<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ian_83
Oh, almost forgot, thanks to the amazing Stig too. ;)

Stig - that focus is rapid mate, it's faster than our Alfa even with me at the controller.

Why what Sorta laps did it do?
I was quite pleased with me and my alfa, I went off twice and caught up to u, making up 3secs, but the overtake I did on Scaniabebe wasn't fair, however I see alot more potential in alfa then focus around autumn ring maybe this is cus my focus has a bad setup, I can definitely do a 22.5 solo if I really try.

Amazing Stig?? Not sure where that came from lol

Thanks to scania and skeng for the race tonight. It was interesting to see what I could do while driving the Focus. 👍

It's fine mate, I feel confident for a clean and interesting race on Thursday! :D

Still no results rolo? :embarrassed:

Yeah, I raised a point and we're in debate again! :P

Oh, almost forgot, thanks to the amazing Stig too. ;)

Stig - that focus is rapid mate, it's faster than our Alfa even with me at the controller.

I told you the Focus was quick, in the right hands (and that's not mine)! :lol:

No thanks to me :'(?
Who are you?

Why what Sorta laps did it do?
I was quite pleased with me and my alfa, I went off twice and caught up to u, making up 3secs, but the overtake I did on Scaniabebe wasn't fair, however I see alot more potential in alfa then focus around autumn ring maybe this is cus my focus has a bad setup, I can definitely do a 22.5 solo if I really try

The focus is faster than that. ;)

There are several areas on Autumn Ring where I found the Focus to be much stronger than the Alfa. The cornering speeds and the grip of that car amazed me, I was taking the final turn onto the start finish straight much faster. You know the tiny little right hand ben (last turn) the focus is 3 or 4 mph faster through there everytime. I could hold a much better line in the Focus, it was more stable when changing direction and the brakes are much better too.

If driven right, the Ford is faster than the Alfa on that track and it's easier to drive so less chance of making an error. Unless I did something amazing with my Focus tune (highly unlikely) I think that we're going to struggle against them.

Who are you?

The focus is faster than that. ;)

There are several areas on Autumn Ring where I found the Focus to be much stronger than the Alfa. The cornering speeds and the grip of that car amazed me, I was taking the final turn onto the start finish straight much faster. You know the tiny little right hand ben (last turn) the focus is 3 or 4 mph faster through there everytime. I could hold a much better line in the Focus, it was more stable when changing direction and the brakes are much better too.

If driven right, the Ford is faster than the Alfa on that track and it's easier to drive so less chance of making an error. Unless I did something amazing with my Focus tune (highly unlikely) I think that we're going to struggle against them.

Idk who am i...

A little trick that sometimes works with the Focus is to change up earlier than you'd normally, as most of the torque from that Volvo Engine is down lower in the range...

Scaniabebe
I told you the Focus was quick, in the right hands (and that's not mine)! :lol:
:lol: Yeah sorry about that mate. :) God only knows what I could have done with a bit of tuning time. At least I've now proven that I'm not quick just because I have the Alfa. 👍

:lol: Yeah sorry about that mate. :) God only knows what I could have done with a bit of tuning time. At least I've now proven that I'm not quick just because I have the Alfa. 👍

I never thought that the Alfa was giving an advantage over the Sanitary Towel (also known as the Focus St) :lol:

A little trick that sometimes works with the Focus is to change up earlier than you'd normally, as most of the torque from that Volvo Engine is down lower in the range...
I'd say that's true of any turbo car to a certain extent.

Ian_83
The Ford does have a huge amount of torque, that would be why.

I guess autumn ring gives torquay cars the advantage, as far as I know Hondas are known for being low on torque

Also true for NA cars too. :)
Less so. More often than not it's best to rev them to the death. If using the power limiter like we all are it kind of changes things because you are artificially creating an extended range of peak power. Which allows you to shift earlier and still drop in at peak power for the next gear.

It's a myth Hondas have low torque. For the size of their engines they actually produce normal amounts of torque. Just way above what is considered normal hp.

I'd be more inclined to think the Focus just has a better chassis for twisty circuits. It is a hot hatch after all! The Alfa, not so much.

Hoping for the results today 👍

Results from High Speed Ring:

Race 1:

1. TheOldStig (warning)
2. skengdigi
3. Red_Leader
4. Mrbrendon999
5. Scaniabebe (warning)
6. PleaseD1e
7. rolo912011
8. hurleyman24
9. Weezy_7
10. karsten_beoulve
11. Strawman__Andy
12. Sig1611

Fastest Lap: Mrbrendon999 - 1:11.147
Lap Leaders: Scaniabebe, Mrbrendon999, skengdigi, rolo912011, karsten_beoulve, PleaseD1e, TheOldStig
(Sig1611 pit glitched so his lead lap doesn't count)

Race 2:

1. Red_Leader
2. Mrbrendon999
3. skengdigi
4. Scaniabebe
5. hurleyman24
6. rolo912011
7. PleaseD1e
8. Strawman__Andy
9. karsten_beoulve
10. Weezy_7
11. Sig1611
DNF. TheOldStig

Fastest Lap: Mrbrendon999 - 1:11.194
Pole Position: skengdigi
Lap Leaders: Mrbrendon999, Strawman__Andy, Scaniabebe, rolo912011, Red_Leader

Race 3:

1. Strawman__Andy
2. skengdigi
3. PleaseD1e
4. Weezy_7
5. rolo912011
6. Red_Leader
7. Scaniabebe
8. hurleyman24
9. Sig1611
10. karsten_beoulve

Fastest Lap: Scaniabebe - 1:10.963
Lap Leaders: Weezy_7, Strawman__Andy, skengdigi, rolo912011, PleaseD1e, Scaniabebe

---------​

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or if you want to appeal. Appeals must be made within 24 hours of this post.

Points up shortly.

Latest Points:​

Drivers' Points:

bwlf.png

Teams' Points:

w8lj.png

Manufacturers' Points:

hqzd.png

Independents' Points:

i4gn.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Autumn Ring (29/08/13)

Laps: 15

Pit Window: 6 - 9

---

Race 1 Grid:

(rabbit_9-8)
1. vylkrie
(Furinkazen)
(gedi69)
2. Sig1611
(GTP_PaulMac)
3. mosendtner
4. Weezy_7
5. Scaniabebe
6. hurleyman24
7. karsten_beoulve
8. TheOldStig
9. Mrbrendon999
10. rolo912011
11. canyondrifter
12. Red_Leader
13. Strawman__Andy
14. skengdigi
15. PleaseD1e

All done, sorry for the wait.

If everyone dropped a score right now:

1. PleaseD1e - 155
2. skengdigi - 146
3. canyondrifter - 140
4. Red_Leader - 132
5. Strawman__Andy - 129
6. rolo912011 - 107

All done, sorry for the wait.

If everyone dropped a score right now:

1. PleaseD1e - 155
2. skengdigi - 146
3. canyondrifter - 140
4. Red_Leader - 132
5. Strawman__Andy - 129
6. rolo912011 - 107

Thanks mate and good to see its still close between romeo-o-Romeo and buckfast, let the fight continue rob & weez! Oooh and humberside,its a battle for 2nd in the teams!

Ill need a better 2nd half than 1st half to become first double champ .

I think that you've potentially got this one now. My performances are going south.

EDIT// Just seen the drop score addition.....that doesn't look so bad for me.

EDIT 2// I'm in Rolo's lounge if anyone is up for a practice.

Last edited:
This got a bit lost in discussion, but considering how well FR did at High Speed Ring, does anyone feel Tsukuba should be switched back to Daytona Road?

Tactically I should be saying Tsukuba but I actually really like Daytona Road. Plus it has a good Rockingham vibe to it. I'd prefer Daytona even though my car will not.

For the one make no tuning race, we should use RUF btr's, they are challenging has heck to drive and really fun,so it'll separate the grannies from the kimi's

Back