Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
: Week Twenty Nine, Spa-Francorchamps :

Download content became available for the first time ever in Gran Turismo history this week, and to celebrate we'll be heading to Spa! I can fully appreciate however that not everyone was able to get it in time for this weekend. Fortunetely, as I do have it, all of you are able to race on it. That said, you will need a car to race in.

This week sees a return of the multi class race format. The second car will be available to anyone who wants to use it. It is not limited to those without DLC. Choose your vehicle and let the racing commence 👍

rx7tccurrent.png

No time to write, cant stop, racing Spa!

Scheduled Event: Sunday 23rd 8pm (BST)
Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps [-]

Car: Mazda RX-7 TC [GT1]
Tyres: Race Hard
Aero Parts: N/A
Tuning Parts: Prohibited
Settings: Prohibited
Traction Control: Optional
Brake Bias: Optional
ABS: Optional
Pit Stop: Mandatory

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

Alternate car can be found below for non DLC competitors.​

tvrrmcurrent.png

Scheduled Event: Sunday 23rd 8pm (BST)
Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps [-]

Car: TVR Tuscan Speed 6
Tyres: Race Hard
Aero Parts: Racing Modification

: Track guide :

trackmap.png

The upcoming information has a general consensus about it, and one that I wish to impliment for all future Concours races. It concerns track boundaries, and from here on in I do not consider curbs to be track. To be clean at Concours, two wheels must remain in contact with the tarmac at all times. I do not wish to see clouds of dirt and grass in the pursuit of a tenth or two. Clean will mean exactly that.

There are a few corners in particular that I want to bring your attention to at Spa. First of which is Radillon [3], the left had kink at the top of the difficult Eau Rouge. As mentioned above, make sure to keep two wheels on the tarmac at all times.

The image below shows a dirty example of Radillon. From the drivers seat looking forward, the race track is on the right hand side. Two wheels must remain in contact.

radillon.png

Pouhon, or Double Gouche [10-11]. This very fast corner demands concentration. Infact all three examples here are fast corners, so practice literally makes perfect. The image below shows a clean example of Pouhon. Two wheels barely but clearly in contact with the tarmac.

pouhon.png

Campus [14] A very tricky right hander near the end of the lap. Slightly tighter than it first appears, with trackside astro right on the edge of the curb. Anyone trying to gain time here will most likely find themselves in a spin. The image below shows a clean example of Campus, two wheels still in contact with the tarmac.

campus.png

Blanchimont [17] The last fast turn to the finish line. Can be very tempting to keep the hammer down, but as always I will be checking replays to verify sportsmanship. Dont let me catch you out! The image below shows a clean example of Blanchimont. Two wheels are clearly in contact with the Tarmac.

blanchimont.png

Obviously we all make mistakes from time to time, and if you find yourself wide in any of these corners, lift off the throttle to acknowledge your mistake and lose the advantage. What you must not do in any circumstance is continue on having gained time, or use this in order to pass an opponent. Severe penalties will be issued in these circumstances.

This final image is just an iteration of the point about corner cutting. This will be the absolute limit of how far into a corner you can turn. On the curb, but not over it and into the grass. The image below shows a clean example of hitting an apex.

tight.png

And thats it guys. Hopefully you will all agree that cracking down on little things like this improve the experience for all. Have a great week guys, and I'll see you on sunday to round it off with a bang 👍

Have Fun :)

fun.png

Last edited:
Captain Roh
Happy Birthday Ken 👍 Have a good one mate.
If my plans for the weekend were similar I dont think I'd ever come back, never mind race at Concours in the evening ;)

All the best chap.

Hi Melturn, I'll add you this evening so we can get some track time together as soon as possible. Either tonight or tomorrow is preferable, but you must practice with us first if you plan on racing on a weekend. 👍

Hi Captain
Thanks for that.Won't be able to make tonight or tomorrow night as I am working 12 hour shifts.I work a sort of continental shift pattern which means that I get a fair amount of time off as well as working 12 hour shifts.I am at home on Sat,Sun and Monday coming.Hope I can join you asap but no worries if it's too late for this weekend.I am on GT5 most days when I am off work and will look out for you.I am totally fed up of trying to find some decent people to race with online instead of being rammed and left in the dust by seemingly rocket powered cars!!Thanks again hope to get together soon.

First post of this page updated. Please take a few minutes to read through it.

Hi Captain
Thanks for that.Won't be able to make tonight or tomorrow night as I am working 12 hour shifts.I work a sort of continental shift pattern which means that I get a fair amount of time off as well as working 12 hour shifts.I am at home on Sat,Sun and Monday coming.Hope I can join you asap but no worries if it's too late for this weekend.I am on GT5 most days when I am off work and will look out for you.I am totally fed up of trying to find some decent people to race with online instead of being rammed and left in the dust by seemingly rocket powered cars!!Thanks again hope to get together soon.

I've added you just now mate. Just keep your eye out and join us any time you can 👍

Last edited:
last night was great fun, having to dodge past shin and disaster going thru eau rouge with first right on my tail was scary stuff! lol

just remembered i'm workin till half 7 on sunday so will miss this one by about half an hour, still coming to watch the race tho

Is anyone going Tuscan this Sunday.

I have decided to park the Mazda in the darkest corner of my garage until i get a wheel.
I can't drive this car with a DS3.
It's too stiff and light. There is zero weight transfer.

Anyway, Tuscan anyone?

@Vegard: are you absolutely sure about not having other than stock settings on RX7 TC? When I tried it for 1st time in Spa, only thing that was difficult to control with 6-axis was spinning when exiting tight&slow corners. In fact I achieved almost the same time as with DFP wheel yesterday.

As I wrote 2 lines above, yesterday for the first time, I tried the spec2 physics with the steering wheel and it was marvelous. Tail oversteering catch up is very easy and you get a warning just before from the lighter whell. To sum it up, GT5 v2 & steering wheel, woohoo! Especially with RX7 in Spa... :)

I have stock settings yes. And therein lies the problem.
But it's too late now. I have absolutely fallen in love with Blackpools finest.
The new soundtrack just adds to the magic of the Trevor.
It's pretty quick as well.
Doing the supercar race at Eiffel with sport soft to run it in.

I bought and installed the dlc today. The rx7 is indeed pretty unpredictable, the spa looks great. However I intend to test the tvr as well before I decide which to pick.

I picked up the DLC earlier today, probably going to turn up with no practice though still :scared:. I'll try to get some practice in for everyones safety, though this talk of the RX7 being harsh and stiff doesn't fill me with confidence as I'll be on my pad most likely to. I'll just be trying to get back into the swing of things though, so long as I feel I won't cause an accident I'll race regardless of pace 👍.

I'm not sure if Ill be able to make it on Sunday, Ive got some work that will keep me busy till Sunday evening. Ill post again tomorrow to let you know for sure.

I'm not sure if Ill be able to make it on Sunday, Ive got some work that will keep me busy till Sunday evening. Ill post again tomorrow to let you know for sure.

that would be a shame as I was looking to kick your arse in the rx7

I still plan to be there if my internet holds up (been very dodgy lately), Roh has disappeared from my friends list though. I've tried to re-add but if someone could add me (who has him and is attending tonight) for this evening it would be much appreciated just incase he doesn't see my invite in time 👍.

Edit: Herpa derp derp, just realised I was looking in the wrong place, I do have his other account which I believe he uses... silly me :dunce:

Edit 2: Apologies if my disconnect caused my car to careen and cause trouble, I'll have to give up with any organised events for now until we get this frankly unacceptable internet sorted out.

Last edited:
Sorry for disconnecting in 2nd race guys. Lost internet connection for 10 secs only but it was enough. Hope I didn't cause any lag. I suddenly saw all 3 of you to lose contact with track and the moment I was passing beside the 1st (Pag?) lost connection. Hope you enjoyed FD in Spa as much as I did.

Shin, very sorry for my many corners w/o 2 wheels on track. Didn't do it in order to catch or pass anyone though.

Crispy, sorry for my touch in 1st corner of 1st race, and for my not so correct way of letting you pass me after that.

: Week Twenty Nine, Mazda RX7 TC [GT1] :

rx7tcresult.png

: Week Twenty Nine, TVR Tuscan RM [GT2] :

tvrrmresult.png

cliov6current.png

I fell out of love for this car way back in Prologue, even though I hardly even drove it. Over use by my competitors built up a certain amount of disdain, but I thought I should give it a chance and so here we are. In stock form this car is a pleasure to drive. Very nimble and lively, packing quite a punch for such a small vehicle. Should be a nice race weekend this week, being much closer and a lot more accessible. Have fun :)

Scheduled Event: Sunday 30th 8pm (GMT)
Track: Tsukuba Circuit [-] Autumn Ring / Reverse [-] Côte d’Azur [-] Grand Valley East Section / Reverse [-]

Car: Renault Clio Sport V6
Tyres: Sport Medium
Aero Parts: Front Aero

: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :

This weekend will see four 30 minute races in quick succesion. There will be no official qualifying time available, instead you will all have between 8 and 8.15 to get on circuit before race one. You may hot lap for position in this time. At 8.15 the first race will begin. Subsequent races will follow with 5 minute intervals, reverse grid.

Last edited:
: Repsonse to this post greatly appreciated :

Disappointing turnout again last night. I know a couple of people were not able to attend, but even having a couple of members who dont normally race turning up made little impact on grid size. I fear this will only get worse being the time of year we find ourselves in at the moment.

Not only is this the time for most of the major games releases of the year, its also the busiest period for work and social life too. Not only that, Concours has been running without too much interuption for almost 10 months now. Maybe everyone needs a little break.

Let me know how you all feel about this, because as it stands I'm thinking this will be the last race meet of the year.

Unless there is demand and commitment from at least 12 people for every week from now until december, Concours will retire at the end of the next race meet.

If you guys want to carry on through November I will need a strong show of support. Please note that Concours will retire for December regardless of everything else however.

Sorry for the glum news, but as usual there is a full weeks worth of practice to be had, not to mention a great race meet at the end of it. Hopefully ;) The car is a joy to drive, go try it 👍

I am always in; I may have missed 2 Sundays in 10 months. I would like to see those on member list who have not shown up answer why not.

I had a blast trying to line up a pass of Vegard in race 2 👍

I'm always in Captain, like Jacque I may have missed a couple of weeks here and there though. I'd also like to see members who don't show up answer why...what's the point in joining a club if you're not going to bother racing :grumpy:

Concours always has my support Captain, and like Jack and Crispy I believe I've only missed two meetings. More support from absent registered members would be welcome 👍

Once my internet is stable, I planned to bring back full commitment each week to the series. Also plan on turning up this weekend even though the car is not one I've ever been a fan of, certainly if it will be the last of the year. Changing circumstances was the reason for my long period of absence after an initially good showing when I first signed up, I planned to move back to that as of Sunday just gone and bought the DLC almost exclusively for it but the gods of the internet did not want me involved.

Also, whenever the 'season' if you will ends I want to give out prizes to those drivers which have shown commitment and good attitude throughout the Concours, chosen by Roh, in the form of level 21/22/23/24 tickets.

I would like to see those on member list who have not shown up answer why not.

To be honest, i've lost a bit of love for Gt5. I missed a few, when there was a spate of races at Rome, and with it not being my favourite track. This also coincided with spooks and strike back on tv!

I certainly planned to race this week, I had my RX-7 all sprayed up in florescent pink! But the reason I didn't race this week, was 90 minutes of football in the morning, followed by 18 holes of golf in the afternoon left me pretty much knackered.

I will try my best to race next week, main reason being all the work Captain-roh has put in to these events, its the least I could do.👍

It is sad to hear this news Shin. It is also sad that interest in Gran turismo is diminishing. I was late to join, but I will not abandon the ship, because I got bored of of GT5 (because I am not) or because I got myself some new game. I will always crave for some prescheduled online battle.
As for the turnout maybe I am to blame too, since I have not showed up in several combos.
Nevertheless you are the founder, it is your decision and I fully support it whether I like it or not (that is in the case you close the club down)

I'm there every week mates.
I don't always get enough practice, and i'm usually to be found somewhere in the middle of the pack but i haven't missed a race since my first one in the 135i and i'll join every Sunday unless Shins lobby isn't there :(

I enjoy racing with every one of you. There are drivers of all levels here and everyone is respectful and fair. I really hope everyone comes together next Sunday and fill the grid.

PS: I enjoyed that race very much as well Jack. 👍

I don't get any practice at all :lol: Bob runs my cars in for me and then I turn up and qualifying is my practice. It doesn't much matter to me to win any weekend, though once I get on track I want to feel I did my best even if my best is 10th, I join because I don't feel a need to practice hour upon hour because there's always going to be someone on a similar level as me whereas full series are quite daunting for me knowing the whole field will be practicing alot. That's why the Concours is my favourite event, it's casual enough to be accessible whilst still providing great racing week in week out and provides a yin to the yang of a fully fledged tournament or season.

I want Concours to continue running! I won't be there next weekend probably, since I will be out of town but I fully & trully support it as it's one of the few clubs with sportmanship, honour and fun. Congrats for what have already achieved Shin and keep it on!

my problem at the mo is i'm getting crap shifts on a sunday, i finish at half 7 and it takes me an hour to get home, i long for top gear to return so the starting time gets moved back an hour. i'm usually about for practice thru the week, but miss the race start by about 10 mins. untill i find a new job this won't get any better for me.

The Clio is great fun and it will make for some close battles this Sunday.
Sorry about the quality, my mobile filming my TV :)

I'm in this week, love the Clio. Don't the Clocks go back this week Captain? BST is useless!!

Back