3DMark (2013 Benchmark Edition)

• Thread starter Pako
  • 122 comments
Yeah I can disable them so they run single. Don't know if i would even get close to those scores running as single compared to quad sli though ;)

I'll try though an see what I get.

Of course a single GPU run will suck compared to a quad-gpu score, but that's part of the fun! :)

Would it make any difference installing this software on an SSD instead of a normal hard drive?

Would it make any difference installing this software on an SSD instead of a normal hard drive?

It really shouldn't. You would differences in load times of each test, but load times are not part of the scoring matrix. If this was PCMark, then yes it would, but being a pure 3D benchmark, I would be highly surprised if it did.

I'm going to have to do a before run with the integrated and an after with the 770. :D

TB - 3570k @ 3.6Ghz - 1 x Intel HD4000 - Air/Air

Edit: Cranking the OC up the 4.0 netted me an extra grand for Ice Storm and a whole... 1 for Fire Strike. :lol:

Last edited:
New drivers out yesterday and my rig has been upgraded to Windows 8.1 and the new score is LOWER than the old one. :grumpy:

New drivers out yesterday and my rig has been upgraded to Windows 8.1 and the new score is LOWER than the old one. :grumpy:
Well, at least you managed to get the new drivers installed... Mine won't install, not even shadowplay will install. :odd:

ShadowPlay requires GeForce Experience so if the latter won't install the former won't either :)

ShadowPlay requires GeForce Experience so if the latter won't install the former won't either :)
Oh I had GeForce Experience installed alright. Working fine.

Prompted to install Shadowplay update... Pressed "install". Window closed and nothing happened. Every single time. -.-

Oh I had GeForce Experience installed alright. Working fine.

Prompted to install Shadowplay update... Pressed "install". Window closed and nothing happened. Every single time. -.-

Doing express or custom install?

Try custom and "uninstall previous driver" or "perform clean install" if you haven't done so already.

6782 - F1GTR - 2500k @ 3.7ghz -[1] x Asus 7970 Matrix Platinum 3GB @ 1100/1650 - air/air

Haven't really bothered to overclock the CPU since I'm still using the stock cooler.

Did a new run, overclocked the 2500K to 4.5ghz now that I have a Noctua NHD14 cooling it. Seems like I have a bit more headroom on the CPU clock since it's on 1.29v at the moment, don't really feel the need to push it further though:

7061 - F1GTR - 2500k @ 4.5ghz -[1] x Asus 7970 Matrix Platinum 3GB @ 1100/1650 - air/air

Doing express or custom install?

Try custom and "uninstall previous driver" or "perform clean install" if you haven't done so already.
I did.

I had to re-install Windows 7 to get it to work. Just awesome. I'll stick with Win7 for now, it just seems like the better choice.

I did.

I had to re-install Windows 7 to get it to work. Just awesome. I'll stick with Win7 for now, it just seems like the better choice.

Ouch! I'm glad I haven't had any issues with 8/8.1. UGH!

Did a new run, overclocked the 2500K to 4.5ghz now that I have a Noctua NHD14 cooling it. Seems like I have a bit more headroom on the CPU clock since it's on 1.29v at the moment, don't really feel the need to push it further though:

7061 - F1GTR - 2500k @ 4.5ghz -[1] x Asus 7970 Matrix Platinum 3GB @ 1100/1650 - air/air

Nice run man! Will get you updated!

Getting a little more adventurous with the overclocking.

7146 TB - 3570k @ 4.0Ghz - 1 x MSI GTX 770 1165/1803 - Air/Air

9616 Gabkicks - i7 920 @ 4.2ghz - 1 x ASUS GTX 780 DCII OC 1215/1556/mhz Air/Air

THis is an old run :) I'll try another and see if i score higher later.

9616 Gabkicks - i7 920 @ 4.2ghz - 1 x ASUS GTX 780 DCII OC 1215/1556/mhz Air/Air

THis is an old run :) I'll try another and see if i score higher later.
We're looking for a 10k breaker with the 780's. ;)

9711 Gabkicks - i7 920 @ 4.242ghz - 1 x ASUS GTX 780 DCII OC 1245/1595/mhz Air/Air

I am tapping out for now lol. cant afford to kill motherboard going for 4.4ghz

G.T
Won't take long if someone with a CPU better than the 920 is involved. :P
Tru dat! ;)

It's nice to see a little from the red team on top every now and then. :)

@Pako - could I get you to update your first post with my last run, please? :D
TB
Getting a little more adventurous with the overclocking.

7146 TB - 3570k @ 4.0Ghz - 1 x MSI GTX 770 1165/1803 - Air/Air

9711 Gabkicks - i7 920 @ 4.242ghz - 1 x ASUS GTX 780 DCII OC 1245/1595/mhz Air/Air

I am tapping out for now lol. cant afford to kill motherboard going for 4.4ghz
Awesome run bro! Nicely done!!!

@TB, got ya covered. (thanks for the reminder) :)

All scores have been updated. 👍

G.T
Won't take long if someone with a CPU better than the 920 is involved. :P

Did you do your run with the reference cooler? I'd love to see the score of your 290X if you decide to slap an aftermarket cooler on it. It should be pretty beast, even more so, at that point.

Back