Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a major problem with my DSD sequential shifter. It was so well built that I had to build a new rig for it. lol
Now I can punch it as hard as I want without fear of breaking my rig. :)

Hubby came into the room the other day and wanted to know what the racket was... to which I replied "I race'n honey and I gotta go fast!!!" lol
Still love'n it Derek. You've built a business to be proud of! :)

Bailey

Hey Bailey,

I just found your "Chassis" /Rig. Good Golly-Ms. Molly, what a NICE set-up you have there. Just AWESOME:bowdown: It will take me years to get even close to what you have there. Have fun in it, and I know you do :gtpflag: That's a cool little lite you have above your Button Box also.

Take and God Bless

OL' stone

Thanks Stone. :)
It's a little fluorescent, under cabinet light I picked up at Home Depot, I used electrical tape to black out part of the lens cover to keep the light shining down instead of at me. Most of our league racing is at night and I have all the lights turned off.

BUT... I have another gooseneck USB light laying around and I wondered if I clipped the plug and wired to the PCB in the button box if I could light my box thata way. I think it would work. I had the earlier BBox from DSD that had the lighted ignition switch.
I may have to cannibalize it to try it out. lol

Thanks Stone. :)
It's a little fluorescent, under cabinet light I picked up at Home Depot, I used electrical tape to black out part of the lens cover to keep the light shining down instead of at me. Most of our league racing is at night and I have all the lights turned off.

BUT... I have another gooseneck USB light laying around and I wondered if I clipped the plug and wired to the PCB in the button box if I could light my box thata way. I think it would work. I had the earlier BBox from DSD that had the lighted ignition switch.
I may have to cannibalize it to try it out. lol

Hey, Hello Bailey,

Thanks for letting me know what lite you have there it is just the right size for the button box looks like. I don't think I would cannibalize that good DSD button box for that :confused: If I was you I'd send it to me tyo use he-he-ha:bowdown:yeah,yeah, now I sound like one of the "Beatles" huh:confused:

I've got an old mount for a Aquarium light fixture that might work. I know the blinder that keeps the light in one direction will move around to guide the way the light is directed into the aquarium.....huh, I've got to check that out and work on it :banghead: to fit my Button Box. 💡
Anywho,Thanks for your info on this. And, Take Care and God Bless

stone

LOL I wouldn't cannibalize Dereks box, I'd cannibalize the USB light. LOL However, with all the different designs he releases he's bound to come up with one that requires me to "accidentally" break my current box and be forced to upgrade.

Ok - so some folks may know about Bugbear's Next Car Game:

http://nextcargame.com/

I'm making a request to all of my customers and friends that they go to this page on their forums:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,1023.0.html

And support my efforts to see the developers offer quality, three screen rendering support like iRacing, ISI, Live For Speed and Assetto Corsa offer. Warping is so 2005!

Support the effort and let them know you want quality three screen rendering!

Hi Derek,
Lately I was playing Assetto Corsa and I have an annoying issue with the sequential pro shifter! some times the shifter does the opposite , instead of upshift it down shifts ! for example, when I upshift fro the 2 gear to the 3 gear it does to the first gear and that makes me spinning every time!
I really don't know if it does this only with AC so I will test it with rf2 and let you know!
However, what could it be? the USB cable?

Hi Derek,
Lately I was playing Assetto Corsa and I have an annoying issue with the sequential pro shifter! some times the shifter does the opposite , instead of upshift it down shifts ! for example, when I upshift fro the 2 gear to the 3 gear it does to the first gear and that makes me spinning every time!
I really don't know if it does this only with AC so I will test it with rf2 and let you know!
However, what could it be? the USB cable?

Please use support@derekspearedesigns.com for all service related matters. Test the device in the windows game controller applet to verify proper function. Should it function properly the matter is application specific. The only test reliable is the windows game controller applet.

Thank you for choosing DSD components!

Derek Speare

Hi All,

Here's the new 2014 DSD Black Max II (maybe III?) releasing sometime next year (sooner than later):

HPIM1954.jpg

Let's give it away to a good home :) Everyone should know what to do after three years of contests, but If you are new, please click my signature banner below and head to the "DSD FTW!" page on my site. From there you can get your name into the mix.

The winner's name will be announced Friday, December 6th at 8pm Eastern Time (calculate your time zone) here and on my site. Don't forget that DSD gives away more product than the competition sells. DSD FTW!

Thanks for looking and GLA :thumbup: :)

d

NB: Since this is a preproduction unit, I'm still evaluating some other materials for the face, but it's 95% of what the finished product will be. We hope to release this early next year.

NB #2 - bump this thread up if you enter ;)

Hi Derek, very good work my suggestion would finish carbon also would be nice ....

You can comment on like has the pedals project

Thank you very much, Greetings

Hello Derek,

I just want to let you know I will be ordering "MY" STS with the "Light Spring" in it from you earlier than I figured it will be in the next few days my friend:). Thank you,

stone

Hi Derek, very good work my suggestion would finish carbon also would be nice ....

You can comment on like has the pedals project

Thank you very much, Greetings

GLA! Pedals will be interesting...something is planned ;) We have a few surprises for this :)

Really like that all black looks very good. Figured I would through my hat in the ring as well. :cheers:

Good luck, and thank you :)

Hello Derek,

I just want to let you know I will be ordering "MY" STS with the "Light Spring" in it from you earlier than I figured it will be in the next few days my friend:). Thank you,

stone

We're never far when needed :)

Here's a peek at the 2014 DSD Track Boss (this is 95% of what it will be):

HPIM1958.jpg

Oooohhh pretty. I'd love to buy another button box from you but I've never been able to get the DRINK button to work on any of them. My husband just stands there looking at me like an idiot and I KNOW I'm pushing it hard enough!
lol
:odd:

Oooohhh pretty. I'd love to buy another button box from you but I've never been able to get the DRINK button to work on any of them. My husband just stands there looking at me like an idiot and I KNOW I'm pushing it hard enough!
lol
:odd:

I'm working on it ;)

Hi, i have my wheel mounted to a simple desk, i'm considering the idea of getting dsd pro shifter, the one around $160.
Which are the ways to mount it? i've seen ISR videos and a few others but i still cannot see how could i mount it on my "rig"
efuz.jpg

Hello Derek,
I wanted to let you know I got my shifter last Thursday from the Post Office in town. I've got to be truthful "I Love this shifter" I can not thank you enough for what you did for me on this shifter Derek you went up and above the call of duty as far as I'm concerned. This thing shifts so smooth and it is nice and quite and very easy to shift. I'm so Happy with it. And, I can not say enough about it. You are the Man. =) Merry Christmas my friend and God Bless.

stone

Hi, i have my wheel mounted to a simple desk, i'm considering the idea of getting dsd pro shifter, the one around $160.
Which are the ways to mount it? i've seen ISR videos and a few others but i still cannot see how could i mount it on my "rig"
efuz.jpg

This is my mount for the shifter:

IMG_20130801_154728.jpg

Hello Derek,
I wanted to let you know I got my shifter last Thursday from the Post Office in town. I've got to be truthful "I Love this shifter" I can not thank you enough for what you did for me on this shifter Derek you went up and above the call of duty as far as I'm concerned. This thing shifts so smooth and it is nice and quite and very easy to shift. I'm so Happy with it. And, I can not say enough about it. You are the Man. =) Merry Christmas my friend and God Bless.

stone

Thank you, sir - I knew you'd love it!

This is my mount for the shifter:

View attachment 89530

That's the way to do it 👍

DSD FTW! Win Win - 2014 Track Boss #1

Hi all,

Below are some photos of the production versions of the 2014 DSD Track Boss and 2014 DSD Black Max II button controllers. We've not officially released them, but are planning to do so "soon" (like DSD "soon").

The Track Boss is the most popular button controller ever made by anyone, and I'm proud to see the cockpits from sim racers all over the world with a Track Boss or other DSD device in them. Thank you for that!

The Track Boss has remained virtually the same for three years and the time has come to bring it into the future and enhance it as much as possible. I like the 2014 Track Boss and Black Max II. I hope you do too!

HPIM1989.jpg

HPIM1988.jpg

HPIM1990.jpg

HPIM1987.jpg

HPIM1991.jpg

So where's the beef? Good question! We're awarding 2014 Track Boss #1 on Christmas Day, Wednesday, December 25th at 8pm Eastern Time US. To get your name into the mix, hit up my site and you will find the page...here's a hint: DSD FTW!

Questions? I bet some have a few. Let's see if I can answer some here:

• We plan to release it in days, and the DSD site will be updated so folks make make their orders

• The introductory price for the Track Boss will be ~109.75 and the Black Max II will be 129.75 - we may also offer free shipping on them in the short term to help move them onto good homes

• The facing material is ABS with a coextrusion of CF look finish - there are no plans to put it on other controllers, but that could change (or not) It looks beautiful and doesn't show fingerprints!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back