Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Unpopular opinion. You do you, but I don't hate the new Sim Dream F1 cars.
I can't speak for others, but I play AC in VR and in that viewing mode, 95% of them look horrendous.
The bodywork looks like it is made out of single piece of sheet steel, the drivers feet fuze with the pedals, drivers do not have a five-point harness on (they just casually drive around without any belt whatsoever.. 😁), the suspension of the car more often than not looks like it just touches the wheels without actually being connected to it and so on...

Sound is pretty decent though and from the outside they look okay.
Therefore I use them as #gridfillers.

umb
How I can see which track have geotag enabled? thx!
geo.jpg

I can't speak for others, but I play AC in VR and in that viewing mode, 95% of them look horrendous.
The bodywork looks like it is made out of single piece of sheet steel, the drivers feet fuze with the pedals, drivers do not have a five-point harness on (they just casually drive around without any belt whatsoever.. 😁), the suspension of the car more often than not looks like it just touches the wheels without actually being connected to it and so on...

Sound is pretty decent though and from the outside they look okay.
Therefore I use them as #gridfillers.
100% I drive on a single 43-inch 4k monitor. (An LG TV, in truth).
I'm pretty tolerant of shortcomings in mirrors, shifting animations, most stuff in the cockpit below the eye-line, and the like.
More sensitive to handling, FFB, sound. All about immersion, with the gear I have.
Different folks, different strokes, all welcome 👍

You mean something like this?

Blender-C-Users-sangelis-Desktop-Killarney-KILLARNEYFINAL-blend-1-3-2022-13-26-17.png
Ooh, nice. The only Killarney version I've got is Legion's without the bridge, where the hotlap start is in a field adjacent to the track.
Prototype (he did the excellent Kyalami a few years ago) was working on a version (I even did a Killarney blimp for him) but it's gone very quiet since.

Last edited:
Ooh, nice. The only Killarney version I've got is Legion's without the bridge, where the hotlap start is in a field adjacent to the track.
Prototype (he did the excellent Kyalami a few years ago) was working on a version (I even did a Killarney blimp for him) but it's gone very quiet since.
Ehmmmm, blimp you said??? Do you think that we can included it? Track is almost ready. Now I am adjusting the oval grid and some last details. If you are interested I will send you the beta to take a look

Last edited:
Ehmmmm, blimp you said??? Do you think that we can included it? Track is almost ready. Now I am adjusting the oval grid and some last details. If you are interested I will send you the beta to take a look
Sure you want it? It's pretty agricultural.
Edit: it's included in the track link below if you want it.

Screenshot_bkr_toyota_gr86_timeattack_killarney_1-3-122-15-2-13.jpg

Last edited:
I missed this one. Would it be possible to have a link ?
This is what I've got. I think it might be unfinished (eg the hotlap start point is borked) but drives OK. I've pissed about with it a bit (can't remember - it was ~2 years ago) and was using it to test some SA balloon skins and stuff.

100% I drive on a single 43-inch 4k monitor. (An LG TV, in truth).
I'm pretty tolerant of shortcomings in mirrors, shifting animations, most stuff in the cockpit below the eye-line, and the like.
More sensitive to handling, FFB, sound. All about immersion, with the gear I have.
Different folks, different strokes, all welcome 👍
Absolutely, my friend! :)

Rudskogen MotorSenter
v1.1 update

rudskogen_motorsenter_08.jpg

Changelog:

v1.1

-- updated terrain meshes (optimise FPS)
-- updated track surface/asphalt
-- removed tires jarred in barriers
-- removed odd-street-lamp
-- added track-lights & FX
-- added new grass & FX
-- converted jpg/png files to DDS (optimise FPS)
-- fixed pitlane for ghosting-effect & speed-limiter
-- updated light-config-values (original included)
-- updated some ad-banners
-- added new pitlane AI
-- added replay-cams
-- added track logo
-- added loading screens
-- added new vao-patch

• CSP required
  • 25 pit/start
  • changelog included

NOTE: CLEAN INSTALLATION RECOMMENDED
(update-link included in video description)

Credits:

v1.0 Beta by Dazzorm
v1.0 Update by @slider666 & @CrisT86
v1.1 Update by @pugsang, @racealot & @Fanapryde

Ok! You win! 🤣 :lol:

Seriously: I mean airplanes and helicopters static in the air.
It depends on the track. Some are set as objects and you can remove the kn5 and the entry from the models.ini to get rid of them.
They should be set as dynamic objects to move, but then the movement also needs to be set in the models.ini.

This is what I've got. I think it might be unfinished (eg the hotlap start point is borked) but drives OK. I've pissed about with it a bit (can't remember - it was ~2 years ago) and was using it to test some SA balloon skins and stuff.
This is an on the fly conversion of the GTR2/rf track - same base as the one I used

Rudskogen MotorSenter
v1.1 update

View attachment 1118811

Changelog:

v1.1

-- updated terrain meshes (optimise FPS)
-- updated track surface/asphalt
-- removed tires jarred in barriers
-- removed odd-street-lamp
-- added track-lights & FX
-- added new grass & FX
-- converted jpg/png files to DDS (optimise FPS)
-- fixed pitlane for ghosting-effect & speed-limiter
-- updated light-config-values (original included)
-- updated some ad-banners
-- added new pitlane AI
-- added replay-cams
-- added track logo
-- added loading screens
-- added new vao-patch

• CSP required
  • 25 pit/start
  • changelog included

NOTE: CLEAN INSTALLATION RECOMMENDED
(update-link included in video description)

Credits:

v1.0 Beta by Dazzorm
v1.0 Update by @slider666 & @CrisT86
v1.1 Update by @pugsang, @racealot & @Fanapryde

Little round of applause for the rocks on this track - they're some of the most convincing I've seen in AC.

Screenshot_mini_cooper_r53_piste_rudskogen_motorsenter_1-3-122-16-34-14.jpg

I was wondering... Does anyone here has ever seen a Lotec car for AC ? Like the C1000 or the Sirius.

Those type of things, if needed :

DSC_0007.jpg

2003-lotec-sirius-4.jpg

I feel like I've seen thousands of cars from thousands or different sources, but actually never a single one of those.

RSS FH X 2022 - F1 2022 Full Season ‘Custom Championship' 1.1​

All Team Skins updated - Russia Removed
bgr01.jpg

Racedepartment: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-fh-x-2022-f1-2022-full-season-‘custom-championship.48033/
GDrive Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing
PLEASE REDOWNLOAD TEAM SKINS
F12022carskins_v10.zip
TO WORK WITH THIS VERSION FROM GDRRIVE _ THANKS
  • V1.1 - All team skins are provided by @shadow118
  • FIA Schedule updated: Week 17 Race in Russia removed from championship
  • All loading screens update for 2022 (some have old team skins - updates later)

Last edited:
Jaguar XJ220S TWR V3.0

Changelog:
-Adjusted and moved the wheels to correct position
-Fixed and redone collider
-Redone AO for the outside and some misc interior parts
-Grilles are now transparent
-Most of the gauges now work (oil,battery,clock,temp) except one
-Added refraction for all of the lights
-Added a 1-6 and R shifter animation
-Added interior lights for the headlights,turn signals,hazard,handbrake,oil,battery and check engine light
for damage.
-Added ambient light for the front outside lights, rear plate and the interior gauges
-Added odometer and renamed the folder to save mileage
-Adjusted torque
-Added csp paint
-Added new street tires
-Brakes adjusted
-Corrected speedo and rpm gauge
-Adjusted flames
-Added rear plates (you can customize them in cm)
-Adjusted wiper animation
-Brake calipers now heat up
-Adjusted F6 and bonnet cams
-Redone lods
Hotfix:
resized driver

Known issues:
Handbrake light flickers when in 1st person in a replay
there are some artifacts in the interior which i wasn't able to fix

Note: In case your PC can't handle the 4K AO i left a KN5 copy with a 2K res AO
Also if you want to reach its max top speed increase the rev limiter to 105 (max) and raise the tire pressure all the way up)

Credits: Dragster666: conversion to AC, Slightly Mad Studios: 3D Model/textures, Turn 10: Turn signal mesh/textures
GIBBONS- Beta testing/Feedback
Feel free to give me critique or feedback if something is wrong with the mod like physics,visual stuff ect.....
View attachment 1114524

Not sure if you're still working on this car or if you've moved onto the TVR but I had a quick play with a driver swap/rescale/reposition and new shifting animation for VR users, if you wanted to give it a go.
It's not perfect and is the usual compromise (round pegs into square holes etc) but for VR I think it looks better than the original 'itchy-bollocked midget' driver ;) . Driving/steering posture now feels more natural and the shifting action is a pretty good fit. If the footwell wasn't so shallow and the pedals moved back a bit (easy fixes I'm guessing?) then it'd be a big improvement, but TBH feet clipping through the pedals is pretty normal in the world of AC mods.
The driver leans forward in the seat but it's not something you notice when driving.
Remove the .txt from the attached and add the files to the car folder. Backup first, of course. Let me know what you think.
If you are still working on it, just a reminder that the speedo/tacho needles don't track parallel to the face of the dials, they stick out at an angle.

Screenshot_ds666_jaguar_xj220s_road_one_international_1-3-122-17-59-12.jpgScreenshot_ds666_jaguar_xj220s_road_one_international_1-3-122-17-58-57.jpgScreenshot_ds666_jaguar_xj220s_road_one_international_1-3-122-17-58-34.jpg

Attachments

• ds666_jaguar_xj220s.7z.txt
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back