Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
I'm with you there Pag, not had as much practice as I'd of liked but looking forward to racing the Aston all the same. See you tonight lads 👍

I am sorry but I won't be there tonight (I wasn't last week either). I have been pretty busy these last two weeks. Have fun Concours.

I'm afraid i have some bad news concerning old yeller. He was caught speeding. His legs were too long, he ran too fast.
Worse still, Jean Todd have gotten a whiff of this and has suggested we "take him out le back and shoot him". Luckily Mr. Briatore pointed out that the owner was to blame and suggested he be made to wear a Pink dress and Green shoes next weekend as punishment.

Last edited:
:lol:

I can assure you though mate, six speed close ratio definitely installed! My current performance after the race weekend and 237.7 miles, 621BHP/6700rpm, 72kgfm/5700rpm, 2.21kg/BHP. I check and double check that regs are met before each and every race weekend. You wont catch me out ;)

As for the pink dress, check out week 7 results. Crispy would throw a hissy fit if I stole his outfit!

I really want to race with this group but it's hard for me to get online at 3pm here.

Hi mate. Thanks for your interest. With regards to race times, I'm afraid this is when we race every single week. 8pm BST on a sunday evening. However, a lot of club members play GT5 around the clock!

You are perfectly welcome to join the club, make new friends etc. If you want to join in practice sessions that fine with me too. If you can make the races on sunday, well thats a bonus 👍

Got the results from this weekend here guys. It was close at the top between myself and Crispy but my race wins took me to the top step. Coming in close behind was John with a very consistant race meet. I really enjoyed this combo, the Aston is a great machine and Indy road is a favourite of mine too. With regards to next weeks combo, I will be holding off posting until spec II is downloaded and installed. Take it easy guys. I'll catch you in the week 👍

: Week Twenty Seven, Aston Martin DB9 :

astonRresult.png

- The mystery has been solved!

If you buy the gearbox before you tune the engine you get 16/17 mph extra top speed!

I just bought a new Aston, installed the gearbox, and then tuned the engine.
Top speed: 334 km/h - 208 mph

If you do it the other way around (like everyone else did)
Top speed: 308 km/h - 191/192 mph

So, you better send those paint chips in return shin, my bad :embarrassed:

Last edited:
- The mystery has been solved!

If you buy the gearbox before you tune the engine you get 16/17 mph extra top speed!

I just bought a new Aston, installed the gearbox, and then tuned the engine.
Top speed: 334 km/h - 208 mph

If you do it the other way around (like everyone else did)
Top speed: 308 km/h - 191/192 mph

So, you better send those paint chips in return shin, my bad :embarrassed:

Well thats weird. And stupid!

You can rest easy though, as even though the box says 208 there's no way to achieve it. The max I could get before braking at Indy turn one is 183mph. Exactly the same as other people from what my replay shows.

I wonder if Spec II will fix this, or if PD even know about it? :ouch:

Lol, that is weird, and tremendously stupid :lol:

Well done Shin for taking the top step, although things would have been different had I been released from the pits when the crew finished instead of being held there for what seemed like an eternity at Daytona, haha!

But, at the end of the day it's a funny old game :ouch:, and I had alot of fun in the Astons last night. Great stuff guys, cheers :cheers:

And so, Spec 2 awaits...

...but isn't that next week shin? :dopey:

And so, Spec 2 awaits...

...but isn't that next week shin? :dopey:

Umm,.. its tomorrow right!? :D

Atleast I hope it is.

Oh and as for the pit incident, I feel pretty confident that its because you steamed in at full speed! :lol: The FIA enforce a time penalty while you're in your pit box for that ;)

Looks like last night was good! Yeah the Aston at Indy Road is a properly good combo. Can't wait for spec 2.0 and spec 2.0 Concours. :D

Good fun again, especially Daytona Road (my best race)👍. It does ding you if you come into the pits too hot!

I especially enjoyed Disaster's ad-lib and using the pit exit to keep it going in the right direction :lol:

I'll post some pics later.

Is SPEC II really this week?

ANSWER:
UPDATE: A batch of new screenshots featuring the Spec 2.0 changes and additions have now been released. The release date for 2.0 has also been set for October 11th, as confirmed by the PlayStation Blog.

Last edited:
I especially enjoyed Disaster's ad-lib and using the pit exit to keep it going in the right direction :lol:

Yeah thanks Jack, a scary moment :scared: I propose we all have to use the pit exit during a normal (un-pitted) lap in future races at Daytona road :sly:

Great fun as always guys :cheers:

I've already downloaded Spec II, and am now downloading the new intro movie.

Cant wait to have a watch and then get stuck into some standard cars with cockpits :D

Did anyone see the latest blog post too? I dont think any of ya'll will be disappointed with the track edition. I feel an enduro in some new cars coming on :sly:

firebladecurrent.png

Could I of envisaged a more brilliant combo for this week had Spec II not arrived? The short answer is no. In real life, this has to be one of the most exciting rides for the money this side of a motorbike. Seriously wait till you get this car on track, its driving perfection it really is. Not too fast, not at all slow, always on the edge and assaulting your every sense. Its ace! And I know I harp on about this more than I should, but at least try this once with this combo. Cockpit cam, HUD switched off, Narrow field of view. GT5 couldn't be better.

Scheduled Event: Sunday 16th 8pm (BST)
Track: Nurburgring Nordschliefe [10]

Car: Cateram Seven Fireblade
Tyres: Sport Medium
Aero Parts: N/A
Tuning Parts: Twin Clutch, Semi-Racing Flywheel, Carbon Propeller Shaft
Settings: Power Restrictor TBC, Ballast Adjustment TBC
Traction Control: Optional
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

I have had a quick go with the supercharger installed and felt like it took away from the overall feel of the Cateram. I will however be testing in a pack to confirm this.​

Fine choice of car and track mon Capitan 👍

I'll be on this evening for some practice/testing/ramming/crashing/destruction sessions :D

The driver avatars will be nice and visible too; will make for some nice photos on the Ring; let's get a full grid, racers :)

Firstly, I am very sorry from everyone I hit last weekend.

Secondly, let's see what new features and new physics from spec2 will bring at online racing.

Thirdly, what's your thoughts about tuning restriction option for Concours? I tend to like it.

Thirdly, what's your thoughts about tuning restriction option for Concours? I tend to like it.

Me too. For combos where no tuning is required I can be 100% that competitors all have matching equipment. Its a great addition for Concours. And also shuffle fans. The randomness of car selection in shuffle races is nice, but being able to choose and then restrict any car from any garage is brilliant.

Very pleased with Spec II so far 👍

why does it say tc is optional but last night it was banned?

Sorry mate, slip of the finger. I forgot to change it back after you'd mentioned it too. TC will be available on sunday though ;)

Back