F1 2010F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
If I recall, it's because Sony did have the licence. I imagine it was a lot easier for Sony to get it than Codemasters.

Hooray for money!

Edit: And the more I think about it, Sony could still have the rights to the F1 cars they've modelled since 1996. They were officially licenced then, it could be that they still are.

Last edited:
They were in F1 06 on the PS2 as well.

There is still a secret to be revealed apparently at F1 forums.

Edit: And the more I think about it, Sony could still have the rights to the F1 cars they've modelled since 1996. They were officially licenced then, it could be that they still are.

The F1 license only applies to the current season. Previous season's cars are the copyright of their respective team/manufacturer.

The F1 license only applies to the current season. Previous season's cars are the copyright of their respective team/manufacturer.
Codemasters also developed F1 2009 for the Wii ... but then why would you inclue last year's cars as bonus content in this year's game? Unless you're talking about the Brawn BGP-001, but that's about the only 2009 car I'd want to see.

why some cars like ferrari have a cockpit view that seems that you're driving from the "bakcseat" and others way too near? look here:

What you are calling the "far" view is actually the true cockpit view. The "near" view is the the TV cam, looking down from above the drivers head - it's actually further away.

Codemasters also developed F1 2009 for the Wii ... but then why would you inclue last year's cars as bonus content in this year's game? Unless you're talking about the Brawn BGP-001, but that's about the only 2009 car I'd want to see.

KERS might be worth seeing.

Sadly, I didn't cue for F1 as I spent all my time at the GT5 booths at Gamescom this year.

First, I looked at the Codemaster's setup, judging from the keyboards they used PCs to showcase it. I thought "Yeah, well, PC graphics. Pretty awesome, but of little benefit to the consoleros." Then I went to Microsoft's area and I was simply blown away. The screens were quite small so the milage on larger TVs might vary. Having said that: Looked brilliant, the driving seemed to be good and the atmosphere intense.

Right now, I couldn't think of any better way to shorten the wait until November!

Sadly, I didn't cue for F1 as I spent all my time at the GT5 booths at Gamescom this year.

First, I looked at the Codemaster's setup, judging from the keyboards they used PCs to showcase it. I thought "Yeah, well, PC graphics. Pretty awesome, but of little benefit to the consoleros." Then I went to Microsoft's area and I was simply blown away. The screens were quite small so the milage on larger TVs might vary. Having said that: Looked brilliant, the driving seemed to be good and the atmosphere intense.

Right now, I couldn't think of any better way to shorten the wait until November!

Yes, apparently the PC graphics were only set to medium so any videos of the PC version aren't actually representative of the final product on a good system. I'm still not bowled over by them in any case, but they are decent.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to use the F-Duct on this game or has that option been ruled out of the game? I think it would be a good feature espescially as KERS are not available.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to use the F-Duct on this game or has that option been ruled out of the game? I think it would be a good feature espescially as KERS are not available.

I read that it is activated automatically i.e. you don't have control over its usage.

I read that it is activated automatically i.e. you don't have control over its usage.

Okay, thanks Shaggy. :)

I think it would be better if you was able to manually activate it, it might make it a little bit more realistic. Maybe something to implement into the 2011 game.

This game's going to be tough for me to decide which platform I want it on. Very used to the X360 controller layout for their games, but I also have the G25 that would work well with this game (I assume) on the PS3 or PC. PC though may 3rd party user support. :ouch:

They could also implement 2009 cars since they have already used them for work in progress.

There are 50 Trophies that can be earned in this title.

Rocking the boat
Finish ahead of you higher placed team mate in your first season with a new team

Practice makes perfect
The player has driven at least 1 lap in all 3 practice sessions over 1 race weekend

Rookie Driver
Finish your first career race

Face the press
Complete your first press interview

Seeking Performance
Sucessfully complete an R&D test

Hot Property
Win and accept a contract with a higer placed team

One-Two
Finish 1st and 2nd with your team mate in a career race

Clean License
Complete a race without an incident

Speed demon
Travel about 200mph

Well protected
Complete a full race using cockpit cam

Silver Arrow
Win in a Mercedes in Germany

Rain Meister
Win a wet race

Against all odds
Win a race after starting in the final grid slot

It’s a set-up
Win a race in a car using a set-up created by the player

I ain’t afraid of no ghost
Set a time in time trial mode

2ns chance
Go on to win a race after using a Flashback

Well Drilled
Complete the pit stop challenge in under x amount of time

Semi auto
Complete a race using manual gears

The magic number
Take your 3rd victory

Impress the boss
Exceed a career objective

Attracting attention
Win a race where a new contract is on offer

The big one
Meet the contract requirements of the Championship leading team

Team Leader
Become the No. 1 driver in a team through promotion or joining a new team

Schuperb
Win from pole position 41 times

Made perfect
Top the time sheet for all 3 Practice Sessions

Pole Position
Place first on the grid

Podium finish
Finish in the top 3

Top Step
Win your first race

Unforgettable
Take pole and win at Monaco

World Champion
Win the World Championship

Strength of character
Set a time in time trial mode

Tifosi
Win a single player race in a Ferrari at Monza

Taking it online
Win your first ranked online race

Perfect 10
Achieve level 10 online

A true gent
Complete an online race without making contact with an opponent

Limelight
Finish the season ahead of your Championship Rival

Commitment is the key
Complete a 7 season career- triggered after the final race of season 7

Clean sweep
Take pole position setting the fastest time in each sector

True racer
Win a race with all driver aids switched off

Full house
Fastest in practice, take pole, finish first

Seasoned
Complete your first full season

Built to succeed
Win the Constructors title

Double World Champion
Win a second World Championship

2 and 5
Achieve level 25 online

Consistency is the key
Score points in every round of a season

World Champion – Legend
Win the Formula 1 Drivers’ Championship on the Expert Difficulty setting

Triple World Champion
Win a third World Drivers Championship

Nifty 50
Achieve level 50 online

Complete
Achieve all other Trophies within the game

The trophies are pretty much the same on both consoles. That Full House acheivement could be a challenge in legend or expert mode or whatever it's called.

Back