<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can I retract my car and team name choice for now please. I am happy to wait and let other people pick first. I'll just choose from whatever's left like last time. Maybe even the BMW again as I feel I have unfinished business with it having only doing a partial season in 5.

Maybe that would be a good way to do it; get a full grid first and then pick cars in reverse order. New guys first, then in reverse championship order from BTCC5? Or something like that? I am already suspicious that the Focus has nearly 'sold out' straight away.

And have you considered running the FR cars more in line with the FF weights but on sports med instead? Tyre wear for the FR is already not an issue on the soft so a harder tyre wouldn't give any benefit in terms of lasting longer. Just less overall grip. It would also make the FR straight line speed more comparable to the FFs. I might do some testing just out of interest but not sure the FR weights can go low enough. Would maybe also have to add some weight to all the FFs?

E.g. Instead of the focus at 1200 and the bmw at 1400 both on sports soft. How about the focus at 1300 on sports soft and the bmw at 1250 on sports med. Is a 250kg weight shift enough to offset the tyres? Might be worth looking into? These are all guesstimates. I have no idea of exact figures.

Yeah OK sure. There's nothing wrong with the Ford spec really, it just so happens that this is the 3rd season that I've run it, and because of that I know it very well and I'm pretty quick in it, plus Scania's team is a Ford team as per usual. Nothing more to it than that. 'Reverse picks' is a good concept but there are very good guys who haven't raced much and are therefore down the bottom of the standings, and would get advantaged ahead of the slower guys.

I imagine a 330 on Sport Med would be quite the handful.. very skittish. :nervous: The Nissan and Crossfire straight line speeds are comparable to the FF cars - I think the lack of straight line speed is more an issue with BMW cars to be honest.

It's quite a drastic switch and to do it this late in the day on GT5 would be a bit pointless I feel. It's definitely an option to consider though on GT6 (although who knows if the new physics will throw up fresh issues! :nervous:)

💡 suggestion: what about Volkswagen Golf IV R32 ‘03 or Seat Ibiza Cupra '04 new for this season? Just thought they fit well with BTCC racing

and mrbrendon999, ive got a few ideas for the colour schemes for our team:
Body-black Wheels- black
Body- white Wheels- black
Body-midnight purple Wheels- red/yellow/gold
Body-metallic red Wheels-gold/black
what do you choose? or do you have any other suggestions? I can send you the paints 👍

mrbrendon999
howdoes black wheels is white body Sound stig

Awesome, I will send you the paints tonight, do you want anything else like racing suits/helmets, chrome paints etc? I can also send a car whilst I'm at it,

may i take a free spot? I might let it free if i won't find a teammate again.

would that be ok rolo?

Can you put me down as an independent this time.

I'm now definitely gonna miss out on the first 3 weeks of this.

rolo912011
Sure thing. I reckon you will find a team-mate this time.

I really hope so... i&rsquo;ve been losing my wish to race in those 3lone champs, hope to get it back

/ Nissan / Infiniti
Skyline Coupe 350GT '03 / G35 Coupe '03 (305 BHP, 1450KG)

Mazda
Axela 23S '03 (305 BHP, 1250KG)

Dodge
SRT4 '03 (305 BHP, 1300KG)

Chrysler
Crossfire '04 (305 BHP, 1400KG)

never seen one of these in the UCD... unless the 350gt is the premium '06 ?

Yup I have one of them. Only one though.

Got an axela and gave it a go. It's really awful and no top speed from my tests... Why was it chosen? Also to only premium cars is the ford?

If anyone is struggling for cars I have the following going spare;

G35 x2
ST170 x2
Skyline 350GT x1
330i x1
SRT4 x1
Alfa GT x1
Crossfire x1

If you want any add me as a friend and msg me saying which one you need.

And I know you have retired the Hondas for 6 but the Accord Coupe EX '03 is pretty decent if it turns out you need different or additional cars. Not Type-R decent but certainly good. 3.0 V6 which you can supercharge so good power at all times. Can lap within 1 sec of my 330i at Nurb/F @ 1250kg!

Got an axela and gave it a go. It's really awful and no top speed from my tests... Why was it chosen? Also to only premium cars is the ford?

Weight specs can change, but in my hands at 1250 it was definitely quick. You gotta drive it a little differently, granted. I need test data from others else it won't be a balanced season.

Yes, Ford the only premium this time. If that's all your interested in, go race in TOCA.

And I know you have retired the Hondas for 6 but the Accord Coupe EX '03 is pretty decent if it turns out you need different or additional cars. Not Type-R decent but certainly good. 3.0 V6 which you can supercharge so good power at all times. Can lap within 1 sec of my 330i at Nurb/F @ 1250kg!

I have run it and considered it, yeah. Ran similar pace at Laguna to what I've done in the Civics and Integra. One to watch, but hopefully this car list has it all covered.

ROB 256R
If anyone is struggling for cars I have the following going spare;

G35 x2
ST170 x2
Skyline 350GT x1
330i x1
SRT4 x1
Alfa GT x1
Crossfire x1

If you want any add me as a friend and msg me saying which one you need.

I would be grateful if you could send me a g35 to test since you have two.

I will when i'll be home, my id is the one on the left. Is yours the one listed in the profile?

Did a small test with the srt4 , wasnt impressed .

Ill leave my car choice as blank for now .

Back