Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 6,598 comments
Fwg-Ev-Zi-Xw-AAg-LYp-jpeg.jpg

"Libertarian" = comments filled with adoring authoritarian transphobes who think anyone who disagrees with them is a pedophile.

Did LPNH lose some kind of decision recently? I don't get the statehouse reference.

"Libertarian" = comments filled with adoring authoritarian transphobes who think anyone who disagrees with them is a pedophile.

Did LPNH lose some kind of decision recently? I don't get the statehouse reference.
I'm not aware of any losses (apart from party members/donors due to capture by authoritarian agitators), but I'd guess it has something to do with party representation in government. I still don't know what it would mean, though.

TB
Maybe you already knew this but Great Value is the Walmart store brand.
I didn't but guessed it was some kind of budget range. Just suggesting that using a differently named brand as an example would avoid the confusion. It sounds like too much of a compliment to these bozos.

Last edited:

Modern American conservatism is mental illness. I mean really the only principle to which Republicans consistently adhere is being connie bitches.

One of them is listed as a Democratic-Republican, a party described as the Republicans before splitting into the Democrats & the Whigs. Their opposition was the Federalists which is classified as right-wing/classical conservatism.

So, much to the GOP's dismay, there's still a lib up there.

Modern American conservatism is mental illness. I mean really the only principle to which Republicans consistently adhere is being connie bitches.

Also Mount Rushmore is just a weird thing. It was ill-conceived at the time.

Ok, the president shrine will have George Washington... that checks out. Thomas Jefferson... ok good one. Abraham Lincoln. Yup, for sure, best president there. Theodore... hang on, what? It's as though the whole thing was just an excuse to stick Teddy in with those other guys. Not to mention the entire concept being absolutely bonkers and the land being quite beautiful before that insane project.

Last edited:
Also Mount Rushmore is just a weird thing. It was ill-conceived at the time.

Ok, the president shrine will have George Washington... that checks out. Thomas Jefferson... ok good one. Abraham Lincoln. Yup, for sure, best president there. Theodore... hang on, what? It's as though the whole thing was just an excuse to stick Teddy in with those other guys. Not to mention the entire concept being absolutely bonkers and the land being quite beautiful before that insane project.
We picked Teddy so we had a perennial loser in the Washington Nationals Mascot derby.

In Teddy's defense, he does have possibly* the best official White House portrait, by the magnificently talented John Singer Sargent

Theodore-Roosevelt.jpg

So that's....something? He also more or less pioneered the idea of preserving wilderness & conservation of the environment at a state level, which I think is a huge deal**. I don't think I would replace Teddy with any of the other presidents to be honest.

*JFK's and Obama's are also very good.
**Really huge. I think it's difficult to actually see this from the lens of the 19th century, but up until that point the concept of actually keeping some land wild was totally foreign - you just have to look at Europe to see how the entire continent is basically developed, there is no true wilderness left outside of some areas of northern Scandinavia - I doubt you can go 10km anywhere in western Europe without running into some road or village or farm. I don't think its overselling it to say its (conservation) one of the the USA's greatest contributions to mankind.

Last edited:
It's as though the whole thing was just an excuse to stick Teddy in with those other guys.
A bit like a lot of "Top 5 Best Ever" lists; you'll get 4 of all-time and whatever is currently popular when the list was made.

He also more or less pioneered the idea of preserving wilderness & conservation of the environment at a state level, which I think is a huge deal.
I think that's pretty much the official reason why; they each represent a different era and aspect of the United States:

Washington - birth
Jefferson - growth
Roosvelt - development
Lincoln - preservation

Lincoln better fits preservation in the purest sense of the word so Roosevelt is development but in the sense of conservation.

Last edited:
Were it Andrew Johnson's face up on that mountain I bet a significant amount of the population would like to see the monument partially sandblasted, lol.

I don't think I would replace Teddy with any of the other presidents to be honest.

Ok. But if we have to have that gross thing let's have 3 instead of 4. (but also Madison comes ahead of Teddy).

**Really huge. I think it's difficult to actually see this from the lens of the 19th century, but up until that point the concept of actually keeping some land wild was totally foreign - you just have to look at Europe to see how the entire continent is basically developed, there is no true wilderness left outside of some areas of northern Scandinavia - I doubt you can go 10km anywhere in western Europe without running into some road or village or farm. I don't think its overselling it to say its (conservation) one of the the USA's greatest contributions to mankind.

That should automatically disqualify him from having his face carved into a very intentionally NON preserved mountain side and site of spiritual importance to natives. This is just about the most perverse way to memorialize someone who cared about the preservation of wilderness. However, I think he was on board with the project (because he was apparently a raging narcissist*). So I think the idea that he's all about preservation is deeply undercut by his support.

*not only based on his support of the rushmore project.

Last edited:
Ok. But if we have to have that gross thing let's have 3 instead of 4. (but also Madison comes ahead of Teddy).

That should automatically disqualify him from having his face carved into a very intentionally NON preserved mountain side and site of spiritual importance to natives. This is just about the most perverse way to memorialize someone who cared about the preservation of wilderness. However, I think he was on board with the project (because he was apparently a raging narcissist*). So I think the idea that he's all about preservation is deeply undercut by his support.

*not only based on his support of the rushmore project.
My post was not meant to be an endorsement of Teddy nor of Mt Rushmore :lol: ...regardless of the hypocrisy of a conservationist's face literally defacing a natural landmark, Teddy's presidency did bring with it the idea of conservation which is a big deal.

Who would be the 4 on the next Mount Rushmore after the 4 already there?

Excellent wikipedia chart comparing US presidents.

Madison for sure. After that it gets dicey.

1) Lincoln
2) Jefferson
3) Washington
4) Madison

After that I'm not sure. I think it'd be a debate among this list, roughly:

Monroe, Polk, Teddy, Eisenhower, Obama, Reagan, Kennedy

Each one has some real knocks against them. No I would not include FDR. Also not John Adams. Prior to the civil war, the problem is slavery - which represents a stain on so many members. After the civil war, the problem becomes massive intrusion into civil liberties and support of segregation. In more modern times, the problem is almost always war. In Reagan's case, it's mostly being nominated due to the cold war despite a lot of the rest.

Last edited:
Back