Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Hi guys, sorry for my complete lack of activity but I've just finished a load of building work in my house which has resulted in the PS3 moving upstairs. I haven't been able to set up my wheel at all yet because I now need to buy a Wheelstand Pro to use it in the room it's in, and I can't bring myself to play GT5 with the pad.

Was hoping to get one last week but I have to wait until next month now - had to spend more than I was hoping on new kitchen appliances :grumpy:

I'll hopefully be back around mid November if races will still be going on - I hope so because Concours is great fun and I've been looking forward to joining you guys again!!

Funny how only the normally dedicated drivers reply to Roh. :P A reminder PM to all of the rest on the list to remind them that they should race here might be in order. Not sure if I'll be here for Sunday, but as usual I'll be there for any practice races throughout the week. :)

Ill obviously continue racing at Concours as long as you allow it to, but I understand the situation at the moment isn't ideal.

I should be back on Fri or Sat for practice though.

Thanks for all the responses guys, I very much appreciate the support. And in light of this I shall play the series by ear, continuing on into November to give attendance the chance to improve again.

That said, as pointed out in my previous post, Concours will shut down for the month of December. Just to give myself and all of you a break. Hopefully I can bring the series back in January with a new twist and some fresh racing.

Once again thank you all very much for being here. I love racing with every one of you, and I never imagined we would have such good a quality racing as this week in week out. You can all be proud 👍

I'm in this week, love the Clio. Don't the Clocks go back this week Captain? BST is useless!!

Just one other thing I need to mention, as Darren correctly pointed out, the clocks change this sunday taking us from BST back to GMT. So thats an hours extra sleep on saturday night :D Make sure to remember as you would turn up an hour late otherwise!

The Clio is great fun and it will make for some close battles this Sunday.

I'll try make it tonight, also, Grand Valley East Reverse is the best track in the game for close racing, no exaggeration.

I'm conflicted this evening, my housemate bought Battlefield 3 just to play with me and wants to play MP for the first time this evening. Put simply I'm not sure what I'll be doing tonight, I've had no time to practice on top of things but I don't want to miss this if it's the last.

Unrelated suggestion, perhaps over the winter period we could have a one off special meet during the scheduled break?

Edit: Also having internet troubles again today, which skews me against trying GT incase my car lag careens in to someone as I d/c and ruins a race.

sorry I missed the race, had a family get together which ended in a few bottles of wine and lots of food which just made me want to sleep lol

See what I mean, its that old chesnut called life thats getting in the way :lol:

No worries guys, although as I said before I feel like its a sign of things to come.

I'll get the podium up some time in the next couple of days gents, as for new criteria well I'll have a think about wether Concours will continue. I thought last night was going to be a little better but in the end we had only seven people again. Bit of a disappointment but thats life.

Catch you in the next few days guys 👍

We're getting our line test this evening for our net, so hopefully (if it's on) this Sunday will be a go for me. I was going to go home this weekend without my PS3 but I've decided to more likely postpone unless I'm called upon.

Hi Fox, Welcome :)

Please read the first few posts of this thread very carefully, we require you to register in a particular fashion. Apart from that though, get involved with some members, a lot of Concours guys race every evening, and they're a fantastic bunch too. See if you can persuade them to meet you on track and have a little fun ;)

Oh yeah,.. If any of you guys fancy a change of pace and are feeling a little creative this week, head on over to the photomode competition forum. I was fortunate enough to win last week and so I got to choose this most current competitions theme :D Have a gander and see if you're inspired, maybe you guys can be lucky too :)

Have a good'n gents, here's the link to the comp thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6131800&posted=1

Your photo caught my eye last week when I was just randomly looking through in the photomode poll, I didn't know who's it was till now, well done!

Anyway, why do the replays fast forward or reverse in whole laps, I remember when I saved the Nur Caterham race & others it was judged on sectors. :confused:

I suggest we choose someone's lobby and all join to race at regular time; we can decide upon arrival?

:ouch: Actually I just realized I have to drive North (Vancouver Island's version of Nurmburgring :)) on Sunday afternoon for Monday meeting :dunce:

Last edited:
Yeah sorry guys.. Been preocupied just recently.

As you may of guessed though, no scheduled race meet for this weekend. I do have both days off however so there's a strong chance i'll be online anyway. Just pile in my lobby or shoot me a message if you're up for some competetive racing. We'll do something a bit different, like PP racing or something. Or shuffles, or a random car chosen for all. Whatever really.

Sorry again for the lack of podium for last weeks results, i'll get on that over the weekend too 👍

It's OK Shin. You need some time for yourself too. Your dedication was very strong all this time. Had a nice time and whenever you continue these series I'll try hard to be with you all.

Just a tip for all the participants in Concours: You may already know this but whoever doesn't, DLC cars will become available to be bought again with in-game money from dealership with one of the coming updates (probably in December). So, no need to preserve them. Full throttle!

It's OK Shin. You need some time for yourself too. Your dedication was very strong all this time. Had a nice time and whenever you continue these series I'll try hard to be with you all.

Thanks Rotor, I enjoy having you here, as I do the rest of you regular Concours guys. I know this will be a bummer for few of you, but there's no need to miss out on your racing fix with friends you know to be clean and fair. I hope you will use the thread to organise races between yourselfs, even let each other know when you'll be online etc.

I hope to hear some feedback from you guys over the next couple of months too. Ideas you have to improve Concours, things you like, things you dont. However small or insignificant you think it, just share it with us because it may help in the future.

Personally I plan to weed out the people who will not be coming back in order to get some solid numbers for race meets each week. Racing series manage to get full grids for every race, so I dont see why we cant either.

I'd also like to bring Concours back with something fresh too. At the moment I've been thinking of a mini championship. Consisting of around 10 weekends, we will all work from racing roots up to pure bred racing machines. Ie, we start in karts and work our way up to Le Mans style prototypes for example. Keeping the traditional same car same tune format as before mind.

I'll make sure there is a nice prize for anyone taking part, plus the guys on top at the end of the championship. I'll do championship tables, driver profiles, a few little things that'll be new for a nice exciting return. I hope you all will make it. And I hope very much to have full grids for you all too.

Until then my friends, keep on trucking 👍 Or racing ;)

A nice thing to improve concours would be, PRIZE cars. A Top End tradable race car for the winner. A Top Tier Performance car for runners up (SLS Amg etc). Can you still have a lobby up every now and then still?

Still having a slew of issues with our internet at uni, I like the idea of a series however though I'm not entirely sure how the top tiers would pan out I know I for one have little to no experience racing them. The DLC cars would be great for some of the steps as there's a good spread there but it raises the problem of those who don't have the DLC.

Personally for authenticity sake, I think RMs and other repaintable cars would be best where possible, tuned to the specs of a certain class such as GT1 or whatever. Though LMPs would be fun, it would be kind of weird having a grid of identical 908s or similar.

i take it thats concours shut down for the festive period then? if so we should all post on here and do our own race meets till it's up and running again, maybe track days run what you bring etc etc.
i meet up with disaster quite alot online or stalk him lol but don't see alot of the rest of you guys online racing (maybe i'm looking at the wrong times) if we can get most of the regulars to appear once a week even for a muck about, i'm sure it will only help us learn how we all drive, and keep concours going string when shin comes back.

just a thought... shin stops concours in the run upto x-mas, maybe he needs the time to get the raindeer ready and get those elfs working their arses off making all the toys, yip i said it shin is SANTA!!!!! lmao

If Shin is Santa can he bring me a new PS3? Mine has died, the 3rd time I've had mine upgrade to a paperweight.

:lol: My secret is out!!! :ouch:

Seriously though, I really would like it if you guys would organise race meets and stuff. Like I said before, there's no reason why you cant all be racing each other still. I thought you all would be anyway. That said, Wee and Cpt are night owls for sure! I've tried to race them both into the small hours but I always give in first lol.

I plan to be on occasionally between now and the new year so look out for me. There is a lot of testing to be done for my return and I'm not opposed to some friendly multi class or PP style racing. There are quite a few limitations with regard to Concours criteria, so the chance to do something different is welcome 👍 Haha! Totally just reminded myself about The Underground :ouch:

Hope to see you guys out there. Sooner rather than later too ;)

Sorry to hear about the PS3 mate. Maybe you need to re think its position, or how much you allow room mates to use it ;)

Last edited:
Back