Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,513 comments
In Windows Explorer, go to the View tab at the top, find the box for View Hidden Files and Folders, make sure it's ticked, then you should be able to see the app data folder.
I have done this, but unfortunately it still doesn't pop up. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Attachments

• appdata.png
    appdata.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 2
So, here it goes nothing.

I love obscure racing series, cars that make no one say "yes, I would surely like to compete in one of these", and deep inside we know tin tops are the best; also, I'm quite patriotic.

The long dead V8 Superstars/Euro V8 serie touches all of the points above.

Some already know there were a couple of games covering this series, from which the 3D files and yesterday I've managed to cram this barge into AC. Still, sounds are temporary stolen from the E92 GT2, physics are all over the place, nulls are wrong, materials have random values because I wanted to see this E60 in AC and give me some motivation.

Unfortunately modding isn't really my thing: I can skin and fix some problem physis wise, but 3D modelling is my enemy and I've never even dig into sound.

But I've found almost all of the homologation sheets of the entire field, I have a lot of photos/magazines/media in general to obtain the needed reference and I think I can manage to track down some cars and some drivers, if needed; testing the mod isn't a problem because at work I have very high end motion syms (remember the Pagani Huayra R Simulator? That one, but with a less fancy body).

The idea was to use the old 3D model as a base/template and in a latter stage switch to newer base car (e.g GT/Forza/CSR/whatever derived), redoing all of the various racing parts one piece at the time.

I don't want to release the car if the 3D remains the old since there are already too many lower quality mods around, same goes for the physics.

I'm not promising anything, for now this is just for personal use until it will reach an acceptable quality state.

I know somebody already converted this car, but I don't think is still active here to this day (?)

Attachments

• 1724396267339.png
    1724396267339.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1724402816485.png
    1724402816485.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

I love obscure racing series, cars that make no one say "yes, I would surely like to compete in one of these", and deep inside we know tin tops are the best; also, I'm quite patriotic.

The long dead V8 Superstars/Euro V8 serie touches of the points above.

Some already know there were a couple of games covering this series, from which the 3D files and yesterday I've managed to cram this barge into AC. Still, sounds are temporary stolen from the E92 GT2, physics are all over the place, nulls are wrong, materials have random values because I wanted to see this E60 in AC and give me some motivation.

Unfortunately modding isn't really my thing: I can skin and fix some problem physis wise, but 3D modelling is my enemy and I've never even dig into sound.

But I've found almost all of the homologation sheets of the entire field, I have a lot of photos/magazines/media in general to obtain the needed reference and I think I can manage to track down some cars and some drivers, if needed; testing the mod isn't a problem because at work I have very high end motion syms (remember the Pagani Huayra R Simulator? That one, but with a less fancy body).

The idea was to use the old 3D model as a base/template and in a latter stage switch to newer base car (e.g GT/Forza/CSR/whatever derived), redoing all of the various racing parts one piece at the time.

I don't want to release the car if the 3D remains the old since there are already too many lower quality mods around, same goes for the pysics.

I'm not promising anything, for now this is just for personal use until will be in an acceptable quality state.

I know somebody already converted this car, but I don't think is still active here to this day (?)
This series definitely needs to be in another game like AC.

For sounds if you can extract them from an original game its not hard to use FMOD to convert them to AC. There was an official game for this series, which I see is available on abandonware, might be worth hacking them from there.

As for models being done in high quality, something that has crossed my mind is the Blender retopology method, where you remodel over an existing model, but whereas the general Blender usage is to reduce the number of polys used on a model, you could do it to increase the number of polys and would probably be a lot faster than modelling from scratch again.

Just my thoughts really.

The long dead V8 Superstars/Euro V8 serie touches of the points above.

I don't want to release the car if the 3D remains the old since there are already too many lower quality mods around, same goes for the pysics.

I'm not promising anything, for now this is just for personal use until will be in an acceptable quality state.

I have in my garage 31 E60, some are diesel tho.
Let me know if you are interested and in what kind.

Last edited:
Links for both versions have been updated with fixes for two small but important issues. Use the links in the quote above to get the updated versions. Thanks to @MasterFocus , @Masscot and @leBluem for the help with how to fix the problems.

I believe you can simply extract the update into your current track folder and overwrite when it asks, but it might be best to make a backup just to be safe. If you have all of Pyyer's Spa F1 and WEC extensions, don't forget to also extract and overwrite the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder. If you have problems after installing the new version (especially for the standalone version), you will have to start from scratch. I'm hoping that doesn't happen for those with all of the Pyyer extensions installed because I would hate for you to have to go through the hassle of reinstalling them.

Fixes\Additions:

-- Fixed the missing shadows when a car is over the white lines.
-- I think I fixed the floating skid\groove marks.
-- Added a SeasonalTrees track skin to the standalone spa_2022 version. It will make the trees look like the small video I posted yesterday.
-- One suggestion, if you have a lighting.ini file in any of the layouts data folders, you should consider deleting or renaming it to get the proper sun pitch and heading angle.

Please let me know if you run across any problems with this new update. It was very hard making sure I applied the fixes to all of the layouts and I probably didn't test it thoroughly enough so I could have easily overlooked something. Thanks...
Link down for spa_2022

Rome ePrix Season9 v1.01

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_rome_eprix_s9_6-6-124-15-38-24.jpg

The Circuito cittadino dell'EUR was a street circuit located in the EUR neighborhood in Rome, Italy. On 3 February 2021, a new and longer layout was announced for the circuit, which is 3.385 km (2.103 mi) in length and features 19 turns. (Wikipedia)

Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)
v1.01 Updated file only

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Leo_J.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Added logo.png and sections file by Fanapryde. (Thanks)

Requests are currently not being accepted.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-notice-108110777

Last edited:
Hey all. This is probably a dumb question, but what's needed to set starting points in a track?

There's an awesome track in overtake that hasn't been updated in 6 years, that doesn't properly track lap time: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/st-luzia-revival-1-0.19824/

No luck reaching out to the creator, so I thought I'd try my hand at it, but I don't even know where to start. Any resources I could look into?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you using SOL or PURE ?
Because both need a different brightness setting in the ext_config.ini.
@shi offers two configs in his tracks, one for Sol, one for Pure.
But you can look in the config for Jumbotron settings and experiment with brightness, e.g.:
View attachment 1383223
Thanks for the explanation. I am using PURE. Recently I switched to the latest versions of the CSP and PURE. Before that, the displays were not so bright.

Last edited:
The lo-fi GTR2 cockpit is enough of a reason to demand a refund.
VR giveth, and VR taketh away :)
For me, the price was acceptable (especially as this is the only version available atm, and Super GT in general gets less love than I think it deserves anyway) simply because it's not encrypted, so we can fix it, right?
I've started improving the most egregious fizix blunders, for my own, and obvs "our", enjoyment, and I believe @GalacticPie has volunteered to make the other 4 liveries to complete the set? 🤪🤣

shi
Rome ePrix Season9 v1.0

View attachment 1383408
The Circuito cittadino dell'EUR was a street circuit located in the EUR neighborhood in Rome, Italy. On 3 February 2021, a new and longer layout was announced for the circuit, which is 3.385 km (2.103 mi) in length and features 19 turns. (Wikipedia)

Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Leo_J.

Requests are currently not being accepted.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-notice-108110777

Logo and sections file:

NOTE: I accidentally posted the unfinished sections file (thanks to @shi for noticing).

Correct file now, please redownload.

logo.png

Attachments

• sections.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hey guys,

i'm encountering a lot of issues with CM and CSP at the moment. If anyone could help, i'll be eternally thankful.

First, i cannot run my old Lotus, Ferrari 312 67 and Heat mk1 replays anymore. It ends up with a model driver missing. I checked everything, erased all data, made a Steam filecheck, dl skins and stuff allover again, but the issue is still there. The error seems to happen while loading a specific ferrari 312, but in the log it says it's about the lotus. It would load 11 cars and crash in the middle of the 12th.
The log error file is here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/gi1uhtpvvdzou85/crash_20240823_141851.report/file

And then what's wrong with the AI in the latest version of CSP? I cannot run any AI races on Bremgarten anymore (Fat Alfie), sometimes i get cars stuck at the start, i switch a few cars in the drive menu, it works, and would eventually fail again a few hours later. A good proportion of my attempts will ultimately fail with a broken AI at start. I used to be able to come back to csp 2.1 and fix it, but it's not working anymore. if anyone fixed that one way or another i'm all ears open.

Thanks in advance!

On a brighter note, i'm still getting better with NeckFX and immersivity, if anyone's interested into trying those (latest good ones are the "Real Driver's Experience " and "Immersive" that are available on this pdf : https://www.mediafire.com/file/xr7hp3nfa8zdhko/Tetri_Neck_FX_listing.rtf/file

And finally, if anyone wants to give the Wekangcai Isle of Man a nice polish in terms of colors and CSP options (the dark walls on the first minute of driving are pretty ugly), Wekangcai told me he'd be happy to have anything improved on his work.

Here's the actual state of the track (all the links are in the vid description in case) :

I enjoy this version a lot, mainly because of the road mesh (same goes with Dundord actually) and the very generous scenery. Straight GTR2 conversion i believe, meaning the low poly pop out a lot, but since you're mainly going 250 km/h, it doesn't really matter.

I have all his tracks on the PC, so if you want them i would happilly (happyly? happi... Feck this) share them on Mediafire.
I'm still testing them.

Last edited:
Hey all. This is probably a dumb question, but what's needed to set starting points in a track?

There's an awesome track in overtake that hasn't been updated in 6 years, that doesn't properly track lap time: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/st-luzia-revival-1-0.19824/

No luck reaching out to the creator, so I thought I'd try my hand at it, but I don't even know where to start. Any resources I could look into?

Thanks!
When I remember correctly, you have to start from the pits to have a correct laptime - like with many Rally-P2P races.

Opel Calibra DTM Promarkt skin rework

Just gave this real names although for just a rework it was alot of work.

drag and drop to install.

4k only

Screenshot (623).png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back