Engine Swaps in Gran Turismo 7? New Screenshots Raise New Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 461 comments
Ahh, thats good news. Haven't watch the streams, what cars did have the "New other" option?
I just meant, what if it has that button. Buuuut..It doesn’t, the guy who had streamed a few days just clicked that engine button a little while ago on the Beetle and nothing. :nervous:

Last edited:
Judging by how some of the streamers don’t know how to change car colour when buying a car in brand central I wouldn’t expect them to look and or know how to do engine swaps so I’d think we need to wait and see until launch day on those
The guy looked everywhere and obviously viewers were looking for anything they missed, nobody saw anything. As already stated, the engine option in extreme definitely had no other option than reinstalling the same engine.

There are really only two possibilities left, they will appear even later in the game progression unlock or they aren't in the game (yet).

So… ”more” engine swaps

So… ”more” engine swaps

Engine parts to swap...

Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 locked engine swaps behind mileage accumulation (2000km per vehicle, IIRC). I wonder if GT7 has some sort of similar feature? It would seem uncharacteristic of PD, but who knows.

Engine parts to swap...
I think even if the wording is strange there’s a pretty good chance that engine swaps are what they mean.

It seems odd they’d program an engine swap with the beetle, program a UI element denoting it, and show it off if it wasn’t available in the game. They might not have included it at launch because the feature might still be bugged, or there’s more physics or licensing to work out with the feature.

There’s a theory on the other thread that engines might be awarded as gifts on the roulette. Which might be a fun way of doing it, rather than it being easily accessible once you’re rolling in credits.

If they’re a rarity, it might feel similar to the black prototypes back in the day. With that ‘unicorn’ status. That would be pretty cool actually.

"The higher your Collector Level, the more likely you are to receive a high-ranking Roulette Ticket. These tickets will allow you to win parts and engines that cannot be found at the Tuning Shop, among other special items. In addition to the Roulette Tickets that can be obtained for completing Daily Workouts, there are 'Car Tickets' and 'Credit Tickets' to be won."

-via the game manual

"The higher your Collector Level, the more likely you are to receive a high-ranking Roulette Ticket. These tickets will allow you to win parts and engines that cannot be found at the Tuning Shop, among other special items. In addition to the Roulette Tickets that can be obtained for completing Daily Workouts, there are 'Car Tickets' and 'Credit Tickets' to be won."

-via the game manual

I hope this is not the case.

There’s a theory on the other thread that engines might be awarded as gifts on the roulette. Which might be a fun way of doing it, rather than it being easily accessible once you’re rolling in credits.

If they’re a rarity, it might feel similar to the black prototypes back in the day. With that ‘unicorn’ status. That would be pretty cool actually.
Hiding engine swaps behind random roulette spins sounds frustrating, not fun. I hope that isn't the case.

Hiding engine swaps behind random roulette spins sounds frustrating, not fun. I hope that isn't the case.
Maybe if the engines themselves are ‘hidden’ and awarded by the roulette, but the actual function is opened up in ‘extreme’ later in your progression, that could work.

So, you’ll get to a point where swaps are always an option, the function is always there in plain sight, but you won’t simply be able to buy any engine; rather you’ll acquire them as time goes on, and eventually you’ll have the right donor car(s) to make the swaps viable.

・Tickets
Drive the distance of a marathon (26.21 miles / 42.195km) in races or events over the course of a single day and you will win a 'Roulette Ticket' as a reward for completing your Daily Workout. Go to 'Garage' -> 'Gift' to claim your ticket.

The higher your Collector Level, the more likely you are to receive a high-ranking Roulette Ticket. These tickets will allow you to win parts and engines that cannot be found at the Tuning Shop, among other special items. In addition to the Roulette Tickets that can be obtained for completing Daily Workouts, there are 'Car Tickets' and 'Credit Tickets' to be won.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/manual/tips/03
From the main news thread. Sounds promising!

From the main news thread. Sounds promising!
Great spot, this does sound like they are won on the roulette wheel then?! Not sure what to think about that, on one hand the lack of freedom is kind of annoying but it does make engine swaps really rare which I actually like!

Great spot, this does sound like they are won on the roulette wheel then?! Not sure what to think about that, on one hand the lack of freedom is kind of annoying but it does make engine swaps really rare which I actually like!
Yep, it’s a sigh of relief from me! Like I said earlier, I’m actually ok with swaps being treated as a unicorn feature. Could make them feel a bit special (which they really are IRL, so figures). And I also like the sound of special parts that aren’t available through the normal channels. Things like this will help keep the game interesting once progress starts feeling familiar and linear. Add to this the fact PD listed new tuning parts (along with the usual cars, tracks etc) to their info on future DLC, and it should go a long way towards ensuring longevity in the customisation part of the game.

So I got this in a roulette. It says it comes with an optional engine swap service, and that I would need a compatible car. Does anyone else know where to go from here?
17f573a161940-screenshotUrl.jpg

So I got this in a roulette. It says it comes with an optional engine swap service, and that I would need a compatible car. Does anyone else know where to go from here?View attachment 1119913

Finally. I would suggest going to any Chevy road car you own, and see if in the Extreme tab or something, the "change engine" option has that LT1 in there.

Finally. I would suggest going to any Chevy road car you own, and see if in the Extreme tab or something, the "change engine" option has that LT1 in there.
Well, it's not compatible with 1st gen Camaro, C3, or C4 Corvette. Looked in both the tuning shop for a special option, and the actual tuning parts section in the garage. So far, the only compatible Chevy is the C7 Corvette, which already has it.

Well, it's not compatible with 1st gen Camaro, C3, or C4 Corvette. Looked in both the tuning shop for a special option, and the actual tuning parts section in the garage. So far, the only compatible Chevy is the C7 Corvette, which already has it.
I guess you'll have to check each car one by one unfortunately.

is there some kind of storage or something where you can check the engine?

i would try on mx5s and cars that get usually v8 swapped

is there some kind of storage or something where you can check the engine?

i would try on mx5s and cars that get usually v8 swapped
Yeah, I can see the engine in the tuning parts section of the garage. Nothing in my garage is compatible with it, except for the original car.

Back