<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My apologies again for spoiling Hurleyman race 3, was unintentional. :(

I'm getting way too much frustrated with my results, and no matter how hard i try or train i just seem to be stuck in the last 3 positions all the time, and alway 1.5 seconds off, due to this i'm not racing with the due calm and concentration.

Again i apologize to the other drivers i've been damaging so far. I'll try to pack it togheter to avoid crashing into others and if i can't get back to a decent competitive racing i'll take a pause.

Karsten, on race 3 I spotted that you have a rear wing. That would have seriously hurt your lap times. Try removing the wing and give HSR a few more laps, you should be much quicker.

Not sure what happened on my race 1, it was a complete disaster. Actually none of my races were very good, I wasn't happy with my performance at all. Qualifying didn't go well either, I couldn't get any draft and when I finally hooked up a good lap I didn't get to complete it before the timer ran out, I needed another 3 seconds to get over the line....soooo frustrating as I was up on split 1 + 2. :lol:

Ah well, I guess that I can't win 'em all. Hopefully that was my worst performance of the season.

Autumn Ring looks tough. Weezy did a 1:23.4 in the Crossfire and could see potential to improve. I lapped a 1:23.8, but I couldn't replicate it, all other laps were 1:24's.

Dont know how i did it but final lap of race 2 i got on the inside kerb of turn 1 like that famous initial d technique , i thought i was gonna crash but it worked out pretty well , lol

Thats why you got that big pts lead Ian for days like today , still a long way to go .

Great racing even though I finished at the back every time I really enjoyed it :)

The SkylineGT seems a very stable car for a RWD I think it just needs either a touch more power or a touch less Ballast (another 20 or 30kg) to make it more equal to the field. Very low 1.13/very top end of 1.12s was the best I could get out of it driving solo and pushing as hard as I could. Or maybe its just that I am an average driver and you guys are awesome...

Autumn ring is one of my least fav tracks so I will be needing a lot more practice to be competitive for next week.

Karsten, on race 3 I spotted that you have a rear wing. That would have seriously hurt your lap times. Try removing the wing and give HSR a few more laps, you should be much quicker.

Not sure what happened on my race 1, it was a complete disaster. Actually none of my races were very good, I wasn't happy with my performance at all. Qualifying didn't go well either, I couldn't get any draft and when I finally hooked up a good lap I didn't get to complete it before the timer ran out, I needed another 3 seconds to get over the line....soooo frustrating as I was up on split 1 + 2. :lol:

Ah well, I guess that I can't win 'em all. Hopefully that was my worst performance of the season.

Autumn Ring looks tough. Weezy did a 1:23.4 in the Crossfire and could see potential to improve. I lapped a 1:23.8, but I couldn't replicate it, all other laps were 1:24's.

i didn't have a rear wing the car's like that without one :D

Regarding my fastest lap in Race 3... That was with 280bhp, and I was angry (about the Connection Issues) - now you can see what I can really do! :lol:

Great racing even though I finished at the back every time I really enjoyed it :)

The SkylineGT seems a very stable car for a RWD I think it just needs either a touch more power or a touch less Ballast (another 20 or 30kg) to make it more equal to the field. Very low 1.13/very top end of 1.12s was the best I could get out of it driving solo and pushing as hard as I could. Or maybe its just that I am an average driver and you guys are awesome...

Autumn ring is one of my least fav tracks so I will be needing a lot more practice to be competitive for next week.

You did good for first race, my first race i was 4s off pace!

Oh, and I worked out how I fell back so far in the last race, I was only running at about 280bhp-.-
That's why I usually join last minute and run minimal laps before race 1. Like 2 or 3 max. to save the engine. Luckily I was only 1hp down after race 3. Maybe build another Focus to use in pre-race practice and keep a fresh oil one just for the races? Then you should be making max power all night.

Last edited:
Scaniabebe
Sorry I about any problems caused this evening between myself and anyone... TalkTalk is the culprit I've worked out...

I used to have talk talk, it was a disaster for me, felt like broadband was still is the developing stages, now it's O2 ftw!

I wish I took part in R2 and 3, finally a track I did well at, looking forward to Autumn Ring nxt week

Sry weezy for taking you off R1, I bounced
Off another car and I didn't see you or I would have braked cus countersteering with my setup would have sent me sideways, same happened to brendon, Sry about that guys

That's why I usually join last minute and run minimal laps before race 1. Like 2 or 3 max. to save the engine. Luckily I was only 1hp down after race 3. Maybe build another Focus to use in pre-race practice and keep a fresh oil one just for the races? Then you should be making max power all night.

I would, but I don't have the funds, or the paint to do so! ;)
Got 300 miles on the car today... I just need to remember to keep checking the Power balancer...

During 'free run' the engine oil doesn't change while online. It's only during the race that the oil starts to go and the engine power can decrease. I do an engine rebuild before each race session and I've never had a problem with power loss.

During 'free run' the engine oil doesn't change while online. It's only during the race that the oil starts to go and the engine power can decrease. I do an engine rebuild before each race session and I've never had a problem with power loss.

Same here , usually just 1 hp after final race

Never knew that. Good to know. Thanks.

No problem mate. :)

It's the same as when you're running a new car in, you can't run in a new engine using 'free run', you have to be in a race.

Watched the replays and if i could do it all again id have 2 wins instead of 2 second places .

Autumn Ring will be a tough one, hard to make passes . Race 1 will be tough to get good pts .

Sorry i wasnt able to join, i had to rush out last minute. I will definatly be available for round 5 if thats ok.

Autumn Ring will be a tough one, hard to make passes . Race 1 will be tough to get good pts .

I agree, race 1 will be tricky from near the back. There are overtaking points and areas where people will run wide and make mistakes, so hopefully we can get through the field.

Am I right assuming that it'll be about 14 or 15 laps?

I think it's a bit early to say what eventual lap times will be. I bet no-one really has a great setup yet. But you can definitely expect to be a good bit slower than the FRs. Surely not even Bren in the Dodge can top the time sheets at Autumn Ring. Could he? :scared:

I think it's a bit early to say what eventual lap times will be. I bet no-one really has a great setup yet. But you can definitely expect to be a good bit slower than the FRs. Surely not even Bren in the Dodge can top the time sheets at Autumn Ring. Could he? :scared:

All i can get is consistent low 24s at the moment but now you've said that, ima push xD :P

Weezy was looking good, so I can't see how an FF can be anywhere close to the FR's around here. It will be a big shake up in the results.

I've got a good tune on the car, but it does need some adjustments for AR. A low 1:23 is my aim, but realistically it's more likely to be a mid 23.

Brendon (by his own admission) practises from 9am to 10pm, so after his 91 hours of practising I'd expect him to be doing 1:22's.....I'm sure that he'll tell us all about his progress soon. ;) :lol: So don't count him out yet.

Practice is important and those that put in the effort can/do get the results. I like to be prepared for the races and be confident that I have a good car that I can rely on, although that didn't really help me yesterday.

Back