Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Both 'Bob' and I drove the car last night, lots of fun. She sure is speedy :)

Yeah practice because I am no fan of the make believe 'ring'(s); so rarely do I visit/choose these tracks.

Note some of the track is almost actually nauseating for me- the elevated portion with the stripe patterned shoulder is :yuck:

Shin - I looked and turns out I have no matt(e) black paint chips :dunce:

I tried to gift you my chromeline Audi, but game would not allow it :ouch:

I can return the 2 chromes if you like; actually I'll buy the LFA (twice) and send you the paint chips; it's only credits eh :)

Hey, more than 2000 posts for me: Total Posts 2,017

Last edited:
hey guys,

not sure if I will be around on Sunday as I'm going to see shrek at the theater for the miss birthday... Great fun..... Lol I don't have a clue what the times are so I might be there.

just thought I'll give you a heads up

Did you receive your matte black paint Shin? I bought 6 of those LFa's just to get the balck and pink, lime paints :lol:

Going home early from work I'l be on between 9pm - Midnite BST.

Unless I am on F1 2011 :)

im probably not going to participate for a few weeks cus we have the most important exams now in college(math,slovene,chemistry, u know the drill...)
So have fun and drive clean :D

Very basic chain of events, stepped on mirror, broke my Golf :(

Tomorrow I'll be clutch or drift shaft shopping. Be back on GT5 as soon as poss!

I'll talk to ya'll then 👍

:irked:

Looking forward to tonight guys 👍

Sorry I haven't been very active in the thread this week Captain, been a busy week both at work and at home...bummer!

Had some time to get a few miles run in on the car though, and the obligatory 'dodgy paint job' slapped on it, :lol:

Off to put a few more miles on it now between btcc races, see you tonight gents :cheers:

Shame about the turnout the other night, had a lot of fun racing nonetheless though 👍

Hopefully a bigger grid will come for this weeks combo, which is.......?

Sorry i couldnt make it, was in london watching "Shrek".
If no one has been to the theater or thinks its a bit boring (i was the same) well i will prove you wrong, buy your girlfriend tickets for this and see will love you even take your kids if you got them, is very funny haha.

anyway back to topic yea il be racing this week ;)

Disappointed with the turnout on sunday. Appreciate those that told me they couldnt make it though. Unfortunetely the meet was unofficial, because not enough competitors showed.

On to the next one. Running in this weekends car as we speak, criteria will be up this evening.

Disappointed with the turnout on sunday. Appreciate those that told me they couldnt make it though. Unfortunetely the meet was unofficial, because not enough competitors showed.

On to the next one. Running in this weekends car as we speak.

Which is? :)

On to the next one. Running in this weekends car as we speak, criteria will be up this evening.

👍

No work for me this Thursday or Friday so i'll have plenty of time to practice. :)

Please let the Nordschleife and Comfort tyres be in the criteria. 👍

I love comfort tyres :bowdown:

👍

No work for me this Thursday or Friday so i'll have plenty of time to practice. :)

Please let the Nordschleife and Comfort tyres be in the criteria. 👍

I love comfort tyres :bowdown:

So do I, but this week they're staying on the shelf ;) Criteria will be up in a few more minutes gents, then I'll probably be on GT5 racing this beauty!

astoncurrent.png

This is another car I've been waiting to drive in anger, and the recent Forza 4 advert has inspired me to bring it to you now. Seen by most around the world as the pinnicle of UK sports car cool, it oozes elegance. That said there is a fire breathing monster just underneath the skin ready to go racing. With no british tracks to speak of in GT, it gives us the perfect oppertunity to kick in Turn 10's back door and show them GT5 still has a few lessons to teach. See you stateside gentlemen, we'll show them how racing is meant to be done!

Scheduled Event: Sunday 9th 8pm (BST)
Track: Road Course Indy [-] Road Course Daytona [-] Laguna Seca [-]

Car: Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
Tyres: Race Hard
Aero Parts: Front Aero Type A or B, Rear Aero Type B
Tuning Parts: Weight Reduction Stage 3, Carbon Hood, Sport ECU, Stage 2 Engine Tuning, Sport Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sport Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter, Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust, 6 Speed Close Ratio Gearbox, Twin Clutch, Semi-Racing Flywheel, Carbon Propeller Shaft, Fixed Sport Suspension Kit
Settings: Power Restrictor @ 99.1% [621bhp] +3kg [1400kg] Ballast Position @ [-5] Rear DownForce @ [12]
Traction Control: Optional
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

I may tweak the downforce and ballast positions this week, due notice will be given if that is the case. For now though, as always, leave all settings as default.

Last edited:
I must admit i was a little skeptical when i saw the criteria.
But after a few short races last night i'm glad to say the DB9R is a wonderfully balanced gripmobile. The sound is a bit off and the gears are too short, but it's a wonderful machine.
Get practicing guys, this will be a great Sunday.
Thanks to Shin for cooking up this beauty. 👍

: INFO :

It only took a short while to fine tune this car for better balance last night, so check the Settings section in the Current Criteria to make sure your car is Concours ready 👍​

As for the sound V, I got the best out of it with the exhausts on offer, but you're right about it being off for sure :( And with the gearing, I went with the short ratio box as a quick fix limiter. No one should be able to exceed 185/190mph, so it stops people bump drafting, (which is illegal anyway), and slipstreaming away at the front.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the combo. I have a better feel for cars on sports or comfort tyres in general, but the DB9 isnt so grippy you can get away with careless inputs. It'll be another intense one this weekend, I'm looking forward to it :D

Last edited:
But after a few short races last night i'm glad to say the DB9R is a wonderfully balanced gripmobile. Get practicing guys, this will be a great Sunday.Thanks to Shin for cooking up this beauty. 👍

I'm with V on this one. C'mon racers, let's have a full grid of Aston's this sunday :cool:

In theory standard cars could be used yes! However the problem remains where not everyone has the same collection. At least with the premium dealerships you know everyone has the same choice. The online dealership therefore is probably the only feasable alternative.

To be honest the thing I'm most looking forward to introducing, is new RM machines on new downoadable tracks! Together with even better physics and more control over my lobbies. We're still no where near having used the full complement of premium cars either, but fresh tracks and shiny new vehicles can only be a good thing.

Save your pennies boys. I'll be buying ALL the DLC when it hits!! :D

Speaking of the OCD, you guys should snap up a Cateram Fireblade or two if you dont already have one. This car will feature at concours once the inrerior view is available :D

Speaking of the OCD, you guys should snap up a Cateram Fireblade or two if you dont already have one. This car will feature at concours once the inrerior view is available :D

I was going to mention this! I think the racing will be that close that we could get away with racing at the Top Gear test track. :P

After a quick session last night i finally figured out what the Aston sounds like.
It's a TVR AJP flat plane crank V8, you know the one used in the early Cerberas.
I can also report that the Aston doesn't have bi-xenon lights and that the TransCammer is a useless winter car.

:lol:

That was a riot! And I think the next practice session may feature the Trans Cammer too ;)

You're right about the aston, sounds like old school race tuning. I'm enjoying that car, even though I dont have the consistancy yet :ouch:

See you soon guys. Cheers 👍

I am eagerly waiting for Spec2 and DLCs too! We'll have many, many, many new things and abilities. Replay ability for fwd/rwd is one of the features long time needed for such a game, i.e.

Back