2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
I don’t think that was a bad Sandown 500. Certainly not amongst the best but there were some fun moments and some commendable drives.

The top 5 all drove superbly but I found myself most impressed by Estre and Payne. Estre has adapted really well to the Mustang Supercar, and Payne put in a solid drive during his stint. They could be a genuine threat at Bathurst. It’s just a massive bummer we didn’t really get the chance to see how the other top Ford drivers would have faired.

Such bizarre incidents. Kind of good they happened here and not at “300 km/h at the fastest corner in Australia!”.

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0638.JPG
IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0641.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_0644.JPG
IMG_0645.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0649.JPG
IMG_0650.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG
IMG_0654.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG
IMG_0657.JPG
IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0664.JPG

It was a good day indeed.

A move into the 21st century. Just a shame that it wasn't pre-season wind tunnel tests. Might have saved them some trouble in hindsight.

Imagine this happens at Bathurst. It ain’t gonna be pretty that’s for sure.
At the end of Conrod straight would be a nightmare. Wonder why the article didn't mention what car it was that lost the wheel though? Weird.

Last edited:
A move into the 21st century. Just a shame that it wasn't pre-season wind tunnel tests. Might have saved them some trouble in hindsight.

At the end of Conrod straight would be a nightmare. Wonder why the article didn't mention what car it was that lost the wheel though? Weird.
I’m not sure why they haven’t named the team. Maybe for legal issues maybe because it’s not in race conditions. A fan more than likely was onboard at the time of the failure, which would’ve made the experience memorable that’s for sure. But still another issue that needs to be addressed quickly.

There's just way too much going on in Supercars land at the moment, with Tim Edwards and SVG leaving, all the driver movement, parity issues (engines), more parity issues (aero), and now we also have parity issues (CoG again). Such an odd season :indiff:

Something good has come out of it though...

Allen-De-Silvestro-Bathurst-wildcard-DJRT.jpg

... and I honestly think they should run one of the regular cars with this colour livery and keep the other red always.

Also, great write up @ScottPye20 👍

Edit: About the lost wheel from the ride day, apparently it was another wheel bearing issue (so not the same as GT's issue), and apparently Will Brown's car, and the tinfoil hat brigade on SpeedCafe are saying it wasn't mentioned who lost it because it was a Camaro. ****en idiots! :lol:

Last edited:

What? So they’ve been lying the entire time then. The sport needs new management. Seriously. What a joke. I didn’t want to go to Singapore, and I’m glad it’s not happening, but why couldn’t they put the effort into making the sport better currently in its homeland. Rather than trying to get into markets where no one cares about this sport. Just stupid if you ask me.

What? So they’ve been lying the entire time then. The sport needs new management. Seriously. What a joke. I didn’t want to go to Singapore, and I’m glad it’s not happening, but why couldn’t they put the effort into making the sport better currently in its homeland. Rather than trying to get into markets where no one cares about this sport. Just stupid if you ask me.
Oh thank god.

Unchanged lineup for PremiAir Racing for 2024.

Good thing I changed my username, hey? Scott Pye always gets the rough end of the stick and I'm annoyed that he won't have a full-time drive next year. He deserved it but money talks unfortunately. Hopefully he can stand on the top step of the podium at either Sandown or Bathurst as a co-driver, because his driving days are far from over.

Hopefully he can stand on the top step of the podium at either Sandown or Bathurst as a co-driver, because his driving days are far from over.
Interesting to see where Pye ends up. No doubt he'll be high on the list for a few teams as a co-driver. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Triple 8 if SVG can't make it for the enduro's.

Last edited:

Typical of Supercars. One step forward, two steps back. :rolleyes:

The Mustang has a 1.3mm CoG gain from the addition of the new lighter panels so the Camaro gets to remove it's adjusted CoG weights and put them back in the lower position without any CoG testing. :boggled:

BTW, the Camaro had an 2.3mm advantage before their CoG adjustment earlier in the year so in theory they've just been handed a 1mm CoG advantage by the brains trust at Supercars.

Do Supercars not realize that many tiny advantages to one side lead to that side being the dominant brand?

Edit: We also have this...

:rolleyes: So on the eve of Bathurst we could have another, albeit minor, change to the Mustang aero and during the course of (I presume during or at the end of practice sessions) further adjustments to the shift cut of the Camaro.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention the newest version in the wheel nut saga will be put to the test at Bathurst as well. I mean really? What better place than Bathurst to test this 💩? :dunce::dopey:

Last edited:
Such a weird series it’s become. All the hard fought races these drivers had moving up the ranks. Just wanting to be in the series they watched as kids and now, to a part of this broken era. Sure, there have been wild times throughout, since 1993 through Gen2, but this is crazy they(SC) can’t get their act together.
It’s almost as if the SC drivers should bail and start racing karts, Excels and (GR)86s.

Frustrated Fan, who doesn’t know whether to keep believing something good will happen or just not care any longer.

Frustrated Fan, who doesn’t know whether to keep believing something good will happen or just not care any longer.
You and me both.

It's got to the extent that we're all (most of my family members) going out to lunch on the Saturday of the Bathurst weekend and won't be home until after the Top Ten Shootout has finished. This is something that's simply unheard of in my motorsport loving family's history.

Typical of Supercars. One step forward, two steps back. :rolleyes:

The Mustang has a 1.3mm CoG gain from the addition of the new lighter panels so the Camaro gets to remove it's adjusted CoG weights and put them back in the lower position without any CoG testing. :boggled:

BTW, the Camaro had an 2.3mm advantage before their CoG adjustment earlier in the year so in theory they've just been handed a 1mm CoG advantage by the brains trust at Supercars.

Do Supercars not realize that many tiny advantages to one side lead to that side being the dominant brand?

Edit: We also have this...

:rolleyes: So on the eve of Bathurst we could have another, albeit minor, change to the Mustang aero and during the course of (I presume during or at the end of practice sessions) further adjustments to the shift cut of the Camaro.

Edit 2: I forgot to mention the newest version in the wheel nut saga will be put to the test at Bathurst as well. I mean really? What better place than Bathurst to test this 💩? :dunce::dopey:
I think they are gonna be a lot of safety cars during the race due to these parts failing and the of course usual drama. But whoever wins this race, it won’t be on pace it’ll be on who survives to the end.

I say revert to the 2014 cars. Betty still has the AMGs. The Nissans are like new.
At least 2015 so Ford can bring out the FG X :lol:

Kinda shame in hindsight, the original Next Gen cars are still the best Supercars regulations post Project Blueprint. Even when ignoring the other manufacturers for just GM and Ford. VF Commodore and FG X stand above the ZB, Mustang and Camaro, Mustang

''According to the Gold Coast Bulletin, he (Adrian Burgess) was seen “staggering” to his car by a Hope Island Resort security officer late on the evening of August 11, Southport Magistrates Court heard.

The security officer followed him home, at which point he reversed his car into the back wall of his garage.''

I wonder if the security officer was a Ford supporter :sly:

I’ve decided to basically blackout all V8Supercars news on my social media, other than V8Sleuth. After the last few years of my interest waning, I’ve really enjoyed this year. Obviously the Fords are an issue but, every single seeing nothing but doom and gloom over the category just made me realise I don’t need to hear or read any of it to enjoy it myself. For me, I’ve never really been aligned to manufacturer like I am with sports teams, so I’m just stoked we have a genuinely interesting battle for the championship, even though no Ford drivers currently have a realistic shot at it.

Back