Engine Swaps in Gran Turismo 7? New Screenshots Raise New Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 461 comments
Yeah, generally, I don’t really plan for any truly crazy swaps, like putting a rotary into a Mazda Roadster - just mostly ones that’d be between similar models, or manufacturers in the Beetle’s case. Indeed, it could be a lot of fun putting a Supra (A80) engine into say, a Daihatsu Copen, the Sports 800, or the 2000GT, and then tune the heck out of said engine.
Lol. A rotary in an MX5 is truly crazy, but a tuned 2JZ in a Copen is just for fun? In real life one of these swaps would be considered substantially more crazy than the other, but not the way you're thinking.

Lol. A rotary in an MX5 is truly crazy.
Welcome to Amemiya Japan. I present you the 13B Roadster.

87098a93f4801c3ce7d702ecdce1291d.jpg

Last edited:
p78
Welcome to Amemiya Japan. I present you the 13B Roadster.

87098a93f4801c3ce7d702ecdce1291d.jpg
You missed the sarcasm. The previous user described putting a rotary into an MX-5 as "truly crazy" while handwaving away putting a 2JZ into a Copen as a completely normal thing (good luck sitting in it; even a straight-four would be up against the bulkhead at best). @Imari was responding to that.

Rotary MX-5s are so not "truly crazy" that even Mazda itself - allegedly - did it once. There's certainly hundreds of them out there. You can probably count up all the 2JZ-swapped Copens using the fingers of no knees.

Last edited:
You missed the sarcasm. The previous user described putting a rotary into an MX-5 as "truly crazy" while handwaving away putting a 2JZ into a Copen as a completely normal thing (good luck sitting in it; even a straight-four would be up against the bulkhead at best). @Imari was responding to that.

Rotary MX-5s are so not "truly crazy" that even Mazda itself - allegedly - did it once. There's certainly hundreds of them out there. You can probably count up all the 2JZ-swapped Copens using the fingers of no knees.
6f467482d7b74f6c09cbee22c2b94c9b.jpg

this one was an absolute failure

This could pontentially be a great feature, could i essentially have a Rotary powered Beetle???? Hmmmm?

jurassic park mind blown GIF by Spotify

So, would removal of the supercharger or swapping the Camaro SS motor into the ZL1, work better to make a GT4.R?

Streamer has now got access to extreme and of the 4/5 cars I saw him go to it on, none of them had a swap available. Just a newly refreshed, original engine option.

So as expected, they're probably going to be relatively limited. Certainly not available for every car anyway.

So as expected, they're probably going to be relatively limited. Certainly not available for every car anyway.
Which is what I expected, anyway, to be honest. Still sounds like a fun option, for when it's available.

Last edited:
Streamer has now got access to extreme and of the 4/5 cars I saw him go to it on, none of them had a swap available. Just a newly refreshed, original engine option.

Out of curiosity, which cars were those?

Er, the new Z and Megane RS for sure, I can't remember the others. I think maybe a Camaro 69?

Someone else may remember more, unfortunately the VOD has been deleted.
Right. Then I'm assuming it will be a very limited feature.

Er, the new Z and Megane RS for sure, I can't remember the others. I think maybe a Camaro 69?

Someone else may remember more, unfortunately the VOD has been deleted.
Somebody on reddit tried it with the bug and there's no engine swap option. And since that was the example in the state of play I'll assume that was some developer debug thing and not actually an engine swap option for us.

Last edited:
Somebody on reddit tried it with the bug and there's no engine swap option. And since that was the example in the state of play I'll assume that was some developer debug thing and not actually an engine swap option for us.
Would be weird to demonstrate a stock vs tuned Beetle and use a debug and not stuff we get.

The fact that the engine names are displayed also suggests an option for engine swaps.

Could be that the swap option gets added at a certain level for the extreme parts.

The fact that the engine names are displayed also suggests an option for engine swaps.
Or you know, be a part of the way they teach young gamers/car nuts what engine this and that car has. ;)

Back