F1 2010F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
The fact that they won't release a demo is worrying enough.

So for the exact same reason, GT5 is going to be crap then?

To be honest, I am worried that F1 2010 is going to be a dissapointment purely because its codemasters.
As long as it feels alright to play & the career mode is pretty good & this media part is actually half as good as they say then I'll be happy.
I just dont want the physics to be like Grid, Toca or any other codemasters games as they all tend to feel roughly the same.
I know they are making it an Arcade/Sim game & from a business point of view that makes sense but I'm just hoping it isnt too arcade based.
I've pre-ordered the game just because its F1 & we havent had a new F1 game (for ps3) for years.

What makes marchi sound dumb is the way he wants to piss on something without having enough information, but thinks he does.
Also, marchi, owners of the PS3 dont exactly have a butt load of racing games to choose from at the moment. Yes, finally after all this time there are a few on the way, but its been quite a long wait. And its not fun to wait. So finally there is a F1 title coming out, after all this time, and before it even hits the street you take it on yourself to judge it a failure. On a forum where nearly everyone is dying to see what we get. We're looking forward to seeing what we get. So I guess in your *cough* brain *cough* we are all gullible fools and YOU are the shining voice of reality and truth.
Well thank you, marchi, for being the smartest one on the forum and seeing through the smoke screen of Codemaster lies and deception. We owe you a lot for your in depth analysis of how F1 2010 fails to deliver on its promises. Maybe you should be a professional reviewer? We all love the way you remove all the excess baggage from your judgments -like actually playing the game, and just make pronouncements using superior mental powers of guessing and YouTube videos. Wow ..impressive! Hey, theres a bunch of guys at the official F1 10' forum that I bet would love to hear from you. Why dont you go there now.

Zing :lol: Nice:tup:

Has anyone scene game video or screen shots showing circuit Gilles Villeneuve (MOntreal, Grand Prix of Canada)? I am wondering if the track at the finish line has the 'salut Gilles' inscription?

I have pre-ordered F1 2010, and looking forward to the 2nd (only) F1 game on PS3:tup:

I just looked at the photos of the GameStop package art work for GT5 and they didn’t say anything about open wheel racing, so I am a little bit more excited about the new F1 game. I was dreading the thought that since I am going to buy both games I didn’t want to buy the same racing medium twice.

I just looked at the photos of the GameStop package art work for GT5 and they didn’t say anything about open wheel racing, so I am a little bit more excited about the new F1 game. I was dreading the thought that since I am going to buy both games I didn’t want to buy the same racing medium twice.
There will be open wheelers in GT5, in the form of the Ferrari F2007 (and perhaps a Red Bull Racing machine?), but F1 games tend to have a pretty different style of gameplay compared to the Gran Turismo series (and based on GT3 and 4, there will probably only be one "F1" championship, equal to only one season in F1 2010) so I wouldn't worry about it.

Kind of going off of what Jackington has said, GT has never fully featured a series so chances are GT won't feature all the tracks from the F1 season. Thus far we have 2 current confirmed tracks(Suzuka and Monza), 3 former tracks(Indy, Nurburgring and Fuji) and 2 that may/may not be in the game(Spa and Cote de Azur(Monaco)). We have also only seen 1 F1 car(F2007) so I wouldn't be worried about it.

:lol::lol::lol:
Yes because developers would never big their own game up. I've got two eyes and two ears and a brain. If you cannot comprehend that developers are willing to sell you a lie to sell their product then you are sadly deluded. The fact that they won't release a demo is worrying enough.

Because you know the exact reasons for not releasing a demo? The technical, legal and financial aspects of a console demo release?

I'm more than confident F1 2010 will be a hit, sure, it'll have its flaws, all games will. But the independent reviews are prooving positive so far and my own interaction with people working on the game has been even more so.

Sometimes its easy to forget how easy/good we have it. On the Rumble Strip forum theres a guy moaning about the meaninglessness of his life and of wanting to kill himself. One post after another from him and its always the same gloomy message. I hope he cheers up soon because if not then eventually we will kill him for him :)
Its something like that when you read about guys condemning F1 10' because the non-saturated colors arent what they are used to, etc. etc. etc. into infinity. ..fecking people have forgotten how to have fun!

Yes F1 10' wont be perfect. But in the words of Kurt Cobain, 'I'm soo ugly, but thats ok, cause so are you.' If you cant afford it right away then rent the stinking game, but if you buy it right away then use the menu options to make a game that gives you some fun. Personally I find career modes too RPG, so my hopes are on TimeTrial and a decent AI. Whatever. But I know F1 10' is a game, and games can be fun. They can be really really fun. When we were kids we had fun with rocks and sticks ..and now we complain about everything. Sometimes even before we get it (!)

Kneedragger: "When we were kids we had fun with rocks and sticks ..and now we complain about everything. Sometimes even before we get it (!)"
👍 And no batteries required:dopey:

'We are spoiled 'kids' nowadays; before I only could imagine what it might be like to race an F1 car; and now 'we' can for a relatively cheap investment :)

Now if I could only convince Red Bull Racing to give me their racing simulator when Mark is finished with it this (championship winning season I hope:)) :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
Yes because developers would never big their own game up. I've got two eyes and two ears and a brain. If you cannot comprehend that developers are willing to sell you a lie to sell their product then you are sadly deluded. The fact that they won't release a demo is worrying enough.

Who said Iwas referring to what the devs have said. Go read some reviews and write ups from people who have played the game.

I've got two eyes and two ears and a brain.
Then how about you start using them and go watch some gameplay videos?

The fact that they won't release a demo is worrying enough.
There have been demos at trade shows and gaming conventions. They just haven't released a wider one to the public. But seriously, who the hell releases demos anymore? 90% of the demos you used to get all came on the same disc with an issue of a gaming magazine.

Then how about you start using them and go watch some gameplay videos?

There have been demos at trade shows and gaming conventions. They just haven't released a wider one to the public. But seriously, who the hell releases demos anymore? 90% of the demos you used to get all came on the same disc with an issue of a gaming magazine.

I still see demos in the store popping up even though some of the games are ****** as they get. Whats wrong with having a demo anyway? What if someone decides that he doesnt like the game anymore. He might save his money for something else then.

I still see demos in the store popping up even though some of the games are ****** as they get. Whats wrong with having a demo anyway? What if someone decides that he doesnt like the game anymore. He might save his money for something else then.
I mean those mass demos that got shipped out with magazines. I remember buying the Official Australian PlayStation Magazine and you'd get a disc that would have demos of Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider IV, Gran Turismo 2, 40 Winks and a whole host of others for your sampling pleasure. But I haven't seen anyting like that, and if I were a game developer, I think I'd have trouble justifying doing it.

Besdies - and this is largely for marchi's benefit - Codemasters haven't released demos for a long time. I can't speak for the Dirt games, but I know they didn't have one for the first two Colin McRae Rally games, and that was way back in 2000-ish.

What makes marchi sound dumb is the way he wants to piss on something without having enough information, but thinks he does.
Also, marchi, owners of the PS3 dont exactly have a butt load of racing games to choose from at the moment. Yes, finally after all this time there are a few on the way, but its been quite a long wait. And its not fun to wait. So finally there is a F1 title coming out, after all this time, and before it even hits the street you take it on yourself to judge it a failure. On a forum where nearly everyone is dying to see what we get. We're looking forward to seeing what we get. So I guess in your *cough* brain *cough* we are all gullible fools and YOU are the shining voice of reality and truth.
Well thank you, marchi, for being the smartest one on the forum and seeing through the smoke screen of Codemaster lies and deception. We owe you a lot for your in depth analysis of how F1 2010 fails to deliver on its promises. Maybe you should be a professional reviewer? We all love the way you remove all the excess baggage from your judgments -like actually playing the game, and just make pronouncements using superior mental powers of guessing and YouTube videos. Wow ..impressive! Hey, theres a bunch of guys at the official F1 10' forum that I bet would love to hear from you. Why dont you go there now.

No, you are gullible to believe that Codemasters are going to deliver a game that lives up to what they say it will. They've taken a very basic and very simple arcade engine that quite frankly, failed to deliver an overwhelming experience in Grid and Dirt and try and mask it with pretty colours and cheap gimmicks. Why focus on crap like press conferences when they should be working on frame rates. 30 FPS in this genre is laughable. The core game is what counts and if its crap then the rest of the game will be crap. Its not hard to put two and two together and realize that somethings got to give.
I'm moderately excited about this game, but people really need to put into perspective who these developers are and where this game is coming from. It will be a solid game, but don't think it will be anything more then that.

Who said Iwas referring to what the devs have said. Go read some reviews and write ups from people who have played the game.

Yes because independent game reviewers are never paid to test products... Oh wait.... Mafia 2 for example. Rave reviews, failed to deliver in almost every aspect. I along with thousands, paid good money only for a developer to rip us off.

Last edited:
No, you are gullible to believe that Codemasters are going to deliver a game that lives up to what they say it will. They've taken a very basic and very simple arcade engine that quite frankly, failed to deliver an overwhelming experience in Grid and Dirt and try and mask it with pretty colours and cheap gimmicks. Why focus on crap like press conferences when they should be working on frame rates. 30 FPS in this genre is laughable. The core game is what counts and if its crap then the rest of the game will be crap. Its not hard to put two and two together and realize that somethings got to give.
I'm moderately excited about this game, but people really need to put into perspective who these developers are and where this game is coming from. It will be a solid game, but don't think it will be anything more then that.

So you've played the game than?

I think you are not fully understanding what the engine a game runs on does, It's merely a development tool, for instance the Unreal engine has been used for several different types and styles of games. For instance it was used for both Mass Effect and Batman: Arkham Asylum, two games that are nowhere near being similar, yet have the same engine.

The bold parts also throw me off, make up your mind about the game, which still hasn't come yet.

Edit: Also where are these rave reviews for Mafia 2? It currently has a 7.4/10 for the critic score and a 7.6/10 for the user score.(Both pulled from Metacritic)

Last edited:
Yes because independent game reviewers are never paid to test products... Oh wait.... Mafia 2 for example. Rave reviews, failed to deliver in almost every aspect. I along with thousands, paid good money only for a developer to rip us off.
marchi, if you believe F1 2010 will be as bad as you're making it out to be, the answer is simple: don't play it. Let us make our own decisions about it; after all, it's our hard-earned money that we'll be spending on the game.

marchi- did u not play Dirt 1? Game is a landmark man. Im assuming you have stupid high standards.

marchi, if you believe F1 2010 will be as bad as you're making it out to be, the answer is simple: don't play it. Let us make our own decisions about it; after all, it's our hard-earned money that we'll be spending on the game.

Oh ffs can you people even read. I said it could be bad, I never said it would be bad. My only issue thus far is with the frame rate which is a bit of a joke.

Sounds like someone made their way from the GT5 forum if they're arguing about racing games needing to be above 30FPS.

Who cares. The game still looks really good.

Oh ffs can you people even read. I said it could be bad, I never said it would be bad. My only issue thus far is with the frame rate which is a bit of a joke.

Don't back out now. You said the core game was crap, and if the core game is crap the game itself will be crap. I'm not seeing any coulds, mights or maybes in there.

It's never going to be GT5, but from what I've seen it's going to be a good game for what it tries to do. It has some features that haven't been seen in a game before. They may be good, they may not, but I credit the developers for trying something new. And it covers a racing series which hasn't had a serious licensed game for a while.

You can not like it all you want, but stop calling the rest of us idiots for wanting to buy the game.

Don't back out now. You said the core game was crap, and if the core game is crap the game itself will be crap. I'm not seeing any coulds, mights or maybes in there.

It's never going to be GT5, but from what I've seen it's going to be a good game for what it tries to do. It has some features that haven't been seen in a game before. They may be good, they may not, but I credit the developers for trying something new. And it covers a racing series which hasn't had a serious licensed game for a while.

You can not like it all you want, but stop calling the rest of us idiots for wanting to buy the game.
The core game is what counts and if its crap then the rest of the game will be crap

Couple of key words right there...

And yet again, read what i've been saying. I've never called your idiots for buying the game, i've called people deluded for seemingly thinking that every word that comes out of the developers and reviewers mouth is the god honest truth.

Latest Posts

Back