Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 6,497 comments
At least the whole LIV thing is one big political circus to begin with. It's 100% bankrolled by the Saudis in an effort to use a sport to distract from the laundry list of issues Saudi Arabia has going for it. I refuse even to watch it and while the PGA isn't exactly a shining beacon, it's at least not attempting to distract from things like human rights violations.

Trump endorses “Eric” in the Republican primary in Missouri senate race despite there being two Eric’s. Both Eric’s claim Trump’s endorsement. This is not the first time Trump has been deliberately vague who he endorses in a contentious primary. In the Ohio senate race for example, he endorsed “JD Mandel”, a combination of the two Republican candidates, JD Vance and Josh Mandel.

3AFBDA9C-18B3-4516-9CDF-80A995959319.jpeg

864BEEE1-D659-4F0B-AED5-A224AA3DCC91.jpeg

0E320B15-6E78-41AD-8DB0-8BFBA79D4819.jpeg

The LIV is political, but it's not right-wing v. left-wing though. It's about supporting a golf league bankrolled by the same country that has dreadful human rights violations and likely had something to do with 9/11. I refuse to watch it in the same way that I refused to watch the Olympics this past year or how I'll refuse to watch the World Cup.

Honestly, the golfers that participate in it are disgraceful, especially two-face Phil Mickelson who change his attitude once a truckload of money pulled up.

I guess given all that, it's little wonder Trumpians support the league. At least it's purged the PGA a bit.

Honestly, the golfers that participate in it are disgraceful, especially two-face Phil Mickelson who change his attitude once a truckload of money pulled up.
Pretty sure Phil has only one face...pity it's this one:

Phil-Mickelson-LIV.jpg

[stares creepy mother****erly]

Last edited:
Even before I knew about the politics behind it, I had seen ads for LIVGolf, but it was all "It's golf, but extreme!!!!!!!" at which point I tuned it out.

Not maternity wards are typically worse. My wife was hospitalized in a not maternity ward for four nights due to preeclampsia. I didn't get a couch. I didn't get a loveseat. I got a tubular metal chair with a barely padded vinyl seat and a hard plastic back. Of course I didn't complain because I was there for her, not for the accommodations.

Those worthless mother****ers are pathetic.

They’re… they’re trying to take the piss right? Cause they think that topic is worth making jokes about?
Has to be. No matter how stupid (or drunk on bad Kool-aid) you are, you can't be that stupid... 🤔 Too bad their sense of humour is wack...

Last edited:
The worst part about this, is that going through a birth with your partner is actually a pretty full-on experience and there’s things that are actually hard for the male.

Our 2nd child was an early arrival, unplanned home birth. I delivered him before the ambulances arrived.

Off the top of my head the hardest parts were.
  • Fear for my wife’s safety
  • Fear that the baby may come out not breathing
  • Empathy watching my wife experience a pain I will never know
  • The complete shock of the situation.
  • The physical process of delivering him, the pressure not to mess it up and the visuals of the situation.
  • The fear that he might have major problems when we got to hospital and they took him to the special care nursery.

Fortunately, everything went very well and he’s safe and healthy. Ambulances arrived 5 minutes later. It was an absolute whirlwind, very overwhelming, but the hardest part to look back on is the what-ifs. We were lucky but it could’ve gone so extremely bad and that terrifies me.

And this is what annoys me about this alpha male garbage. You are complaining about a chair when your wife or baby could literally die. There’s real emotion attached to that feeling, it’s called fear and it’s worth getting off your chest.

It’s also an incredibly beautiful and special experience that should make you so proud and respectful of your partner that you don’t have the nerve to complain about the lodgings.

Last edited:
Where's my facepalm.

"Your people"... holy crap. He basically said "you're brown so you don't belong in America". Anyone who says that doesn't belong in America.
Also he does appear to be a gringo, and that he purports to be American is built into the term. As an American who isn't latino, I'm a gringo.

Edit: I think the inverse of that is "cholo." I suppose "gringo" has a not-horribly-offensive derogatory edge, so a more appropriate inverse may be a term that invokes frijoles (which I sure hope isn't inappropriate on this forum, and while it isn't meant to offend, I totally understand if it is deemed to be inappropriate).

Went ahead and edited the term that I used. I wasn't called on it (I'm not certain that I would have been) but I chose to preempt it anyway.

Last edited:
Oh my God, I thought the fungus that was MTG had managed to split itself into 3 more parts when I saw those women with Cruz.

I can't verify this since the tweet's apparently long since been deleted. I muted this user because her mentions were threatening to overwhelm my feed with stupid stuff. But other people keep forwarding it. Still... this can't be real. No way.

IMG_20220806_232326.jpg

Not maternity wards are typically worse. My wife was hospitalized in a not maternity ward for four nights due to preeclampsia. I didn't get a couch. I didn't get a loveseat. I got a tubular metal chair with a barely padded vinyl seat and a hard plastic back. Of course I didn't complain because I was there for her, not for the accommodations.

Those worthless mother****ers are pathetic.
Yep, I've spent countless hours/days sitting by my wife's bedside in hospital and will continue to in the future.
Not once have I thought gee this seat is a little uncomfortable, the selfishness of some of these ****ers is unfathomable.

Back