<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only real issue is that we all have our own driving style and your style may be far different to the Stig's.

Canyon and I have a slightly different driving style (mine is better), our tunes don't always match, but we both get the job done. Personally my biggest issue is my tyre wear, which is far greater than Canyon's which is due to the way I throw the car around.

:lol: You would love for me to have a shocker of a race day wouldn't you, number 2?

Besides, I'm not going to be behind Brendon. :cool:

Tbh I hope you win for the team...but I really do wish I could race this hsr because I know I'm faster than you around there...it would have helped me to catch up...but Oh well holiday with my kids is slightly more important lol

how will you feel if after a whole season of getting to know your car what it's going to be like losing to someone who only just got given it?
That would be quite frustrating.....I'll be up for beating you in your own car Brendon. I may actually tune my own Dodge from scratch and take you on. :D

Tbh I hope you win for the team...but I really do wish I could race this hsr because I know I'm faster than you around there...it would have helped me to catch up...but Oh well holiday with my kids is slightly more important lol
To be fair, you were also faster than me at Monza and sometimes at Suzuka too. :( Luckily for me, lap times don't always equal a good race result.

I'm up for a challenge after the season ends...but bear this in mind...how will you feel if after a whole season of getting to know your car what it's going to be like losing to someone who only just got given it? Lol...exact same setups for the race ...then another with minor tweaks to suit our own personal driving styles ...allowing us a little practicing time of course....

I wouldn't mind, would show me i just need more practice :P of which i can do

That would be quite frustrating.....I'll be up for beating you in your own car Brendon. I may actually tune my own Dodge from scratch and take you on. :D

To be fair, you were also faster than me at Monza and sometimes at Suzuka too.

That would be cool mate :P

Ok number 1.... how's this then? Let's see who is truelly the pace setter...no more sharing setups...it's you vs me? Is that really what you want? Lol...tbf I do owe you alot for your help with the ff setup initially ...but we are fairly even now....you can be more aggressive while I'm more towards tire life...which kinda evens us out...but you know I can push hard too...hehehe...anyway the balls in your court...lead on and just remember I'm right behind you...gaining....getting ever closer....well that's the plan anyway...lol

Ok number 1.... how's this then? Let's see who is truelly the pace setter...no more sharing setups...it's you vs me? Is that really what you want? Lol...tbf I do owe you alot for your help with the ff setup initially ...but we are fairly even now....you can be more aggressive while I'm more towards tire life...which kinda evens us out...but you know I can push hard too...hehehe...anyway the balls in your court...lead on and just remember I'm right behind you...gaining....getting ever closer....well that's the plan anyway...lol

:lol: It's a good job that I know how your sense of humour works. From the outside your post must look like we're on the brink of a team argument.

You know what I think about your driving and I know my place. ;) As for your plan....I know that you'll get closer, that's why I'm keeping my foot to the floor and making hay while the sun shines. You have a habit of jumping out from behind the bushes when I least expect it.....:nervous:

:lol: It's a good job that I know how your sense of humour works. From the outside your post must look like we're on the brink of a team argument.

You know what I think about your driving and I know my place. ;) As for your plan....I know that you'll get closer, that's why I'm keeping my foot to the floor and making hay while the sun shines. You have a habit of jumping out from behind the bushes when I least expect it.....:nervous:

Yeah I do don't I? I've really gotta stop doing that...I'm gonna get myself arrested one of these days...well you make all the hay in the sunshine that you can...just don't get sunburned.....again....Lol...as for my sense of humour...well I'm one rude,crude ,loudmouth,mofo....

Where's the like button?

ROB 256R
50 odd laps is a lot to do at HSR in a loose car and not expect to have some big accidents. Especially when you factor in having to share the track with a dozen or so other cars. I'm going for stability over outright speed (kind of have no choice tbh but ...) Anyway, most of the passes happen on the straights so there's no need to be crazy quick in the corners. If you gear it right and run no wing you should be fine in any of the FFs. No need for suicidal suspension/brake settings!

Thanx for that red, il tweak it a bit to suit my driving style, I can see alot of potential in Brendon's setup but it's better to have a stable car then a car that can only manage good lap times in the short run, il pull somin off, but I have to say brendon really changed the alfa, feels like a almost different car,

And Brendon, I used to drive aggressive too, it felt quick but with a smoother driving style I found a lot of seconds that I was loosing from throwing the car around, so I guess we do have very different driving styles

Thanx for that red, il tweak it a bit to suit my driving style, I can see alot of potential in Brendon's setup but it's better to have a stable car then a car that can only manage good lap times in the short run, il pull somin off, but I have to say brendon really changed the alfa, feels like a almost different car,

And Brendon, I used to drive aggressive too, it felt quick but with a smoother driving style I found a lot of seconds that I was loosing from throwing the car around, so I guess we do have very different driving styles

Yeah mate i tried smooth but it just didn't work for me, wad just alot slower:P

I was on the verge of rage quitting on Autumn Ring while trying to keep up with the CSL. It is so much faster than an FF on the handling tracks and also just as fast (if not faster) on the power tracks too. It has flipped the ballance and made it far worse than it is already.

The csl is too special

Maybe 10 less hp ?

I agree. It's an amazing car and probably too quick for the BTCC even at 1400kg.

Why the CSL and not an ordinary M3?

Woah, suddenly everyone loses their minds!

Always time to fine tune. If it still proves too difficult to do then yeah, I'll have a look down the list of cars I ran and see if anything else would work. Whether or not that means another M3 or a totally different car. At GVS (R) though, the M3 CSL and '10 Camaro were the only ones to break 2:04 or lower on Sport Meds.

Woah, suddenly everyone loses their minds!

Always time to fine tune. If it still proves too difficult to do then yeah, I'll have a look down the list of cars I ran and see if anything else would work. Whether or not that means another M3 or a totally different car. At GVS (R) though, the M3 CSL and '10 Camaro were the only ones to break 2:04 or lower on Sport Meds.

Just for the hell of it you should try a corvette zr1

A Honda accord maybe? Or a accord coupe? There is also a range mitsubishi hatchbacks you can consider :embarrassed:

Lexus IS200?
One of the worst FR cars ever; it's almost an insult to RWD. Even on sports soft it would be nowhere near. Not a chance on meds.

The normal M3 '04 isn't quite good enough. Even at it's 1277kg min it's miles off the CSL. I don't think 1300kg is too far off for the CSL. Camaro sounds interesting though. Like rolo says, there's plenty of time to fine tune things.

Back