F1 2010F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
I don't think I'll do full lenght races because I usually don't have enough free time to do one. And even if you could save your progress midrace I don't think I'd do it. I would be happy with 10/20 laps races already.

I think I read on the codemasters F1 2010 forum that you can do either full length practice 1,2&3, Qualy & race OR you can (not sure on times I'd have to look for it) do an hours practice, 35mins qualy & 10 lap race I think it was. I'm sure you can customize the lengths of races etc in the options though.

After each F1 season do you just start over again,

I'm guessing that is how the normal season mode will work.

or can you start with a small team & work your way up?

There is a 7 year career mode where you start with a bottom team and can either try and get a job with a top team or you can upgrade your team and make it a top performing car.

There is a 7 year career mode where you start with a bottom team and can either try and get a job with a top team or you can upgrade your team and make it a top performing car.

Sounds good.

Should fill the gap between now & November.

Wasnt to sure about this game at first, but the more I read about it, the more it seems like a day one purchase for me.

I really liked F1:CE and still play it, so I was going to skip this one. I dont think thats possible now with what all is in this game.

Hopefully catch up with some of you guys online next week.

Still wonder why the Red Bull and Torro Rosso cars both have Toyota TF109 steering wheels. They were like that in F1 2009 as well, but why haven't they changed it?

Still wonder why the Red Bull and Torro Rosso cars both have Toyota TF109 steering wheels. They were like that in F1 2009 as well, but why haven't they changed it?

They haven't completely modeled the steering wheels for each car because they decided to make it less realistic so they could have some interaction with the wheels.
Thats maybe why the wheels dont look the exact same as real life.

They haven't completely modeled the steering wheels for each car because they decided to make it less realistic so they could have some interaction with the wheels.
Thats maybe why the wheels dont look the exact same as real life.

I don't get it. The other wheels look just like their irl counterparts, but the Red Bull and Torro Rosso wheel is not even one at all.

Anything branded with a year such as F1 2010 has to have that season only whilst if you called it something else like CE did you can have historic cars and tracks. Its just bernie caring only about money again.

Anything branded with a year such as F1 2010 has to have that season only whilst if you called it something else like CE did you can have historic cars and tracks. Its just bernie caring only about money again.

They were in F1 06 too, which is the game F1:CE is based on.

FOM has no authority over previous seasons' F1 cars - those cars are now under the copyright of their respective owners (teams and manufacturers). The FOM only has authority over the current season.
Basically Codemasters can't be bothered to go and obtain the copyright from the various teams for the pre-2010 cars, plus, they probably aren't interested in putting them into the design of the game.

They were in F1 06 too, which is the game F1:CE is based on.

FOM has no authority over previous seasons' F1 cars - those cars are now under the copyright of their respective owners (teams and manufacturers). The FOM only has authority over the current season.
Basically Codemasters can't be bothered to go and obtain the copyright from the various teams for the pre-2010 cars, plus, they probably aren't interested in putting them into the design of the game.

Im only reading what codemasters have said so if its bull its not me saying it directly..

Just being confirmed by Sauber that Heidfeld will replace De La Rosa from now on. Will the game also get this update together with the mirrors being attached to the cockpits?

I'm eagerly waiting for this game. But really wondering how it will stack up wenn GT5 arrives.

There could be a plusside on the arrival of GT5. Meaning the F1 will be more crowded with F1 Race Fans and some decent onlineracing :D

Just being confirmed by Sauber that Heidfeld will replace De La Rosa from now on. Will the game also get this update together with the mirrors being attached to the cockpits?

The games gone gold already and cars were signed off in spain i think.

Just being confirmed by Sauber that Heidfeld will replace De La Rosa from now on.

Really?! I've gotta go read this!! Sauber may start getting more points from now on, Kobayashi has literally scored all but 2 of saubers points this season!

New vid.

And a couple of screen caps from it.

buttonnight.jpg

massanight.jpg

The games gone gold already and cars were signed off in spain i think.
Cars had to have mounted rearview mirrors from the Chinese Grand Prix. That may have been moved back to the Spanish to make it easier by reducing transport costs. But the changes had deifnitely been made by the time the cars were signed off.

Yummie at the new vid. This is one of these games I have to have a day before the release date. :)

Shops in my neighboorhood, be prepared for me calling you next week.

I would have it day one if i could but i recently lost my job! UGH. by the time my new job starts it will be 2 weeks before gt5. i will probably not end up getting this till its 40 on amazon, or have some spare credits. nothing having Fuji, and the Ring leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I would have it day one if i could but i recently lost my job! UGH. by the time my new job starts it will be 2 weeks before gt5. i will probably not end up getting this till its 40 on amazon, or have some spare credits. nothing having Fuji, and the Ring leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Surely you were not expecting them, what with it being based on this season. Plus Fuji has lost the GP anyway hasn't it?

I think that codemasters should have put the test drivers in the game so they can have a midseason switch like the chandok-Yamamoto switch. Sauber didn't have a test driver though and just stole nick heidfeild though.

I think that codemasters should have put the test drivers in the game so they can have a midseason switch like the chandok-Yamamoto switch. Sauber didn't have a test driver though and just stole nick heidfeild though.

Sauber's reserve is Esteban Gutiérrez, he's not a test driver, but if a Sauber driver had been injured, he would have gotten the call.

I don't see why having test/reserve drivers in the game would mean they could have mid-season driver changes. Its a neat way of swapping them about though, certainly. But its still a rather complex feature, and the real problem is that they are attempting to release this game before the season is over - so its too late now to include driver swaps like Yamamoto and Heidfeld.
F1:CE didn't have driver swaps such as Montoya - De La Rosa, Ide - Montagny/Yamamoto, Villenueve - Kubica and Klien - Doornbos either.

It will interesting to see what happens to the drivers that you take the place of during your career. I mean, when I finally make it to McLaren, it would kinda suck if Lewis just disappears from the sport. It would be nice if you get to pick which person you take the place of, but I doubt that will be the case. There were only rare occasions in F1:CE, where I was ever a 2nd driver. I expect more 2nd driver time in this game, for sure. As I'm sure many of your are familiar, in F1:CE, if you were the 2nd driver, you'd simply take the place of the usual 2nd driver, and if the 1st you took their place, with whoever you replace becoming the test driver. That would be pretty wild if you forced Alonso, Hamilton, or Schumacher into being a test driver! I wouldn't want to see any of them leave the grid though.

Back