Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,548 comments
When I saw that you said you'd changed the windscreen I was hoping that you'd changed the mapping so that the texture isn't mirrored down the middle. When a dirty/smudged windscreen dds is swapped in (to replace the default 'frosted shower screen' version) there's an obvious vertical mirror line down the middle, instead of the dds stretching across the whole windscreen.
@JK1977 is this something you could update to the internal glass please? Also, the side windows don't map the texture at all well - even with a dirty/smudged glass dds applied they have a very uniform texture that just looks like the default 'shower screen'. It looks like the texture mapping needs correcting for the windscreen and for the side windows.

View attachment 1384068
@Masscot : I know you shared (a while ago though, can't remember when exactly) a separate "Internal (or interior) Glass.dds which has enhanced object mirror effect. I still have that specific file. Question: How to implement so that the effect takes place? Must I copy this .dds file in every single skin map for instance? Would be good to know how to do this as so I could obtain the above internal windshield for (every single) car i use? Thank you in advance (Oh, BTW, I use CSP 0.2.5 - preview but not using Content Manager (Am on Vanilla + CSP only).

Last edited:
F2 2024 MOD V1.0 RELEASE

1724766891626.png

t's the F2 2024 car, created by Ben, Onion, LONG, rrickyy. The physics were created as accurate as it can be in terms of driving experience and some advices from a real F2 2024 driver (and 2024 race winner).The 2024 F2 car, in technical terms Dallara 224, is a car designed to compete and comply with the regulations in the 2024 FIA Formula 2 Championship. With 620 Horsepower and 570 Newton Meters of Torque, the car produces an experience that is only a step lower than the current generation of Formula 1 regulations. The open wheeler is capable of cornering in a whopping 3.5Gs, and has no power steering. Drivers has to prove their skill with this very tricky car by being really careful with their inputs and actions to the car, as the downforce level lower than the top step of open wheel racing, Formula 1. The Formula 2 car is also equipped with drag reduction system, improves the ability of overtaking on the DRS straights. Based on what Dallara said, the car will be used until 2027.

EXTRACT THE CONTENT FOLDER IN THE ASSETTO CORSA MAIN FOLDER. THAT'S IT

Credits to:
3d model chassis by benjamin00
3d model steering wheel by EdgarRedBull
3d model tyres rims and suspension by Codemasters
3d model slight tweaks made by rrickyy and Onion.
Physics by LONG

Be sure to be in THS discord server to receive the latest hotfixes and more new cars in the future :)

Might not interest everyone, but something I did for myself for my rj_lemans_1967 track. I changed some of the front straight windows to be semi transparent. If you want to try it, download the attached file and extract it by dragging the contents folder into the root 'assettocorsa' directory. Then copy the code below to the bottom of the track's ext_config file.

;;;;; WINDOWS ;;;;;

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = B_PITSGLASS
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = content\tracks\rj_lemans_1967\extension\textures\b_pitsglass_alb2.dds
PROP_... = ksSpecularEXP, 120
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = B_PITSGLASSNOTX
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = content\tracks\rj_lemans_1967\extension\textures\b_pitsglass_alb3.dds
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = VT_BLDWINA
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = content\tracks\rj_lemans_1967\extension\textures\lmwina.dds
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= missing double sided
MESHES = b_ShedPaddockD_SUB0
CULL_MODE= OFF

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=1
DESCRIPTION=pits windows glow
MATERIALS=B_PITSGLASSNOTX
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=255,205,120,0.010
VALUE_0_OFF=0
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH_RAIN

lm_windows.jpg

Attachments

• lemans_67_windows.zip
    659.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Last edited:
Sorry to refer back to Spa 1993 from rmi. The seasonal issues are solved with turning back the CSP.
But for racing with computer opponents it's useless because of pit entry issues... And the grass at F1 pit exit was never there.
It's an overhaul from 1992 i guess, and it has potential, but needs attention. I hope someone will put some effort in it.
Thx in advance!

Might not interest everyone, but something I did for myself for my rj_lemans_1967 track. I changed some of the front straight windows to be semi transparent. If you want to try it, download the attached file and extract it by dragging the contents folder into the root 'assettocorsa' directory. Then copy the code below to the bottom of the track's ext_config file.

;;;;; WINDOWS ;;;;;

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = B_PITSGLASS
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = content\tracks\rj_lemans_1967\extension\textures\b_pitsglass_alb2.dds
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = B_PITSGLASSNOTX
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = content\tracks\rj_lemans_1967\extension\textures\b_pitsglass_alb.dds
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = VT_BLDWINA
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = content\tracks\rj_lemans_1967\extension\textures\lmwina.dds
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_TEST

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= missing double sided
MESHES = b_ShedPaddockD_SUB0
CULL_MODE= OFF

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
VISIBILITY_LEVEL=1
DESCRIPTION=pits windows glow
MATERIALS=B_PITSGLASSNOTX
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=255,205,120,0.010
VALUE_0_OFF=0
CONDITION=NIGHT_SMOOTH_RAIN

View attachment 1384470
Improving the Sistene Chapel, thank you!

@Masscot : I know you shared (a while ago though, can't remember when exactly) a separate "Internal (or interior) Glass.dds which has enhanced object mirror effect. I still have that specific file. Question: How to implement so that the effect takes place? Must I copy this .dds file in every single skin map for instance? Would be good to know how to do this as so I could obtain the above internal windshield for (every single) car i use? Thank you in advance (Oh, BTW, I use CSP 0.2.5 - preview but not using Content Manager (Am on Vanilla + CSP only).
Not sure if you're talking about the internal windows or the wing mirror textures, but:

If the car's not encrypted:
CM showroom
click the internal glass (or the mirror glass, if that's what you're talking about? The theory is the same)
click the three little dots next to txDiffuse:
click 'Replace'
select the new internal glass (or mirror glass) DDS from your archive

This will apply it to the car, not just to individual skins.

If the three little dots aren't there next to txDiffuse: (and replacing the DDS in CM Showroom isn't therefore possible) then the car has texture/shader adjustment encrypted.
In this situation you need to copy the txDiffuse name and rename a copy of your preferred internal windscreen (or mirror) DDS to that name, then drop it into every skin folder that you want it used on.

Last edited:
HungaroringACC

My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track made to look the way I prefer. There are two versions you can try so please don't skip reading the rest of this post. Both are standalone versions so they won't mess with the original tracks and can easily be deleted if you don't care for my changes.

rj_hungaroringACC: My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track with too many changes to describe. I would suggest starting with this track to make sure you like the changes. If you do then I would delete this and download the track below.

Link: rj_hungaroringACC

rj_hungaroring: A standalone version of Fenryr's fn_hungaroring v1.3 track made to look like the above rj_hungaroringACC track. Fenryr's version is far superior to what I did with the separate GT and F1 layouts, the compatibility with Pyyer's F1 extensions and other numerous improvements he made. I would highly suggest you use this version instead of mine, but that's your choice.

Now for the confusing part and I hope language barriers don't make this hard to understand. The changes I made to the rj_hungaroring track kind of messed up Pyyer's F1 extensions. If you want to use the F1 extensions from Pyyer, I included the changed files needed in order for them too work properly. First you will want to install Pyyer's extensions into the rj_hungaroring track folder. Then extract all the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_F1_mods' folder from the download package and overwrite when it asks.

Link: rj_hungaroring

Credits:
Original track: Tom Steel, Junshen Wu and Fenryr. Apologies to anyone else who may have been involved.
Sections file: @Quikslvr
AC_Crew files: @Kurt Woods
Crowd file: @ludwig6666
AI File: Thockard
Additional replay camera and one alternative lighting.ini file: @Gregz0r
Config changes, night lights setup and additional replay cameras: @CrisT86

Track skins:

There are a bunch of track skins you can use or delete if you don't need them. The Grass Dry, Grass Greenish and Grass Lush skins are self explanatory. The Seasonal Trees skin will change the tree textures to give a more seasonal accurate look. I.E., bare in the winter, semi leafless in the late fall, etc. The AC_Crew skins will change the pitlane crew objects to have series specific sponsors.

Notes:

-- As always, any shader value I changed from it's original value gets placed in the Shader Stuff section of the ext_config file. You can edit them to get a look you prefer.

View attachment 1347451
Small little update for both versions. No need to download the whole track again. Just download the attachment below that matches the version of the track you use, extract it and overwrite when it asks. If you use the Pyyer F1 extensions, don't forget to also extract the files from the 'Files_for_Pyyer_F1_mods' folder. Both full versions include these updates for future downloads.

-- The small paddock jumbotron should now display a live camera feed.

Attachments

• rj_hungaroring_jumbotron_update.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 3
  • rj_hungaroringACC_jumbotron_update.zip
    5 KB · Views: 2
Walt Disney World Speedway 1.0 Release
Download: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/downloads/walt-disney-world-speedway.6928/
Screenshot_legion_reynard_95i_road_waltdisneyworldspeedway_27-7-124-19-23-44.jpg
Screenshot_legion_reynard_95i_road_waltdisneyworldspeedway_27-7-124-19-22-9.jpg

Walt Disney World Speedway held its first race in 1996 and its last in 2000. It hosted both the Indy Racing League and the Nascar Truck series during its time. The Track was torn down starting in 2015.

Credits
Original track was built for NR2003 by John Norton
Converted to Assetto Corsa by FerrariFanatic9/FerrariFan9

-37 pits/Start
-AI with AI Sidelines done
-Cams based on the cameras used during the 98 race by abc/espn

Screenshot_legion_reynard_95i_road_waltdisneyworldspeedway_27-7-124-19-24-56.jpg

Last edited:
I remember a long time ago I downloaded a sound pack from a discord, a miscellaneous sound pack that replaced a bunch of sfx files for stuff like curbs, crashes, grass, etc, with way better sounds from gran turismo. I lost it when I had to reinstall the game, and now I can't find it anywhere for the life of me. it doesn't seem to be in the message history of any discord I'm in anymore and I cant find it on google either. I'm hoping someone on here has it, and can send it to me. this ISN'T the one by MIke on Racedepartment/Overtake btw.

I remember a long time ago I downloaded a sound pack from a discord, a miscellaneous sound pack that replaced a bunch of sfx files for stuff like curbs, crashes, grass, etc, with way better sounds from gran turismo. I lost it when I had to reinstall the game, and now I can't find it anywhere for the life of me. it doesn't seem to be in the message history of any discord I'm in anymore and I cant find it on google either. I'm hoping someone on here has it, and can send it to me. this ISN'T the one by MIke on Racedepartment/Overtake btw.
It's possible you're looking for the pack by @vilau, on the Touge Union discord, in Featured Mods.

Not sure if you're talking about the internal windows or the wing mirror textures, but:

CM showroom
click the internal glass (or the mirror glass, if that's what you're talking about? The theory is the same)
click 'Replace'

If the three little dots aren't there next to txDiffuse: (and replacing the DDS in CM Showroom isn't therefore possible) then the car has texture/shader adjustment encrypted.
In this situation you need to copy the txDiffuse name and rename a copy of your preferred internal windscreen (or mirror) DDS to that name, then drop it into every skin folder that you want it used on.
@Masscot : Thank you for explaining the procedure. However (and maybe I simply should) I have no CM...
Is there a way to accomplish the same not using CM?

Skins for Aston Ulster (1931 to 1937)Skins Ferrari 212 Inter (for me, I decided to separate them into 3 models, 195s, 166mm and 195s/166mm Coupe (all with slightly different "DATA" files).

For now, for you, here are all the skins for LM1950 and Targa Florio 1950 (they serve in Ferrai 212 Inter).
SKINS ASTON ULSTER
SKINS FERRARI 212 Inter
Hello
could you share the link for the car "lm30.49_aston_ulster_1935" ?
thank you so much in advance

F2 2024 MOD V1.0 RELEASE

View attachment 1384450

t's the F2 2024 car, created by Ben, Onion, LONG, rrickyy. The physics were created as accurate as it can be in terms of driving experience and some advices from a real F2 2024 driver (and 2024 race winner).The 2024 F2 car, in technical terms Dallara 224, is a car designed to compete and comply with the regulations in the 2024 FIA Formula 2 Championship. With 620 Horsepower and 570 Newton Meters of Torque, the car produces an experience that is only a step lower than the current generation of Formula 1 regulations. The open wheeler is capable of cornering in a whopping 3.5Gs, and has no power steering. Drivers has to prove their skill with this very tricky car by being really careful with their inputs and actions to the car, as the downforce level lower than the top step of open wheel racing, Formula 1. The Formula 2 car is also equipped with drag reduction system, improves the ability of overtaking on the DRS straights. Based on what Dallara said, the car will be used until 2027.

EXTRACT THE CONTENT FOLDER IN THE ASSETTO CORSA MAIN FOLDER. THAT'S IT

Credits to:
3d model chassis by benjamin00
3d model steering wheel by EdgarRedBull
3d model tyres rims and suspension by Codemasters
3d model slight tweaks made by rrickyy and Onion.
Physics by LONG

Be sure to be in THS discord server to receive the latest hotfixes and more new cars in the future :)
@bensrac32 Tried this one and found very well made! Keeper for now at least for me and therefore many thanks!
The obvious question (I know bit premature...) official team skins?

CM showroom
click 'Replace'

I found the error why the windows looked so strange inside, the ks windscreen shader properties:
• ksAmbient: 0.5
• ksDiffuse: 0.6
• ksSpecular: 0.1
•ksSpecularEXP:10
• ksEmissive: 0
• ksAlphaRef: 0
Unfortunately they were not processed
I replaced the dds and adjusted the shader

20240828-171302-spa-f302_opel_calibra_touringcar.jpg

-windscreen fix

Last edited:
Opel DTM "Opel i Line" rework/real naming

Drag and drop to install

----I am in the middle of fiddling with this old spice livery to try and get it all stitched together properly between the door shut on 1 side and the quarter panel, its proving to be very time consuming so as soon as it is done i will post an update with a before and after so you can see if it something you want to re download (what i'm "fixing" may not bother alot of people)----

BEER O'CLOCK!

Screenshot (641).png

I found the error why the windows looked so strange inside, the ks windscreen shader properties:
• ksAmbient: 0.5
• ksDiffuse: 0.6
• ksSpecular: 0.1
•ksSpecularEXP:10
• ksEmissive: 0
• ksAlphaRef: 0
Unfortunately they were not processed
I replaced the dds and adjusted the shader

View attachment 1384726

-windscreen fix
That wasn't the problem at all, the smudges can be seen fine, the problem was how the internal windscreen texture is mapped to the front windscreen (with a mirror line down the middle) and to the side windows (seemingly not at all).
As I already said in my original message, the internal glass (front and sides) needs UV mapping again correctly so that the 'dirty/smudged glass' texture appears on the insides of the glass (front and sides) as a single texture without an obvious mirror line down the middle.

Last edited:
Finally maybe a good porting of the Mercedes and the Opel could be done

That wasn't the problem at all, the smudges can be seen fine, the problem was how the internal windscreen texture is mapped to the front windscreen (with a mirror line down the middle) and to the side windows (seemingly not at all).
As I already said in my original message, the internal glass (front and sides) needs UV mapping again correctly so that the 'dirty/smudged glass' texture appears on the insides of the glass (front and sides) as a single texture without an obvious mirror line down the middle.
i know what you mean ,i so stupid ...****

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back