Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,774 comments
I read a few posts where people are having the game "stutter" recently and I just started to have an issue with it as well for the past while. I don't know why, I'm a firm believer of if its not broke don't fix it, so its not from changing settings or messing around with things, but maybe someone more tech savvy than I may have an idea what's going on. I've attached a pic of two screen shots of Afterburner, taken during gameplay. My concern is why the GPU usage is constant with one car in practice, but fluctuating so dramatically on a full grid of cars racing. I'm running a 2070 super 8gb, and just recently started to experience this, as previously the GPU would always by maxxed during gameplay but still very smooth with playable FPS.

STUTTER.png

Continue defending a guy that steals other people's mods and repost them on his site and not sharing his 'updates' with the original modder, way to go mate
for you maybe, not for me, LODs are essential for me to be able to run races with several cars without performance problems, since simplygon was stop many modders haven't been looking for workarounds, but ACTK must have found one because he's still making them. Yes, I like his work because it's not just reuploading but optimizing and correcting minor bugs, but if creators were a little more careful, he wouldn't need to touch them. When I ask him for a correction, he does it without any problem, and I'm sure that if modders asked him for a correction, he'd do it out of pleasure.

I read a few posts where people are having the game "stutter" recently and I just started to have an issue with it as well for the past while. I don't know why, I'm a firm believer of if its not broke don't fix it, so its not from changing settings or messing around with things, but maybe someone more tech savvy than I may have an idea what's going on. I've attached a pic of two screen shots of Afterburner, taken during gameplay. My concern is why the GPU usage is constant with one car in practice, but fluctuating so dramatically on a full grid of cars racing. I'm running a 2070 super 8gb, and just recently started to experience this, as previously the GPU would always by maxxed during gameplay but still very smooth with playable FPS.

View attachment 1363439
thats just the cpu bottleneck. in single player the cpu has not realy to do many. so the gpu can reach its maximum performance. But with 32 Ai the CPU is fully loaded doing physics and other stuff and so the GPU must wait for the end of that cycle to get the data for the graphics to draw and it has not realy much to do in that big time frame.

So just think about, that your CPU can't reach 90 fps with 32 AI currently. So the only thing you could do is reducing AI or gaining CPU speed. Maybe the car mod has its influence on that too.

And if you just want to technically reach your GPUs limits with 32 AI, you could just increase graphics settings like extraFX or other expensive graphics settings, but it will not gain your fps, it will just gain the time the gpu needs to draw the frame and so it will again reach that flat line.

Last edited:
for you maybe, not for me, LODs are essential for me to be able to run races with several cars without performance problems, since simplygon was stop many modders haven't been looking for workarounds, but ACTK must have found one because he's still making them. Yes, I like his work because it's not just reuploading but optimizing and correcting minor bugs, but if creators were a little more careful, he wouldn't need to touch them. When I ask him for a correction, he does it without any problem, and I'm sure that if modders asked him for a correction, he'd do it out of pleasure.
But he could at least ask or say, hey, here are some errors that I could fix

i try to use the Cockpit from the FM4 Astra for the Vectra

__custom_showroom_1717357828.jpg

Last edited:
Marc the problem is not what he does but how he does it. Then, just to say, it's not the modder who has to "ask", if anything it's the opposite, which never happens. And as for the optimization question, well I don't want to come up with the same story over and over again. But if he is happy like this, then we are all happy.

Lately he "add" cockpit_HR in cars that already have it, yeah really helpfull to the community...

CAR UPDATE :

PIPER GTR V1.1

- Now in 2 cars : the Piper GTR 1.3l and the Piper GTR 2.0l
Those are the 2 real existing versions of the car. The first one being made for Le Mans, the later being made for Chris Barber racing with a BMW engine. The 2 liter one is probably the best choice for racing against the WSC pack. No particular difference between the 2 cars, except the power/engine.

- Completely new physics (for both), made by the one and only GØD
And it is uncomparably better than the Frankenstein I did first. Now if feels like a proper Piper!

And also :
  • New LODs, correctly made this time
  • Cockpit_LR added to LOD_A
  • shadow fix by Masscot
  • side windows re-made, with the little hole on the top and opened on the driver's side
  • Wheels resized
  • New collider by GØD, for cleaner racing
  • Probably a few other things that I forgot

Enjoy !

when he notes that the COCKPIT_HR was incomplete
The guy is a hack job, He "updates" tracks and cars with literally 0 info on what he changed. His constant "added data to data.acd" only for it to be the exact same is an on going joke already with people that deal with his constant garbage.

He knows 100% where all the modders are, He's in majority of the big servers otherwise he would not be actively finding the mods the same days they come out. The only reason he dont contact the modders who's mod he modifies is cause he wants to upload his "versions" to sharemods and modsfire and earn 0.00001$ for each download.

Hack job trough and trough.

image_2024-06-09_205331808.png

Last edited:

View attachment 1363439
The stutters are the reason I cannot update to the newest version of CSP, which then means I can't use the latest version of Pure. I'm still using Pure 0.193 and CSP 1.80preview9 because that's the last combo without the micro stutters. With every new CSP version I give it another try and they are still there. I've eliminated it being a Pure issue because it still exists even when I use Pure 0.193 with the newest version of CSP. But for the life of me, I cannot figure out what has changed in newer CSP versions that introduced these occasional micro stutters.

The guy is a hack job, He "updates" tracks and cars with literally 0 info on what he changed. His constant "added data to data.acd" only for it to be the exact same is an on going joke already with people that deal with his constant garbage.

He knows 100% where all the modders are, He's in majority of the big servers otherwise he would not be actively finding the mods the same days they come out. The only reason he dont contact the modders who's mod he modifies is cause he wants to upload his "versions" to sharemods and modsfire and earn 0.00001$ for each download.

Hack job trough and trough.
If we follow your reasoning, what do we call modders who use torn 3D models from other games that end up on patreon, elite hackers
? :D

Last edited:
CAR UPDATE :

PIPER GTR V1.1

- Now in 2 cars : the Piper GTR 1.3l and the Piper GTR 2.0l
Those are the 2 real existing versions of the car. The first one being made for Le Mans, the later being made for Chris Barber racing with a BMW engine. The 2 liter one is probably the best choice for racing against the WSC pack. No particular difference between the 2 cars, except the power/engine.

- Completely new physics (for both), made by the one and only GØD
And it is uncomparably better than the Frankenstein I did first. Now if feels like a proper Piper!

And also :
  • New LODs, correctly made this time
  • Cockpit_LR added to LOD_A
  • shadow fix by Masscot
  • side windows re-made, with the little hole on the top and opened on the driver's side
  • Wheels resized
  • New collider by GØD, for cleaner racing
  • Probably a few other things that I forgot

Enjoy !
Only took half a dozen attempts to get it from GTP downloads, but it eventually got to the end without disconnecting and restarting from scratch. :lol:

@Peter Boese in the default WeatherFX debug app, rain thickness can apparently be overridden at set at 0mm, enabling the full wet visuals but without the loss of grip.
Does such an option exist in Pure, letting us enjoy the visual rain effects in full glory but maintaining normal grip?
This would be very useful in races where changeable weather is wanted (eg, the race starts dry and sunny, but then a thunderstorm rolls in and dumps its load for a lap or two, then the sun comes out again and the race finishes dry) without the need to pit twice to change tyres just so you can stay on the track. Pit stops in AC are pretty clunky and normally involve teleporting and ghost cars, so are often best avoided to maintain immersion.

View attachment 1363439
I would be curious to know what your VRAM usage looks like during the race with 32 opponents.

@Peter Boese in the default WeatherFX debug app, rain thickness can apparently be overridden at set at 0mm, enabling the full wet visuals but without the loss of grip.
Does such an option exist in Pure, letting us enjoy the visual rain effects in full glory but maintaining normal grip?
This would be very useful in races where changeable weather is wanted (eg, the race starts dry and sunny, but then a thunderstorm rolls in and dumps its load for a lap or two, then the sun comes out again and the race finishes dry) without the need to pit twice to change tyres just so you can stay on the track. Pit stops in AC are pretty clunky and normally involve teleporting and ghost cars, so are often best avoided to maintain immersion.
This ^. I can workaround the pit stops by modifying the cars' car.ini to use Version 1 physics, so they don't pit, but some are encrypted and I can't do that for those. I also feel like I'm hacking the heck out of cars just so they don't pit in the rain which feels ick. In addition, if I use or mod the car.ini on the car I'm driving in the grid, I can also drive in rain without loosing grip. I don't like doing all this, it's a pain. If there were a way, as Masscot was talking about to keep the awesome rain visuals without the 'physics' and 'pitting ai' of it, that would be grand. I mean it, man that would make me do the happy dance.

__custom_showroom_1717970181.jpg

Review of my AC projects:

F1 2026 Alpha version to download tomorrow. It will include active aero system (as a only DRS atm) and a liveriable car (i wouldnt recommend doing liveries because this could change in future versions)

F2 was about to be released until I realized of some mesh poor quality sections. Then I redid the whole bodywork from 0, and some other things. I stoped due inactivity and complexity on the UV map. If someone can help me doing the UV map, feel free to contact me!

1717970540791.png

Detroit Street Circuit will be updated this week as we are updating the whole track with the new 2024 updates (will update this post with pics later) It will include new billboards, with that flag stripes effect on it, the new runoff in the port, new textures, new and more different kind of asphalts, better surroundings and more things i dont remember, or maybe nothin else, idk

1717970750390.png
1717970793786.png
1717970866316.png

Last edited:
I'm getting back into track making... (anxious as my memory sucks... don't remember how I did anything tbh). lol

Wondering if as a community, do we have a 'bucket' of good trees and veggie that we have collected and are using at this point to prevent ****ty tree syndrome. The trees I used on "Little Baja" are atrocious. I thought I was using the same ones I used on my Philippines tracks, but I don't think that's the case.

EDIT: haha, I thought about this and I certainly didn't use the same trees I used for my Phillipines tracks. I had to make the palm trees from scratch now that I remember. But it was tropical vs. baja desert. So wouldn't be the same. Victory for my bad memory this morning. w00tzors.

Last edited:
Question for the car mod guys. The TRR McLaren 720s sits too low as you can see in the attached pic. The tyres are showing through the top of the wheel well. What is the easiest way to raise the body of the car visually in a way that it won't impact how the car handles. Thanks for any advice...

acs.jpg

anyone know of a way to convert Nr2003 tracks? Would like to do/have Walt disney World speedway done but have no idea how. I know its possible because the Nazareth mod is a Nr conversion for sure

Question for the car mod guys. The TRR McLaren 720s sits too low as you can see in the attached pic. The tyres are showing through the top of the wheel well. What is the easiest way to raise the body of the car visually in a way that it won't impact how the car handles. Thanks for any advice...

View attachment 1363501
You just need to edit the graphical offset in the car.ini inside the data folder. I'd however suggest just deleting anything made by TRR.

anyone know of a way to convert Nr2003 tracks? Would like to do/have Walt disney World speedway done but have no idea how. I know its possible because the Nazareth mod is a Nr conversion for sure
I was just asking about this on one of our discords a while back. I needed the DW Speedway for a custom championship I was setting up. I still have not found one anywhere. If I ever get a good roll on my return from my track making hiatus, it might be one that I take a look at making. I dunno. But if you find a version, please let us know. I had to ommit it from my championship, booo.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back