Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 1,116 comments
BWX
Anyways this is what my CSL Elite V2 pedals are doing now when hooked up to GT DD Extreme in GT7.
I guess load cell is failing, it's falling out of calibration, but also there's an invisible phantom glitch every few seconds that resets the upper brake deadzone limit when in calibration screen in GT7. I wonder if anyone else has that glitch where it resets the upper calibration. Might be pedals, might be FW/ wheel.. not sure. 🤷‍♂️

This may or may not be news to you, but when in calibration mode, if you hold the brake pressure at a certain point for something like 3 or 4 seconds the pedals will set that as the new maximum (100%) pressure point.
That may be why your upper dead zone keeps changing?

@xDriver69x

Fair enough.

This is the ddX in game 10/8
100/100/100
ndp 29.
The rest, zero.

Compared to prepatch this is actually quite decent. Prior to this the oscillations were stronger and occupied a wider radius. As long as the wheel is turning it behaves. Its only on the straights once the vehicle is moving fast that it decides to get squirrelly. Im of the mind that this is created by road textures coming in without (enough) dampening and as previously stated, I haven’t even plugged the base into a pc, let alone change anything. So kinda thinking this is PD. But hey, firmware for fanatec has been a wild ride this year. Maybe its both of them.

Fortunately, since Thursday, gr3 and below are pretty good. Gr1 and the prototypes however are still a bit annoying.

Last edited:
A question to all of you guys on a DD+.
After a few days of testing and accommodating to the new FFB / ABS Physics, have you noticed the change of ABS FFB Feedback?
One very obvious effect is missing.
The Trailbraking FFB effect which was very obvious when you hit it spot on.
I don't know how to specifically describe it but there was this feel to the brakes when you perfectly nailed the revs according to the amount of brake pressure while releasing the brakes on turn in.
It's gone.
Completely.
It felt like a slight hum/buzz which perfectly matched the rotational speed the car was doing.
Very noticeable on Mr Cars.
I don't know if it's down to the physics change but It feels as if a lot of direct force effects related to the suspension/ braking have been muted.
The cars all feel very stable and only in the very latest moments the brakes seem to produce an effect to the FFB, especially the understeer rattle.
It's got shifted towards the very last 10%, where before it could be triggered way earlier.
Therefore everything feels as if it has been accelerated in terms of driving dynamics.

But anyway it feels good.
Not as good as before because of some missing effects but as always it's just a matter of getting used to the new behavior.
The FFB still feels very good and direct but because of the muted / cut out ABS interference, braking has become more of a muscle memory thing rather then a FFB induced perception / reaction.

@Kriptical
That amount of oscillating you get in your Wheel is nutz 😅
I was like OK, a few more minutes and his wrists are mud 😁

A question to all of you guys on a DD+.
After a few days of testing and accommodating to the new FFB / ABS Physics, have you noticed the change of ABS FFB Feedback?
One very obvious effect is missing.
The Trailbraking FFB effect which was very obvious when you hit it spot on.
I don't know how to specifically describe it but there was this feel to the brakes when you perfectly nailed the revs according to the amount of brake pressure while releasing the brakes on turn in.
It's gone.
Completely.
It felt like a slight hum/buzz which perfectly matched the rotational speed the car was doing.
Very noticeable on Mr Cars.
I don't know if it's down to the physics change but It feels as if a lot of direct force effects related to the suspension/ braking have been muted.
The cars all feel very stable and only in the very latest moments the brakes seem to produce an effect to the FFB, especially the understeer rattle.
It's got shifted towards the very last 10%, where before it could be triggered way earlier.
Therefore everything feels as if it has been accelerated in terms of driving dynamics.

But anyway it feels good.
Not as good as before because of some missing effects but as always it's just a matter of getting used to the new behavior.
The FFB still feels very good and direct but because of the muted / cut out ABS interference, braking has become more of a muscle memory thing rather then a FFB induced perception / reaction.

@Kriptical
That amount of oscillating you get in your Wheel is nutz 😅
I was like OK, a few more minutes and his wrists are mud 😁

Yeah. That little shimmy shake/chatter when you were on the edge is gone. Which is disappointing as i liked to find time dancing on the edge of that line. Without its guidance i kinda find kyself stomping a bit more. Which isn’t faster. Switched abs off this morning to remind my left foot where the line is, then returned it to weak, seems to help. I do like the feeling of abs off. Just don’t think i could manage other peoples code browns during a race without stomping too hard. Maybe someday that control will build in the left foot.

It may have been more difficult before. But in my experience when you stand on the brakes, like.. code brown level standing on em, modern cars included..things get a little funny. Now thats gone.

As you said though, the rest is pretty good and has been a lot of fun so far. Oscillating prototypes and gr1’s aside and all 😝

Yeah. That little shimmy shake/chatter when you were on the edge is gone. Which is disappointing as i liked to find time dancing on the edge of that line. Without its guidance i kinda find kyself stomping a bit more. Which isn’t faster. Switched abs off this morning to remind my left foot where the line is, then returned it to weak, seems to help. I do like the feeling of abs off. Just don’t think i could manage other peoples code browns during a race without stomping too hard. Maybe someday that control will build in the left foot.

It may have been more difficult before. But in my experience when you stand on the brakes, like.. code brown level standing on em, modern cars included..things get a little funny. Now thats gone.

As you said though, the rest is pretty good and has been a lot of fun so far. Oscillating prototypes and gr1’s aside and all 😝
Yeah doing the Barney Rubbleheimer stomp on the brakes heels to the tarmac definitely produces less wiggle which indeed takes away fine brake modulation 😅

Hopefully your DD+ will reach its first Birthday.
You are definitely giving it some hard time, but hey German engineering never fails huh 😁

Yeah doing the Barney Rubbleheimer stomp on the brakes heels to the tarmac definitely produces less wiggle which indeed takes away fine brake modulation 😅

Hopefully your DD+ will reach its first Birthday.
You are definitely giving it some hard time, but hey German engineering never fails huh 😁

Hah. If its going to die, I’d prefer it do it within warranty 😝. I was at around 7/8 ffb until relatively recently…but once they put out the physics patch i spent some time with regular cars i was familiar with and this felt pretty good. Figure i don’t know race cars, so do something you know and let the chips fall where they may on the other cars. I’ll just kind of continue avoiding gr1 and prototypes.

Hah. If its going to die, I’d prefer it do it within warranty 😝. I was at around 7/8 ffb until relatively recently…but once they put out the physics patch i spent some time with regular cars i was familiar with and this felt pretty good. Figure i don’t know race cars, so do something you know and let the chips fall where they may on the other cars. I’ll just kind of continue avoiding gr1 and prototypes.
Gr1s and high downforce cars in general are a tough nut to crack in terms of getting the Oscillations to a reasonable level if not eliminating them at all.
From my testings, I managed to eliminate them almost completely by doing the following.
It all depends on a few variables though.
The higher the in game sensitivity the more of NDP has to be added and the more the FOR as well as the FEI settings have to be adjusted accordingly.
The in game torque should be set first though as well as the Wheelbase max FFB.
My starting point is always
Wheelbase 100%
In game torque 5
In game sensitivity 1
NDP 50
NFR 5
INT 4
FOR as low as necessary
FEI as low as possible
The higher you start pushing the in game torque the higher the NDP has to be adjusted
It's a double sided sword though as you're going to loose some fine granular detail as well as some maximum Torque , but on the other side you'll be awarded with some extremely smooth and weighty driving sensation.
The cars will feel very planted and connected to the surface.
Weight transfers will feel very slow and not snappy.
The Suspension as well as road effects will be very muted but that's how it basically feels like in real life too.
The Wheel itself will only give you the basic feedback like in real life too.
Oversteer
Undeersteer
Weightiness
That is actually one thing I really enjoy and appreciate about the DD+.
You can basically set it up perfectly to your own personal preferences.

Therefore the FFB in general is a very subjective matter.
Some prefer them gamey and unrealistic, others try to replicate the real world sensations the best as possible.
At the end of the day, what matters is the enjoyment and the fun factor.
Each to their own 😁

Back