Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,289 comments
Thanks for your work Joe, just tried it and noticed a problem with missing kerbs textures when using the Pyyer 2024 layout. Problem does not occur when using one of the original layouts.

Oh and to confirm, the skins would not work when using Pyyer's layout? I tried the grass and road ones while using his 2024 layout and it made no visibile differences.

EDIT:
Additional issue I've noticed, some of the trees clip with various elements oin the side of track. I'm guessing it is because in the 2024 layout Pyyer added elements which were not present before?

Overall I definitely like your work, thanks a lot. Your version combined with Pyyer's 2024 layout is really nice.
Just a few glitches to fix and a way to be able to use your skins and it would be perfect ;)
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into the issues. I don't have the original fn version so I have no real way to compare what it should look like with what it does look like on my version.

EDIT: I just had a quick look to see what was going on. I'm wondering if you installed everything correctly because I have the updated kerbs and the skins work just fine. You are correct about the clipping though. He added a few walls\walkways around the track where there are trees on my version.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into the issues. I don't have the original fn version so I have no real way to compare what it should look like with what it does look like on my version.

EDIT: I just had a quick look to see what was going on. I'm wondering if you installed everything correctly because I have the updated kerbs and the skins work just fine. You are correct about the clipping though. He added a few walls\walkways around the track where there are trees on my version. Since I used the trees from the original track, that would be an issue on Fenryr's version as well unless he removed those trees from his latest version.
It's available for free here if you want to have a look at it: https://www.patreon.com/posts/hungaroring-v1-0-76742173
Otherwise I'll try to take some screenshots for you later this evening.

;)

EDIT: I just had a quick look to see what was going on. I'm wondering if you installed everything correctly because I have the updated kerbs and the skins work just fine. You are correct about the clipping though. He added a few walls\walkways around the track where there are trees on my version.
I'm having the same problem as Schussnik - inside and outside of T5, 6, and 7. I assume that's the yellow/green(black?) painted section? I followed your instructions as well (first your track, then Pyyer extension, then your compatible files last)

It's available for free here if you want to have a look at it: https://www.patreon.com/posts/hungaroring-v1-0-76742173
Otherwise I'll try to take some screenshots for you later this evening.

;)
I found the problem with the missing kerbs. There are a couple of references to fn_hungaroring.kn5 that I missed changing to rj_hungaroring.kn5. It will be added to an update coming shortly. I'm also going to change the trees for the 2024 layout so they are not imbedded in the new wall.

HungaroringACC

My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track made to look the way I prefer. There are two versions you can try so please don't skip reading the rest of this post. Both are standalone versions so they won't mess with the original tracks and can easily be deleted if you don't care for my changes.

rj_hungaroringACC: My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track with too many changes to describe. I would suggest starting with this track to make sure you like the changes. If you do then I would delete this and download the track below.

Link: rj_hungaroringACC

rj_hungaroring: A standalone version of Fenryr's fn_hungaroring track made to look like the above rj_hungaroringACC track. Fenryr's version is far superior to what I did with the separate GT and F1 layouts, the compatibility with Pyyer's F1 2023 extension and other numerous improvements he made. I would highly suggest you use this version instead of mine, but that's your choice.

Now for the confusing part and I hope language barriers don't make this hard to understand. The changes I made to the rj_hungaroring track kind of messed up Pyyer's 2023 F1 mod for the track. If you use the Fenryr F1 2023 mod from Pyyer, I included the changed files needed in order for it too work properly. First you will want to install Pyyer's mod into the track folder. Then extract all the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_F1_2023_mod' folder from the download package and overwrite when it asks.

Link: rj_hungaroring

Credits:
Original track: Tom Steel, Junshen Wu and Fenryr. Apologies to anyone else who may have been involved.
Sections file: @Quikslvr
AC_Crew files: @Kurt Woods
Crowd file: @ludwig6666
AI File: Thockard
Additional replay camera and one alternative lighting.ini file: @Gregz0r
Config changes, night lights setup and additional replay cameras: @CrisT86

Track skins:

There are a bunch of track skins you can use or delete if you don't need them. You can combine any of the skins together. The two Diffuse skins change the color tone of the grass a bit over the default look. They add progressively more blue tint. The Grass Dry, Grass Greenish and Grass Lush skins are self explanatory. The Seasonal Trees skin will change the tree textures to give a more seasonal accurate look. I.E., bare in the winter, semi leafless in the late fall, etc. The AC_Crew skins will change the pitlane crew objects to have series specific sponsors.

Notes:

-- The original track did not have a lighting.ini file. If you don't care for the lighting from the sun, go into the data folder for any of the layouts. Rename one of the included alternative lighting files to lighting.ini and see if you prefer one of the alternatives. I prefer the one named lighting_old from @Gregz0r .
-- As always, any shader value I changed from it's original value gets placed in the Shader Stuff section that you can edit to get a look you prefer.
-- If you find the trees lack shadow depth, open up the track's ext_config file and look for this section (it's near the bottom). Change it's ACTIVE state to 0:

[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = trees?
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

View attachment 1347451
I think I got it this time. Please let me know if I still missed anything.

Link has been updated for the rj_hungaroring version to include support for Pyyer's F1 layouts. To avoid having to download the whole track again, just use the link below to get the updated F1 layout files.

Notes:

-- For the Pyyer F1 layouts, install his extensions first into the rj_hungaroring folder. Then extract the files from the link below and overwrite anything it asks.

Pyyer F1 mod updates

Last edited:
I found the problem with the missing kerbs. There are a couple of references to fn_hungaroring.kn5 that I missed changing to rj_hungaroring.kn5. It will be added to an update coming shortly. I'm also going to change the trees for the 2024 layout so they are not imbedded in the new wall.
With Notepad++ you can find all accurrencies of a string inside all files (even in subfolders)

Just starting with editing AI files.
Here what came out for "Omnitel 1000 km" (aka Palanga) by Neil Shaw and "Palanga" by guid.
At least the AI can make the first chicane after the start... not always :(

Attachments

• Omnitel 1000 km Palanga (Neil Shaw) - AI.zip
    124.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Palanga (guid) - AI.zip
    138.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I made another skin which I'm very proud of, so I share it with you

__custom_showroom_1721593665.jpg

It's Steve Perez and Steve Harris Ford Focus '04 on 2006 RallyRACC Catalunya - Costa Daurada, my home rally.

jha_img_2733.jpg

https://mega.nz/file/lr5lhT7B#O6ZS6pDDXLoqaFP5CRS_kHfMVNA1aSUipeG1TuuYxxI

The car is from kronos, and you should find it here.

I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
I think I got it this time. Please let me know if I still missed anything.

Link has been updated for the rj_hungaroring version to include support for Pyyer's F1 2024 layout. He changed a lot of files in the common folder so I don't know how that might effect the F1 2023 layout. I'm assuming he set up everything so both mods still work the same. To avoid having to download the whole track again, just use the link below to get the updated F1 layout files.

Notes:

-- For the Pyyer F1 layouts, install his extensions first into the rj_hungaroring folder. Then extract the files from the link below and overwrite anything it asks.

Pyyer F1 mod updates
Thanks a lot Sir!

And so regarding your additional grass and road skins, can you confirm if it is normal behavior for them not to work when running Pyeer 's layout?

Thanks a lot Sir!

And so regarding your additional grass and road skins, can you confirm if it is normal behavior for them not to work when running Pyeer 's layout?
The grass should\does work. The road might not because he may have something in one of his configs that overwrites the road textures or changes their shader values. I'd have to look because i'm not sure. I never use his extensions other than to make them work with one of my tracks and the road is not something I ever pay attention to. I'm more concerned with making sure his mesh\object additions show and render correctly.

EDIT: I had a quick look. He does make a shader change to the tarmac that makes it darker. If you want to disable it, go into the common folder and open the ext_config-pyyer-hungaroring-environment-mod.ini file. Change the ACTIVE value for the following section to 0.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = darker asphalt
MATERIALS = asph, runoff
PROP_... = magicMult, 0.7

Last edited:
So a question for those of you who make your own LODs in Blender - is it better to make the LODs as separate Blender files based off the original one, or do you create all the LODs in one Blender file and separate them into different collections to switch on and off?

So a question for those of you who make your own LODs in Blender - is it better to make the LODs as separate Blender files based off the original one, or do you create all the LODs in one Blender file and separate them into different collections to switch on and off?
4 files, one for each lod. That way you don't screw up something you shouldn't from another lod without back-up.

Main Lod first (obviously), then one duplicate for each Lod, in order. so B copied from A, C copied from B, D copied from C, after making your transforms.

4 files, one for each lod. That way you don't screw up something you shouldn't from another lod without back-up.

Main Lod first (obviously), then one duplicate for each Lod, in order. so B copied from A, C copied from B, D copied from C, after making your transforms.
That makes sense. Awesome, thanks!

Lilski new track. Palmer. If you like elavation changes, you need to drive this great track.

It's this exact track that made me ask years ago if it was even possible to convert tracks from Wreckfest (there is an absolutely wonderful rendition of it as a mod for it).

For what I can remember, it was a no, which is a shame as many tracks from there would've been awesome to race "normally".

Glad to see this one finally coming to life here, also :)

It's this exact track that made me ask years ago if it was even possible to convert tracks from Wreckfest (there is an absolutely wonderful rendition of it as a mod for it).

For what I can remember, it was a no, which is a shame as many tracks from there would've been awesome to race "normally".

Glad to see this one finally coming to life here, also :)
Surely converting Wreckfest tracks to AC works just the same as any other game? Just about the matter of ripping it from the game etc?

Hello mates,

I have two issues, if anyone can help me

1) When I'm playing online in some servers, even at nighttime/dawn, my car lights turn off automatically. I try to turn them on, and sometimes they stay on for 2 or 3 seconds, other times they just turn off immediately. I have csp 0.2.4-preview1 + pure and cm.
This only happens online btw. Any hints ?!

2) Whenever I'm racing offline and I set a time on the Pure Planner, when I restart the race, it starts at the time my previous race ended. I know with SOL the time reset with every restart, so I didn't have to keep pushing time back. Is there something I'm missing, or is it just how Pure works ?

Thanks in advance, cheers

Last edited:
Anyone ever encounter this error? With a full grid (22 cars) random GT3/GT2/GTE/OLD Touring cars, my game will be running at 50+fps, then out of nowhere it starts to stutter and goes down to easily 20s FPS...that is until I move my mouse/cursor and then the game goes right back to normal?
Weird?

shi
GP-200 International v1.1

View attachment 1318643
Fictional circuit.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-2 layouts (Main and Kart)
-40/12 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by Madcowie
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Track logo and Bliiboard textures by @Masscot
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
.lua base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Re-created fast_lane.ai and sidelines. (Main layout)
Added sand edges.
Added ai_hints.ini.
Fixed semaphore.ini.
Updated ext_config.ini.

GP-200 International v1.1
The link is in the quote.

v1.1 changelog;
Re-created fast_lane.ai and sidelines. (Main layout)
Added sand edges.
Added ai_hints.ini.
Fixed semaphore.ini.
Updated ext_config.ini.

Screenshot_vsf1_ferrari_f300_gp200_25-5-124-8-39-16.jpg

Another WONDER that drives to me (pun intended) to think (again, yes, I know, I'm a bore-pain-in-the-ass) in THE QUESTION: do we really need Assetto-Corsa-2-Redux-EVO...?

View attachment 1374730

Thanks for notifying us here.
Just to spite the Patreon-mongering crowd ? Yes.

To finally have proper working rain and day / night cycle out of the box WITHOUT bugs ? Yes.

The engine is too old anyways.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back