Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
It's crap in VR too.
Very odd choice of engine.
Possibly the first and the last time it'll ever be used for a sim.
Although not great, my ACC VR experience is not bad, it is stable, clear and look very natural.
AC, with the shader and sol, looks better than ever, but not better that ACC and PCars looks the cleaner but very artificial also.
Not sure anything will improve tomorrow but you might want to play a little bit with your VR settings, the driving in ACC is worth the efforts.

Although not great, my ACC VR experience is not bad, it is stable, clear and look very natural.
AC, with the shader and sol, looks better than ever, but not better that ACC and PCars looks the cleaner but very artificial also.
Not sure anything will improve tomorrow but you might want to play a little bit with your VR settings, the driving in ACC is worth the efforts.
Cockpits looked great, but the environments looked awful. I don't know if my 980Ti/6600k combo isn't up to snuff but I just couldn't get it looking good at 45/ASW.
If anyone with a similar GPU/CPU can offer some settings for VR then I'd be happy to give it another go. I've had it since it was released but have spent less than half an hour in it.

Cockpits looked great, but the environments looked awful. I don't know if my 980Ti/6600k combo isn't up to snuff but I just couldn't get it looking good at 45/ASW.
If anyone with a similar GPU/CPU can offer some settings for VR then I'd be happy to give it another go. I've had it since it was released but have spent less than half an hour in it.
For what it is worth, those are my settings:
C:\Users\*****\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\menuSettings.json
"resolution":
{
"x": 1600,
"y": 1200
},
"useFullscreen": true,
"mirrorQualityLevel": 1,
"maxCarsVisible": 0,
"isMBlurEnabled": false,
"isAATemporal": true,
"colorSaturation": 1,
"sharpen": 0.80000001192092896,
"pixelDensity": 1.5,
"isHDRActive": true,
"mirrorDistance": 8000,
"horizonLock": 1,
"advancedSharpenFilter": false,
"materialsQuality": 0,
"temporalUpsampling": false,
"volumetricFog": false,
"bloomLevel": 0.30000001192092896,
"bloomQuality": 0,
"mirrorsResolution": 1,
"cameraDirtLevel": 3,
"foliageLodQuality": 0.30000001192092896,
"gfxPreset": 4

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...0-full-grid-car-pack-2k-4k-resolutions.24250/

I used the stock (now V2 physics, updated by URD on 11/11/2018 so now it has proper downforce) version of the Nissan and got these results while hotlapping at Suzuka.

I used the M tire and tweaked the aero balance slightly, leaving all else stock (except on the RCF, where I gave it more rear bump, less front bump and moved the brake balance rearward a bit). In defense of the non-URD cars, while I've never driven a GT500 car (lol), they're still really fun to drive, even if they're not quite up to URD standards. Most importantly they do deliver very similar overall performance for offline racing. Even if you don't like the way they drive, you can always just drive the URD Nissan and let the AI have the Toyota and the Honda.

tjXlUU3.png

As you can see, all 3 cars are very well-balanced against one another! Perhaps even more amazingly, they each drive quite differently while delivering very similar overall performance.

And here are the results from 2018. As you can see, the lap times are fairly similar.

Iv3SWF6.png
Just lovely! Thank you so much for you too! :bowdown:

It's crap in VR too.
Very odd choice of engine.
Possibly the first and the last time it'll ever be used for a sim.

I am so glad (and sad at the same time) to hear this! I struggled getting AC2 VR to work early on so I too shelved the title and was hoping for improvements at Title Release. I wasn't sure if it was just me not applying myself to getting VR right, but it sure sounds like it's time to move on until their franchise makes strategic changes for us niche simmers. :bowdown:

Has anyone been able to run all 108 cars in Screen Mode or VR with this Nordschlief track? I get that usual "CPU utilization 99%" warning so decided to run some experiments....... I've changed car LODs to only run on the lowest polygon models and reduced graphics settings to min, and started tweaking my i7-8700k CPU core utilization settings. I know the AC "kernel" code was never designed to handle 108 cars but I have a dream someday to run AI track days at Nordschlief with 108 artificial friends.......:bowdown:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nordschleife-108-grid-spots.15493/

EDIT: Maybe there are some Track Edits that can remove a bunch of polygon objects around the track to help?

All the people bullying ACC as if its out since ages, do you know that its not even at 1.0?

As of tomorrow it will be 1.0. There's still an awful lot of things that need to be fixed in the current build, so I and many others are not optimistic.

I had high hopes for this game. But after their false statement that they would have competitive and scheduled Multiplayer Events(like Iracing) and than admitting that it was a complete lie I am not intrested anymore. It is Project Cars 2 with 190 cars and 40 tracks less. Wow this game is NEVER going to get boring. Not a single Sim had GT3 cars in it before. Sorry but imo Kunos made a big mistake with ACC. AC was so good because of its sandbox system and its accessibility. AC can be everything. Formula racing, GT, Endurance, Rally (kinda), Hillclimb, crusing etc. ACC looks better yes but in every other point it is simply worse than its predecessor.
Source btw.https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...t-have-competitive-multiplayer-events.168348/
Did you see this post https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/multiplayer-rating-1-0.57088/

Hey guys

I could really need your help:

I tried my best, but I don't know how to fix the problem....:banghead:View attachment 823266

Maybe lay off the mushrooms? :lol:

Must be. I only have a 1070 and I've not played it a lot but nothing in ACC looks anywhere near "awful" on my system. I've not played since about the third build so I'm sure it's improved since then, it didn't look perfect in VR but well beyond "good enough" for my eyes.

" are not optimistic." then just jump, you need a push?

Bought it on early access for cheap, no need for a push, thanks.

I had high hopes for this game. But after their false statement that they would have competitive and scheduled Multiplayer Events(like Iracing) and than admitting that it was a complete lie I am not intrested anymore. It is Project Cars 2 with 190 cars and 40 tracks less. Wow this game is NEVER going to get boring. Not a single Sim had GT3 cars in it before. Sorry but imo Kunos made a big mistake with ACC. AC was so good because of its sandbox system and its accessibility. AC can be everything. Formula racing, GT, Endurance, Rally (kinda), Hillclimb, crusing etc. ACC looks better yes but in every other point it is simply worse than its predecessor.
Source btw.https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...t-have-competitive-multiplayer-events.168348/

We already have AC for the sandbox system, and it continues to get better with age. ACC is their first move to a new and unknown engine, they said they wanted to start with a single series because it's much easier to update a few cars (that all have similar specs/tires) than a whole shedload of them, and this makes it easier for them to learn the new engine and crank out updates faster. If they'd tried to make another AC on this engine we wouldn't have had the game for at least another couple years. So you can either have no game for a couple years or you can have a game focused on a single series (and oh btw has official support from the official Blancpain series) right now. Seems like a simple choice to me.

New Nvidia driver aimed at ACC released today may improve things a little for you.

All the people bullying ACC as if its out since ages, do you know that its not even at 1.0?

Can a computer game be bullied?

I got my copy of ACC for £18 so can't wait to get the full game tomorrow which retails at 34.99.....
That there, is how i like it.
Who actually buys games at full price? Like who ever purchased the PCars 2 delux edition for £70?
Astounds me.

Can a computer game be bullied?

I got my copy of ACC for £18 so can't wait to get the full game tomorrow which retails at 34.99.....
That there, is how i like it.
Who actually buys games at full price? Like who ever purchased the PCars 2 delux edition for £70?
Astounds me.

If I had hardware at the time to run the game flawlessly I would have, just because they included the '93 CALSONIC GT-R R32 as a Deluxe exclusive. I always wanted to know what it's like to drive that car in a sim. I know there's a mod, but there's always doubt as to whether believe the physics or not.

So, there you have it, a reason to do such a thing.

HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY OF MODDERS NEEDED!

BMW M8 GTE FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 model (95% working)

upload_2019-5-28_21-19-49.png

upload_2019-5-29_0-10-36.png

— driver position to fix
— central display/mirror to fix
— LCD screen fonts to fix
— some shaders to fix here and there on the car

Wheels, suspensions, brake discs, wiper animation, damage glass and RPM leds taken from the BMW M8 I've reworked.
Headlights and brake lights work.

Who can help me/the community, please send me a private message, so I can give him the download link of the car folder and the .fbx 3D model, texture folder included.
Eventually I can create the LODs when the car is fixed and ready for driving, if necessary.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that's just the random placement parameters (or the movement vectors) clashing. It's something I worked hard to avoid on the tracks that I've added balloons and blimps to. If you restart the track they're probably in totally different positions.
I have to be extra careful now that helicopters are in the mix. I don't want any more concerned citizens writing to their MPs.

I understood that reference!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back