Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,510 comments
Would love to get that Viper RT/10. Any estimated time to release it on sight?
Not to my knowledge, no. I always wanted the RT/10 GT1 as well, but we have this instead which isn't bad... I like it, buuut...
__custom_showroom_1724304820.png

It's not the RT/10 GT1. If you want to learn more about the mods he's been doing, here's his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3003003843150997/user/100014762464833/

There is a better compression than DXT5 for DDS files with less visual glitches. In paint.net it's called "BC7 (Linear, DX11+)". You should use this instead of "BC3 (Linear, DXT5)" und compare the results with the uncompressed file. The file size of the DDS will be the same as with DXT5, but you must ALWAYS save the DDS with mipmaps as AC can't create the mipmaps for the new format and the game will crash otherwise. But 21.3MB with mipmaps is better than 64MB for a 4K uncompressed DDS without mipmaps. Just test it.
Still has visual artifacts lol

But people will say 'yeah you don't see them whilst driving!' but I know they're there and it irks me so much.

Capture d'écran 2024-08-22 081505.png

jaqory : it's the GTS-R from FM4, that car has existed a long time for AC

Last edited:
Still has visual artifacts lol

But people will say 'yeah you don't see them whilst driving!' but I know they're there and it irks me so much.

View attachment 1383008

jaqory : it's the GTS-R from FM4, that car has existed a long time for AC
I don't consider AO to be that must. I like how AC projects natural shadows depending on the lights, and somehow, AO only looks like a Non-completely-clean car, darkening the white, clarifying the black, so at some point the white is not white neither the black is not black.

I don't consider AO to be that must. I like how AC projects natural shadows depending on the lights, and somehow, AO only looks like a Non-completely-clean car, darkening the white, clarifying the black, so at some point the white is not white neither the black is not black.
That sounds like the AO might be too aggressive. As a band-aid in these situations where the car gets too dark it can be countered by increasing the ksAmbient on the car paint.
I agree with @norms (and many others) in that AO is an important part of the car's overall aesthetic. To me, lighting always look somewhat false and clinical without it, both externally and (especially) in the cockpit.

Last edited:
hey guys, how do I find my AcTools Content Manager folder? I'm trying to install Stefan Clift GT7 car categories.

C:/ Users / "username" / AppData / Local / AcTools Content Manager

when i get to users, there is no appdata folder, is there another way to find this?

hey guys, how do I find my AcTools Content Manager folder? I'm trying to install Stefan Clift GT7 car categories.

C:/ Users / "username" / AppData / Local / AcTools Content Manager

when i get to users, there is no appdata folder, is there another way to find this?
Probably hidden system folder. You can type %appdata% in the address field in file explorer. It will take you to AppData\Roaming, so you'll have to navigate up to find AppData\Local, but it's an easy starting point.

Any reason why they weren't included?

Also, who was it who said they could add the much better physics from the Eboo car in just a few minutes? Did that ever happen?
I said you could change physics in a matter of minutes, but I said that because there was a guy saying he was going to get his friend to do it - so I just said, give it a go yourself! But it's a very simple operation to do, not really too sure why more people don't try. There is a 8 minute (or so) video on YouTube by a guy called Sin or Zin. He's basically changing the physics of a drift car and he talks you through it. I mean, I'm happy to help but I'd need both physics sets and about 10 minutes of my time.

Edit - BOOM!

Last edited:
I said you could change physics in a matter of minutes, but I said that because there was a guy saying he was going to get his friend to do it - so I just said, give it a go yourself! But it's a very simple operation to do, not really too sure why more people don't try. There is a 8 minute (or so) video on YouTube by a guy called Sin or Zin. He's basically changing the physics of a drift car and he talks you through it. I mean, I'm happy to help but I'd need both physics sets and about 10 minutes of my time.

Edit - BOOM!

Thanks, but @JK1977 has already done it in the update.

Did something go wrong while converting, or is it like this in the original ? In that case the wheels, tires and wheel arches sure need some TLC (to name just a few things)...

View attachment 1382883
Looks like he just imported the GTR2 wheel and called it a day. Which is very apparent since he didn't bother updating the 3D model for AC either and just straight ported the low poly GTR2 model.

Spa 2022 Update

This is my take on the excellent Spa 2022 mod by guigui0256. I cannot stress enough how I take no credit for this what so ever. Please do not give me any credit or thanks for this. I did basically nothing other than fix a couple of technical issues with the treeline lighting and altered a few textures. I realize this is not a cool thing to do to alter someone else's work without permission. I did reach out to the creator awhile back about these issues and he said he was happy with the track so I don't feel like I am doing anything wrong. If he sees this and asks, I will pull it.

The download is rather large because it is a full track folder. I run the track as it's own separate track, not as an addon in the original Kunos Spa folder. Reason being, his extension impacted how the original Spa looked and I didn't want to change that so I made it a separate track. Sorry for the big download.

Spa 2022 Update

Spa 2022 Update to work with original Spa Folder. Won't alter the original track.

Spa 2022 Update for original Spa Folder

The mods have full support for all of Pyyer's Spa F1 and WEC extensions. In order for them to work properly, please follow the directions below.

1.) Install whichever version of the mod you choose to use.

2.) Install Pyyer's Spa extensions into the track folder. Do not drag them into the root 'assettocorsa' folder or they will not get installed to the correct location.

3.) Install the files in the included 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder and overwrite anything it asks.

View attachment 1205882

Notes:

-- If you want the sound effects back, open up the ext_config file and set the ext_config-audio section at the top to ACTIVE = 1. It does weird things on my system so I had to disable it.
Links for both versions have been updated with fixes for two small but important issues. Use the links in the quote above to get the updated versions. Thanks to @MasterFocus , @Masscot and @leBluem for the help with how to fix the problems.

I believe you can simply extract the update into your current track folder and overwrite when it asks, but it might be best to make a backup just to be safe. If you have all of Pyyer's Spa F1 and WEC extensions, don't forget to also extract and overwrite the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder. If you have problems after installing the new version (especially for the standalone version), you will have to start from scratch. I'm hoping that doesn't happen for those with all of the Pyyer extensions installed because I would hate for you to have to go through the hassle of reinstalling them.

Fixes\Additions:

-- Fixed the missing shadows when a car is over the white lines.
-- I think I fixed the floating skid\groove marks.
-- Added a SeasonalTrees track skin to the standalone spa_2022 version. It will make the trees look like the small video I posted yesterday.
-- One suggestion, if you have a lighting.ini file in any of the layouts data folders, you should consider deleting or renaming it to get the proper sun pitch and heading angle.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this new update. It was very hard making sure I applied the fixes to all of the layouts and I probably didn't test it thoroughly enough so I could have easily overlooked something. Thanks...

Last edited:
Logbook - I've lost count of how many I've done.

The z3 is almost finished, I just have to do some fixes, finish the sound and do some km on the track to see if everything is ok (hoping that the summer heat decreases a bit). Unfortunately, I had to put aside the idea of doing everything on a single model due to several problems, including the shadows that disappear when I perform the rim swap via ext_config. They are not exactly the same, the aerodynamics and power change slightly between the two versions. I think I can finish everything by mid-September, I want to check and try everything calmly, balancing it compared to other cars.

The other thing I had to give up on are the tyres: I'm not good at making them from scratch. I kindly asked for some tires from a team that runs an MC12 GT1. I interpreted their silence as a "yes" 🙄 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-16-59-22.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-16-59-22.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3_gtr_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-0-12.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3_gtr_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-0-12.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3_gtr_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-0-35.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3_gtr_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-0-35.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3_gtr_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-1-5.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3_gtr_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-1-5.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-1-51.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-1-51.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-2-4.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_z3m_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_22-7-124-17-2-4.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 2
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2
Logbook - I've lost count of how many I've done.

The z3 is almost finished, I just have to do some fixes, finish the sound and do some km on the track to see if everything is ok (hoping that the summer heat decreases a bit). Unfortunately, I had to put aside the idea of doing everything on a single model due to several problems, including the shadows that disappear when I perform the rim swap via ext_config. They are not exactly the same, the aerodynamics and power change slightly between the two versions. I think I can finish everything by mid-September, I want to check and try everything calmly, balancing it compared to other cars.

The other thing I had to give up on are the tyres: I'm not good at making them from scratch. I kindly asked for some tires from a team that runs an MC12 GT1. I interpreted their silence as a "yes" 🙄 😂
You mean the modelling or the physics ? Because first one is probably one of the easiest part to do on a car model, in my opinion, so I would be kind of surprise with what you already can do :)

If it's about physics, well hum... I'm not convinced I should be the one giving any advice on it :lol:

Last edited:
You mean the modelling or the physics ? Because first one is probably one of the easiest part to do on a car model, in my opinion, so I would be kind of surprise with what you already can do :)

If it's about physics, well hum... I'm not convinced I should be the one giving any advice on it :lol:
I would like it to be adequate in terms of performance compared to other FIA GT cars. The z3, at least on GTR2, is a bit of a water heater, but I would still like to ensure that it is neither too much like a shopping cart nor as fast as a 575 (at the beginning she was even faster LOL)

Do you mean your P70 i've spent hours driving, that i believe turned me into an actual racer and that i was going to base my next grocery shopping trip on is a lie?

Last edited:
Help who knows! On some tracks, the display screen looks very light. Is there a general setting for all tracks or is it necessary to adjust the brightness of the displays in each track? CSP 0.2.5 - 1.
1724349653354.png

Help who knows! On some tracks, the display screen looks very light. Is there a general setting for all tracks or is it necessary to adjust the brightness of the displays in each track? CSP 0.2.5 - 1.
View attachment 1383187
Are you using SOL or PURE ?
Because both need a different brightness setting in the ext_config.ini.
@shi offers two configs in his tracks, one for Sol, one for Pure.
But you can look in the config for Jumbotron settings and experiment with brightness, e.g.:
image.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back