◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I just don't like it and it has been around now going on its third track.
Yea and it keeps getting more and more fun. So you are slow in the car. Who cares. Plenty of us are slower in a car than others but we keep racing anyway. I have no problem with you sitting out a race because you do not like it but do you have to vocalize it in the forum? What were you hoping to gain?

I have a feeling the Caterham would have been gone this last week if the Vette wouldn't have been run at Monza. I believe both times we have ran Monza, it has been a one and done combo and I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the track than the car.

JLBowler
I have a feeling the Caterham would have been gone this last week if the Vette wouldn't have been run at Monza. I believe both times we have ran Monza, it has been a one and done combo and I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the track than the car.

True, Monza just doesn't allow close racing as easily as other tracks. Not saying it's impossible, but the margin for error is much smaller with greater consequences. I don't think it's quite worth it IMO, but I'll do whatever the winner picks and make the best of it.

Maybe if the Vette was ran at Spa... I know I always say Spa, but I really really like Spa :dopey:

I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the track than the car.

Yes indeed, I just hate that track while the Corvette was good, I voted for this combo just to eliminate Monza. It just doesn't make up for good racing and I think it is highly overrated. No elevation changes, long straight followed by a huge braking zone, rince and repeat.

/Rant mode off :)

Yeah really. If you hate it that much just back off ten percent and hang around the back. At least you'd still get points. Just my .02

I really don't see why some dislike the Caterham so much; it needs to be driven with throttle control, but as long as you don't push the throttle too much during cornering it handles way better than many others we've raced before.

I think that this coming weekend will be voted off.

In my opinion if I open my ps3 for play gt5 and all the friends share the precious time with me whatever the track is or the car, if i have respect for this guys i will enjoy 100%. Some tracks I dont like, but if the racers are here im here!!!!

Amen to that! :bowdown:

If I only race the cars I liked I would only race on Ash Wednesday.

Maybe if the Vette was ran at Spa... I know I always say Spa, but I really really like Spa :dopey:

I actually tested the Caterham at Spa.. but it kinda of dies at 130 at the long straight (should I get down and push kinda of feeling)... needs more ponies for Spa; but yes, this is a really fun track as well.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE] I have no problem with you sitting out a race because you do not like it but do you have to vocalize it in the forum? What were you hoping to gain?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I will take that back.

I will not be participating in next Sunday's events. Something has come up..:yuck:

I will still be racing Friday and Saturday night..👍

Cheers

I am unsure whether I'll make it this Sunday....mainly since I plan to watch the entire Rolex 24 so I reckon I'll be rather tired when it finishes :lol:

JoeW
I can see their point of view. This is a game. You play games to have fun. If a particular combo isn't fun and you feel you can maximize your fun during that portion of your evening by doing something else then go for it.

I am in a huge rut right now in Snail. I always find myself crashing out while leading or vying for the lead on race night. I think I finished near dead last almost every race the last several Sundays. I don't have time practice during the week which may contribute to the inconsistency although I can usually set fast lap or damn near it during the race. But when I manage to make any other night I can run with anyone except a couple of top tier D1 guys.

It may be the pressure I put on myself on points night and the subsequent lack of fun I have after crashing or getting punted while leading. I joined some fast friends last night and had a ball. The racing was just as tight but I didn't crash. So I think it's a perceived pressure I place on myself to avoid racing in close quarters with certain people I don't know or trust. And the perceived pressure of points nights.

Somehow I need to turn Sunday night into a fun and pressure free evening or I might have to take a break from Sundays and do a different night of snail activities for a little while.

Hey Joe, its hard sometimes to stay warm in this league, as i saw you racing few weeks ago its not the time to pack your bag. Im sure you will going up, racing is hard when the wind is not on your side (my experience) patience and the wind will come on your side. Just stay relax when you race and im sure you will be far away!!!

Yea and it keeps getting more and more fun. So you are slow in the car. Who cares. Plenty of us are slower in a car than others but we keep racing anyway. I have no problem with you sitting out a race because you do not like it but do you have to vocalize it in the forum? What were you hoping to gain?

You know, it's unfortunate that someone can't make a comment or opinion without somebody chastising them for it.
Joby, this is an open forum for opinions and ideas. What do you hope to gain by telling people that it gets more fun? That's your opinion just like Ken made his opinion.
I don't agree with sitting out a race because you don't like the combo but that is his opinion and I respect that and I think everybody should.

I just don't like it and it has been around now going on its third track.

I have no problem whatsoever with you vocalizing your dislike of a certain car or track. After all, this is a discussion forum, and open discussion about all things is what make this such a great community. Things wouldn't be very interesting around here if everyone always agreed on everything.

That being said, I do have an issue is with you sitting out the round and therefore "picking and choosing" which combos you race. Data is one of the backbones of this league and by only racing the combos that you like, you're skewing the data. Imagine if more and more drivers began to sit out the combos the didn't like (and are likely not as good at) while only racing the ones they did like (and were good at). That would make a lot of the data we use for promotion and relegation relatively useless.

In a nutshell, drivers sitting out of the combos they don't like is not a good precedence to set and that's why I have to call it out as not being in the best interest of the league.

I will not be participating in next Sunday's events. Something has come up..:yuck:

Hopefully, something really did come up and you're not just sitting out to protest the Caterham or the frowning upon your sitting out of that combo. I'm sure your fellow D1 drivers would love to see you on the grid this Sunday. 👍

I will still be racing Friday and Saturday night..👍

Cheers

First off sorry Kendawg that my comment came across harsh. That was not my intention and I am sorry.

You know, it's unfortunate that someone can't make a comment or opinion without somebody chastising them for it.
Joby, this is an open forum for opinions and ideas. What do you hope to gain by telling people that it gets more fun? That's your opinion just like Ken made his opinion.
I don't agree with sitting out a race because you don't like the combo but that is his opinion and I respect that and I think everybody should.
Agreed. I was not trying to imply that we can not voice an opinion just more the tone of that opinion. I feel that this league works well because we do have open discussions and I would not want to change that.

But I do feel that sometimes we jump to the negative easily (as my own comment probably illustrates).

First off sorry Kendawg that my comment came across harsh. That was not my intention and I am sorry.

Agreed. I was not trying to imply that we can not voice an opinion just more the tone of that opinion. I feel that this league works well because we do have open discussions and I would not want to change that.

But I do feel that sometimes we jump to the negative easily (as my own comment probably illustrates).

We are all human!

So, Coach, Dr.G and Oshawa and I did some testing.

Cape Ring - Totally Awesome but long track and takes about 2:50 to go around.

Indy Road Course - Awesome too, but feels that we just did than with the RX-7.

Then I thought to celebrate the 24 Hours of Daytona next weekend to go with Daytona Road Course; also awesome and for some reason the C'ham drafts a lot even from far away...hmm :scared:

So finally we tested and race around Autuum Ring Reserve as Panda_Bear suggested and the Fun factor goes beyond all before mentioned.

So my pick for prize B is to take the FireBlade to Autuum Ring Reverse!

Already awaiting Wednesday practice anxiously!!! 👍👍👍

i think we should go to Rome with Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

This is the combo I want

Thanks for selecting your Prize A and Prize B choices!

The January 27 lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

I'd also like to give the D5 drivers and the2armedmen props for completing the multiple prize winner process to perfection! That was so much better than last time (thanks to me providing proper instructions this time around). I think it's clear that this process is a winner and it gets more drivers in the league involved in the prize selection process. 👍

Also, congrats to moperlover for making the winning suggestion! :cheers:

Last edited:

Why are you saying this is an open forum for everyone's opinion to be heard and complaining about joby's opinion in sentences right next to eachother. That's a bit counterintuitive. I'm sorry but this is my pet peeve of Internet arguing.

Also if someone is so bad they are willing to sit out i would suggest critiquing your own driving and asking for help rather than saying its a terrible car or track and not driving. If you don't get better in this car then what will you do when we drive a similar car, sit out again. But then again if there is no time to practice sitting out so you don't ruin everyone else's day on the course can be a good option. Lets be constructive instead of destructive and progress snail to be the best league IN THE WORLD

Both of you are going to sit out an entire combo simply because you don't like it? The "pick and choose" portion of our format is during the elimination vote, which occurs after the racing.

Yes, I most likely will sit out both races. There's a certain point where instead of a challenge it just becomes anything but fun. I race here because I like close racing and having fun doing so. If it's not fun, I am not doing it and IMO it's just not fun. I actually finish racing for the night and I'm pretty bummed out because it sucks so much.

Yeah really. If you hate it that much just back off ten percent and hang around the back. At least you'd still get points. Just my .02

It's not like it's a huge difference but I'll most likely start the race last and then just pull off onto the access road at the entrance to turn 1.

I'm a math guy too and have a question. It was said that if a driver refuses a combo, it skews data. Are you referring to his personal data or is there a summary of group data that it skews? If that is the case, then I would suggest to omit that driver's data for that week. I would think that gets rid of the outliers or potential for inaccurate data. Just a thought.

In a race they have some place like 6-16 racers places and last place is here for 1 of these racers and they get points for it. I think some racers just want to race in the 1st pack of the group and if that not happen they will get out or blame the tracks or cars. We have to use 100% of the gt5 game whatever this is on sunday events. In real life you cant sit out while a contract with your sponsor and your boss. I know its a game but this game was build with passion behind and this passion are from the real life.So we have to respect that and play 100%. Nobody are concern about it, its my opinion, hate me love me,its still my opinion. Imagine if all snails ride only what he like, it would be bored whit some half division, on that i dont add the racers who cant come for any important reason. We are the fuel of this league and we have to support the choice of the snails organisation in the up or down!!!!

I agree DrGreen, but this isn't real life, and I am not under contract with anyone getting paid to race. If that were the case then yes I would be there belts fastened and ready to go. Sadly, that's not the case.

Why is it such a big deal? Everyone in that division should be happy because that's at least 1 spot they are guaranteed. It's not like it's something that happens every week or once a month. This is the first time. If you don't like it, kick me from the league or relegate me. As stewards it's your job to handle certain situations as you see fit.

Speaking as a steward, I feel everyone should have the right to pull over or pit if they feel they are a danger to other drivers. However they should be placed on the bottom of the finishing order much like is done with disconnections.

Speaking as a steward, I feel everyone should have the right to pull over or pit if they feel they are a danger to other drivers. However they should be placed on the bottom of the finishing order much like is done with disconnections.

Speaking as a not-steward, I agree with this, and I have done this in the past, especially when connection issues and lag spikes made me a danger to other drivers. I don't think it's fair to tell someone they have to race all 6 races. Otherwise, shouldn't there be a rule that doesn't allow drivers to join the lobby once the first race is underway?

If data is so important that drivers are encouraged to put the nights of other racers, not to mention their own enjoyment, in jeapordy, then I'd say our priorities are in the wrong place. Granted I understand we need good data to make the promotion/relegation process run smoothly, but I;m sure there has to be some way to work arround the holes in the data and still come up with a good picture of a drivers performance

I'm a math guy too and have a question. It was said that if a driver refuses a combo, it skews data. Are you referring to his personal data or is there a summary of group data that it skews? If that is the case, then I would suggest to omit that driver's data for that week. I would think that gets rid of the outliers or potential for inaccurate data. Just a thought.

It skews forgive points because there is a multiplier based on how many people race for prize points

Back