F1 2010F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
I would like to point out that the Fry's ad appears to state quite clearly:
"Store Pickup: Not Available".
I can’t figure out who you are referring to or what your referring to considering that Jhunt and myself both posted links to Fry's add from our local newspaper and J also included the link to Fry’s website that you might have been referring to, but I would think that our intentions were pretty obvious that his heads up call out indicated that he and my revelation indicated that I, was going to go to the store to get our game and nothing from the newspaper add at least as I could tell mentioned anything like “Store Pickup: Not Available” :confused:

I can’t figure out who you are referring to or what your referring to considering that Jhunt and myself both posted links to Fry's add from our local newspaper and J also included the link to Fry’s website that you might have been referring to, but I would think that our intentions were pretty obvious that his heads up call out indicated that he and my revelation indicated that I, was going to go to the store to get our game and nothing from the newspaper add at least as I could tell mentioned anything like “Store Pickup: Not Available”

Just don't want you to be disappointed Lefty! ;) The website says "Store Pickup: Not Available", but that may just mean that you can't order online & pick it up at a store. In any case, I hope you get hold of a copy today... 👍

I can’t figure out who you are referring to or what your referring to considering that Jhunt and myself both posted links to Fry's add from our local newspaper and J also included the link to Fry’s website that you might have been referring to, but I would think that our intentions were pretty obvious that his heads up call out indicated that he and my revelation indicated that I, was going to go to the store to get our game and nothing from the newspaper add at least as I could tell mentioned anything like “Store Pickup: Not Available” :confused:

On the news paper ad, that was on the viewing area in the store, it stated "Available 8:00AM September 21". I was there promptly at 8:00am, then they said they are dependent on the supplier. It might arrive tonight or tomorrow morning :grumpy:

Just don't want you to be disappointed Lefty! ;) The website says "Store Pickup: Not Available", but that may just mean that you can't order online & pick it up at a store. In any case, I hope you get hold of a copy today... 👍

I got ya Biggles and thanks for you positive thoughts for all of us who got the rug pulled out from under our feet. I never thought that I wanted to live in Dubai until now….. lol

On the news paper ad, that was on the viewing area in the store, it stated "Available 8:00AM September 21". I was there promptly at 8:00am, then they said they are dependent on the supplier. It might arrive tonight or tomorrow morning :grumpy:

I was there at 8 and the game wasn't, they said that they would get another delivery at 9:30 so I came back then and the game didn't. Then they said it might be there at there 11 delivery and I walked around checking out their other stuff for a couple of hrs and the game still didn't show up so I'm done for today I think :-(

Last edited:
Apparently, Best Buy & Blockbuster around here are just now hearing about this game's release. GameStop told me to check back tomorrow morning.

Apparently, Best Buy & Blockbuster around here are just now hearing about this game's release. GameStop told me to check back tomorrow morning.

I got the same from them, but seemed vague. I figured Amazon usually keeps to their delivery dates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqEfVxKoIEE

:dunce:

The infamous pitlane bug.

One of the developers said they're are aware of the problem but wasn't entirely committed on saying whether the game will ever receive a patch.

That's not exactly a bug. It's annoying, but the program isn't doing anything it's not intended to do. It's just that what it's intended to do is far too conservative for how people want to play the game.

I'm sure there are other bugs that are floating around and will become public as more people play, but if that's the worst of it for now then I'm not worried. There are any number of great games that have far worse problems than that.

Bestbuy said that their delivery is in transit..???... Gamestop said they would have it this week, but that means it won't be on sale until NEXT Tuesday.... Booooooo!!!

That's not exactly a bug. It's annoying, but the program isn't doing anything it's not intended to do. It's just that what it's intended to do is far too conservative for how people want to play the game.

I'm sure there are other bugs that are floating around and will become public as more people play, but if that's the worst of it for now then I'm not worried. There are any number of great games that have far worse problems than that.

Whilst true, i say if that if it occurs regularly i can imagine many players being put off by it.

Indeed, one could argue that is how the real F1 teams should do it. Also, really not surprising a developer wouldn't commit to a patch before it's even released.

The question is who wants to do training sessions of hours and then only a race of 10 laps...

Even so, isn't it possible to alter your strategy and make a quick/late stop? Doing this would avoid all the pit mayhem.

Just played a bit now, the game seems pretty CPU hungry. It didn't matter if I set the graphics on low or high, the framerate was always around 27~30 FPS in time trial, and around 22 FPS during the race. :( It's playable but it could be much better. I thought this would run ok on my rig since it uses the same engine as the DiRT series and GRID but I was wrong. Unless a patch fixes this later on.

The game plays great with a wheel, FF is pretty good and I didn't fiddle with the wheel settings yet, the default settings are good enough.

Even with traction control off it's not so easy to spin the car, but other than that the game offers a good balance between arcade fun and simulation challenge.

Here's a few pics I took, medium graphics and 2x AA:

f12010game2010092119050.jpg

f12010game2010092119182.jpg

f12010game2010092119313.jpg

f12010game2010092119325.jpg

f12010game2010092119335.jpg

The question is who wants to do training sessions of hours and then only a race of 10 laps...

Even so, isn't it possible to alter your strategy and make a quick/late stop? Doing this would avoid all the pit mayhem.

Whilst this is one solution, if you in a long race but in or near a group of cars it's going to put you at a disadvantage.

What is your PC specs Livemusic? I should have my copy sometime tomorrow 👍:)
It's an Athlon X2 2.7GHz processor with a GF 8800GT VGA and 4 GB of RAM.

By the way, after I posted here I gave the game a go again, this time turning off the "Rapture 3D" feature in the audio menu and I gained some FPS. It's still not ideal but it's better.

I disagree the new layout is better for one corner, the Abbey curve because it's a corner where you can see so clearly who's fast and who's slow no doubt. Seeing the Red Bull take that corner flat for the first time was amazing and seeing the contrast in speeds between the GT2's and Peugeot 908's there was eye opening as well.

Got a link? I'd like my eyes to be opened! :sly:

Excited to pick this up after work tomorrow. I pre-ordered it at Gamestop, I guess I'll see how that worked out. I've been loving F1:CE for the past few months, even though it does not look that great, it's a lot of fun. I'm really hoping this will be as good as I'm hoping. I'm sure I'll be happy, I'm just not a fan of the weird Grid style menus, and I want the TV style timing and display. Not worried too much as everything else looks great. I actually thought it was going to be released Friday, so it's a nice mid-week bonus. :D!

Liking the game so far. Played it for a bit, when I say bit I mean close to 3hrs, cause the time just flew by. Having a hard time doing consecutive clean laps but that's where "rewind" comes in. I think I much prefer F1 racing to slower car games. The quicker, jerkier driving style fits me better. The interview part by the paddock and the after race interviews get really boring, as I suspected.

I downloaded the game via Steam earlier today (a big download at more than 7GB), and had to make myself get up after playing for nearly 6 hours straight (when I've got about 5.2 million other things to do). :ill: Needless to say, I absolutely love it. It's not as challenging as iRacing, but that doesn't make it any less fun. 👍 👍 I've only done hot lapping and private online racing with a friend of mine, so I have not yet seen how my system will handle a full grid. Otherwise, it has run very smoothly with all graphical settings topped off at 1280x768 (HDTV) and it is stunning to look at. Here's my HTPC's specs:

Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale @ 2.93GHz (stock)
4GB DDR3 1600
XFX-567x-ZNF3 (Radeon HD 5670) 1GB, 128-bit DDR5

Oh man I love this game and I haven't even made it into the first race yet :lol: Just doing practice and qual.

It is pretty intense though:
On my Intel Core i5-750 @ 3.51GHz, 8GB RAM and nvidia GTX260 it runs perfectly on high.
However on my Core 2 Duo E6200, 6GB of RAM and nvidia 8800GTS not so well. I turned all the settings to low but it looks like crap. Plus I need AA because I'm playing on a projector.

And the worst part is that I can't race at my faster PC, I have no space for wheel+pedals 👎

I will try to turn off Rapture as livemusic suggested and see what I can gain.

yesterday i was playing it 5 hours and it is not that great i thought.
the graphics are a bit disappointing on the ps3.
and yes! i want safety car
yes! i want a formation lap
its more arcarde then i thought.
when you are in the pit and you are looking at the tv in front of you to check your laptime you will get sick because the camera is always moving. it feels like sea sickness.

Back