CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,427 comments
I tried the Huracan for the first time this morning, installed turbo and detuned to 600, a real walk in the park, and such a fun experience after I did the F40 again, ofcourse grinding nothing can beat the TH but I would be braindead if I only ride Tokyo with that 🤣🤣
Quoting myself to second that:
This was really nice. First round i was 2nd with +5 seconds and a bad penalty in 11th lap. But second race i changed gearbox a bit and then won with 26seconds in front!! Not because the car is extremely fast or well at cornering, but because, i could do a no pit race with a mix of FM2 and 3(one round) and still get 2:15 laps (which is good for my skill) and topspeed around 300 km/h on the straight. Really beautiful car. :)

My favourite by far for this track.
This was done on a Huracan Gr.4 with some detuning.

That is in general correct - but if you drive the Tomo in automatic - you need 2 pits as experienced driver, as not so experienced driver you need 3 to avoid massive penalties.
I use Tomahawk on manual but only 7th gear right from the start, comfort hard, of course, and FM6, so i never pit.

Last edited:
Hi,
That is in general correct - but if you drive the Tomo in automatic - you need 2 pits as experienced driver, as not so experienced driver you need 3 to avoid massive penalties.

So I think it is in general easier to drive with the Corvette.

BR K
No way!!! Use manual, shift to 7th and keep it there (I use 6th gear to accelerate into the tunnel, but only there) and you can finish the race with - i dunno exactly - several laps of fuel left. Plus, using AT, how in the world are you able to get any tire grip??? When I say I use 6th gear to accelerate into the tunnel, I start from 7th until I get some speed going before downshifting into 6th. Otherwise, the insane amount of torque combined with COMFORT FREAKING HARDS has you spinning more than Fox News. It's not until the latter 1/3rd of the race that use 6th coming out of the hairpin at the end.

One other thing that many Tomahawk drivers might not know, because it's counter-intuitive, is that the car handles better the faster it is going. The active aero is only effective above a certain speed (it's been posted somewhere in this thread lol) and you'll have much more control of the car going flat-out.

Seriously, there are only 2-turns you need to use the brakes for (ok, a 1/4 tap before the first S-turn) and that's the two hairpins. You just have to trust this point - I was a vet of the old TH glitch, but this new one took me a few several races to get the feel down. I was getting 21-22-min RT's at first, but now I average 19-19:30 with a decent amount of 18:30-19:00 with fastest being 18:21.

Hi,

What?? No.

Just put the car in 7th gear the whole race, you never need to pit, even at FM1. You can even switch to 6th later in the race coming out of some turns for additional acceleration if you want, there’s plenty of fuel.

Last edited:
No way!!! Use manual, shift to 7th and keep it there (I use 6th gear to accelerate into the tunnel, but only there) and you can finish the race with - i dunno exactly - several laps of fuel left. Plus, using AT, how in the world are you able to get any tire grip??? When I say I use 6th gear to accelerate into the tunnel, I start from 7th until I get some speed going before downshifting into 6th. Otherwise, the insane amount of torque combined with COMFORT FREAKING HARDS has you spinning more than Fox News. It's not until the latter 1/3rd of the race that use 6th coming out of the hairpin at the end.

One other thing that many Tomahawk drivers might not know, because it's counter-intuitive, is that the car handles better the faster it is going. The active aero is only effective above a certain speed (it's been posted somewhere in this thread lol) and you'll have much more control of the car going flat-out.

Seriously, there are only 2-turns you need to use the brakes for (ok, a 1/4 tap before the first S-turn) and that's the two hairpins. You just have to trust this point - I was a vet of the old TH glitch, but this new one took me a few several races to get the feel down. I was getting 21-22-min RT's at first, but now I average 19-19:30 with a decent amount of 18:30-19:00 with fastest being 18:21.
Hi,

Please recheck Habla's first Post in this context - he told us, he can only drive automatic. I drive the Tomo manual with no pitstop. But if you want/need AT - the Vette is the better choice. ;)

BR K

Hi,

So I think it is in general easier to drive with the Corvette.

BR K
M8, what?
No matter if the Tomo is in auto or manual, you DON'T need to pit at all, even if it's in FM1 for the whole race.
And this is going flat out achieving 18-19 min runs!
What the hell are you guys doing needing to pit like 2 times??? :confused::crazy:

anyone can shift into 7th for an entire race. don't be ridiculous.
Exactly, you only need to just shift it into 7th gear once and leave it for the rest of the race.

I use Tomahawk on manual but only 7th gear right from the start, comfort hard, of course, and FM6, so i never pit.
You don't need to pit even with FM1 on manual and have fuel leftover to do a few more laps after the race ends.

Last edited:
People... I posted videos in the OP with the settings needed to get below 600pp and a run of mine for you to see how to do the run itself. Don't just enter this thread and go for the last page without checking the OP.

If there's anything I need to post more in the OP, you guys can tell me and I'll add it.

As soon as you start, go to 7th gear manually and stay like that for the rest of the race, and use Fuel Map 1, you don't need to mess with it at all. You can just cruise like you're on a sunday drive and do a 18-19 minute run easily. You don't need to pit.
Also:
-Use Traction Control at 5
-Use Stability Control ON
-Use Counter-Steering ON

Again, here's the run: (don't try to drive like I did here, I was pushing the limits here, which is why this run was under 17 minutes, I was just challenging myself for a bit of fun)

Last edited:
Yeah, have to agree, all you need with the tomahawk is to just put it (with MT) in 7th gear and you are set the rest of the race even in FM1. It's not that hard... Automatic is not really an option here.
I feel like 7th gear makes the damn thing unstable at high speed, I don't know why. I always pull 6th gear all the way.

Finally able to finish the race in 17 minutes. Just have to be consistent and not get penalty at all lol
FciNNexaAAA1GUx.jpeg

You don't need to pit even with FM1
I know, but i feel on FM6 its a bit better handling, because the overall power is a bit lower and you dont really need all that power anyway.

Btw. hardest thing with tomahawk is lapping all those other cars a few times. :D

Done this event a few times now and it’s pretty high stress. Particularly if you’re not in a particularly quick car and need to avoid penalties to win.

The Sardegna 800pp World GT race isn’t as high paying (I believe). But you can chill out and win with ease in the 787B.

Has anyone figured out how to keep the TOMA under 600pp with race tires? I want to enter it in the 800pp race tire only races.

I feel like 7th gear makes the damn thing unstable at high speed, I don't know why. I always pull 6th gear all the way
it probably doesn't get to as high of a top speed on the straight in 6th vs 7th, but it doesn't matter anyway since you can't really max it out fully without losing control regardless.

But you do stop using gas at some corners, right?
Sure, I lift some for the 2nd S-Turn but not fully lifted, like 40%-50% throttle as I personally feel like it handles smoother with throttle input. I mimicked the full lift and tap of the break before the 1st S-turn turn-in that Grim shows in his clip. Other than that, I keep 100% throttle for all corners.

Technically you can keep it 100% from 1st hairpin turn-in until breaking for 2nd hairpin, but you're asking for a penalty (the 10-15 second variety lol) or damage that causes you to slow down to avoid further damage/penalties, which if you're grinding would end up being frustrating and potentially longer times overall. 12-laps of extreme precision needed for that driving is for the aliens. I'll take my relatively slower times of 18:30-19:30 (and this morning I had enough time for two races and literally set my fastest RT of 18:14 on the first one and angrily got 19:27 on the second lol. What can I say, I'm the definition of average lol)

I do this race once a day for the daily workout. I'm not quite as fast as @Grimm6Jack but still happy with my speed. I just prioritize avoiding penalties over going fast, since the penalties lose you a lot more time than just lifting off a bit before the corner. Going above 500 km/h works sometimes, and when it does it feels like you're walking a tightrope. You need to have a really good feeling for when you're about to exceed the limits. This is my fastest race so far.

FcitjZ9X0AE6xG2

I also tried the race legit, since I love the track. I noticed that an engine-swapped E46 M3 has incredibly good fuel efficiency and doesn't need to fill up. So I threw a couple of aerodynamic parts at it and entered the race on SH tyres. This is actually the very first time I did this race glitchless, so I noticed only now that Kokubun is the actual guy to beat, not Gallo :lol: Anyway, the race went quite well as I slowly made my way up the order. The engine from the Z4 GT3 makes the M3 even more tail-happy, but I managed to tame it after a few tries. Finished 1st with just over 20 seconds to spare. The second pic shows the state of the tyres by the end. They were pretty much finished, but still surprisingly driveable. I suffered from a couple of minor damages but managed to avoid getting any penalties.

FcoE31mXgAA1IMU

FcoE4GKWIAAnZ9P

As I said I love this track, so I'm looking forward to trying the race with all sorts of other cars :)

Last edited:
I do this race once a day for the daily workout. I'm not quite as fast as @Grimm6Jack but still happy with my speed. I just prioritize avoiding penalties over going fast, since the penalties lose you a lot more time than just lifting off a bit before the corner. Going above 500 km/h works sometimes, and when it does it feels like you're walking a tightrope. You need to have a really good feeling for when you're about to exceed the limits. This is my fastest race so far.

FcitjZ9X0AE6xG2

I also tried the race legit, since I love the track. I noticed that an engine-swapped E46 M3 has incredibly good fuel efficiency and doesn't need to fill up. So I threw a couple of aerodynamic parts at it and entered the race on SH tyres. This is actually the very first time I did this race glitchless, so I noticed only now that Kokubun is the actual guy to beat, not Gallo :lol: Anyway, the race went quite well as I slowly made my way up the order. The engine from the Z4 GT3 makes the M3 even more tail-happy, but I managed to tame it after a few tries. Finished 1st with just over 20 seconds to spare. The second pic shows the state of the tyres by the end. They were pretty much finished, but still surprisingly driveable. I suffered from a couple of minor damages but managed to avoid getting any penalties.

FcoE31mXgAA1IMU

FcoE4GKWIAAnZ9P

As I said I love this track, so I'm looking forward to trying the race with all sorts of other cars :)
Great time! And if you want to try out different cars on this race, there’s another thread that I’m too lazy to link to with “genuinely hardest race” in the title. It had a great stretch with a lot of posts with reviews with times, different tunes and setups. Used some cars I wouldn’t otherwise would have thought to use and it’s a blast

FcitjZ9X0AE6xG2

FcoE31mXgAA1IMU

FcoE4GKWIAAnZ9P

incoming Terminator Music OMG, you got cat like reflexes, best I could with a controller so far is 1:27 LOL i usually miss my turns by milliseconds hitting the barrier and slowing me down but on average I still finish low 19’s on a good day.

I need to relief some stress in gran turismo, i needed the mental break from Splatoon 3 LOL

Finished 1st with just over 20 seconds to spare
Yea, if you don't pit, thats a huge advantage. Does the AI pit equally long? Sometimes i have this very long waiting time, before my crew even starts to change tires and fuel up and i have the feeling AI goes faster.

Yea, if you don't pit, thats a huge advantage. Does the AI pit equally long? Sometimes i have this very long waiting time, before my crew even starts to change tires and fuel up and i have the feeling AI goes faster.
The AI pits twice or three times, Gallo will pit in for tires three times, two for fuel For example

Last edited:
R3V
This isn't working for me. Exclaimation mark.

I tried the tune in the youtube video and it's way too unstable. Not fun. Is there something driveable? Even if a little slower?

It’s stable if you keep it under 285mph.

The AI pits twice or three times, Gallo will pit in for tires three times, two for fuel For example
That's not quite right, at least for my races. Top 5 AI all pit 2 times, except Kokubun, who only pits once. No one pits 3 times, at least not one of the Top 5. Gallo also pits not always the same laps, he at least once did stops on other laps than usual for me, and the british AI pits sometimes right before the last lap, what feared me to death one time, because i thought he stays on with 10 seconds in front, haha.

Last edited:
Great time! And if you want to try out different cars on this race, there’s another thread that I’m too lazy to link to with “genuinely hardest race” in the title. It had a great stretch with a lot of posts with reviews with times, different tunes and setups. Used some cars I wouldn’t otherwise would have thought to use and it’s a blast
Yes, I've found that one. Though it hasn't had a post in a week, so I'll just stick to this one.
I didn't notice any huge differences in pit time. Sometimes they pit a little faster than me, other times it's vice versa. Gallo specifically is always faster on his pit stops since he actually stops because of worn tyres, not low fuel.

I tried the SLS AMG next and I'm happy to report that it needs absolutely no tuning at all. It comes with 593.59 PP from the dealer and you can take it straight to Tokyo from there. After winning against the Easy AI I felt so confident that I decided to give it another go on Hard difficulty. I managed to win again and - thanks to improved consistency - even beat my time with the M3, despite having to stop for fuel. That goes to show just how much of a pain it is to manage the oversteer on the M3.

The first screenshot is from the race with Easy AI, the second with Hard. Gallo stopped twice in both races, Kokubun once. You'll notice that second place was only about 12 seconds slower in the Easy race.

FcsGo4BXgAA_9jd

FcsGpHiXkAIpdUS

Last edited:
Yes, I've found that one. Though it hasn't had a post in a week, so I'll just stick to this one.
Yeah, that thread took-off when they nerfed the TH and everyone was looking for inspiration for units to tackle the race. The myriad of posts suggesting different cars, the tune, strength/weaknesses etc. was what I was referring to in response to your last comment about being excited to try different cars out - that, and this thread is more specific to the TH

The myriad of posts suggesting different cars, the tune, strength/weaknesses etc. was what I was referring to in response to your last comment about being excited to try different cars out - that, and this thread is more specific to the TH
Yes, I got that point. Sorry for not making it clear. I just felt that posting my races here would give them more exposure since the other thread doesn't seem to get that much attention anymore. However, seeing how this thread is more about the grinding aspect it's probably better to continue there 👍

That's not quite right, at least for my races. Top 5 AI all pit 2 times, except Kokubun, who only pits once. No one pits 3 times, at least not one of the Top 5. Gallo also pits not always the same laps, he at least once did stops on other laps than usual for me, and the british AI pits sometimes right before the last lap, what feared me to death one time, because i thought he stays on with 10 seconds in front, haha.
I based it off when I did the corvette glitch back then, I always remember him pitting at lap 4, lap8 or 9 then lap 11,12?, I swear this game is inconsistent but when the 1.21 update rained upon us that horrendous Tyre wear I started to pit in on his lap times because before I used to pit in with the gtr once on lap 6-7, which was always a lap after Gallo, then the pack pits in with Mikhail Hizal on lap 8 🤣🤣 and kokubun on lap 9 like you said

It’s all fun but I learned to avoid them thanks to their invisible choo choo train route

I feel bad for the British ai and that viper like 20 seconds behind everyone else 🫣

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back