Cappuccino Cup Racing (RM) - SEASON 1 COMPLETE!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,431 comments

Best Race Day/Times (Top 2 Will Be Chosen)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrosifDuder
:lol: Actually you guys would be a bit south of the wristwatch/shirt cuff area. :dopey:

Who was on pole for Tuesday's race?

We are the trick up your sleeve ;)

Even bigger coincidence, I came to Mich as a child...I was born in Gary, Indiana

BrosifDuder
:lol: Actually you guys would be a bit south of the wristwatch/shirt cuff area. :dopey:

Who was on pole for Tuesday's race?

Actually, we're probably the pocket-protector. Lol

Yuritarded/johnnypenso was on pole with a 1:13.59 and iforce was right behind with a 1:13.67.

Only if the baseball game gets rained out.

No the game is tonight.

I told my GF I am taking a sabbatical from weekend social activities so hopefully she agrees and lets me stay in tomorrow night.

BrosifDuder
No the game is tonight.

I told my GF I am taking a sabbatical from weekend social activities so hopefully she agrees and lets me stay in tomorrow night.

I see............for a minute there I thought I might have a chance at victory. Dammit.

:lol:

No the game is tonight.

I was on the same wavelength as Brandon (hoping for a win) but i dont think you have raced in a friday night race yet have you? It would be nice to have you there so i can compare my speed with yours. If i can keep up with ofcourse...

vodas888
I was on the same wavelength as Brandon (hoping for a win) but i dont think you have raced in a friday night race yet have you? It would be nice to have you there so i can compare my speed with yours. If i can keep up with ofcourse...

You've got a chance against him, Vodas, the 'RedCapps' have got your back!:sly:

Once I get home, I need to practice a bit.

Last time I tried this track with this car, I was terribad. :lol:

You've got a chance against him, Vodas, the 'RedCapps' have got your back!:sly:

Excellent, mwahahaha....

On that subject, how the hell do i upload a photo of my new colours....

I have the photo on my PC ready to go

Excellent, mwahahaha....

On that subject, how the hell do i upload a photo of my new colours....

I have the photo on my PC ready to go

Upload the photo to a site like imageshack (free, no registration necessary). Once it's uploaded you will see "links for this photo" and under that will be "direct link". Copy and paste that address into the GTP thread with image brackets on either side, like this:

take the spaces out from in between the brackets, I just had to put the spaces in so it wouldn't turn it into a link.

If you "quote" a thread that has a photo in it you will see what I mean. 👍

B

Practice room is up. 1472.6118.4259.7714.0303

Edit: 1472.4711.0510.9354.1637. Got disconnected first time...

Edit: room closed.

Last edited:
Here we go then:

88_a.jpg

Success!!!! Thanks B

U mite need this one too, as it is a view you mite see a bit of this weekend :sly:

88.jpg

Last edited:
So what do people think about the fun lobby after our serious races?...so we can just relax and have crazy fun.

I've noticed people like to discuss the race in a room afterwards...

But it seemed like snoopy was hosting some races in his practice room. I joined in for one, and it was fun.

I've noticed people like to discuss the race in a room afterwards...

But it seemed like snoopy was hosting some races in his practice room. I joined in for one, and it was fun.

So what do people think about the fun lobby after our serious races?...so we can just relax and have crazy fun.

I can do this on Saturday's but on Tuesday and Friday I'm usually headed to bed shortly after the race. I get up early for work during the week so my schedule is slightly skewed towards the earlier hours. I'd love to do some fun races when my schedule permits though! Can't get enough of those Capp's! :)

B

Had some great short races in Snoop's practice room last night. It seems that myself and Snoop have each been trying to master opposite ends of the track, every lap we ran we were bumper to bumper, but I was able to freely chose any corner of the first half of the track to make a clean pass on exit, while Snoop was easily able to chose his corner from the last half of the track and fly right by me. Unfortunately for me, the finish line resides on the second half.:grumpy: Also, keep an eye on CAMikaze tonight, I think he's determined to make up for that late race spin from Tues night. While Snoop and myself were playing leap-frog, in just 5 laps Cam was able to pull away by about a third of the track! Should be a good race tonight, see ya there!

Last edited:
In an effort to keep things simple and non-confusing, I will be hosting the Friday Night Race tonight. Mule has done a great job of hosting, but after some confusion and connection problems last week I think that it would be best if I handle the hosting when I'm attending the Friday race. I might not always be able to make the Friday races and if/when that happens Mule will be the host for the race.

Mule, I wanted to say in front of the group that I can't thank you enough for hosting Friday nights. I think that was really a key part of getting the schedule and group organized into time slots that fit a wide variety of regions and it's worked out great. This is by no means a "demotion" of any kind, just an effort to keep things as simple as possible.

I'm looking forward to redeeming myself after Tuesday night's race, so when you arrive at Grand Valley tonight be on the lookout for a blazing white Cappuccino flying past you!! :)

B

Looks like I missed an eventful race on Tuesday. I would have been there... but the dreaded YLoD had other plans for me. :yuck: My beloved launch model PS3 gave up the ghost in the midst of a Portal 2 co-op session. I guess the metaphysical aperture science of space-time wrinkles was too much for it to handle. *Taps and a 21 gun salute*

After a gilksy guided motherboard reflow to temporarily resurrect it and a successful data transfer to a new slim model, I'm ready to get back into the best brew of caffeine and gasoline on the internet! 👍

@StigsHero: Not that I am a huge proponent of handing out penalties (after all, I'm the beneficiary of perhaps the biggest single example of sportsmanship for entire current Capp Cup to date courtesy of Lancer), but I feel compelled to throw a couple ideas out there for you since you asked. You are a great race organizer; I want to try and help a little!

It strikes me that in keeping with your goal of simpler generally equaling better, the only relatively low-maintenance penalty system you could implement would be based off of post race replay reviews.

Basically, I was thinking of something comparable to how F1 race stewards assess penalties post race. The question is whether you want to go with a qualitative or quantitative penalty system. Personally, I think in this case it would be best to use a quantitative system. With a qualitative system, you open yourself to too much subjectivity by trying to assess how comparatively severe any given infringement is. Using a quantitative system, all penalties are the same. The driver is either deemed guilty of an infringement or not. The penalty simply becomes more severe with each successive infringement. Everyone is treated equally and repeat offenders who do not clean up their driving pay the price.

• Replay based penalty system
    • StigsHero (or someone designated by him) is sole judge and executioner of penalties.
    • Complaints and deliberation can be conducted via PMs, but if a penalty is assessed it can be announced on the thread so fellow Capp Cup members can help monitor and enforce it.
    • No complaints can be submitted during the race where the infringement occurred (too complicated to assess and enforce in the middle of a race).
    • A running tally will be kept of each driver's total quantity of infringements (maybe post them publicly in the OP?). A driver's infringement record is independent of specific races and carries over throughout the duration of the Capp Cup.
    • Multiple infringements can be made during a single race, therefore more than one penalty can be accrued by a single driver per race.

• Penalties
    • 1st infringement: 5 place grid spot penalty at next race
      • This penalty is light. If the driver is quick, it may not affect the race result much. If the driver is slow, they may already be at the back. This is kind of like a warning that is still a clear penalty.
    • 2nd infringement: 20 second penalty
      • 20 seconds will be added to your total race time. The impact of this penalty is again indefinite. It is more severe to those higher up the finishing order depending on the final time gaps. However, if a driver was dirty moving through the field, the penalty will be meaningful.
    • 3rd infringement: 1 race ban
      • The field gets a reprieve from the repeat offender while they ponder the worth of their driving skills, their real motivations for driving in the Capp Cup, and the meaning of life.
    • 4th infringement: 25 point penalty and 1 race ban
      • 25 points will be subtracted from the offender's point total for that day's championship and they will be banned from the next race.
    • 5th infringement: Ban from Capp Cup
      • Self explanatory
Anyway, that's just some food for thought. Now that I just read all this crap I've typed out, I'm not even sure I think it's simple enough or effective! :dunce:

Last edited:
It was a good testing session yesterday. Thanks for the folks who showed up. I ended up running the Giulia TZ2, which is one of my favorite car to look at and to drive. I wish I can tune every one of my car to handle like the Giulia. After tonight, I may run it at the fun session.

I ended up running the Giulia TZ2, which is one of my favorite car to look at and to drive. I wish I can tune every one of my car to handle like the Giulia. After tonight, I may run it at the fun session.

I am in the same boat as you bromigo! I love that Giulia!!! :)

Hoping to be there for the race tonight. Can someone tell me what the best way of taking the first sweeping turn is? (Turns 1 and 2)

Is it worth hitting the rumble strip before taking turn 2?

It really depends on your setup as to if you can hit the rumble strip or not. I try not to hit it, I've got pedal to the floor entering turn one, let off as soon as I straiten the wheel, light brake as I set myself up for turn two and try to keep speed no lower then 70 mph through the turn. 74 mph is the highest speed I've maintained through turn two

Pay attention during race though, I've noticed alot of drivers using brake just before turn one, I have to adapt my entry if someone is in front of me.

Last edited:
The way I do penalties in the Integras (which I only had to give out 1, which was subsequently appealed and removed after a closer look) is this:

Drive A punts Driver B off the track accidentally and does not stop and wait for Driver B to rejoin the track, and overtake Driver A, then Driver A gets a time penalty of however many seconds Driver A finished ahead of Driver B +1, so Driver A will officially finish behind Driver B

If for whatever reason it was intentional, then Driver A would still get the time penalty, and would also be suspended from the next race.

As for Hosting, I've talked to Brandon, and it's fine by me. I figured out the reasons behind my connection problems, and have eliminated them. We also got new, Fiber internet on Wednesday, as opposed to our old Cable internet (which was still god-tier internet, btw). As far as I know, I'm still a steward, so if you have a problem after the race, you can PM me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back