F1 2010F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
i hope the game don't have a catch-up system. when you are at 1st place, the IA van easly follow. when you are behind they slow down.
Why on earth would Codemasters include a catchup system when they went out of their way to stop the tactic of diving down the inside to pick up ten places? If the cars stay with you, that's because you have to fight for every tenth of a second. If you start reeling the leader in, it's going to be because they have a huge lead and play it conservatively - but if you throw down a fastest lap, they'll respond in kind.

They'll probably have some features that make it easy, in the dev diaries he said that its easier to make a simulation game and add aids for those that need them.

Arkkk, i was so looking forward to this F1 2010, but the PS3 version looks like CRAP, seriously, not even in comparison, just in general it looks crap. Sadness for PS3 F1 fans. Pc version looks amazing though, not amazing eonugh to spend 3000 US$ to get a pc to run it at full spec.

:facepalm: 3000$ are you seriou ? Do you have any other cliché about pc gaming ? My 500€ PC waste your PS3 on every games and would run GT5 fingers in the nose while running 3dsmax rendering.

Looooong loading times in that video. Do the consoles' versions of DiRT2 and GRiD take that long to load too?

Edit: By the way, my pre-load of the game is done. Just have to wait for Steam to release it now. :D

Dirt2 is quicker than that iirc. Then again, my experience is that first time load tends to be longer.

Re load times.

Many PS3 games come with an optional (sometimes mandatory) install that can help with loading times versus that booting solely from the disc.

On the 360, every game has the option of being completely installed directly to the hard disc. For these games the OS simply checks to make sure the correct game in in the disc drive and then runs the software from the HD. In my experience it can make a measurable difference, let's say upwards of dozens of seconds in decreased load times. Depends on the game though natch.

http://www.virtualr.net/f1-2010-pcconsole-graphics-comparison/

Arkkk, i was so looking forward to this F1 2010, but the PS3 version looks like CRAP, seriously, not even in comparison, just in general it looks crap. Sadness for PS3 F1 fans. Pc version looks amazing though, not amazing eonugh to spend 3000 US$ to get a pc to run it at full spec.

I saw those pictures and then I stumbled upon this video by insidesimracing, it is the PS3 version and it looks a lot better than those pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p2M_O1Bjp8

You be the judge.

Is it just me or did anyone else cringe when the InsideSimRacing guy ride the limiter in the Lotus... Poor little Cosworth

Is it just me or did anyone else cringe when the InsideSimRacing guy ride the limiter in the Lotus... Poor little Cosworth

Its not just the ISR guys. Its every video I've seen so far. They always make the engine scream before changing up. They dont realise that when all the lights come on the wheel its time to change.

Its not just the ISR guys. Its every video I've seen so far. They always make the engine scream before changing up. They dont realise that when all the lights come on the wheel its time to change.

They probably get distracted... Oooo Christmas lights pretty... *BANG*... :indiff:

They probably think that's the way the game is supposed to be played because that's how you play rFactor or whatever.

That looks a bit suspect to me. If everything we've heard about the game is true, that shouldn't be possible. Either the cars have all been equilised, or the guy playing should be racing in Formula 1 for real.

He was playing on intermediate AI difficulty with all aids on.

The Hispanias look weird with the red and yellow (and practically invisible HRT) on their sidepods instead of BRUNO and KARUN.

The cars take way too long to change gears in F1 2010. These are F1 cars, they should change almost instantly, there's quite a long pause between gears, which you don't hear irl.

Argh, I cannot watch someone play whilst using the pad, the hand movements are so irritating.

I was thinking the same watching that, youg et so used to seeing it be smooth while playing with a wheel it just looks wrong and annoying.

the IA looks strong on the highest level. But on each track there are 1 or 2 corners where the IA-cars are slow. At this turns you have to avoid other cars, they almost stand still.

It does look as though the AI is not that tough compared to F1CE, but hard to be sure. The guy in the Montreal GP video drives pretty well. It would be nice if, on the "hard" setting it wasn't so easy to overtake 4 cars on the first corner (F1CE also had this issue however).

4 guys in the 1st corner is doable if you go in the right direction. Bit to go from 22nd to 10th by turn 1 isn't. You could easily do the latter in F1:CE. Doesn't seem so easy to get blazing starts in F1 2010, especially because of the fact that you don't see the lights changing...

:facepalm: 3000$ are you seriou ? Do you have any other cliché about pc gaming ? My 500€ PC waste your PS3 on every games and would run GT5 fingers in the nose while running 3dsmax rendering.

:crazy:

500 euros thats like 1200 canadian, plus hd lcd screen plus mosnter cables plus sound system plus logitech wheel, is it 3000 yet? yes it is. now put a staple in it. :yuck:

Currency converter tells me that 500 euro is nearly $700 canadian. You're quite a bit off there, which makes me tend to doubt any of the other numbers that you're plucking out of thin air. PC gaming is very affordable if you're smart about it, and done well will give far better results than any of the consoles at the moment.

I wish I could afford a new PC to play this on, but I can't justify it when I have a PS3 already and I find the PS3 graphics to be completely acceptable.

you only need to spend about 1k on a rig to run F1 2010 with everything turned up max :P Dx11 whenever the patch comes out.

GT5 is SUPER OPtimized for the playstation 3. It would be almost impossible for pc game developers to achieve the same level of optimization on a console that they can on a pc because everyone has a different mishmash o hardware.

was thinking about getting this... even checked the lowest price but two things put me off.. no saftey car/lack of proper penalties.. ie drive through etc..
but more than that...

I don't ahve a wheel and am not spenidng hundreds or getting one, and the hands are bloody irritating. F1CE the hands were anoying in that you tried to countersteer and it would take its time moving, but in this is bloody crazy, you can't turn the wheel without going full lock within point 5 of a second.

Anyone else put off buying it for this reason?

Latest Posts

Back