2016 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,093 comments
Neil Bonnett drove it at Talladega one year (It was 1993), rolling the car into the catchfence, leading to a loooooong red flag delay for fence repairs. I remember my local television station showing over an hour of Tour De France coverage during the break. :indiff:

Neil Bonnett drove it at Talladega one year (It was 1993), rolling the car into the catchfence, leading to a loooooong red flag delay for fence repairs. I remember my local television station showing over an hour of Tour De France coverage during the break. :indiff:

Is this the crash where they further reinforced the catch fence (since 1987) until 2000 when Bodine had his horrible crash at Daytona?

Imma throw on my tin foil hat and say NASCAR is putting that bad boy in victory lane on Sunday. :P

I think it's kind of a shame that this is the first time the livery has been used since the start of throwbacks, I really would have expected it to be in there the first year (or maybe it was and I'm blind.)

I always thought Jr. should run that livery once, but it's still really cool to see that an Earnhardt will use it in a race.
Didn't he run something like it 2006/2007? Remember him in a black car at Talledega. He spun out and wrecked the transmission or something though and so it was short lived.

Found it: :D
DEjr_06BlackTributeLARGE.jpg

Flashback and a half to a decade ago...I suddenly feel old. :ill:

Didn't he run something like it 2006/2007? Remember him in a black car at Talledega. He spun out and wrecked the transmission or something though and so it was short lived.

Found it: :D
DEjr_06BlackTributeLARGE.jpg

Flashback and a half to a decade ago...I suddenly feel old. :ill:
Man I remember being salty about having to go to school since that race was on a Monday due to rain.

Sounds more and more like NASCAR is going to either wait a year to hopefully get a better deal on the sponsorship (the main series would be renamed the "NASCAR Premier Cup") or sign a short term agreement with a company for a year or two. Merchandise manufacturers are currently going with the Premier Cup name for next year, so they would need to decide what they are doing quick

Sounds more and more like NASCAR is going to either wait a year to hopefully get a better deal on the sponsorship (the main series would be renamed the "NASCAR Premier Cup") or sign a short term agreement with a company for a year or two. Merchandise manufacturers are currently going with the Premier Cup name for next year, so they would need to decide what they are doing quick

Sounds eerily similar to McLaren's title sponsor saga from a few years ago.

Phase 1: "We're close to a new deal."
Phase 2: "We've decided to hold off for now"
Phase 3: "Title sponsors are an outdated concept"

:lol:

"Man, I tell you what, Daddy would have said 'Aint no concussion gonna stop me' and raced, but he also didnt see what this new chase format is..."

For real though, it will be cool to have one of the sports best plate racers commentate a plate race

Ew, why don't they put it back to the original "Grand National Series" that would be a million times better and they might be able to get old timer fans who've gone away to get back into it a little.
If not that, then just do what the video games did with Winston, NASCAR Cup Series. Hell, it's not like a lot of people don't address it as such anyway.

From Jayski:
NASCAR announced a multi-year agreement with Old World Industries (OWI) to make PEAK title sponsor of the NASCAR Mexico Series, which will run a full slate of races in 2017 and ensuing seasons. The NASCAR PEAK Mexico Series will kick off with an exhibition race on Dec. 3-4 in Mexico City. Its 10th season will begin in 2017 with a full championship schedule that will be announced at a later date.

Jayski just reported this. WOW

"hearing Biffle will leave Roush Fenway Racing and go to a second team fielded by JTG Daugherty Racing. No word if the team would secure a charter."

Jayski just reported this. WOW

"hearing Biffle will leave Roush Fenway Racing and go to a second team fielded by JTG Daugherty Racing. No word if the team would secure a charter."

Not exactly surprising, the 16 hasn't had much sponsorship lately has it? I think Roush is beginning to or has been struggling for money since Edwards left. I hope they bring Buescher back from the 34 if true though, it would be pretty crummy of them to leave him there if the seat is actually open.

Jack appears to be piloting this figurative plane about as well as the last real one he crashed.

Not exactly surprising, the 16 hasn't had much sponsorship lately has it? I think Roush is beginning to or has been struggling for money since Edwards left. I hope they bring Buescher back from the 34 if true though, it would be pretty crummy of them to leave him there if the seat is actually open.

Jack appears to be piloting this figurative plane about as well as the last real one he crashed.

Before that even, he's lost plenty of cash cows in the last 20 years. And some before they even retired, Kenseth was as big a blow to Roush as Edwards.

Yep, just this week Kellogg's decided to not renew their sponsorship of the 16 for next year

Back