<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's very commendable that rolo has listened to and understood the FR issues and is actively trying to find a solution. What does it matter what the engine type is? If the racing benefits because of it surely that's the most important thing.

T would be nice if we could find something that kept the BTCC theme, I know that it isn't a replica series, but I don't think a V8 would fit so well under the BTCC banner.

T would be nice if we could find something that kept the BTCC theme, I know that it isn't a replica series, but I don't think a V8 would fit so well under the BTCC banner.
I guess, but there's not a lot that's very 'BTCC' anyway if you start to think about it in detail. The FF or FR only 305hp limit, the sports tyres and the 3 short races format is the important factor for defining the type of series it is. If it's good, closely spec'd racing I couldn't care less what the engine or car type is.

the recent weight reduction and calendar changes may fix the issue anyway. Although GVS was good for the FF's, it was Rob and the Crossfire that brought home the bacon. Also the whole FF vs FR problem isn't helped by there being barely an FR's on the track. The FR will never dominate when there are only 2 on the track.

Yup, it wasn't brilliant. M3 Couple was one of the many in the 2:05s at GVS(R). Not really in the window we need.
Maybe just go back to the soft all round theory and choose slightly more sporty models? 330i, Crossfire (Merc SLK320 underneath) and Nissinfinti 35s are a bit lukewarm in terms of performance models.

the recent weight reduction and calendar changes may fix the issue anyway. Although GVS was good for the FF's, it was Rob and the Crossfire that brought home the bacon. Also the whole FF vs FR problem isn't helped by there being barely an FR's on the track. The FR will never dominate when there are only 2 on the track.
Yeah, the recent changes will help, no doubt. But there's always room for improvement/optimisation.

I performed better at GVSr than the Crossfire should have. I defended well when i had to, made a few opportunistic overtakes, but most crucially no significant errors all evening. I also gained positions and even inherited the lead a couple of times based on external factors (mistakes by others, pitstop issue). I wouldn't say it was a true representation of where the Crossfire was pace wise. If I finished higher up than some other people/cars I think it's mainly because on that particular evening, I drove better races.

I don't think the FR really need higher numbers to dominate. People are smart and the fact hardly anyone picks them is a good indication they're a slightly inferior choice. I'm pretty sure every pole position and fastest lap this season has been FF. HSR will probably continue that trend. So there's 16 points that the FFs have had to themselves. Looking forward to Autumn Ring/Tsukuba because it should be the first time the FRs have the advantage this season.

Last edited:
A tvr cerbera speed 12 would fit here perfectly

Not at 305Bhp and what weight? Your better off using the speed 6
The 10 camaro sounds interesting ...out of curiosity...Why no Mr`s in the line up? I'm assuming the nsx is too good and the Elise doesn't weigh enough but there are others out there ....

What about Mercs or Australian vauxhalls? Nissan silvia, or gt-86?

C63 AMG will only go down to 1403, and it was slow on Soft. All the others are way too heavy, except the SLK Kompressor, which is just too butt ugly to deserve a place.

Australian Vauxhalls have a similar problem to the C63 Merc - too heavy, not fast enough.

GT-86 may be just a bit too good, but I could check it out.

Nissan Silvia is like trying to drive a bucking bronco during an earthquake. Avoid.

Not at 305Bhp and what weight? Your better off using the speed 6
The 10 camaro sounds interesting ...out of curiosity...Why no Mr`s in the line up? I'm assuming the nsx is too good and the Elise doesn't weigh enough but there are others out there ....

Esprit not Elise and i see your point about nsx nd speed 12 was a joke :P

Maybe jumping the gun a little, but when Season 7 launches in GT6 - sign my up on the 12' Focus ST? :D

Rolo stated earlier in this thread that this would be the last Season in GT5, and there will be a One-Make Support Cup after..

He asked not long ago if we do season 7 of this on gt5 and ave 1 make for gt6 few pages back

Back