F.I.T.T 2000 Shootout

• Thread starter NEWDRIVER2
  • 385 comments
Oi Prai, you're not finished, you still need to drive my GT-R. :P
So are you entering in Class A or B. You can only enter a car for one of the classes and Newdriver currently has your Class B car listed as your entry...:odd:

:lol:looks like we were both typing at the same time and you beat me to the submit.:lol:

Yay! 1-0 to me, in the "typing at the same time and posting speed test challenge". :lol:

Anyway, now it's decided that I'm in group B, testers, get going. :P

Nissan Skyline HT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '73

The Tune
Aerodynamics: ---
Ballast: 172kg @ +50
Power Limiter: 95.0%

Transmission- process as follows
1)Set to 193
2)Set Final Gear to 4.255
1st=2.339
2nd=1.640
3rd=1.235
4th=0.976
5th=0.785
Should display an indicated top speed of 190 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 7
Acceleration: 15
Braking: 5

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.5/1.5
Toe Angle: -0.05/-0.05
Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 9.0/8.2
Dampers (Extension): 4/4
Dampers (Compression): 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/1

Brakes
6/7

The car has 450 PP, weighs 1108Kg with a 51/49 front/rear weight distribution, has 285HP and produces 212ft-lb torque@6800 rpm with a 8800 rpm redline.

Omboy is this the right model (Nissan Skyline HT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '73) and what engine mods / body mods have you used? Thanks

Oi Prai, you're not finished, you still need to drive my GT-R. :P

I'll give a try, but test are over for me, only 1 group A :ouch: Le Mans with 450PP is a torture..:scared: No chicane......:guilty: GVS is perfect and very fun with all those cars.👍:)

praiano63
I have my BMW 2000 on share, check it if you want, it's the same setting from the touge 200 with more HP and tires.
:)👍

My friends list is sort of full, but a little investigation into your tune and the one krenkme did for the 500pp classic car shootout will probably get me a perfect tune 👍. I just didn't want to "steel" from you awesome tuners. This is a very fun car to drive, so thank you for the input

Guys do we need to make it the first three car from each group to be go for Round2 or just 2 cars ?
for me i want the first three cars to go Round 2 👍

@Ronald6 either Motor City Hamilton hid a rocket in his La Sarthe gear box or you made a typo!:lol:

Omboy is this the right model (Nissan Skyline HT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '73) and what engine mods / body mods have you used? Thanks

Argh ****, I meant the 70' one. I'll check later, but I remember it had the following:

Stage 3 weight and engine
Window weight reduc.
Racing Air filter
Sports Intake Manifold
High RPM turbo

I forgot which exhaust I used though...:ouch:

@Ronald6 either Motor City Hamilton hid a rocket in his La Sarthe gear box or you made a typo!:lol:

Hold up. I missed it. How fast was it. I'm not saying that there wasn't Nitros hidden in the blinker fluid and the Monster energy drinks in the cup holders, but push the red button and you'll find out.

Hold up. I missed it. How fast was it. I'm not saying that there wasn't Nitros hidden in the blinker fluid and the Monster energy drinks in the cup holders, but push the red button and you'll find out.
:lol:It was in the X2011 category...2:20.xxx:lol:
Don't think even with Nitro your S2K was getting anywhere close to that...:crazy:

Onboy's car tested at Grand Valley and driver's choice listed for Grand Valley.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7800930#post7800930

Guys - Driver's Choice needs to be done like this, below. I cannot use scores like 4.6, because we may all judge on a slightly different scale. Just do driver's choice in rank order like this and the spreadsheet will calculate the score.

Driver's Choice for Grand Valley
Favorite 1 - Prainiano
2 - Theo777
3 - C-Zeta
4 - XDesperado
5 - Onboy

Points sheets also updated with the latest scores.
Current Group A Leader: Newdriver
Current Group B Leader: Praiano

Last edited:
Argh ****, I meant the 70' one. I'll check later, but I remember it had the following:

Stage 3 weight and engine
Window weight reduc.
Racing Air filter
Sports Intake Manifold
High RPM turbo

I forgot which exhaust I used though...:ouch:

Thanks mate that makes things a lot more clear instead of searching for a non existant car.

ROUND 2

At least 4 laps run. I'll write some words when I have a minute, have to drink beer and eat food first 👍

450PP
===================
MrGrado PSN (MrGrado)
Time - 1:35.273
DC - 4.5

===================
Motor City Hami PSN (Motor City Hamilton)
Time - 1:35.732
DC - 5

===================
NEWDRIVER2 PSN (OTS_NEWDRIVER2)
Time - 1:37.396
DC - 4.2

===================

460PP
===================
Praiano63 PSN (Praiano63)
Time - 1:36.639
DC - 4.9

===================
XDesperado67 PSN (XDesperado67)
Time - 1:37.719
DC - 4.0

===================
Theo777 PSN (Zegatan)
Time - 1:37.828
DC - 3.9

===================

==================================================
At least 2 laps run at La Sarthe and 4 at GVS. I took the executive descision to ignore the penalty system at La Sarthe, because it's bobbins. I've raced online there quite a few times with penalties turned on and often get whacked with 10 seconders for merely touching the curb, so screw you PDiddy. If I know I've driven it cleanly, then you're getting the time, even if it was technically red.

DS3 controller, cars driven as posted, grip reduction set to low.

{Cy}

Group B - 460PP
====================================
Nissan Skyline HT 2000 RS-X Turbo C (R30) '83 and '84
Theo777

GVS - 2:08.018
DC -3
La Sarthe - 4:17.038
DC - 2
At GVS I found the car a little easier to drive than at La Sarthe, primarily the car struggles for grip in corners where the camber is off. At GVS there are really only two corners like this, the right/left switch over the crest into the second hairpin and the final part of the left hander after the same hairpin, where the track dips away to the right. On flatter corners and where the camber is favourable, the car drives lovely. Watch the slower corner exits, where the car is prone to lighting the inside rear (slightly higher INT and/or ACCEL value should sort that). At La Sarthe I had to fight the car through most of the crucial corners, the entrance to Mulsanne and the other longer sections. In the curves I had to lift too much and had to wait too long before getting back on it. The car bounced around a fair bit too.

Finally, during hard braking I was constantly fighting the load on the outside front tyre. Combine that with the inside rear slipping, I found myself in the delightfully curious position, going into the first tunnel at GVS, of having the outside front and inside rear tyres bright red. I've never managed that before :sly:👍

Onboy123
GVS - 2:09.099
DC - 3
La Sarthe - 4:20.253
DC - 3
A nice drive, if I'm going down the shops. Sort the gearbox, my friend, you already knew that I was going to say that though. It was a brave attempt and had you had an extra cog, it might have worked. However, it just took too long to do anything. My Skyline, at 10PP less and 5mph slower top end, felt quicker down Mulsanne. All that's an easy fix, so no bother really.

The car handled pretty well through the faster corners at both tracks, it wasn't too keen on the slower corners, suffering some rear outside burn and it wasn't great through complexes of corners. Almost without fail, chicanes resulted in some rear slip on the final exit. There were a couple of other corners that would catch it out occasionally, but it wasn't something I was afraid of. I didn't feel I had to go easy into a corner and in fact it drives quite a lot like my car.. Less front camber, zero the rear ride height, positive rear toe, sort that gearbox and we might just have us a race 👍

Toyota Celica 2000GT-FOUR (ST165) '86
XDesperado67

GVS - 2:07.666
DC - 3
La Sarthe - 4:16.157
DC - 3
Stop with the brakes now, you mad old fool..!! I think you're part victim of your fascination with odd brake balances and part victim of the recent updates. The only time I found the brakes beneficial was through the curves at La Sarthe, where I could use them to adjust the attitude of the car without having to lift on the gas. I enjoyed that a lot. The biggest problem is that the rear tyres never really warm up enough and they lack the grip that the harder working front tyres have. Even after two laps at La Sarthe and four at GVS, the rear tyres were still pretty blue. The fronts were pretty much white and nicely warmed up. During the bigger corners, this was very evident and required some careful concentration whilst braking. On the upside, it never spat me sideways, like you might expect for 0/5 brake balance.

There's nothing I can tell you about the gearbox that you haven't already been told. Other than maybe if you want to do this sort of thing again, make 5th a little longer so that at shorter tracks you only ever kick up to 6th on the fast sections. I understand why you did it and it worked pretty well at La Sarthe. Good grip otherwise, had to work a little harder than I'd like to keep it on line at GVS, felt much better at La Sarthe, despite the bumps.

Praiano63
GVS - 2:07.044
DC - 3
La Sarthe - 4:13.658
DC - 5
This car has dark secrets that you must coax from it gently. I really couldn't gel with the car at GVS and may return there after I've finished running the other cars. The brakes caused me problems initially, but then I realised if I applied gradual pressure until I'd almost run out of room and then lifted, that the car would eagerly rotate. Get this right and you can get on the accelerator far earlier than should be possible, this car is all about the corner exit.

The next revelation was at La Sarthe. My first lap through the curves was a complete mess, I was pinging off barriers and trolling through the sand. Next time round was an entirely different story. Gradually brake into the entry and then modulate your line entirely with the throttle, a slight touch on the brakes through the last left hander and then sprint for the chicanes, marvellous, absolutely marvellous. The ride is sublime at La Sarthe, incredibly smooth, coping with all the bumps and modulates.

My DC at GVS may seem harsh, given how well it scored at La Sarthe, I will run it again, I promise, but I have to do the last two cars first and at least post this. I'm not sure how well I'll do though, whilst it took me some time to learn the car, I don't know if I have the skill to do better at GVS.

Lantis Coupe 2000
C-ZETA
GVS - 2:09.228
DC - 3
La Sarthe - 4:17.471
DC - 4
With only one car left to test, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that under race conditions, there's probably only one car in this pack that you'd struggle to hang with at La Sarthe. Time trail is one thing, but in a race, with the aid of draft, it'd be a decent contest. Not so good at GVS, the quick changes of direction, smooth surface and camber caused problems for the drivetrain. Corner exit wheel spin was evident out of most corners. It's very easy to adapt and drive in a fashion that almost eliminates this, but the cost in speed is apparent.

The ride at La Sarthe is compliment, line correction is easy using the throttle, making the curves a delight. The whole experience was reminiscent of my driving youth, hooning down country lanes at frankly unsafe speeds. Would have been nice to have had the 285 ponies and semi slicks that this has got :sly:

Just for the record, despite all my moaning about brakes, I didn't even notice your balance until I accidentally clicked on the setup sheet, well done Sir.

Fairlady 2000
Krenkme
GVS - 2:09.711
DC - 2
La Sarthe - 4:19.789
DC - 3
The Lady is full of delights and surprises, but you have to treat her accordingly. Much like in real life, this Lady won't be pushed into doing something she's uncomfortable with. Try getting too familiar with her and she'll squirrel away from under you. Compliment her, guide her, whisper sweetly in her ear and she'll reward you with elegant alacrity.

At this point, it may be worth point out that my success with this Lady was on a par with real life, I struggled. I could have gone a lot faster on a composite lap of my best sectors. She just proved a little too much for my low old hands, I liked the way I could correct some of the oversteer without the car snapping back too hard. It was nice to have a little freedom to saw at the steering wheel without too much snaking.

I feel a bit bad about the DC, don't think I didn't enjoy the car, she was just too hard to completely tame. As way of consolation, you get a 5 for the car from my Fairlady Wife, who is just as feisty as this Fairlady 👍

Last edited:
Thanks for the tests and reviews Cy.👍👍

Curiously I've been noticing that the front tires on several of my 4wd cars are generating a lot more heat than the rears after the last couple updates. Changing torque split and brake balance doesn't seem to affect this much, though to be honest I have yet to try an extremely high rear torque bias as I feel that defeats the whole idea of 4wd...:crazy:

Have a max engine moded RS6 that still has most of its weight that I've been tuning for touge at Eifel short and it has the same issue of the fronts getting warm/almost overheating while the rears seem to never really generate much heat. Not sure if its just me and the cars I've chosen to tune lately or a bi product of the recent updates from PD.

As for the brake balance...why are you braking?:crazy::lol:
Probably because of my lousy driving and using a DS3 where the right stick is my throttle/brake. I try to set brake balance to help rotate the car into turns where I often brake late. Don't want the fronts locking up and losing their grip so generally run a fairly heavy rear brake bias. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work so well for other more skilled drivers who may be using different control settings or wheels.:lol:

Transmission thing was a real mess for this Shootout since the requirements for the two tracks to get optimum performance were so different. Should probably have made both 4th and 5th a bit longer so the transition to 6th wasn't quite so extreme and 6th only used on the front stretch of GVS. Oh well I'll know better next time.:cheers:

Ronald6
My test results will be here when I start testing tonight. Another 6 hour drive to drop my eldest son off at home then I'm hopping behind my plastic wheel and putting some laps up.

Every car looks good. Not one questionable entry. :crazy: I wish I could start testing now but my kids have the PS3.

It's like Christmas early. Which car do I want to open first?

Newdriver2: Toyota 2000GT '67
GVS: 2:09.047
DC: 4.5
La Sarth: 4:17.655
DC: 4.9
Can't get around the skinny tyres. Besides that this car is great fun. It "likes" to turn in, but doesn't have a 'maintaining attitude' problem, that I've found.
I actively dislike La Sarth, but I enjoyed this car more on it than GVS. The longer slaloms and high speed shallow corners allowed the car to exploit its slow body sway to an enjoyable degree. Got two red laps and instead of being disappointed I looked forward to more laps on La Sarth.
After learning that I needed to adjust the final gear for each track it took me 8 laps to get 2 green laps. That's due entirely to my unfamiliarity with the car. Once I understood it and the track better I was able to push it with less

Thank you Ron for the good Rate and good lap time .
Glad to see that you start to understand her attitude .
Soon you will see this car in the new uniform with RS Tires its completely deferent as you can use online and bit most of the cars by it @450PP and by easy way . There is Five copy of this car some racers they have it and they are my friends when we race in Sarth all of us never get disappointing by bitting others cars .
I will send this copy for the faster tester in my Shootout ;).

Newdriver - I am confused about the driver's choice points. Do you want people to give a score 4.9, 4.7, etc. or to rank favorite to least favorite?

If you intended for each of us to give a score, I don't know if anyone is going to give a score below 4.0. So, should we just ask the testers to rank the tune x out of 10. Then I can make the formula work to calculate the total out of 5 points.

Motor City Hami
Newdriver - I am confused about the driver's choice points. Do you want people to give a score 4.9, 4.7, etc. or to rank favorite to least favorite?

If you intended for each of us to give a score, I don't know if anyone is going to give a score below 4.0. So, should we just ask the testers to rank the tune x out of 10. Then I can make the formula work to calculate the total out of 5 points.

Sir do what is the easier way for you to calculate the point . From the time tuners post the cars and tester start testing the Shootout in your Hand to chose the scoring that what I ask from you so do it MCM +1 what you come up with but it can be like that :

Driver X car X
La Sarth Lap time X:XX.XXX fastest lap time 5
GVS Lap time X:XX.XXX fastest lap time 5
DC Sarth 4.9 DC GVS 4.9

5+5+4.9+4.9 = 19.8 from 20

Driver T car T
La Sarth Lap time X:XX.XXX second fastest lap time 4
GVS Lap time X:XX.XXX second fastest lap time 4
DC Sarth 4.8 DC GVS 5.0

4+4+4.8+5.0= 17.8 from 20

Each tester after finishing all cars test write in last the first Favorite car for him And should be add point for the 1st 2nd 3rd DC choice as you said before
1- driver X +3 So 19.18 + 3 = 22.18
2- driver T +2 Also here 17.8 + 2 = 19.8
3- driver V +1
4- driver S +0
5- driver D +0

What do you think tell me ? Or you the one you will decide .

Nissan skyline 2000'70
Tuner:
1- CyKosis1973

Old ’70 car with skinny tires…… 60%/40% weight repartition, numbers are not helping a lot looking like this.
But, in the hands of our friend CyKosis the car was transformed in the best possible skyline 2000 ’70. *A good combination with inverted dampers front /rear values, High rear camber and TOE to maintain the car inline.
This is working wonderfully. The car is not fast but the driving line is precise and the car stay on it without any problem. It’s even possible to be aggressive . No excessives *moves ,no understeer no oversteer, the car is tamed to let the driver push it to his limits,need to do this if you want to stick to the others younger 2000 . Good car all around. Congrats my friend,good job.
GVS: 2:08.213
Le Mans: 4:21.176 * top speed 265 kmh =165 mph
GVS Driver Choice: 4.5
Le Mans Driver Choice: 4.6

Thank you, Sir, for understanding the things that I had to do to make this car driveable. I very nearly gave up entirely on it, until I spent an evening racing online with ND and a few other fast guys. At this PP and with these tyres, I was able to dominate some frankly far faster cars, at GVS. The only car that really troubled me, was ND's Toyota and as long as I kept him out of my draft, I could beat him too. You have to work hard to get the best from this car, as you've found. Your times are only a few tenths faster than mine, I'm sure you could find more with more laps, but the closeness of our times suggests that I've wrung as much as I can out of the car.

Thank you for your time and efforts, they're appreciated...

Thanks for the tests and reviews Cy.👍👍

Curiously I've been noticing that the front tires on several of my 4wd cars are generating a lot more heat than the rears after the last couple updates. Changing torque split and brake balance doesn't seem to affect this much, though to be honest I have yet to try an extremely high rear torque bias as I feel that defeats the whole idea of 4wd...:crazy:

Have a max engine moded RS6 that still has most of its weight that I've been tuning for touge at Eifel short and it has the same issue of the fronts getting warm/almost overheating while the rears seem to never really generate much heat. Not sure if its just me and the cars I've chosen to tune lately or a bi product of the recent updates from PD.

As for the brake balance...why are you braking?:crazy::lol:
Probably because of my lousy driving and using a DS3 where the right stick is my throttle/brake. I try to set brake balance to help rotate the car into turns where I often brake late. Don't want the fronts locking up and losing their grip so generally run a fairly heavy rear brake bias. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work so well for other more skilled drivers who may be using different control settings or wheels.:lol:

Transmission thing was a real mess for this Shootout since the requirements for the two tracks to get optimum performance were so different. Should probably have made both 4th and 5th a bit longer so the transition to 6th wasn't quite so extreme and 6th only used on the front stretch of GVS. Oh well I'll know better next time.:cheers:

You're welcome, Sir. All I would have need was a couple of clicks at the front. The times it was most evident, were into corners were the elevation changed. The second hairpin at GVS, that dips down and then rises with the camber, you can really feel the nose scrabbling. But, like I say, I never span it or even really locked the brakes, so it works.

I have often used rear brake bias for FWD cars, where it seemed to work best for me, some 4WD as well, but since 2.09, pretty much every car I've built has been biased toward the front by a click or two.

As for the gearbox, you're were so close to having a wonder box. If I'd had 6 cogs to choose from, I may have considered making a box that only used 1st-5th at GVS and al 6 at La Sarthe. I only had 5 though :crazy:

What do you think tell me ? Or you the one you will decide .

O.k. Since everyone else has done it on a scale of 5, I will do the same with my rankings.

I will need to adjust the formulas on the official scoring sheet to calculate correctly.

macdog54
I have the testing all done just need to write some reviews and upload everything onto the work computor

I too am finished with testing. Now just need to take my notes and turn them into something everyone can understand :dopey:.

Hoping to have it all typed up in the next few days. Sorry about the times :scared:

macdog54
I have the testing all done just need to write some reviews and upload everything onto the work computor

Thank you Macdog 👍

krenkme
I too am finished with testing. Now just need to take my notes and turn them into something everyone can understand :dopey:.

Hoping to have it all typed up in the next few days. Sorry about the times :scared:

Thank you Adam 👍 don't worry about time sir MCM systems making all the car near to each other :D .

Have a good day every one

Edit :

Looks like MCM car now got the high score Group A :tup:and he is the leader now .

Last edited:
Back