F1 2010F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
Ahh ok. Could he not have just bought Premo for 1 month which costs about 3 quid???
Remarkable scenes.
Oh, that comparison vid at Monaco in the rain looks immense!
Seriously can't wait for this!!! :D

I do find it rather strange that they would cap the career there should be no reason if you wish to keep going. but anyways i am glad they really made this game look good and have a good authentic feel.

one thing i am semi-concerned about is. what do the cars look like? do they look like they did at the beginning of the season? and what tracks are going to be included? all of them? or just the 2010 tracks that are used? i am very interested in Korea, and India. do you think they are going to be making an f1 game every year? id probably still buy it.

i am sorry if this info has been given and seen, but i have not be able to really find anything.
According to what I read, they will try to keep the cars as close to the latest "version" as they can near the game's release.

I'm mostly hoping that maybe an update will come after the 2010 season is done.

According to what I read, they will try to keep the cars as close to the latest "version" as they can near the game's release.

I'm mostly hoping that maybe an update will come after the 2010 season is done.

Yeah it'd be nice if they and FOM worked out a deal to where CM can update the cars/rosters/etc, kinda like EA does with FIFA, once or twice after the game goes to final pressing.

I realize this next thought is pie in the sky thinking on my part, but the most ideal development situation in my mind is a 2 year release schedule between complete game releases. However the code and legal agreements would allow for at least an annual update for the car changes (assuming no huge engine breaking mod's), driver rosters, sponsor changes, etc. IE for this year the product title would be "F1 2010/11" or similar, then the next "new" game would be "F1 2012/13"... etc.

sorry to not quote all of you who replied to me, but thank you very much for the info.

im glad tomorrow is September. this game should easily make a month fly by!

i did a quick search on youtube for Fuji or ring videos. but there isnt anything. hopefully they are in the game.

Last edited:
Not in the game. Fuji is off the calender and the ring is back next year replacing hockenheim.

and I think that is rather lame :-/. but i cant really complain to much because both tracks are in gt5

Fuji isn't much compared to suzuka though. I just wish we had the ring because I think it's as good as hockenheim. Not better just around the same.

To everyone who wants features from past seasons it isnt going to happen as Bernie is tight with the licencing agreement.

To everyone who wants features from past seasons it isnt going to happen as Bernie is tight with the licencing agreement.

That is the sad part. I think to compensate they should have drivers switching teams and the test drivers coming in and have drivers like Paul Di Resta testing at some of the races.

Last edited:
I am hoping that we will be able to race on each course right before the real cars run the same track for real, so when we watch it on TV it will have a certain familiarity to what we are watching.

Also I was wondering how many people "the powers to be" will let race in the league?

These been posted yet?

Stephen Hood Interview (Chief Game Designer F1 2010 ) UNCUT Part 1

Stephen Hood Interview (Chief Game Designer F1 2010 ) UNCUT Part 2

Except that the licencing arrangements only apply to the current seasons. Why else would GT5 be able to include the 2007/8 Ferraris?

Sony had the license then.
And the licence would expire once their contract is up. Otherwise, Codemasers wouldn't be making F1 2010. The licence really only applies to the championship in its current form; it's possible to negotiate licences for individual cars directly with the manufacturer(s).

Except that the licencing arrangements only apply to the current seasons. Why else would GT5 be able to include the 2007/8 Ferraris?

Current cars and anything under an official F1 title is licenced by Bernie any other cars are licenced by their owners.

It seems Steam is already accepting pre-orders of the game, and it's only U$ 35. I wasn't planning on buying it right now but the price is tempting.

Funny though, in the game info on Steam it says it will feature steam achievements. I thought this was going to be a GFWL game.

These been posted yet?

Stephen Hood Interview (Chief Game Designer F1 2010 ) UNCUT Part 1

Stephen Hood Interview (Chief Game Designer F1 2010 ) UNCUT Part 2

Even though he has a lot to say on the techical side, i still have a feeling the game will have a lot less he saying right now.

Even though he has a lot to say on the techical side, i still have a feeling the game will have a lot less he saying right now.

Yeah you could be right and with the 2 short reviews avaialble, there is still not enough feedback to know how close to his visioin they got this go around.

The best thing about the interviews to me are that the lead designers seem to have their heads in right places. Obviously they understand it is still a game that needs to sell well, meaning appeal to the general public, but it also sounds like Codies is supporting their desire to mimic the technical and strategic complexities of F1 for those who want that too. Maybe they will pull it off, maybe they won't, but for me it is good to hear that at least they are making the effort 👍.

I think I rather have an indy car game than a F1 game. I like F1 and watch it but when F1CE came out on the PS3, I sort of got turned off on sim F1 games.

Its not the game, the game is great and beautiful but the amount of skill required to handle f1 cars. I turned off all this assist that did things that automatically break for you and make it so that you don't spin out easily and soon realized that I sucked horribly at the game. As I continued to play more and more I became better at the tracks but could never keep up. I had to turn all the assist back on to get anywhere in it and I couldn't help but to feel amateurish or the the point of the game is being wasted on me.

So I don't know, maybe it's just because I suck at it because I have no idea how other people are at this game. But then again this one is made by Codemasters and I have Grid and Dirt2 and in those games the difficulty was somewhat balanced.

So I don't know, maybe it's just because I suck at it because I have no idea how other people are at this game. But then again this one is made by Codemasters and I have Grid and Dirt2 and in those games the difficulty was somewhat balanced.

Along those lines I can tell you this: I raced motorcycles on track, so I know what you go through mechanically -in terms of bike handling skills- to circulate a track pretty fast. But I have been playing the SBK 09' PS3 game a lot lately (Superbike World Championship) and being handy on a bike in real life does not mean I turn off all the assists in the game and win all the races.

In the game I just got frustrated right away because they make it much harder mechanically than in real life, so I turned on assists until it matched the difficulty level I thought best. Never assume that, for example, racing in simulation mode in GT Prologue puts you closer to reality. It doesnt. It really really doesnt.

So who knows, maybe you DO suck at racing games :) but dont associate the skills it takes to conquer the highest difficulty levels of a game with what might be, on your part, a real talent and love of fast driving. Its very easy indeed for a game to be more difficult than real life. Theres nothing to it. Of course a game is totally without bodily risk or true expense.. thats why its a game.

So turn those assists on, as needed, and have a ball.

Added:
As of very recently and for the first time ever, a computer chess program can reliably hold its own with the worlds best human chess champions and in most cases, defeat them. Designing game software to be 'challenging' to a human is at a pretty high level these days. My point is, again, that overcoming difficulty levels in a game is only THAT.

Its time to use these games as *games* and stop thinking of ourselves primarily as judges of reality and simulation in F1 2010 (and GT5.)

Last edited:
is there a 15 year career mode, where you can play whit your own name and Nationality?

is ther a Safety car in the game?

7 year career. Can advance the lower teams with technical developments and try to make them a big player. Not sure about custom name and nationality. No safety car.

7 years and no SC is a big disappointment. but what that guy sez in the interview, is very promising. I have been waiting a long time to see this kind of technical things in a F1 game. Also the best Dynamic rain i ever seen.

I remember with F1:CE I got bored of career mode after around 4 seasons. That and the inconsistency. I won my third season for McLaren by a landslide, then the following season only Super Aguri wanted me. Confused!

One thing F1 2010 has going for it, unlike other Codemasters games like Dirt2, is that the expectations are very high. And from an F1 crowd that knows its sport. So Dirt2 as a game is ruined by a whole flood of cheats and glitches that Codemasters dont give a rat piss about fixing. Both time trial and online racing in Dirt2 is a joke because of built-in or accidental flaws. 'Wall Riding' in Dirt2 is just one small example.

So the F1 game has the advantage from a gamers point of view. If they havent got their head out of their ass by now about allowing glitches and cheats then god help them..

Back