Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,616 comments
And pretty much all of Tommy's cars suffer from weird STEER_ASSIST and FFMULT values in car.ini. STEER_ASSIST needs to be 1.0, and FFMULT usually somewhere in the 0.75-1.25 range, depending on preference and car.

But as far as my knowledge goes, STEER_ASSIST should pretty much always be set to 1.0, for all cars.
I've found by lowering the ffmult and lowering the steering assist (say for example 0.75) can give a bit more surface detail. I mean, I personally like a mid range detailed wheel, so I like a lot of noise through my wheel. Upping the ffbmult to 1.0 tends to drown out a lot of detail - almost like using damping. But it's horses for courses. A mate of mine likes his FFB to be a test of strength all the while it's fully clipping and in the red, but that's what is correct for him 🤷 mine rarely leaves 50%-65% FFB force with the in game meter.

and FFMULT usually somewhere in the 0.75-1.25 range, depending on preference and car.
I may be wrong, of course, but as far as I know, FFMULT is the degree of force feedback amplification, and it does not have any specified limits (like 0.75-1.25), but directly depends on the geometry of the front suspension arms, for one suspension it can be - 1.0, and for another - 21.151 (like the Kunos Lotus Type 25)

I may be wrong, of course, but as far as I know, FFMULT is the degree of force feedback amplification, and it does not have any specified limits (like 0.75-1.25), but directly depends on the geometry of the front suspension arms, for one suspension it can be - 1.0, and for another - 21.151 (like the Kunos Lotus Type 25)
Yes, I'm rererring to Tommy's cars in general here. The FFMULT is exactly that and can vary vastly with other cars. Good point. It's a linear multiplier, as far as I know. So it doesn't really matter whether you adjust the FFMULT or the FFB gain. Does the same trick.

The STEER_ASSIST on the other hand, is some kind of gamma multiplier, if I got it right. That can make the FFB feel really weird, especially on DD wheels which generally have a very linear force output.

I would never buy an encrypted mod. If I buy a mod, I want to be able to do what I want with it on my machine, if I want to make personal modifications.
no problem, you are free to buy wherever you want, you already know that my mods are encrypted, you don't have to come to my patreon, it is not mandatory!, you speak with RSS and you tell them not to encrypt their mods, I understand you very much Well, if you want your version, you can do the conversion, it is from Forza 5

Do you want the unencrypted mod? You pay me 600 euros for my working hours and that's it, it's that easy, you can do whatever you want with the mod!🖖👍

Vw Gooooof skin from the 1988 btcc season (basically the same car) 4k only

THIS HAS 2 OPTION'S, WITH AO AND WITHOUT AO

to install: unzip and choose if you want AO or not and drag that "content" folder to CM and hit install.
(pictured is without AO)

!! if you want window banners visible from the inside on the other skins all you need to do is rename "GTI_WINDOW_INT.dds" to "GTI_INTERNAL_GLASS.dds". For some reason the naming is wrong on the inside skins so they do not appear.

you can find this car easily with a google search this is a paymod.

(in game window banners are brighter)
Screenshot (652).png

Last edited:
no problem, you are free to buy wherever you want, you already know that my mods are encrypted, you don't have to come to my patreon, it is not mandatory!, you speak with RSS and you tell them not to encrypt their mods, I understand you very much Well, if you want your version, you can do the conversion, it is from Forza 5

Do you want the unencrypted mod? You pay me 600 euros for my working hours and that's it, it's that easy, you can do whatever you want with the mod!🖖👍
Is there any way of leaving a car encrypted and it allow for clones to be made? I make race series, or race events (for example, Le Mans 1998, 2005 FIA GT Championship). All I ever want to do is make a copy of a particular car and put it in the series, BUT when I clone an encrypted car it comes out looking like they've been made out of crystal.

Work hours? Why don't you pay the guys who actually made the model that you stole in the first place for their work hours? Clown.

modding should be a passion, not a job, you're already going in the wrong direction.
you're on the wrong forum
you can put your merchandise on Ebay instead :D

Last edited:
modding should be a passion, not a job, you're already going in the wrong direction.
you're on the wrong forum
you can put your merchandise on Ebay instead :D
It can be a job also, but in that case you need to make stuff on your own, like many modders actually do. Stealing other peoples' work by ripping a model from a game doesn't entitle you to claim ownership to the work. The only work done then is stealing, which can very well be ok, if the intention is sharing. But stealing stuff and then trying to get paid for the "job".... No thanks.

BEHOLD its majesty!! :bowdown:

Marie Antoinette Drama GIF by PBS

The STEER_ASSIST on the other hand, is some kind of gamma multiplier, if I got it right. That can make the FFB feel really weird, especially on DD wheels which generally have a very linear force output.
For those interested see below a detailed explanation from Lord Kunos himself.

"Steer assist is a variable power steering. It doesnt work on speed but it works on the amount of force. It's basically a gamma function, I use gamma functions a lot in AC.
So let's say you have a FF input from -1 to 1 (it's the job of the ffmult to get the actual torque and scale it down to a normalized -1 , 1 range)... the resulting FF after the steer assist will be:

assist_ff=input_ff^steer_assist

The job of steer assist is to allow the driver to feel the steer "full" at low speed with cars with heavy downforce without killing his arms if the car is going through a corner at 200kmh.

The rule for steer assist is very simple:

Are you doing a F1/LMS or other VERY high downforce car designed in the last 10/15 years?

yes ? experiment with steer assist value below 1 only AFTER you've tuned the ffmult to give you a good range of forces in the -1..1 area
no? steer assist is 1"
From Stefano Castillo

Last edited:
For those interested see below a detailed explanation from Lord Kunos himself.

"Steer assist is a variable power steering. It doesnt work on speed but it works on the amount of force. It's basically a gamma function, I use gamma functions a lot in AC.
So let's say you have a FF input from -1 to 1 (it's the job of the ffmult to get the actual torque and scale it down to a normalized -1 , 1 range)... the resulting FF after the steer assist will be:

assist_ff=input_ff^steer_assist

The job of steer assist is to allow the driver to feel the steer "full" at low speed with cars with heavy downforce without killing his arms if the car is going through a corner at 200kmh. The rule for steer assist is very simple:

Are you doing a F1/LMS or other VERY high downforce car designed in the last 10/15 years?

yes ? experiment with steer assist value below 1 only AFTER you've tuned the ffmult to give you a good range of forces in the -1..1 area
no? steer assist is 1"
From Stefano Castillo
Very good information. Based on this, I will with great confidence keep setting STEER_ASSIST=1 for all Tommy's cars as well as all other tin tops I find with other values. Thanks!

Hi guys,

I need your help to identify a sticker on the 1994 Daytona 24H Freisinger car.
1725219956616.jpeg

The text of the logo on the side of the rear wing seems to be "GRAPHICS". Does anybody know the logo, so that I can search for it and understand what is written underneath...
1725220093080.png

Thanx guys.

Hi guys,

I need your help to identify a sticker on the 1994 Daytona 24H Freisinger car.
View attachment 1385828

The text of the logo on the side of the rear wing seems to be "GRAPHICS". Does anybody know the logo, so that I can search for it and understand what is written underneath...
View attachment 1385829

Thanx guys.
You can find it on the FATurbo-Express car also from the same year. Might be worth looking at it, It does say Graphics, But idk what it's saying on the letters on the red stripe under it
1725222205530.png

Vw Gooooooooooof BTCC "Demon Tweeks" skin driven by Alan Minshaw who won at Oulton park in round 10 of the 1987 BTCC championship

2 to choose from:

1 with AO

1 without AO

(picture has no AO)

Unzip and choose what one you want and then drag that "content" folder into CM and hit install

Screenshot (654).png

Last edited:
Vw Gooooooooooof BTCC "Demon Tweeks" skin driven by Alan Minshaw who won at Oulton park in round 10 of the 1987 BTCC championship

2 to choose from:

1 with AO

1 without AO

(picture has no AO)

Unzip and choose what one you want and then drag that "content" folder into CM and hit install

View attachment 1385848
Have you by any chance come across a general config that'll change the milky external glass that Tommy uses back to normal Kunos-standard clear glass?
It's like decades-old polycarbonate that's been left in the sun.

Rising Waking Up GIF by filmeditor

So yeah long time no seee

I present you : THE GREAT UPDATE

2010 2011 2012 have been updated at the same time to reach decent quality and 2013 beta was released

You will find many fixes, shader being updated, tyre being changed to a better model.

Lot of works done on the helmets to make them better, especially the top visor part that is specific to each helmet instead of always using the schubert one

1725233614642.png

New tyres

1725233980792.png

1725233999840.png

2010 Mclaren is now good, I fixed the AO so that it isn't pixelated anymore and improved the chrome

1725234059259.png

F1 2020 helmet converted to use for some skins

1725234090442.png

And braking disc are now glowing !

1725234120206.png

This modding process was brought to you by a Steam Deck ! Running on Linux
IMG_2391.jpg

I want to thanks alexlockout, Alguecool, GT3Masters97 for their advices about Lods and brake disc

bensrac32 for his help with uv maping​

Samu - Capi64 SR and Ignacy and Deploy for their help with modifying textures

Last edited:
Hey all,
I’m looking for a bit of advice from the modding community, and I hope someone can help me out.
In anticipation of AC Evo – which recommends: 100 GB of available storage space (SSD required) . . .
My current PC has 2 Drives:
1.81 TB HDD – with 950 GB available. (My games are stored here)
232 GB SSD – with only 50 GB free space. This is where my OS is stored.

Do you recommend that I replace my SSD with a larger capacity?
Or . . . Would I be fine simply purchasing a WD_BLACK 2TB Portable External SSD?
and moving my games over to that? It says it comes with a “SuperSpeed interface up to 5Gbps”.

Thanks in advance, and any assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey all,
I’m looking for a bit of advice from the modding community, and I hope someone can help me out.
In anticipation of AC Evo – which recommends: 100 GB of available storage space (SSD required) . . .
My current PC has 2 Drives:
1.81 TB HDD – with 950 GB available. (My games are stored here)
232 GB SSD – with only 50 GB free space. This is where my OS is stored.

Do you recommend that I replace my SSD with a larger capacity?
Or . . . Would I be fine simply purchasing a WD_BLACK 2TB Portable External SSD?
and moving my games over to that? It says it comes with a “SuperSpeed interface up to 5Gbps”.

Thanks in advance, and any assistance would be appreciated.
I would get a new SSD with at least 1tb capacity. NVMe's seem to be cheaper than SATA3-SSDs at the moment, so I'd go with NVMe.

Have you by any chance come across a general config that'll change the milky external glass that Tommy uses back to normal Kunos-standard clear glass?
i have the solution without any ext stuff. Its what i do with all milky windows (i never really noticed tbh until you said). All you need to do is open the exterior glass.dds file and magic wand that dark grey away that will make the windows clear again. If you want me to do it let me know

edit: just did it dont drag and drop there is no file structure for that, the folders are marked so you no which one is in the folder just drag the .dds file over to the correct skin folder and hit overwrite. that will give you clear windows and there is still a glass texture there aswell.

!these are not for the skins i have done just the ones that came with the car!

attatched is a ext_config.ini file that will remove the headlight cover's of the Golf the red skin i done has covers in real life the blue and white one had no covers so this file should be used in that one if you want true to life. put the file in the correct skin folder and bingo, your done.

i never realised it was so easy to remove them until now, i did not even think about a ext_config in the skin folder and i should of done.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    161 bytes · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have used this in the ext_config.ini:

; commented out to get rid of milky windows
; [Material_Glass]
; Materials=GSI_WINDOW_EXT
; FilmIOR=2.0
; ThicknessMult=1.1
; BrightnessAdjustment=0.75
; ExtraLightsAdjustment=0.35

I think it's pretty much universal for Tommy's cars.

2010 2011 2012 have been updated at the same time to reach decent quality and 2013 beta was released

You will find many fixes, shader being updated, tyre being changed to a better model.

Lot of works done on the helmets to make them better, especially the top visor part that is specific to each helmet instead of always using the schubert one

View attachment 1385861

New tyres

View attachment 1385862
View attachment 1385863

2010 Mclaren is now good, I fixed the AO so that it isn't pixelated anymore and improved the chrome

View attachment 1385864

View attachment 1385865

View attachment 1385866

IMG_2391.jpg

I want to thanks alexlockout, Alguecool, GT3Masters97 for their advices about Lods and brake disc

Is there a way to display the KERS levels instead of fuel left on the steering wheel like the old F1 games ?

And pretty much all of Tommy's cars suffer from weird STEER_ASSIST and FFMULT values in car.ini. STEER_ASSIST needs to be 1.0, and FFMULT usually somewhere in the 0.75-1.25 range, depending on preference and car.

But as far as my knowledge goes, STEER_ASSIST should pretty much always be set to 1.0, for all cars.
Speaking of the Tommy mods (DTM '89 and '91 in particular), I always found the external sounds not matching (out of sinc?). Is that just me or do others have encountered this as well? Is there a fix available for this perhaps?

Last edited:

View attachment 1385861

New tyres

View attachment 1385862
View attachment 1385863

View attachment 1385864

View attachment 1385865

View attachment 1385866

IMG_2391.jpg

Where is the link? Or am I blind?

View attachment 1385861

New tyres

View attachment 1385862
View attachment 1385863

View attachment 1385864

View attachment 1385865

View attachment 1385866

IMG_2391.jpg

With a Mac keyboard, and a Microsoft-branded mouse. How very cosmopolitan of you :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back