint my cars lavender as well.

Anyways, Merry Christmas Snail's, and good luck in the new year!

The first upgrade you should get for your G27.

I Have updated the spreadsheet for your color and shared number:)

Just now finally getting it all back together. Sunday night started out to be a great deal of fun.... But THEN the Bat Phone went off in the middle of one of the races and I had to spend the rest of the night and most of the next day chasing outages in a snow storm...:ouch: Oh well, it was bound to happen on a race night eventually.

Happy Birthday to SNAIL and Merry Christmas to all! Thank you to all of the administration and drivers and look forward to another great year in SNAIL!!

Dabney. I don't know that the progressive spring is needed for the G27 any more. I recently got mine and the spring that comes with it is definately progressive in resistance. I don't know if this is someting Logitech changed or not.

Congratulations to the winners of the S.N.A.I.L. One Year Anniversary GTPedia Prizes. A pm has been sent you with instructions on how to redeem your prize.

dgaf95integra
AG07WRXTR
racefan78
ExoSphere64
Skills

And a huge thanks to everyone that celebrated with us last Sunday night! :cheers:

Merry Christmas All!

Merry Christmas Everyone.

I guess I better post my selection for next week races. I am choosing to say goodbye to the Audi TT. Not a bad car but I feel it was just a bit to slow and did not offer enough of a challenge at the Nurb GP/F track. So my choice is to go with an even lower PP car. But I do feel that my choice should be fun, challenging and promote some more good close racing.

1990 MAZDA RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90

I hope you like the choice.

Joby

Latest Posts

Back