F1 2010F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
If you think that the frame rate is all that I have an issue with then open your eyes. It was just one of a couple of issues I have a problem with.

Seems all you have been banging on about for the past few days :)

And your response to the point I made about millions of people enjoying games played at 30fps?

And you are fully entitled to your opinions, just don't try and put those opinions across as fact and 'tell' the rest of us how it is.

Marchi is providing a valuable service. Thanks to his feisty and determined (and seemingly endless) criticisms, these final days of waiting for F1 10 are going by much quicker. I actually would like it if he moved forward from critiquing framerates and lag/latencies (which our brains can somewhat compensate for) into even more controversial areas. Perhaps he can assert that all of us are, at the end of the day, merely projections of his inner self. That we do not in fact have independent existence at all -save for the awareness of us that he grants us by visiting this forum. And that this entire sequence of posts and arguments is nothing more than a momentary flicker of expression originating from HIM and him alone. Including this very post, and me, right now.

Anyway. Just a thought.

It will be nice to have a new game to play. All the brain power in the world cant change that.

This game is looking the mutt's nuts. Check out Monaco at 7:00: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZeGbQ0fojo

Thanks for the link! 👍 I keep looking at the end of everyday for a recent "preview" of the game or even hoping for a Review really.
I'm getting excited now after watching that! I cant wait, its only 2 weeks away! My postman better deliver to my house earlier than normal!
I normally have to wait untill 1-2pm I wont be able to wait that long for this on the 24th!

Last edited:
Well actually there is.

think of it like this

I I I I I I I I I I I 30fps
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 60fps
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

There is more data being shown, it doesn't change, but with a lower FPS you skip over more information. Its the reason why these games run at 30FPS. You can jam alot more information in because the picture is not being refreshed as often. Its why developers look at Gran Turismo and admire the way it can produce the graphics that it does, while remaining at an almost seamless 30fps.

You can sit there and tell me that it makes no difference, but it does.

Once again there is no new information supplied when the game is at 60fps compared to 30fps, it merely makes the movements smoother. Unless you are playing a game at 2x speed everything happens at the same pace. Look again at that example I posted, count the revolutions of the block, count the time it takes to get through a complete cycle, they are all the same for all 3 fps settings.

Unless you have super reflexes you won't be able to react to something in .033 seconds.

I should have clarified, that he wasn't talking just about himself in general in terms of need but most. The recommended settings for iRacing and the like at 80 to 100 fps to achieve the best racing experience. While you can race at lower levels, the delay is less obvious as it is at 30 FPS.

Which is pointless as lcd monitors are usually locked at 60.

Oh, and I just checked and the multi-quote function is indeed still functioning. 👍

Did I accidentally stumble upon a subsection of the forum to discuss frame rates?

This game is going to be awesome, especially at my prefered 46.7 FPS. Anything slower and I get gassy....

After watching that autosport video, I think using a wheel is definately going to be the way to go.

What made you think anything other than that?
Going round Monaco with a wheel will be an amazing experience!

This game is looking the mutt's nuts. Check out Monaco at 7:00: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZeGbQ0fojo

Monaco at 7:00 (!)

We had some time to kill until game release so in that sense I dont mind batting the ball back and forth with guys like marchi. But watching this video, especially the Monaco lap, makes me ashamed I ever wasted my time with that turkey. That gentleman knows about as much about racing as he does about fornicating. This game isnt just going to be a bit better then f1ce here and there, its going to crush its living guts. Its going to grab f1ce by the nose and its going to kick it, in the ass! And its going to go through that game, and keep going through it, like crap through a goose!!
(paraphrased from Gen. George Patton)

Monaco at 7:00 (!)

We had some time to kill until game release so in that sense I dont mind batting the ball back and forth with guys like marchi. But watching this video, especially the Monaco lap, makes me ashamed I ever wasted my time with that turkey. That gentleman knows about as much about racing as he does about fornicating. This game isnt just going to be a bit better then f1ce here and there, its going to crush its living guts. Its going to grab f1ce by the nose and its going to kick it, in the ass! And its going to go through that game, and keep going through it, like crap through a goose!!

It is looking good, I do agree. Still, until it is in our hot little hands, we really don't yet know how it feels.

It is looking good, I do agree. Still, until it is in our hot little hands, we really don't yet know how it feels.

I completely agree with this. I just hope it feels atleast as good as recent F1 games. If it can be better then thats amazing but I'd still be happy if it feel just as good.
We only have 2 weeks left to wait so thats not long at all!! Has anyone on GTP actually tried it at Gamescon or anything? Or was everyone too busy on GT5? :P

What made you think anything other than that?

The fact that the game is on the 2 main consoles, where the main users will be using a gamepad and not a wheel.

I will test, and I'm sure many others will as well, any differences in lap times between controllers and wheels.

Lul.

f12010.jpg

Dave Kaemmer is probably the most important developer in Sim Racing history. He's the American Kazanori Yamauchi if you will. He's been the designers onfgames like Grand Prix Legends, Nascar 2003 and iRacing. I'd say its fair enough to assume he knows just a bit more about racing games then most.
Actually ... Geoff Crammond would probably be the most important developer in sim racing, given that he practically invented the genre.

Now, you've answered who Dave Kaemmer is; now tell me why his opinion impacts on my gaming experience.

I think the experience with Shift has left everyone sceptical about pre-release claims. We'll find out soon just how much of a "sim" F1 2010 actually is.

Does look good though ...

Last edited:
I find the ongoing fps argument hilarious.

I'm pretty sure I read a long time ago that the human eye cannot distinguish between 24ish fps and above...

The only reason why we're discussing framerate at all is because marchi seems intent on ruining the game for everyone simply because he doesn't like Codemasters for some vague and ill-defined reason.

I find the ongoing fps argument hilarious.

I'm pretty sure I read a long time ago that the human eye cannot distinguish between 24ish fps and above...

Depends on the color and the brightness of the light. Some people can see up to 4000 fps for dark objects in a white (or light blue) background.
For the opposite (white light in a dark background), they (and all people) can only see 15-30 fps. But for the best viewing experience for most people, the frame rate of a movie or a game should not be less than 500 FPS!.

You know, watching some of the racing in the feeder series, it's a shame Codemasters couldn't include GP2 and GP3 in this game. Would have produced some good racing as a way to introduce you to the game and maybe attract some attention ahead of the actual career game. It would certainly be funny (to me, at least) if you were just racing in a field of thirty anonymous GP3 cars an didn't actually get to enter your name until you joined a Formula 1 team ...

I think in future F1 games by Codemasters there will be feeder series. Split Screen for F1 2011 is already confirmed.

Well, they said they tried to get a feeder series in there, but couldn't make it work. I just think it would be great if you could trundle around trying to get the teams' attention in the first place. It would be great as a tutorial mode.

He was briliant with phrases
"War is not about dying for your country its about making the other 🤬 die for his. (I think it was him who said that)

on the topic of f1 2010 I CANT WAIT.:) and F1 2011 will be perfect i guarantee (well maybe not as good as gt5)

Back