<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weezy was looking good, so I can't see how an FF can be anywhere close to the FR's around here. It will be a big shake up in the results.

I've got a good tune on the car, but it does need some adjustments for AR. A low 1:23 is my aim, but realistically it's more likely to be a mid 23.

Brendon (by his own admission) practises from 9am to 10pm, so after his 91 hours of practising I'd expect him to be doing 1:22's.....I'm sure that he'll tell us all about his progress soon. ;) :lol: So don't count him out yet.

Practice is important and those that put in the effort can/do get the results. I like to be prepared for the races and be confident that I have a good car that I can rely on, although that didn't really help me yesterday.

Haha thanks for doing the math for me :P

:lol: You're welcome. 13 hours a day 7 days a week, it doesn't take a genius to work that one out.

I think that we're gonna struggle on this track mate, it's not FF friendly. I think that we need to concenate on beating each other and let the FR's get on with their own thing. It'll be like two different classes on race day and we're in the bottom one.

Oh that bump you gave me....don't worry about it, it happens. I was having a bad race anyway.

:lol: You're welcome. 13 hours a day 7 days a week, it doesn't take a genius to work that one out.

I think that we're gonna struggle on this track mate, it's not FF friendly. I think that we need to concenate on beating each other and let the FR's get on with their own thing. It'll be like two different classes on race day and we're in the bottom one.

Oh that bump you gave me....don't worry about it, it happens. I was having a bad race anyway.

Ah k mate and sorry for the horn wasn't beeping at you had my stick slammed in but was plowing straight on xD but yeah, i sim to beat you, but still threat the FR if i can.

All i can get is consistent low 24s at the moment but now you've said that, ima push xD :P
You can if you want but I honestly don't think it's possible. It would be like me thinking i could be fastest at Monza. Just the wrong tool for the job unfortunately. Fastest FF is probably the best you can hope for.

I agree the FF probably won't be anywhere near the FR but that's essentially how it was at Monza, just the other way round. Horses for courses. Have to capitalise at the tracks which go your way, and damage limitation at the ones which don't.

Although, I do think some of the FR reserves are gonna come out of the woodwork for this one. Would like to see Furi give it another go in the 330i. 👍

You can if you want but I honestly don't think it's possible. It would be like me thinking i could be fastest at Monza. Just the wrong tool for the job unfortunately. Fastest FF is probably the best you can hope for.

I agree the FF probably won't be anywhere near the FR but that's essentially how it was at Monza, just the other way round. Horses for courses. Have to capitalise at the tracks which go your way, and damage limitation at the ones which don't.

Although, I do think some of the FR reserves are gonna come out of the woodwork for this one. Would like to see Furi give it another go in the 330i. 👍

Aye mate my main rival this weekend is Ian but I'm not gonna go easy if my car does suck here, as it is a fight to the death :P figuratively speaking

Weezy was looking good, so I can't see how an FF can be anywhere close to the FR's around here. It will be a big shake up in the results.

I've got a good tune on the car, but it does need some adjustments for AR. A low 1:23 is my aim, but realistically it's more likely to be a mid 23.

Brendon (by his own admission) practises from 9am to 10pm, so after his 91 hours of practising I'd expect him to be doing 1:22's.....I'm sure that he'll tell us all about his progress soon. ;) :lol: So don't count him out yet.

Practice is important and those that put in the effort can/do get the results. I like to be prepared for the races and be confident that I have a good car that I can rely on, although that didn't really help me yesterday.

That update you wanted, best is 1:23.317, consistent 1:23.4-1:23.6

Was on for about an hour this morning managed to get down to 1:22.9xx; but more consistent running 1:23.4's.

It's all about that first sector for me. If I'm slightly off line through there it can cost a lot of time

It cracks me up how this series has turned into some sort of weekly 'arms race' to see who can develop the most sophisticated 'weapon of mass (lap time) destruction'.

Had a quick shufty in my 330i from last season to see if the old girl still has it. I can confirm she most definitely does! A front row start in that thing and it should be a done deal for someone. Although the Nissinfiniti and Crossfire look a close-ish second. Just don't feel nearly as nice in the corners.

Just took my Alfa for a spin and was lapping just as fast as my crossfire (both no wing). Could just be that i'm rubbish with FR

Dont expect much this round but ill take a podium , just trying to finish and stay out of wrecks

well first of all congrats to Red,straw,and stig for winning their races at HSR...
and as for times at autumn ring...yeah red is unbeatable if he uses that bmw...1:22.041...crossfire is a little slower but still its in the 22's...thankfully so am I now...more or less consistently...altho its not as low as reds ...

and finally..thanks for the invite on race night rolo...but even if I had not already logged out and missed the invite I would have declined because I knew I would be missing the race so I didn't practice...I could hit 1:11's but I didn't have any practice with traffic so hence I would have been a liability ...and the last thing I want is to ruin anyones race by being unprepared and causing a collision...but thanks for thinking of me

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season as i will be leaving for university tomorrow. I wont be able to race as i have a class on thursdays. Thank you rolo for running this and hope to see everyone in the future at some point. Goodbye!

hurleyman24
Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season as i will be leaving for university tomorrow. I wont be able to race as i have a class on thursdays. Thank you rolo for running this and hope to see everyone in the future at some point. Goodbye!

Good luck at uni Hurley and take care
c ya soon m8, bye

Class on Thursday's...that's no excuse:sly:

Enjoy your time at Uni Hurley 👍

Back